Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Crunk Abortion posted:

I'm a bartender. I work at a 4 diamond resort, and I am only paid $4.50 an hour by the house. I'm the son of a bitch who has to handle you and your takeout order. When you place that order, I have to walk out of my bar, away from my paying customers, and go expo and package your food myself. In contrast, the people sitting at the bar? Kitchen staff plate their food and deliver it. So it's significantly more work for me to prepare a takeout order than it would be if you dined inside the restaurant.

Fun fact: To compensate for undeclared cash tips, my employer calculates my income taxes based on 15% of food sales, including takeout, rather than basing it on the tips I declare. So when you stiff me on a takeout order, I still have to pay income tax on the tip you didn't leave me. You're literally making me pay for the privilege of getting stiffed by you. This practice is blatantly illegal and immoral, and there is nothing anyone can do about it because a pissant food and beverage worker has no leverage to negotiate with a multi-national company who pulls in $500 million a year, especially when you have mandatory binding arbitration written into your employment contract.

If you can't afford to leave a tip, you can't afford to eat at a restaurant, and you need to take your broke, cheap rear end to a grocery store, food pantry, or soup kitchen, whichever fits your scenario. What you don't need to do is go and pick the loving pocket of someone who's busting their rear end to take care of you and feed you. I go out of my way to do great work, but I have my limits. If you stiff people on takeout orders, you're a subhuman piece of bipedal refuse, and you should make like the genie and kill yourself ASAP.

I don't think your rant applies to when I run in and grab some egg rolls or something from my local chinese place. Those people are typically just running the register.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

I don't think your rant applies to when I run in and grab some egg rolls or something from my local chinese place. Those people are typically just running the register.

I can't believe I posted in a loving gbs tipping thread what the gently caress is wrong with me

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

bigzak posted:

lol at the GED restaurant worker making 4.50 an hour calling other people poor

also lol at his hard work of putting styrofoam boxes into a bag. such invaluable service

• Locked thread