Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Another lurker who loves the thread here. Been following it for a few weeks now. I don't really know anything about warhammmer, so I've been a little hesitant to vote when I don't fully understand the setting, but is been a totally awesome read so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

B

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

C Lets get the Magos's quest wrapped up next

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

No wacky stuff

Rahul fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 25, 2015

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Changed my mind: elope.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Sogol posted:

I am so confused. I swear I read every post. Some a couple of times to try to make sense.

Can someone briefly explain:

- how exactly did the Lord-Sire die? Did I miss the details somewhere during the day?

- why are we getting funeral married? I mean it has appeal and all, but I don't quite get it. Is it something that requires no reason other than that we can do it so let's do it? Or is it a defensive move so we have someone here while we are being tortured entertained by the inquisition?

#1 We don't know the details yet. It was pretty obvious from our last chat with him that he knew it was coming, though.

#2 We are not going to have access to our power base while we are under arrest, leaving Devries to essentially run around unopposed. Making Fabyian a family member gives us some backup, and also should prevent Devries from becoming Lord-Sire by default if any shenanigans occur with us.

e;fb

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

One question, does Ohone have any clue where Devries has been building his power base? Between us and Limosa I thought we had the bulk of the factions in the ship behind one of us. What sort of groups would be likely to throw their lot in with a guy like him?

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

plan Tran

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

B

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

RandomPauI posted:

Can we explain to Athena that we are currently engaged in a mockery of a tribunal, the results of which will determine if we live or die?

I wonder how much she already knows about this, actually. I've got a feeling that she's already aware of this, and has a solution in mind that may or may not involve putting that vortex grenade to good use...

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Slaan posted:

Playing politics and backstabbing is usually really fun. But I'm completely lost as to what is going on here, because there are too many factions of inquisitors to keep straight who is who and what they like and why they are for/against us. So I've been sitting back in this arc because I'm :confused:

This is pretty much where I'm at. I'm enjoying reading this arc, but I do feel a little too out of my depth to be making any decisions. I've done a little background reading on some of the Warhammer wikis, but I'm still pretty much a newcomer to this universe, and have felt more comfortable sitting back and letting some of the people who (kind of?) know whats going on guide our course instead.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Arkanomen posted:

Oh, I misread in what context we were purging. Thought we were still in politics mode. My bad, nevermind. Purge them all then go shopping with our hubby.

Yeah, going with this

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

my dad posted:

Leave. Send a disposable squad to retrieve the life signs - alive if possible

Yeah. Something seems really ...off here.

edit: Voting Leave

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Arrgg god drat it I can't believe we just did that. Part of me really wants a retcon, but we earned this. No backsies.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

If there's any silver lining to this mess, I'm loving how Lowell is writing Ohone now, as if the blast consumed her last vestiges of humanity. I really want keep seeing how this effects her.
I think a mini arc to undo some of the damage would cheapen the whole thing somehow, even if it comes at a cost.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Kegslayer posted:

Voting for gently caress you, mom

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I think Ohone at the moment has so much pain and guilt and rage bottled up inside her that she's going to lash out at anyone and everyone she can right now. Maybe Mom will be able to talk her down in an update or two, but I can't see Ohone letting down her guard for anyone at this point without first unleashing some of her fury.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Yeah, I don't care what happens to him, so long as involves somewhere between a lifetime and an eternity's worth of torment.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I wasn't too sure about this arc because to me it seemed like a bit of a cop out if we could get everything back that we lost. At this point though, I've got faith in Lowell’s writing, and I'm sure it's going to be interesting, and it isn't going to come without a cost, either.

Since apparently there's also precedent for weird time-travel shenanigans in the setting, I'm going to vote go for it.
Logically, people have a point that doing it after Titan would probably be most sensible, but Ohone doesn't seem to be in a particularly rational frame of mind at the moment. We do it now.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

One question I do have, if we start loving with time, and manage to rescue Husbando, is there any chance that it could render Devries uncaptured also? Because I definitely don't want to give that fucker any more chances.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

dwarf

I'm already starting to have second thoughts about this whole webway thing. I really want to take ghost-Skade's advice. However, I will settle for not taking our mortal enemy to a place where anything can happen and we may need to rely on him

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

If we are going to bring Devries can we at least rig up some kind of a killswitch on him so that we can destroy him at a moments notice if we need to?

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

If he leave him be, the kill switch should activate and destroy him in 6 hours, right? It's also pretty much impossible for anyone else to deactivate it, so we should be safe.

...Or is the Warp weird enough that all bets are off even with all our paranoid safeguards we installed into devries?

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Yeah, I'm really not sure what the hell we're trying to do anymore. Is there any particular reason we seem to be going out of our way to resurrect all of our rivals? How is bringing Limosa back from a dead a good thing for us?

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

JT Jag posted:

Sigh, mumble "loving Eldar", and say something about how you might as well, because this has probably already happened anyway.

+1

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

sniper4625 posted:

I know it might be a radical idea but lets maybe listen to our guide for once instead of getting murdered by Harlequins.

I support this radical and unorthodox plan.

+1

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Hang on a sec, Ohone is on the list. Does that mean that if we were to back out now, and save our fate point, we would end up dying in the explosion?

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Husband, Tanya, Skade, Sincera

How screwed are we gonna be by losing 3 fate points? Isn't that all we have?

Rahul fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jun 14, 2015

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Yeah, looking at the costs involved changing vote to just Husband

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

At this point, it's too early to tell. If it is Amacita though, then she needs to be dealt with big time. For someone who more or less seems to be an idiot, she seems to have a remarkable ability to create large messes that we've always got to clean up. It's really getting difficult to believe that she is really naive as she appears.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Oasx posted:

Kill the Orcs

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Numeron posted:

Ignore greeting, shoot in face.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Kill the Magos

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Put her in the Attic

edit: I don't suppose by any chance this is the "you can stop her here" thing, is it?

Rahul fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jul 3, 2015

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

If she had substantive proof, then why the hell hasn't she opened with it, instead of a whole bunch of :tinfoil: ranting? Give her one last chance to get to the point quickly, with actual evidence, or she gets boxed.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

remorse + experiments.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Could we really be really be considered part Xeno due to this? I mean, she's as far back in our family tree as an early neolithic human is to us. Any Eldar genes have to be watered down to practically homeopathic levels by this point. Is that enough to still count?

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I like how everyone has put a lot of thought into thinking of neat ways to improve the space marines and make them better and less likely to fall to chaos. I can't wait for Lowell to take these traits and find ways for them to go horribly wrong and for us to have created an alternate reality far more terrible than the even the current one...

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Is the grotesque still alive? If he's around shouldn't he be a good test as to whether we're in the warp or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Tran posted:

"During the warp incursion I was subjected to daemonic possession. The saint banished the loathsome thing, but it left something behind. If at all possible, I'd like it removed. Is that agreeable?"

mepstein73 posted:

This. Also, I have an important question for Kozilek: "Why me?" Who brought us to his attention? What reason did he have for making us an acolyte in the first place?

This too.

Rahul fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 14, 2015