Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

high levels of autism detected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

lonesomedwarf posted:

i usually say "no worries" or if they say "havea good day" i'll say "you too"

hard to handle
you loving bastard. you are required by common decency to reply to "thank you" with either "I love you" or murder the thanker

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

btw everyone itt who claims to respond to "thank you" with anything other than incomprehensible nerd mumblings is lying

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Republican Vampire posted:

The standard responses to thank you almost all share the same prosody, alternating between non-stressed and stressed syllables, opening on a non-stressed. This arguably creates the perlocutionary force that reciprocates the expression of thankfulness which IIRC typically opens on a stressed syllable.

So w/e.
augh gently caress you now that you point this out it sounds so stupid but I can't stop doing it that way

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Moola posted:

when people respond to "hi how are you?" With anything other than " not bad, you?" it's like, what the gently caress are you doing?! That's not how this works!
i always say great or good and don't ask how the other person is doing

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Moola posted:

no this is bad
yes but i'm an rear end in a top hat :mrgw:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

PuTTY riot posted:

I usually just say 'you too' but then I realize they said thanks and enjoy your meal but they're not actually eating a meal oops
you bastard next time you do this you must offer them the first bite so they may partake in your meal

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Trixie Hardcore posted:

The worst is when a stranger greets you with "Smile." or any variation on that. I just immediately start having murder fantasies about the person.
hm. i've never had anyone do this to me and I am glad for it

e: the "smile" thing I mean. I'm sure i've inspired a number of murder fantasies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

well any response to "thank you" is bad with that expression mister!! :colbert:

• Locked thread