Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Centurion armor also has the fluff drawback of being unable to interface with a Space Marine's existing power armor or black carapace like Terminator and standard power armor does. This is probably why the RT can use it - it's just incredibly reinforced power armor, not specialized Space Marine only equipment. Hell, the only reason there aren't SoB versions of the thing is because GW will release new SoB models at about the same time the God Emperor is scheduled to begin his Great Crusade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
The Warhammer 40k universe is not one in which every life is sacred. Warfare and adventure on a inter-planetary scale doesn't leave time to worry about Dregs. B.
Make sure any plan that could fail will be blamed on her, and any plan that succeeds will be blamed on us, however.

1. An inquisitorial agent without Paranoia will be a dead inquisitorial agent sooner rather than later.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
It's only Tek Heresy if a higher-up says so. Or it uses AI or is obviously Xenos.

Edit: Honestly what she's revealed here shows she's got a weak-as-gently caress hand to play with. We can use her as a catspaw in our plot against the Slimy One. Hell, I'd advocate sending Woodhouse to see what he can find about her so-called network and see if we can subvert it to our own ends.

VanSandman fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 16, 2014

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LowellDND posted:

No idea, it was part of your starting kit and we haven't done anything with it as of yet.

Edit: You have like 1200 thrones in your stash and have literally never bought anything ever. And you are kind of friends with the Gangs right now.

We need guns. All of the guns.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Yeeeeah, explosions! Also I'm nthing Tran's Plan. We'll be dangerous enough to murder the poo poo out of anything we're likely to face except maybe Centurion armor.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I'm a little confused. What was the italicized part? Was it a recording sent to us by the Magos? Why did he do that? Did we tell him about the conspiracy against him or what?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I think it's important to find out what Limosa wants from us, and we should see if we can't make him think we'd be happy to support his bid if we got something - like maybe becoming Magos ourself? Obviously inform the Magos so he doesn't see us fake plotting against him. D.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
If we don't suss out how the heck slime-ball is actually orchestrating all of this we're going to regret it.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Can we set up some sort of monitoring system with a camera? It'd be useful to know who comes and goes in this place, especially if they come and leave by some other exit. Otherwise I say record and report this poo poo to the Magos and the Inquisitor, but with subtlety. You can always vent this place later.
So B and Something Else I suppose.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Would these people look healthier... maybe a bit... bigger?
We should take some blood samples. And hair and tissue.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
This adventure's about to get a little greener, I think.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Wentley posted:

You think they're being fed orcs?

I think they're being fed ork spores.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

paragon1 posted:

Wouldn't that result in, uh, rapid and incredibly horrible death?

Probably! But what if it didn't?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I vote D because trusting someone is sure to backfire spectacularly at some point and so I'd like it to backfire into surprise Hereteks rather than a knife in the back. We should still set up our own lab for the day we overthrow the Magos and take the position of ROGUE MAGOS!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Changing my vote to D 1 with set up our own lab at the top of the 'to do' list.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
D for me as well. Having your gloating cousin's gun not fire when he pulls the trigger (or better yet, explode in his hand) will be... satisfying.

Also if servo-skulls are available why not send out a team of ten or so networked together with surveying equipment to search the ship for convenient bolt-holes and lost places? It can't hurt to have a place to run to if everything goes horribly wrong.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

my dad posted:

Question: Do we have anything in our arsenal that could cause a bright, rapidly changing flash of light on frequencies just outside normal human vision range? Because I have an epileptically evil idea regarding our hypersensitive friends outside the food processor...

Ooooooh this is clever. A spec'd up Blind Grenade ought to do the trick.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
What can we discern about the static? If it's an information dead zone or bit of hostile scrap code, can we make a filter so we see something benign, yet obvious - a patch of plaid, perhaps, if it's a visual phenomenon as I assume - instead of the [static]?
Then shoot the plaid. Shoot it a lot.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Sounds like a great time for a code Omega to me.
I'm in favor of plan stop the distribution but we shouldn't risk our own hides.... or even assume that the daemon/xenos thing is talking to us. After all, we're part of a group.
Clarification: Were these Sisters of Battle? If so, call in a code omega, vent the area, sacrifice our allies but open the airlocks and rely on our augmetics and the artifact to keep us alive in vacuum long enough to get the hell out. After all, we do not want to go up against anything that can take out Sisters in Power Armor, no matter how sneaky it did so.

VanSandman fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 14, 2014

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
The only God we serve is the sacred Machine-God! All hail the Omnissiah!

B

I like the plan that involves throwing the new cat at the demon as a distraction while we signal a code Omega on repeat, broadcasting our current position and, if possible, a private channel to our Lord-Sire with the visual and audio feed from our sensors so he can witness our bravery personally.

Meanwhile, after stopping the distribution I suggest we retreat to a more defensible position. Hopefully the Daemonhost can't phase through walls.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Sugar and talking are suckers' choices. Throwing the cat cannot have any terrible consequences later on, so I go with plan Cat 2, even if we have to burn a fate point its worth it to kill the daemon.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
A E.

Find that Xeno! Inform the Lord Sire that there is a Xeno! Send our servitors against the Daemon, inform the responders that servitors may have the advantage here, at least up close.

How many points is an arco-flagellant of our very own?

VanSandman fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 17, 2014

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Remind me - what do we know of this Xenos species?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
It's 40k. Contradict the lore freely if it tells a good story.

Besides the difference between an Explorator fleet and a Rogue Trader is one of motivation, not action.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
If the cocoon's open, the thing is already loose. Start the Bleach cycle, but let's look around for the xeno.... spread out into squads, shout if you find anything.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
What've we got that can hit the daemon at range? Also we should set a guard on the cocoon, just in case. Preferably armed with flamers.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
So.... shoot everything that has the range for it, without getting any closer. Shame we don't have any indirect fire yet, but I suppose mortars are just an upgrade away.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Shoot it in the face. We need a quip first. 'Here, try this,' isn't bad, but surely we can do better.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

wiegieman posted:

Who is the Imperial patron saint of one-liners, this is important.

St. John McClanius of Old New York

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Let's go in with the professionals. C The proper professionals, not the mercenaries. We should liase with the Guard and Munitorum to see if we can get away with 'borrowing' some light flyers and troop transports. See if we can get Limosa to deal with the local nobility - try and sell some seats to nobility that have not yet been liberated, 100% cash down, so if and when they perish horribly we at least have their money. As for Amacita, I'm distrustful of her motives, but if we can keep an eye on her somehow she should be good at rousing the pilgrims.

I recommend splitting the mercenary companies into two groups - one to travel with the pilgrims and act as the anvil to the wildly flailing hammer that will be the pilgrims. Perhaps Amacita would be best seconded with them, so long as we could keep an eye on her and have the mercenary leader ready with a tranq dart if she starts doing something heretical. If the pilgrim front fails they can fall back and join the Guard proper and act as a heavy infantry detachment. Shame we don't have any armor, then I could make a proper plan of it. The second group of mercenaries should be kept away from the guard, at first - I sense nothing but rivalries if they are deployed together. They should come with us, AFTER initial deployment. We can serve as a highly mobile detachment to snuff out trouble on the battlefield before it turns into a crisis. We should get some vehicles for this purpose. And, of course, the moment we hear the way is clear to Gamma hive we can book it over there.

In the meanwhile, see what we can scrounge up in the way of arms for the proper equipping of the Guard. Obviously we should charge the Munitorum for the renting of said arms if it becomes necessary. They'll need to train with the right equipment before they reach the battlefield.

I'm going to need a map of the battlefield as soon as possible.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Here is my basic plan for the battle given what we know now.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Okay we're definitely gonna need some flyers then.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LowellDND posted:

The Munitorum swears the Nallani choppers will arrive on time.

Sure, sure, but I mean for our mercenaries. More specifically for our mercenary strike battalion.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LowellDND posted:

They are actually the best equipped at the moment. The Lord-Sire has about 2 divisions of mercenaries he uses for various things, although they don't play well with others. Think of them as ... thirty odd battalions with their own traditions, officers, and gear. The Widowmaker had spent some time cultivating them all, but he met a bad end.

If the Guard had their gear, it would be better, but for right now, the mercs have the highest concentration of choppers, hovercraft, walkers, and treaded vehicles. (At least in this area. You could try to connect with another Guard unit to the north or west maybe).

Oh we should absolutely be part of a larger force, on a flank if we can manage it. Let other guys take massive casualties, we'll be the ones giving them. As for our equipment, that's what I suspected. Would it be reasonable to call the mercenaries armored divisions?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Slaan posted:

We've already got the guys in Slaaneshi rave mode so let's be as heretical and troll tastic as possible by hooking them up with drugs that turn them literally blood thirsty? They will be more effective in combat and also pisses off two chaos gods. What's not to like?

We can also make a needlessly intricate plan, if you like.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Arcturas posted:

I'd be up for an XP vote, just because leveling up is nice. But maybe merge it into an action vote as well? so that it doesn't derail getting things done? I.e. do two votes at once?

Nah, our XP vote will determine where we should focus our actions.

Also would it be possible to work Limosa and convince him we're secretly aiming for the job of Magos instead of Rogue Trader? Some stuff about the magnificence of the ship and how it resembles the Omnissiah in his incarnation as a void-ship or something. Make us seem like less of a threat.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Oh, poo poo! GENESTEALERS!

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

D. A.

We've landed in loot. Grab a Chimera or command vehicle, start rallying troops who will listen. The penals are our Ogryns now, we'll have to grab armour weapons and turn the pilgrims into mechanized infantry. Take the river bank with armour, charging into emplaced weapons is not what we do best.

Let's find the food plant and settle that first.

Do this.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
1A.
We can't afford to get ambushed from behind and a minion is always useful. Perhaps one day he can lead our Skiitari forces.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Oh, and for those who don't know: Making the sign of the aquila means crossing your hands on your chest and linking your thumbs, so you have what looks like a 2 headed eagle with the thumbs as the heads and your fingers as the wings. Making the cogsign means partially curling your fingers on each hand then inserting one into the other like cog teeth, also across your chest. I have always liked that both are a real thing we can do with our hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
While Mother is existentially terrifying, we should get back to the vehicles and enact plan B. If we have to we can burn the place. Mother is, however, a potentially very useful tool - the ability to conceive of tools to develop tools is a sign of the Omnissiah's blessing, and we should not ignore it. If we can, take Mother with us when we leave the planet. She could be a powerful minion, if she can be controlled.