Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
I'm confused, if this is the only offer you've gotten in months, what're are you going to do after rejecting it? Don't you, like, need money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

GILF Hunter posted:

... If my studies have taken me down a path of technical analysis, but I'm being hired to stand in the road with a GPS unit, yes, I would say that's beneath me. It would essentially put all of my graduate-level studies to little or no use. This was not revealed until the interview. There's a reason why the position only required an AA. You can teach any shmuck to stand around in the road, push a button, and then plug a thingy into a computer to make it all pop up on a computer screen. Would go to school to study chocolate teapot analysis, but then go work at Walmart just because they sell chocolate teapots?
Fair point right now, although if you're unable to find more suitable employment within the next few months it'd probably be a better idea to just take what you can get and then keep looking.

quote:

Don't be so quick to judge.
Well, you are planning on rejecting a decent paying job so that instead your parents can pay for all of your stuff at age 31.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

GILF Hunter posted:

But I must ask, were you as miserable in that singlewide as you are now?
There you go with your obsession with other people's happiness. News flash: just because someone thinks you're an idiot or a douche doesn't mean they're desperately unhappy. :ssh: It honestly sounds like you're projecting.

You come across as a brittle, entitled brat, especially with your bizarre :argh: YOU DON'T KNOW ME!! :emo: complex.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

GILF Hunter posted:

This is how some of these posts should have been worded.

GILF Hunter posted:

News flash: If you're getting mad about something that impacts you in no way whatsoever, you're probably a pretty angry and unhappy person.
Right, because if someone criticizes you obviously they must just be seething at their keyboard, right? They're certainly not laughing at someone who is thirty one years old and still crying about blunt language on the internet.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

GILF Hunter posted:

I mean, you could be doing something else with your time other than getting all worked up about it and then posting about it on the internet.
You know what they say, laughter is the best medicine. :)

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

blah_blah posted:

Getting a masters' degree without any relevant offers of employment isn't 'turn[ing] your life around'.
Depends on how low the reference point is. You talk about your past kind of ominously, OP. Were you in prison for breaking peoples' kneecaps or something?

edit: there's also the possibility that he used to be gainfully employed, in which case he has in fact turned his life around :v:

But seriously, though I think turning down that job offer was boneheaded, I hope you're able to find something, so good luck.

Cicero fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Aug 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Bugamol posted:

Just going to leave this here in case OP hasn't seen it. This is you. You are goon in a well.
Well he took the job, so not anymore.

Good choice OP. Good luck in your sign-holding endeavors. :)

• Locked thread