Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!
So Imperial Assault looks like basically a Star Wars take on something like Space Hulk? I can get behind this. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

zVxTeflon posted:

Are those expansions gonna be $15 each for 1 figure or whatever like X-wing? Ill prob skip it then.

I really hope that since the minis are unpainted they're a little closer to $9.99 or so.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Han $9.95
Chewbacca $9.95
Royal Guard Campion $9.95
IG-88 $9.95
General Weiss (can also be a regular AT-ST) $19.99
Rebel Troopers $14.95
Reble Saboteurs $12.95

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

alg posted:

Han $9.95
Chewbacca $9.95
IG-88 $9.95
Rebel Troopers $14.95
Reble Saboteurs $12.95

If that is for real I am totally screwed. I don't even know if any of my friends are going to play with me and I'll still be buying a bunch.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
So to my understanding ImpAssault comes with 34 figures, but are all generic troops, all of the named characters have counters to represent them, the point of getting the figure expansions is to replace the named character counters with figures. I have everyone of the character / monster expansions for Descent 2e, and the content that comes with them is great. No reason for me not to get them all for ImpAssault either. I dont think we have had any info on the Skirmish game, but I bet it will be grid based like StarWars Minis was, just using these tiles and dice system.

Im loving the look of this prduct, but I wish it used the dice system from FFG SWRP.

edit: if you read the expansions write up, its more than just a figure and scenario, it also comes with command cards and equipment cards similar to wave expansions in X-Wing.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 14, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

alg posted:

Han $9.95
Chewbacca $9.95
IG-88 $9.95
Rebel Troopers $14.95
Reble Saboteurs $12.95

I'd be perfectly okay with these price points. I mean, I'm a completionist. I'm gonna get them all anyway (provided I enjoy the base game at least a little bit), but I'm glad they aren't charging X-Wing dollars for lower quality minis.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Plus if those prices are MSRP, you should be able to grab them for $7-8 at CSI or MM.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Thanks for miniature market.com That poo poo is going to make me go broke :(

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
hahaha Yeah. I am torn now about wanting it to be bad so I can save my $$ or...for it to be great so I can :homebrew:

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

I am so stoked for Armada, do FFG do any kind of release events for their games?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

So Imperial Assault is on the boat? Dang. A lot earlier than I thought. Gonna be hard to wait to ask for it for Christmas :/

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I might pick up ImpAss, if only as a nice occasional board game.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Looks like Pricing rumors on ImpAss are wrong, my distributor just sent an update for preorders.

ImpAss $99.59
Dice Pack $11.95
General Weiss $19.95
Single Figures-
Royal Guard
IG-88
Han Solo
Chewbacca $9.95
Rebel Toppers $14.95
Rebel Saboteurs $12.95

The prices arent bad I dont think, and with the usual online discounts you all should be able to get it around the rumored prices.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

alg posted:

So Imperial Assault is on the boat? Dang. A lot earlier than I thought. Gonna be hard to wait to ask for it for Christmas :/

Woah! So did the release get moved up then?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

LumberingTroll posted:

Looks like Pricing rumors on ImpAss are wrong, my distributor just sent an update for preorders.

ImpAss $99.59
Dice Pack $11.95
General Weiss $19.95
Single Figures-
Royal Guard
IG-88
Han Solo
Chewbacca $9.95
Rebel Toppers $14.95
Rebel Saboteurs $12.95

The prices arent bad I dont think, and with the usual online discounts you all should be able to get it around the rumored prices.

This is on this page already, and the FFG site

ChiTownEddie posted:

Woah! So did the release get moved up then?

Yeah, it must have. Used to say 2015.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
So is the game going to be functionally different from Descent: Second edition in any major ways aside from star wars and selling tons of expansions?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

So is the game going to be functionally different from Descent: Second edition in any major ways aside from star wars and selling tons of expansions?

The tacked on Skirmish battle mode that we don't really know anything about is the only thing that comes to mind

alg
Mar 14, 2007

ImpAss was sold at Essen

http://imgur.com/a/aJyNw
http://imgur.com/a/uB0ig
http://imgur.com/a/btCl3
http://imgur.com/a/70Lll

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

alg posted:

ImpAss was sold at Essen

Those minis don't look so super great...

Also ImpAss :laugh:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Those minis look pretty good to me, pretty much Descent quality. Not bad at all for the price.

e: That'd be rad if they put a campaign in where you got to play as Imperials :3:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

S.J. posted:

Those minis look pretty good to me, pretty much Descent quality. Not bad at all for the price.

e: That'd be rad if they put a campaign in where you got to play as Imperials :3:

I'm probably just spoiled coming from war gaming. But for board game components and the price I guess you are right.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

No Mon Calamari? How disappointing.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

ImpAss rulebooks are up: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=271&esem=4

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Im kinda supprised, their scale is a little better that I thought they would be, seems pretty close to actuall 28mm where the Descent guys were all a but small.

Im going to sub almost all of them for my WotC star wars minis thoguh, no painting needed :D

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a45N70fgcvU

Bri'ish dude reviewing the game

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Another first look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQKGJPHtBDE

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

alg posted:

Another first look

Eh Tom Vassel no thanks... The previous video was pretty good though.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
According to this new news post on FFG's site the Empire vs Rebellion card game is now officially available! I've really been looking forward to this one after hearing the reports from GenCon...I hope I can get my wife into this one better than the LCG.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

StuG Jeebus posted:

No Mon Calamari? How disappointing.

Not yet. Just look at what they did with x-wing. My guess is depending on how successful the game is, they'll roll out tons of expansions

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Interview with an Impass dev

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8e98czI918

nahanahs
Mar 26, 2003

<3 Shantastic <3
Wave 1 info from FFG

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I really dislike the look of that Assault Frigate. It just looks kind of blobby :(

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Tekopo posted:

I really dislike the look of that Assault Frigate. It just looks kind of blobby :(

It looks the way it is supposed to. But that kind of speaks to the blah ships they chose to use.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Tekopo posted:

Worst of all, it's from Empire at War.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

alg posted:

It looks the way it is supposed to. But that kind of speaks to the blah ships they chose to use.
The VSD still looks awesome though.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
The fighters actually look like a really neat concept and :drat: I'd like a Gladiator.

smashthedean
Jul 10, 2006

Don't let dogs get any part of fish.

Madurai posted:

Worst of all, it's from Empire at War.

I'm pretty sure it's older than that, I remember one in the old Star Wars Rebellion game. I agree it's a weird looking ship, but I like the look of it for Rebels. They'll take what they can get!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

It looks an awful lot like a Kilrathi cruiser… :(

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."
I also prefer the pre-Empire at War design for the Assault Frigate. I mean, for the love of the Force, at least make it look like it used to be a Dreadnaught!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I loving love the neckbeard tears on FFG and BGG forums about some supposed dockworker strike at the port of LA slowing down Imperial Assault