Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Meh, who cares. Love thy goon and all that. If everyone was a saint this place would be poo poo. Also that doc is p tame by my standards hah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'm going to drag eccoraven's name through the mud any chance i get.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
If you want to see some real salt go read Dangerous Game and read the final day of that scum doc where mod-Lumpen and Ixt just go at each other's throat heh heh

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Just because it's tame by the standards of another game doesn't mean it will be dismissed by those annoyed with it.

I've got nothing else to add though. Been sitting on frustrations for awhile so Somber would have a chance.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Rascyc posted:

If you want to see some real salt go read Dangerous Game and read the final day of that scum doc where mod-Lumpen and Ixt just go at each other's throat heh heh

that is like, ultimate combination.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

that is like, ultimate combination.

oh god.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
FYI JakeP made me laugh out loud several times this game.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
Stupid phone posting on a train.

The awful sequel to Snakes On A Plane.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I told you guys that I absorbed night actions! :argh:

And I told you Somber was scum! :argh:

Ugh, I was really disappointed to get lynched so early in this game. It was such a fun role and I'm sad I couldn't get the most out of it. My plan was not to kill anyone until all the scum had been taken out. By then chances would have been that my role absorbtion would have been verified and I would have been considered close to confirmed town. And once all the scum were gone I would start up the NKs and everyone would just assume they still had another scum to catch.

Of course I was expecting only 4 scum so I doubt it would have worked out so easily.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Rarity posted:

I was afraid I was bussing him a too hard.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Rarity posted:

I told you guys that I absorbed night actions! :argh:

Ugh, I was really disappointed to get lynched so early in this game. It was such a fun role and I'm sad I couldn't get the most out of it. My plan was not to kill anyone until all the scum had been taken out. By then chances would have been that my role absorbtion would have been verified and I would have been considered close to confirmed town. And once all the scum were gone I would start up the NKs and everyone would just assume they still had another scum to catch.

Of course I was expecting only 4 scum so I doubt it would have worked out so easily.

Personally, the best use for an SK role is to off lurkers. It improves the game overall IMO.

I'm not sure how you approached the role or how much experience you have but I try to approach the SK role with a town mindset.

I've seen SKs lurk or otherwise become lazy. It's not an easy role to play well.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kilran posted:

Personally, the best use for an SK role is to off lurkers. It improves the game overall IMO.

I'm not sure how you approached the role or how much experience you have but I try to approach the SK role with a town mindset.

I've seen SKs lurk or otherwise become lazy. It's not an easy role to play well.

Yeah, if I'd just been a normal SK that's what I would have done. The extra PR made me change my strategy. I think it woulda been a decent plan if not for the traditional "Hey we can't agree on anything so let's just lynch Rarity" thing that happens in almost every game.

I just want to get to play at LYLO, I don't even care if I win :smith:

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
If it's any consolation, I genuinely thought you were scum :D

Also Wins: worst breadcrumb ever :P

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kilran posted:

If it's any consolation, I genuinely thought you were scum :D

Everyone always does :sigh:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This game looks way too serious, what happened to chill

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Met posted:

What made you decide you weren't fit for it? Was it confirming Winvirus as Town and making it one vote easier to lynch him as your way of fixing that mistake? Was it threatening to modkill the entirety of the Mafia for being pissed off about it? How about ACTUALLY modkilling a Mafia instead of replacing them like it looked like you were trying to do? How about chitchatting in your game thread? There's too many instances to link, but this one made implied Merk was town.

OH. But you didn't make any mistakes. It's everyone's fault but you're own. You're just babysitting a bunch of manchildren afterall, right?

(grievances are mostly on D3/N3 page)

Go gently caress yourself.

Yeah, closed the doc because it looked like there was some editing of previous conversations going on in there.

Hahahahah look Ecco may have made some modding mistakes and overreacted and poo poo but you're also a total cocksucker so please don't ever post again. I thought you were an arrogant piece of poo poo just because you were scum but nope apparently that's just your personality type

PS he confirmed wins, not winvirus. Maybe if you want to be a conceited jackass you should get your basic facts straight

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
As an unbiased 3rd party observer, I think we should all just chill. Both sides could have handled certain things better.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

winvirus posted:

Hahahahah look Ecco may have made some modding mistakes and overreacted and poo poo but you're also a total cocksucker so please don't ever post again. I thought you were an arrogant piece of poo poo just because you were scum but nope apparently that's just your personality type

Truth. Met, please don't play again unless your attitude is willing to change.

Met posted:

You are a sad, pathetic little man.

Met posted:

##vote Winvirus

Either you're a fuckwit or scum on a gambit.

Met posted:

and from what everyone says about you, I think it must make you feel like a big man to be able to finally say it about others.

Met posted:

I see two people constantly being shitheads and the rest being amicable.

and I mean constantly, across games I'm not even in.

Seek therapy.

:(

merk fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Sep 10, 2014

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

merk posted:

Truth. Met, please don't play again unless your attitude is willing to change
:(

I second this.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Rarity posted:

Everyone always does :sigh:

IMO find better words to use than 'awkward' and 'flailing'.

Everyone in Mafia posts awkwardly. It doesn't mean anything.

Similarly, flailing doesn't actually mean anything in context. Explain specifically what concerns you.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Everyone just take a breath and relax.

Let's watch a cartoon so we can calm down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH-rlFpl7-w

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

I had fun at least - I hope I was supposed to :ohdear:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

winvirus posted:

Maybe if you want to be a conceited jackass you should get your basic facts straight

merk posted:

Truth. Met, please don't play again unless your attitude is willing to change.

:ironicat:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I think telling people to not play because of a way they acted in ONE game is a little extreme.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I believe that no one should ever play Mafia.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Magnus Gallant posted:

I think telling people to not play because of a way they acted in ONE game is a little extreme.

Where is your big boy peeing avatar?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

kilran posted:

Where is your big boy peeing avatar?

I got potatoed so I had to get a new one. I forgot the name of the artist for my old avatar and so went with a gif from mestrefungo.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Somberbrero posted:

I believe that no one should ever play Mafia.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Oh wow I would've let the kill submitter and the killer have their kill the last night, I thought Somber gave the game away with that. Also, Somber did a good job for someone who's relatively new, but town lost that game more than scum won it after JakeP modkilled himself. Also, thanks for the acknowledgement Ecco!

Edit: Oh wait they executed the guy who was the kill submitter. What.

Ixtlilton fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 10, 2014

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ixtlilton posted:

Oh wow I would've let the kill submitter and the killer have their kill the last night, I thought Somber gave the game away with that. Also, Somber did a good job for someone who's relatively new, but town lost that game more than scum won it after JakeP modkilled himself. Also, thanks for the acknowledgement Ecco!

Edit: Oh wait they executed the guy who was the kill submitter. What.

Hence why I posted in the discussion thread wondering what happened since the game should have ended right then.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Somberbrero posted:

Hence why I posted in the discussion thread wondering what happened since the game should have ended right then.

Yeah, that makes sense now.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I wasn't around unfortunately to cuss talk JakeP off the ledge when he was threatening to replace/modkill. And then I got nightkilled.

Good job, Somber, pulling it off.

Ecco, take some time off and eat some bugs too.

Also, I think we can all agree at the end of the day, all of the animosity in this game was because of wins. what a piece of poo poo he is. (joke)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I would like to apologize to everyone, but especially to the scum for breaking the rules. Things have changed a lot since I first starting playing mafia here and it used to be much more common to post mason chatlogs as you can see traces of in the rules linked in the OP:

Standard Mafia Rules posted:

Note that typically this rule is relaxed when you are talking with players you may legally communicate with OOT; masons may often share their own role PMs with each other, for instance, or have the ability to post logs of their conversations in-thread. Please check with your mod at the start of the game for what is acceptable to him or her.

I certainly should have cleared it with Ecco first, but since I'd seen it done in previous games of his I figured it was no big deal. Admittedly, a gdoc has more features than a mason text log, but I didn't really see much of a distinction at the time.

Regardless, I liked the setup, I liked the players and Somb played a hell of a game and earned the win for sure.

• Locked thread