Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
Academics
INT
Picture 3

Edit: She has a ruler that she raps on tables (and/or knuckles) when displeased.

mepstein73 fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
H) Tech Priest, because in the blur between metal and flesh, Memnarch found madness.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Team Loyal Techno Priest

Copyist, and No tainted blood

mepstein73 fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Aug 22, 2014

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

E. Oh gods E. hahaha

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

C seems interesting.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

C; Now this is pod racing!

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Sogol posted:

If we can get something resembling something undead as a servitor we could name it "Carrion Luggage".

Yes. Yes we can.

I honestly like the idea of D better, but will still be pleased if C wins the day. If it does, I want to have two of them on mechafeet (with some jump jets added on as well) with us riding in a floating chariot behind, driving them onwards with a living mechanical whip.

...Ah, screw it, let's go all-in. C you at the finish line!

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

B. Go dog, go!

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

B, because it's always good to get a refresher on such things.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Hearts, livers and tongues? Sounds like whoever killed these people was in need of iron. Perhaps they are deficient and need it badly enough that they are talking it by force. Perhaps they have Porphyria?

Also, C for survival, since they're messing with our coms. That could lead to us getting in trouble with no way out later.

mepstein73 fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Sep 28, 2014

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

C, and be stern. Woodhouse shouldn't be imbibing in whatever is slurring his speech and making him space out. It is an affront to the Imperium.

Good writing, by the by.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

B-4. Although we do need to start getting primped and polished for the party, I would like to know a bit more about side effects of the drug. Perhaps it's linked to the interestingly absent organs from before; maybe they're either using the organs to produce the drug, or removing evidence OF the drug from the bodies once they're dead.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

B, because she's getting the food and supplies from SOMEWHERE, and that could be a link to the chemical trail; drug money used to fund the fattening up of Dregs to make an army that serves ???, perhaps.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

MaliciousOnion posted:

This is the greatest heresy.

Not nearly as great as the Zumba Cult.

Also, D is for Damnation, which the cultists are working towards.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

C

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Deadmeat5150 posted:

We need to turn ourselves into a Chem lab

Agreed.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

C1. Get both analyzed.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

D is for Dune references.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Since our cat fell in the vat, do we now need to purge it?

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Yes, D, AI Kit

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Yes, to a point. We should try to save her, but if worse comes to worse, how much do kitteh parts go for?

Colchite Servo Master sounds awesome, as it both fits with our AI-binding flavor, and a servitor is less conspicuous than the almighty, well-respected, easily recognizable tech priest that is us if we need to infiltrate somewhere. No one questions the help being there.

Edit: Also, if we go this route, we should possess the cat before we dissect, just to see if there's any useful info we can gather from her altered state.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

LowellDND posted:

Will we dissect our chemical cat?
Yes x x x x x, x x x x x, x x x x x, x x
No x x x x x, x x x x

What shall we level up in?
Engineer- x x x x x, x x x x
Servo Master - x x x x x, x x x
Emissary - x x x x x, x x x x
Sectutor - x

Looks like the cat will probably be getting the chop, but the class argument is still neck and neck (and neck).

Edit: Imma do some take home finals for a bit, then see where we are at.

And the cat's neck!

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

200 Forbidden Lore (Xenos)
100 Charm
100 Deceive
100 Medicae

Being charming can get a gal of our standing places; wink and a gear-filled smile, right?

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Rally the tribes. While Amacita is likely tainted, I think the 'shoot her now' option is a bad one. Keep her alive, possibly captive and sedated in our lab as a backup information source. I also like her as a character, and don't want to see her die. Also, since this xeno is weak to psykers, should we call in a psyker for backup?

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

LowellDND posted:

While I am enthusiastic about rolling more deception checks, do you want to take the time to do this right now? If her info is true, Abraxus is plotting a rather big attack on the nutrient center.

We wait to do this until we get back. Get the peeps at the food center aware of this guy, also; flash his picture around.

Edit: Actually, when this is all done and we hopefully cure Amacita, could we get her a job in the nutrient center? It seems like something she's good at and passionate about, and as long as she doesn't add any xeno-stuff, she'd probably be able to do some good there.

mepstein73 fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 10, 2014

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

FireSight posted:

Even if she is mutated, she is safe as long as she is in proximity of the psychic immunity artifact. Remember, the Xenos alters people to be more vulnerable to PSYCHIC influence as part of the mutations, and relies on that to draw people into the arms of the Enemy. We don't need to kill her, we just need to make sure she cannot leave the proximity of the artifact until the xenos is dealt with.

This. I want Amacita to live, as she gives me hope for humanity once we win the war (because we'll totally win this millenia-old war during this fic, right? right?). Also, do we know if Psyker-like xenos can control Servitors? Or is there just enough brain in there to act, but not enough to be controlled? I don't want to fight Megabyte. We've lost one friend already today... RIP Flours

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

"The screaming of the holy hymns were overwhelming, primal, and you felt a thrill of exhilaration as your convoy moved forward, towards the fore of the ship. This was like the races of your youth, except five or ten times as many people, all bent to your will."

One of the best passages I've seen in a while for mood-setting.

Also, Operation: my dad's Plan is a go from this end!

Edit: The reason I back this plan is twofold. While the Xeno will likely be at the Battle for the Tanks;, and defeating it may end up freeing the invaders from its control, (thus requiring more of the forces here with us to ensure its extermination), on the other hand if the Tribes know that the villages are being destroyed, that will lower their morale, and make them less useful overall in a fight. So this is probably the best compromise we'll get at this point.

mepstein73 fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 11, 2014

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

On a totally unrelated note (hence the new post), I want to see what we're naming Flours' replacement. While no cat can truly replace our former companion, I feel that this new battle-hardened clawbeast will do well at our side.

My vote is for "Scorch", as she's already got a few radiation burns and whatnot.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Chantilly Say posted:

One vote for Plan: Ultraviolet Disco Grenade

Oh baby yes to this.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

C because we should get a better lay of the land. Is there any useful terrain that we can see relating to the food storage facility? Big overhead pipes that we could flood the battlefield with if needed, trenches or side tunnels we could use to skirt the battle, etc?

Edit: Missed the pipes. Good to know I was on the right track with that thinking though! Also, any security feeds we can use to track the guy Amacita told us about's movements?

mepstein73 fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Dec 12, 2014

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

I say while we wait we should check the camera feeds.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

I like Sogol's plan as well, but we really need to be scanning the security feeds for either a xeno or what's-his-name. I'd even suggest spending a fate point on this roll, since we can't take more than a few minutes, but need to get an idea of who's in what tunnel with whom before advancing when the attack/imperceptible light show starts. Speaking of which, don't warn the Sisters about the lights, just in case one of them's in on the conspiracy.

Oh, and... Didn't someone kill the [static] dude already...?

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

drat. Was hoping the [static] wouldn't reach inside the facility. On the bright side, we've learned that it's likely the same demonthing, so I think unless we call in reinforcements now, we could have problems. If there's a xeno AND a demon in the same room, we're gonna have a bad day.

I would suggest D, because that may give us two things: first, chemical weapon options, possibly (we can probably whip together some crude stuff from what's in there). Second, it's a likely place for the xeno to be prepping its mind-control mix for adding to the soup, since there's ample equipment and catalysts probably that it may want.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

B, but try to pump more information out of Abraxus first while we wait on Omega. Maybe the location or lair of the Xeno, if we can stay sane long enough. (I KNEW we should've put more into Deceive...)

Also, if we can survive this with a modicum of composure, and any of our allies survive to tell the tale, we literally become legend amongst the tribes and the ship at large. Our meteoric rise through the ranks will be assured, and we won't be a demon thrall when we do become Lord Sire.

We will be a bastion of the Omnissiah here in the dark. Have faith in the God Emperor, and victory is assured.

Ch-chk

Let's blow this Popsicle stand, I say.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

...Okay, just had a cool idea based on my last post's finish. We literally blow the Popsicle stand.

Slaanesh is about overindulgence and excess, right? It'd make sense that the cultists and servants of Slaanesh would love a good feast, especially an extravagant one. Say, if we blow open one of the tanks behind it marked "SWEETENER". A flood-o'-fructose would not only damage the false servitors and possibly the demon, but it serves a cool debilitating purpose too: they get all sticky and gummed up weapons, and may even turn to eating the sugary stuff to satiate their inherent need to indulge. It's like waving a bloody chunk of meat in the water in front of a shark. Instinct will overcome that cool golden facade if we tempt the demon within enough.

So yeah. Keeping my vote as B, attack, but specifically with the next post being called, Sticky Sweet Desires.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

D-2

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

A

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Hey there everyone,

Just wanted to say that it's been a true pleasure working with you all these past few months on the story of Ohone. We've raced Servitors, fought xenos, stood up to demons, dissected cats, and thwarted many insidious plots, all through the powers of voting on the narrative. As we're nearing the end of this climactic battle, I want to say that, win or lose, we've told an awesome story with the help of our dedicated OP and narrator LowellDND at the helm. I recently looked at the locations listed in some of this thread's posters' public profiles, and we've had people all around the world commenting and voting on this CYOA. I for one think that's pretty cool, and I'm sure LowellDND would as well.

In any case, just wanted to say thank you to all parties involved in making this thread the best it can be. It inspires me to do better in my own storytelling and creative work, and I'm super glad to see people getting into Dark Heresy/40K lore, novels, and the RPG because of it, especially if they hadn't known much about the game before.

Onwards to 2015! All glory to the Emperor!

-mepstein73

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

B2. I'm sentimental, and love the Hollywood ending. Kick the body into the chemicals after we cut off the head to be sure, by the way.

Also, fully in support of toxiclaws.