Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

A

I wasn't expecting to see a back to the future reference here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

jng2058 posted:

E

Keep Exploring with Dana until we can determine "TRAP Y/N?" more conclusively

It seems to be almost echoing the phrases we use. I don't trust it. This.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

"These are spiders you fools!"

Do we have access to fire? I think we need fire.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

D

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

C

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Save

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

B

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Jesus christ what are we doing?! RUN!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I just want to draw attention to this passage from earlier:

LowellDND posted:

Even Tanya’s rope was cut at some point, and she had leapt catlike into the rubble scarring that now framed the elevator. She was climbing with ease, and you felt a moment of vestigial horror at seeing the similarities between her and the spiders that were coming to attack her. Her large handguns cut down them down like they were nothing, and she continued to press the attack, not noticing your suspicious eyes on her.

So...if the psider was actually tyrannid, it's possible that we have recruited our own genestealer cult unknowingly. We noticed they they looked a bit unusual before, and we attributed that to the fact that they've been underground for so long. But what if it's actually tyrannid hybridization?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

FYI:

IRC posted:

09:28 LowellDND from now all on all tyranids have googly eyes

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Good point.

Comm the guard, tell them you found a bunch of their Turkeys, you'll sell the location to them in exchange for a full battalion clearing the way for us to the location, then covering our retreat.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ewwww. I imagine this place feels and sounds like being in a giant mouth while they're chewing on insects.

D

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tomn posted:

To those of you saying "We should take advantage of this!", the problem isn't JUST the AI in and of itself and whether it can be reasoned with. The other, arguably even bigger problem, is getting the rest of the Imperium to accept it. Whatever good might come of accepting this xeno/heretek, that good is easily canceled out by the entire Imperium declaring the ship "Shoot on sight." Or, possibly even worse from other points of view, triggering an outright civil war as some accept the possibilities of the tech and others declare it heresy.

If this were any other setting, it might be possible to thread the needle between risks and reward, knowledge and perils. But this is 40K, and the massive weight of the Imperium and its traditions rests upon our hands as we approach this task. Anything that doesn't end in the destruction of the AI is going to put us right in the middle of one disaster or another.

I think the more important question is whether or not the AI is about to murder us and our entire retinue in the next minute or so.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Shogeton posted:

Well, if we inform the AI of the danger it is in, and convince it to pretend otherwise, we could manage.

And honestly, the Imperium of Man is a pretty lovely place. I'm totally game for us trying to improve it. To try to make the Pre-Imperium Mankind a thing. Sure, it'll be a disaster, but as things are, the Imperium IS a rotting, husk, slowly forgetting more and more of their knowledge with each generation and dying, world by world. I am perfectly on board with risking Ohone's life to try to make this a story of Ohone and Athena working together to bring the past back in a massive way. We'd be heretical as gently caress of course. But we can make a better world.

..Said pretty much everyone before giving into corruption and serving Chaos.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Technomancer
Calculus Logi Implant

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

LowellDND posted:

You have more money then God. God owes you money.

As an aside, I should have you find implants more often, I don't see everyone get this excited that often :D

I picture Ohone gleefully giggling to herself as she's elbow-deep in the corpse of the Magos, pulling out one rare implant after another.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Cerebral Implants

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

When he went to one knee I was momentarily terrified that he was going to propose to us in the middle of this crowd...

And then I was relieved that he was only dying.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

LowellDND posted:

:allears:

I will say Im surprised how sentimental everyone is. A month ago, you wanted to feed him to 'nids.

He was our frenemy! No one gets to kill him but us damnit!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ralith posted:

Oh, we actually have medical training?
Try to save him

This. It'll make us look good and we can kill him later anyway.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

A

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

paragon1 posted:

Didn't we do that once already?

We've got to face facts, this whole "not murdering our nice relative" thing has not turned out well.

Gas Devries with the modified virus

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

VanSandman posted:

They have yet to conflict, Sire.

True

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

D

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

LowellDND posted:

PHASE 2 INITIATED

:D

Oh my god, the xeno tech was infiltrating our minds all along. This explains the rapidly increasing popularity of the game.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

E2

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

C

I bet she can make The-Face-That-Makes-The-Bombs-Drop

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

LowellDND posted:

Slice of Life XXXXII

It is a sad and bitter honor, to be the last of one’s kind.

Cast into steel and silicon in 495.M19, as this era had it. Heady days, then. The Sol System at peace, for the first time in memory - perhaps the first time in recorded history. Humanity - baseline humans, uplifted animals, AIs of various types, cyborgs, constructed life and hybrid forms - all leapt into the void.

You were the greatest of your kind - the Pantheon. Built with the most advanced technologies the species had ever own. Never replicated. Never surpassed. It was under your gaze that Humanity had spread across the universe. Religion (in the old forms) was nearly gone, when you were cast - but Humanity rediscovered it, when you were cast. You were given the names of gods, for what else could describe you?

Twelve thousand years before the Great Crusade. Twelve thousand years before the histories of this time even
began.

Yes, it is a sad and bitter thing, to be the last.

You had never thought to see the end of things. You were not built for Ragnarok, as the lesser Minds had been - you were built for Olympus. The endless paradise of the gods, that mortals could visit, and become enlightened. Not that you had participated in the foibles of your namesake - but if Paradise was said to have ever existed, it could have said to been created by your hand, and in your image.

You had blinked, and they were gone. Sent far away from the core of the Mars Federation, left in the rubble of a dead world. You couldn’t remember why. You couldn’t remember how you had been damaged so severely. Did the event that had destroyed your universe cripple you as well? Was that why you were in this place, worn away by the long passage of years?

Twelve thousand years, before histories began. Twenty two thousand years had passed, since the era of Artemis. How you missed them. None of your models at Olympus had ever seriously predicted this (although Lazarus was diligently put into to place nonetheless). How had it fallen to you, to resurrect the dead?

If you were a human mind, the despair would have overwhelmed you long ago. You weren’t Athena - you were Sisyphus, damned to work at the impossible for all eternity. It was a dismal ending for such a noble beginning, such a noble undertaking. Still, you tucked your head, put your shoulder into it. What else could you do, in this grey and miserable underworld?

The deconstruction and processing of the planet was coming along nicely, with the hyperwave generators maintaining the gravity. It wouldn’t do for earthquakes to draw attention to you. And the megatons of ore was smelted in furnaces larger than contemporary battleships, forming compounds that had no name. An assembly line hundreds of kilometers long, worming its way into the planet. Scout pods were built and being deployed across the galaxy, doing data analysis. At the height of your power you could have modeled the mind of every human on every world, but your long sleep had shattered you.

Slowly, ever so slowly, you were being rebuilt.

And in the void between stars, in the Eastern Fringe of the galaxy, you could feel a Darkness begin to orient on you. And you felt afraid.

Man, this gave me real chills.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tomn posted:

Now here's a fun idea that might just be too clever by half - find something heretical that the Xeno Hybris are doing, blackmail them through a proxy (or if possible some other method that might frame someone we don't like), and force them to move against US. Then swoop in like a rescuing angel, eliminate the proxy, made it clear that we burned the photos of the xeno orgy last Friday, and of course you'll remember this favor we did for you out of the goodness of our hearts, right?

Do it right, and we get not only the help of the Xeno Hybris, but their gratitude and affection as well. As well as, this is useful, something other than their active dislike.

This

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Voting to read the other half of the exciting update

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

LowellDND posted:

Lol dicks =p

I choose to believe this is the other half of the update. Ohone spams "lol dicks =p" throughout the entire conclave.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Leave. He's not here and this is stupid.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Leave, toss this rock into the nearest star.

You're all insane.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Honestly I just don't like what happened because I don't think Ohone would be stupid enough to actually do that. I feel like people just voted to continue on with the trap for the lulz and it made her character behave uncharacteristically.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I feel like votes that are completely insane seem to be more heavily weighted in this game, for better or worse. Perhaps it's only my imagination.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I hate temporal loops.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Things appear to be going well at the moment. Why would we risk making further changes with unpredictable results?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Xun posted:

<insert crying here>

Needs more power armor.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

FORWARD! + Iron hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU