Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
I've read the entirety of the thread in about a week, and it's fantastic writing. I've really enjoyed it.

I also like that the poor choices made by goons wasn't retconned, although the webway subarc is pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
I say keep the armor on. We've had daemons, daemonhosts, hostile inquisitors (and we don't know they're all gone because they're like a cockroach infestation), riots, and all other sorts of nasty things on the ship alone. Oh, and we also have chaos space marines, whatever is causing the psykers to go more batshit insane than usual, and whatever is holding us back from the warp actively loving with us on the ship to deal with as well. Maybe consider it off in the future but taking it off now would be a poor choice. Like almost as bad as walking into the nuke choice.

We should also try to figure out what's up with the engines. But let's not just waltz up to the murder-servitors, we should ping our Magos friend to turn them off to make sure he hasn't put measures in to prevent people from turning off the servitors digitally.

And give Limosa back his poo poo
We have him by the balls at the moment and if things are going south this rapidly we need more manpower. But collar him with a fuckoff sanctified explosive to prevent possession in case a daemon decides to move into a nice comfy psyker (or is there anything that our Ordo Malleus skillset/knowledge can do to prevent hostile possession?)

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Anticheese posted:

Do servo-skulls have to be made out of skulls? Because that seems like a real production bottleneck.

Yes. :colbert:

We should make sure to keep the heads on our next purge. It sounds like parts of the ship are overdue.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Purge the ghouls, investigate the rest and shoot 1 out of 20 as an object lesson

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Who left the Family Home Video in the DVD player again

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

JT Jag posted:

This is possibly a long-term project, but we need to start establishing new power bases in the Deeps and Shallows, ones that the Drusians trust enough to hand power over to. Having a single faction in control of so much of the ship will gently caress us over eventually. 100%.

Also, let's start a rumor that Saint Fabiyan will return to the ship in its hour of need or whatever, so people don't freak out when he comes back.

This.

And, get the Null Rod

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
We could always go pirating and add the ships we catch to the hulk in a somewhat organized fashion. And it gets both our living troops experience and lots of new bodies for murder-servitors :black101:

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
If we yank Fabian out of his pod right after we finish, it'd be easy enough to tell the Drusians that he was there for the fighting and came at the hour of need. It's close enough time wise that they wouldn't know the difference.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

ElrondHubbard posted:

Long term, we might consider making our blank friend into a pariah style servitor. Keeping a weird guy around that everyone hates will diminish our reputation, but having a servitor that inspires fear and dread would be an asset.

Nulls are not just people without souls, but people whose souls are a black hole of absence in the warp (more like anti-souls).

We have always had our soul in our body, though at one point we diminished it by splitting it with our future self.

Fabiyan's current body is soulless and has no life in it. Not the same as being a blank.

Soulstones only suck up the souls of the dead / souls escaping from bodies, thus that wouldn't work to create blanks.

We do have a soul.

Huh, do servitors have souls? I mean it uses a brain with some awareness, but is it alive or dead and just animated? If we can make him into a massively armored murder servitor and keep the blankness, I'm all for it.

Edit: what about an arcoflagellant?

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Regarding the blank: Plan holy hamster ball .

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Agreed, get husbando.

Also- that shrine to the Architect? Burn that tucker down as soon as we finish. It's a name for our feathery friend Tzeench and while we might be tech heretics, I don't think we've gone that far yet.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
We at least have some idea on the orks

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Purge the xeno

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Tomn posted:

Man, you guys are being real purgy about xenos when we made extensive use of them to restore Fabiyan. You're willing to work with Eldicks but you can't spare a moment for a coupla Orks? Maaaaaan.

The ends justify the means, if we see the eldar again we should purge them too (away from Limosa since we know which way he leans)

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
See, this is why we need to make the whiner into a holy hamster ball

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
I don't think we should use it unless we absolutely have to, its an ace in the hole against him if we need it.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Can we pull them into an impromptu noosphere network of our own to get info? And take precautions to they can't hijack it or do damage to us of course.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
I guess my question was has it been disabled, or just not accepting connections. If it's the latter I was wondering if we could force open the connection.

Edit- can we look into maybe joining the segment of the inquisition that watches the mechanics? That might get us some extra access, and hide what we are trying to do with Athena...

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
I love that in the grim darkness of the far future, people still remember the Orion Project idea with fondness. :black101:

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Kill it, burn the bodies, loot the cool tech, space the ashes

When we hit Mars we can find a few mechanicus that are sympathetic to our brand of tech heresy to help us.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
baby's first trench

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

LowellDND posted:

Only if anyone knows he's still alive :ssh:

We used his hand- his own flesh and blood. While it wasn't his as in his current one, it was made of his DNA. No one said he had to be present in his entirely. Therefore, it's valid!

We could always claim that Saint Husbando raised him from the dead in secret before and he has been resting all this time as we knew he wasn't needed at that time.

Also, try to figure out what this drat darkness is.

Edit: we should spend our cash on weapons and gear. Our wealth is our might, so says our resident holy saint.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Drop Devries into the incinerator personally, and make sure his brain is nothing but a pile of ash. Then space it to be sure.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Tomn posted:

We ate a soulstone once to see what happened.

We were fine.

And it was delicious

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Best case is that this is Alpha Legion/ Our Favorite Feathery God fuckery and she believes. At minimum we should box and interrogate her, then possibly off her because she's been spreading this and we need to start cutting it out somewhere.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
I do think the all fleets in the imperium might be over reaching- not because it's not basically the holy grail, but because it doesn't do any good if all humanity has been killed. Some of the fleets are near Cadia and the eye, some you really need to hold off other major threats, as well as to guard Terra and Mars. I could see a third or half going though.

Edit: also, some of them may not be feasible because they won't get there for decades, well after Athena is up and running.

Dunno. Either way, this is a great story!

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Anticheese posted:

Including Snarls II. :colbert:

This

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
We're a Magos of the church of the machine, and becomes as cybernetic as they can to become closer to it. Why exactly, is what we're doing to the ship wrong? The ship is now a branch of the faith that makes most worlds look lax and a host to an army from Krieg- one that might actually become more human if you started adding cyborg bits.

All of this is due to xenotech, which Amatica knew about and continued to use. She also was insane and deluded from the start, if not an outright heretic. Remember the whole lets contaminate the food for the entire ship shenanigans?

We did nothing wrong, investigate further to see if we can figure out more because it might be useful to detect and to use ourselves if we can work out this erased from all the universe issue. Past that, this is what you get for using xenotech

Kinetica fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jul 13, 2015

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

TheParadigm posted:

I think we're all losing sight of this grand picture:

The eldar wanted US to find the artifact. They were mad plans got derailed by it getting into someone elses hands.

They've gone to a lot of bloody trouble to make sure we're in a power of position and authority at the right time to swing things towards what they want.

Pulling a disappearing act can't be all this artifact does. There has to be another side effect, function, or further effect down the line once this transformation completes. It just doesn't make sense that the eldar would want us to 'just disappear' AFTER getting all that power.

It has to do something else, because there are other ways of getting someone out of the picture.

Idle speculation on my part; given the similiarities to real-world psychic mythos, in that you need dangerous mind-altering drugs to maybe see a ghost of a person that may not even be there or not -
I would guess that this artifact is a means of ascending to a non-daemonic warp entity. A technological means of becoming a literal ghost, by becoming a not-daemon.

Given that this was a fate intended for us, it behooves us to learn as much about what's going on as possible in case we need an out later on down the road. Conversely, we don't want the transformation to finish either, since if it was intended for us and happens to someone else, that's gonna mess up future fate pretty badly.

so!

Save Amacita if possible. Investigate the artifact, attempt to reverse/disconnect whats happening, keep amacita alive as long as she's a scientific curiosity. Its cold, but until we understand what happened to her, she's more valuable alive.

Also, she's not wrong about us losing a heart. Now that we have our soul back, it wouldn't hurt to act like it. Imperial culture, community, church, shared history is one of its strongest suites. The beast needs to rebuild, so this is a perfect opportunity to make good on new found humanity. Not all citizens an go full robot, nor would we really want them to. We have just revamped the beast, now we need to rebuild the crew - that means happy, motivated, populous & trained. You don't get that by replacing it with a machine, you get that by putting thought into making people WANT to be on the Beast. Just because its coming from an Amacita does not make it bad advice.

Mind conditioning them would work too, then they're happy and aspire to be Kriegbots! The Living Saint and the Machine Magos want them to be happy and they said Kriegbots would do that, so it must be so!

Anyone who has any other thoughts please report to the Medicae deck for reconditioning.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Machines and mechanicus can most definitely become corrupted by chaos. The moment you think you can't is when a certain feathery God starts giggling madly.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Brain box her, simulate the questioning and a reality. Get her to talk that way so we can see the truth, and keep her sequestered that way. Maybe we can get her to talk about lost tech too

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Don't kill the kid, while she's a tad psychotic she's really good at killing things and that's always nice. She's also apparently good at surviving if she can do all that in the ship; considering the lifespan of inquisitor lackeys this is also a good thing. Finally, who expects a little girl to clean out a room when Mommy Ohone gets unhappy?

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

ElrondHubbard posted:

Yeah, let's get rid of the sleeper agents before Lowel decides to have some fun with them.

Well, there was a chance he hadn't thought of it!

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Voting Paragon

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Do everything to get the captains of the Navy ships prepared quietly without raising suspicion, and be ready to blast anything and anyone if need be. We didn't want this paradise world anyways.

And, B/A: keep the paranoia the same for the most part such as for everything public, but we could tone it down a little in private, like in the case of chilling on the beach with husbando

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Tomn posted:

An aside: "Blow everything up" is the most obvious solution to this potential Chaos/Psyker problem. Not only is it standard Imperial doctrine, it's also by and large the safest course.

The problem is that we're dealing with a Tzeentchy motherfucker here (or at least not Khorne), master of making the winning move the losing one. So here's a quick thought experiment for those more versed in the setting: How can Ab-Mom benefit from our sending the ship into the sun?

It's slannesh I think? But Mr. Clever Feathers is definitely around. If our thing with Athena doesn't work out, I bet he'd be pretty cool. :sun:

Also, we should also talk to the other ships mechanicus contingents, because if one of the Navy captains get uppity it's really hard to do it when your cogboys tell you to gently caress off. After all, they run all the technology.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Please ask our Astropathic Choir to politely send put the following message with Inquisitorial Authority to all ships in Orbit
:derp: :derp: :derp:

ALL SHIPS FIRE UPON THE FILTHY LUCRE <give coords> IT MUST NOT ESCAPE TO SPREAD IT'S VILE HERESY ANYWHERE ELSE.

:derp: :derp: :derp:

This works too. I mean, once you start flashing the rosette, everyone is going to start falling over themselves to obey especially if we say it's a demon and rogue psyker nest. It may not kill them as the might be planetside, but it removes one method they could use to escape. And, maybe we'll get lucky and kill one or both on it.

Family movie night is ours, and ours alone :colbert:

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
PlanTran, but have the Navy :siren: keep the planet killers read to fire. :siren:

God knows we don't want that thing running around, if it even looks like it might possibly get loose, wipe the planet to be sure.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Kill the catgirls off, just so we don't have to listen to this stupid argument every other page. Or, just don't even write them in period and call it a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

ElrondHubbard posted:

I was surprised we survived this long being a straight up heretic without falling into Black Crusade, but then I remembered we were an Inquisitor.

They don't have to be mutually exclusive!