Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012
Just marathon read the whole thread and wanted to say I enjoyed reading all of it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

What'd you think of the fate point revival of ourselves and Husbando? It seems like thread readership got cut by a third after that.

On one hand, sometimes dying to blatant traps is how these stories go and I'd have totally been okay with that ending to things; it kinda fit narratively that the brightest rising star of the Imperium gets crushed by their own hubris. On the other hand, the revival was handled really well. Like seeding that Eldar-you video earlier opened up room for a closed loop to solve things, the alterations to Ohone's behavior afterwards and the justifications for them, even DeVries and the dwarf getting a vital role to play, you'd almost have thought it had been planned that way from the beginning if not for the comments inbetween.

So I'm totally okay with it happening, but I suppose I also have the benefit of being able to read everything in one go and not fear that things would be handled poorly.

LowellDND posted:

Welcome! Good to have you! :D

Thanks! I hope your Nurgle cursed pipes get exorcised!

Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012

paragon1 posted:

be cagey I think Athena might be the only authority figure in the galaxy who would award full honesty with anything besides murder.

Not just about this, but like, in general.

this gets my vote too

Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012
Just watching the thread implode as consequences rear their heads is amazingly entertaining.

Everything is fiiiiiine.

Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012

LowellDND posted:

Anna has mentioned that to Huron :v:

Waci posted:

Everything is fiiiineeeeee.
^
The mantra for this CYOA — if we repeat it enough it may even come true!

Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012
I can't wait to see the in universe fallout from killing Amacita.

Everything is fiiiine, our death boat can totally perfectly and smoothly run with uh.

whoever we haven't killed and can put in charge and has not fled to safer ships

edit: vote on the last page

LowellDND posted:

Technically we didn't promote him :v:

But moderate power players who still survive include:

The small council
Limosa/Edourd
Heirophant Isaac
Young Henderson (preacher, learned under erasmus, connection)
Colonel Wolfgang (officer and gentleman)
Katarina Ehrnrooth sister famulous (bene gesserit)
Colonel Astri
Eleonora
Luckas

Outer Circle
Caroline the Sage
The Dwarf
Ching Shih
Athena
Jeb

Other Tribunes
Little Sire
Adelaide
Raul Oxenforth

edit: So, who we purging? :v:

Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012
This thread will never be free of the guilt of murdering Amactia; the constant war between "it was necessary" and "we could have handled it better".

Poor Ohone must be seething with self-loathing and self-justification.

Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012

Slaan posted:

Sure, it happens all the time behind closed doors. But if somebody called President Obama "Senator Obama" and willfully changed his orders 2 years into his Presidency, or refused to follow the chain of command in a warzone, then that person is either incredibly incompetent or deliberately disobeying. Either way, in the 40k Universe, they have to go before another bloody Chaos incursion happens because of their stupidity.

That particular metaphor doesn't quite work, since I have no doubt people would very much call out the president if he flew off to the Philippines for a few months and didn't explain why, and told the US to just hold down the fort in the meantime. Obama doesn't also frequently disappear for months or years with little-to-no contact, or nor does Obama ignore most of his responsibilities in favor of pursuing enigmatic goals unexplained to his cabinet.

Which is why we made that resolve to try and actually explain ourselves more, right? So that that sort of thing doesn't happen again.

Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012
This unwinding period is :3:

Also, Plan JT Jag.

Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

Do I really need to vote don't throw a tantrum?

Also, we haven't disproved the idea that Devries is controlled by an AI who uses clones as meat puppets.

yes you do
no murdering deVries just because pls

Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012

poor life choice posted:

As a reader I like logging in indefinitely and seeing posts but if you have a (90k word, yes, good) finale then let it rip IMO.

You either die in the goldmine or live long enough to get gassed.

e: you may want to cruise the Creative Convention. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3676759 and http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639693 jumped out at me,

This definitely. If you've got it in you for more writing, then I'd love to read the most extra possible content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012
im calling in my lurking card in order to vote for Team Mars.