Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
f0rce
Aug 26, 2007
<^.^>
If I get a large takeout order I like to throw ~5-10% just because people rarely tip for takeout. Even though its just a few bucks they are much more likely to remember you and make sure your order is correct, prepared quickly, and properly packaged. For a restaurant that does mostly sit down dining, takeout orders are considered a pain by the staff. If they are busy its understandable that your takeout order is not their top priority when they have a room full of hungry impatient dinners. A little bit goes a long way.

I should also add that it is common for servers to be taxed and required to tip out on their total sales, not their actual tips. If you place a $100 takeout order they may have to tip out ~$6 on that order plus a few $ for taxes. Its understandable you may not want to tip on a takeout, but its unfair to COST someone money to prepare your takeout.

f0rce fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread