Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B It's time for a weddin' y'all! *plucks thousand year old banjo crafted from xeno bones*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Let's get these space hillbillies drunk!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A. A few MegaRads never hurt nobody.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Hasn't anyone here ever played Battletech? C

I feel like we may have lost sight of our original goal somewhere in all of this.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B1 I forsee a lot of killing in our future. And let's go with my dad's suggestions for skills.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B Deffo get a rain-check on learning the secret paths though.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
C We can hardly become the next Rogue Trader and crush our political rivals underfoot if we have a bunch of Khornites or Nurgle worshipers wrecking up the place all the time. Best get rid of them before they do something nasty.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B, I doubt we're gonna be able to hide behind a space newspaper considering our typical attire.

Funerals on a spaceship ending in the recycling center reminds me of Knights of Sidonia.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

LowellDND posted:

Minor quibble - your last level up got you synth flesh, so you look like a normal void born, not a tech priest. (and presumably, can vat grow different colorations later to fit in other places)

I haven't read Knights of Sidonia, but it looks interesting.

I was thinking more our dress as a member of the Family and obvious wealth. I assumed we're dressed as per normal, our character doesn't seem like the kind of person who would ever learn to dress down and blend.

To put it another way: We're a Tech Priest, not a detective, dammit!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Is there any reason we can't watch the crowds from behind a newspaper while consulting the machine spirits?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Hmmm...hastily affixed robes, human blood, cats don't like them? Oh yeah, check out the dozen suspicious "priests".

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah buying Inquiry would be a good idea seeing as how we are, you know, an Inquisitor.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Might be best to lock in the vote after a certain amount of time has passed. You can avoid duplicating and/or wasting effort that way!

Remember, inefficiency breeds chaos!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A

Whelp. Time to start killin' in the Name.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
C Well this is certainly a kind of heresy, but are these the cultists we're looking for?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
D I think we just found the serial killer that one of our relatives tried to pin on some guy he murdered!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
SO I have been thinking, and I've decided that if we have to look all meaty then can we at least get some kind of auto-injector to put all kinds of rad space drugs into our meat?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A plus call in greycloak backup Time for murder.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I don't actually know what that is Sogol, care to elaborate?

oh god what have i unleashed

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Okay yeah, "unnatural grace" could be several things, none of them good. Interfering with cybernetics as well though? Can't be too many things that have both those traits.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
C This thing is going to be long gone by the time help arrives, I bet.

Peer Military
Sound Constitution
Simple Fel Advance

We're going to need to get the greys on our side at some point.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Seriously though we should try to get in good with at least some of the Greycloaks at some point. They're kind of important.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
3 We seem to do a LOT of killing.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Tran posted:

2 We need a fleet of servo skull buddies.

To elaborate a bit for the non-acolyte people. When they said "simple Fel" they were using shorthand for the first rank of attribute increase. All basic attributes (WS/BS/Str/Ect) can be raised up to four times for an increase of +5 per upgrade. Each upgrade costs an escalating amount, and the shorthand goes as follows: Simple -> Intermediate -> Trained -> Expert. So hopefully that makes it a little easier to participate in experience spending.

Man, then aren't our stats kinda sucky, and won't they always suck?

Also just checked the OP, where's all that corruption from?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Tech Use +20

Int Intermediate Advance

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Whatever we do we should make it absolutely clear to the Lord-Sire that what-his-face laziness and incompetence is what allowed the killings to continue and the Warp creature to go undetected. Who knows how long it could have gone undetected, and what it might have done, if we hadn't been so diligent?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Chantilly Say posted:

I disagree here. For one thing, now is not the time for that--we can settle whose fault it is once we've explained what's going on and gotten things under control. And if we want to throw our idiot cousin under the bus, we shouldn't seem too eager. The Lord-Sire isn't stupid, he knows what he asked the guy to do, and if we lay things out he'll come to the obvious conclusion without us holding his hand.

But, do we want to lay this all on him? If there's a way we bump some heat off to a third party, or suggest that he be let off lightly, we should. We have plenty of family members, if we get him blamed for a Warp incursion and spaced (or worse), another will take his place. But if he stays where he is but owes us his life, he could be an asset. A stupid, clumsy asset, but times may call for a hammer to complement our scalpel.

You're forgetting that Lord-Sire has basically no information regarding the serial killer-warp entity link. And that our idiot cousin, and I can't emphasize this enough, overlooked a warp incursion in the process of murdering the wrong guy. We absolutely should throw him under the bus, because the guy in charge basically just asked us to do so. What time should we play this card if not immediately post-crisis when the man in charge is A) Giving us his full and undivided attention and B)is probably looking for someone to punish?

This guy is in direct competition with us. Trying to blackmail him after the fact will just give him every incentive to try to murder us. And what would we blackmail him with? We have no physical proof that he's culpable. And what would we say if we decided to follow through? "Oh yes Lord-Sire I only just now remembered that my dear cousin nearly got us all killed by overlooking a Warp incursion, I somehow completely let that slip my mind the other day when you asked me about it."

We aren't just trying to get this guy killed, we want him permanently out of the running to inherit the top spot. The Lord-Sire expects maneuver, and I'd say crashing your rival into his own blithering incompetence is a drat good maneuver.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Oct 11, 2014

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

my dad posted:

You're right, we haven't. Which is why we're bringing the probable existence of a cult to our Liege's attention. And throwing cousin Scapegoat under the bus, just in case.

e: This is beyond the point where we can keep this subtle. Our Inquisitorial boss is going to be angry, but when the situation reached the point where a demon materializes, there wasn't much else we could have done.

Whether he gets pissed of at us depends on whether it was the cults existence itself or merely the Inquisition's investigation into them that was supposed to remain secret. If it is the latter, then we should be okay.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
D then C but we absolutely have to attend one of those parties. Our fellow competitors just asked us to pick sides, I think.

I have to wonder if Amacita is sorta incompetent and non-threatening, or just wants to appear that way.

We should secretly meet with both if we can.

Edit: Oh, and Woodhouse is probably just high on space heroine.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B4 with Uniting the Gangs as a long term goal. Uniting the Gangs and getting them to follow us means real control of the Deeps, which is something I think that perhaps our dear Family undervalues greatly.

My paranoia also suggests these strange organs, the daemon, this new drug, and the cult we're searching for are all linked.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
D while on our way to C, with A immediately afterwards. We can't really afford to ignore or anger Limosa or Amacita right now. And we need outside expertise of the Magos as well as the brownie points this will win us.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
D, but lie and tell her A 1

Amacita is the most suspicious one here by far.

Also, everyone already thinks we are a weirdo anyway.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Let's just kill her.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
What we really need to do is replace our vocal chords with a vox caster and wire in some torch/organ pipe things, so that every time we speak it is in a big booming voice with flames spewing everywhere.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
And laser eyes. For, uh, machining work. Yeah.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Circles within circles you say? Hmm...

I'm thinking of a thing that starts with a T and ends with zeentch.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We're gonna have to purge everyone on this drat ship just to be sure, aren't we?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Grognan posted:

So we might resume in December?

I think he means he's going to use his word count for updates for this thread as part of National Novel Writing Month?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B and D Follow the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

VanSandman posted:

I think they're being fed ork spores.

Wouldn't that result in, uh, rapid and incredibly horrible death?

Anyway, B