Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Rarity posted:

Why? You realise this is jokephase, right?

So if I joke claim SK and vote myself, will people not think I'm SK two days later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Met posted:

So if I joke claim SK and vote myself, will people not think I'm SK two days later?

That'd be a pretty dumb joke, though.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Rarity posted:

I think the rush of votes on Meinberg are scummy but I think the weakest vote is this one:

I feel like kilran's over-explaining in an attempt to justify jumping on a jokey bandwagon when it wasn't really necessary and he's using a general weak point of Meinberg to do it.

##unvote

##vote kilran

:uggh:

That's quite a failure to read there. You were obviously in such a rush to vote me, you scum-skimmed.

For you see, mine was the first vote on Meinberg.

So 1. I can't possibly have been bandwagoning anyone and 2. how can I over-explain my vote when no one else had voted him and I used like a handful of words.

##unvote

##vote Rarity

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah I have to say, rarity is being super scummy. What up wit dat?

##vote rarity

I know people are gonna be all like

Omg pig why u so scummy?

I say to those people, stfu.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I forgot to unvote, sorry

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

wins32767 posted:

##vote Chaoslord

Sorry you drew scum pal.

Kilran, I'm also very sorry you drew scum your first game back in a long time.

I haven't played in over a year. The last one was Token Female's Harry Potter game.

Ecco asked me if I wanted to play and I had some free time.

Also, don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kilran posted:

For you see, mine was the first vote on Meinberg.

Actually I think you'll find that was me? Back on page 1? Go ahead and check, I'll wait. You were the 4th person to vote Meinberg (after me, winvirus and Ras if you must know)

It's cool, I accept apologies by postcards.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Votefinder isn't doing its job. :argh:

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Here is the official votecount.

Crazyeyes (3): Opopanax, merk, CapitalistPig
Meinberg (3): winvirus, Rascyc, Little Mac
JakeP (2): Tremendous Taste, Meinberg
Rarity (2): Crazyeyes, kilran
Chaoslord (1): wins32767
kilran (1): Rarity
Somberbrero (1): Jamuraan
winvirus (1): Somberbrero

Not Voting: CCKeane, chaoslord, JakeP, Juanito, Met, QuoProQuid, yuming

Ixtlilton fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 17, 2014

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##unvote

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Ixtlilton posted:

Here is the official votecount.

Crazyeyes (3): Opopanax, merk, CapitalistPig
Meinberg (3): winvirus, Rascyc, Little Mac
JakeP (2): Tremendous Taste, Meinberg
Rarity (2): Crazyeyes, kilran
Chaoslord (1), wins32767
kilran (1): Rarity
Somberbrero (1): Jamuraan
winvirus (1): Somberbrero

Not Voting: CCKeane, chaoslord, Juanito, Met, QuoProQuid, yuming

Be sure to include unvotes, hon, as -unvote!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
##unvote

We're cool Jake.

Crazyeyes though... well, he's an odd fellow. But he tends to be a jerk (no offense CE!), and I think that people are voting him because of that aggressive tone. If I'm mistaken, please correct me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Meinberg posted:

##unvote

We're cool Jake.

Crazyeyes though... well, he's an odd fellow. But he tends to be a jerk (no offense CE!), and I think that people are voting him because of that aggressive tone. If I'm mistaken, please correct me.

I'm voting him because he's scum in this game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

you thought you were voting rarity :getout:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tremendous Taste posted:

I changed my mind it's ce again

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm voting him because he's scum in this game.

Tremendous Taste posted:

CapitalistPig posted:

I changed my mind it's ce again

Can't argue with this kind of case work

##vote Crazyeyes

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##unvote

##vote juanito

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I haven't read game yet.

Is Met a username change?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
No, he's pretty new, I think, but he played mafia elsewhere.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

yuming posted:

I haven't read game yet.

Is Met a username change?

Hi Yuming, how are you doing?

What do you think of Chaoslord?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

kilran posted:

I haven't played in over a year. The last one was Token Female's Harry Potter game.

Ecco asked me if I wanted to play and I had some free time.

Also, don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

I know, and I'm glad you're back. I'm just sorry that I'm going to have to have you strung up to win, that's all.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Met is being pretty scummy too. I'd vote met.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I just finished Dwarfia with chaoslord, and he's a noob who puts in a lot of effort casing. I like him.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Juanito posted:

I just finished Dwarfia with chaoslord, and he's a noob who puts in a lot of effort casing. I like him.

Was he town in that game? Cause his posts are setting my scumdar all a jiggly.

Also, you now have an unfair advantage with your avatar. I used to hate it but after GotG, it's much less painful and such I view you as a sort of harmless buffon.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

wins32767 posted:

Was he town in that game? Cause his posts are setting my scumdar all a jiggly.
Yes, he was town. He was kept alive though, because he was so earnest about his casing, yet still a bit of a pushover. Mostly just being a noob, and not being sure of himself.

quote:

Also, you now have an unfair advantage with your avatar. I used to hate it but after GotG, it's much less painful and such I view you as a sort of harmless buffon.
How rude.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote juan

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

u jelly?

:mrgw:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Juanito posted:

u jelly?

:mrgw:

nah bruh :greencube:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Somberbrero posted:

2) winvirus

Exhibit A: Buddying up to Mac.
Exhibit B: Pretending that vote is scummy without saying why.
Exhibit 3: Not putting your vote down on me if you think I'm actually scummy and you're not just being disingenuous(also scummy).
Exhibit Next: Asking someone to make a list of scum is the laziest way to pretend like you're contributing.

##unvote
##vote winvirus

Somberbrero posted:

I've played a lot of mafia and I've played a lot of mafia with winvirus. Do you have anything actually interesting to say about what I posted?

You're being weirdly serious about a non-case.

3) Actually Not Little Mac.

Meinberg posted:

Oh good, I don't think I've been merked while I was sleeping, which has been known to happen.

So, if I am to understand, the case on me is "this guy is weird and awkward, so he has to be scum." That's a pretty weak-rear end case, if I say so myself. I really wouldn't be surprised if winvirus is scum, on account of this. He comes in with a fake cop claim, puts it on the table in a way that does not make it clear whether he is joking or not, and then calls me scummy because of how I react to it.

That said, I've just woke up, so my brain is still booting up.

Is there an actual case on you? Seems to me that everyone is joking around about your awkward posting.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Accidentally hit post instead of preview.

Somberbrero posted:

I'm sorry, what? Can you explain any part of that last sentence because it doesn't make any sense. He's acting so scummy that he must be town is not something I can follow.

Question:

Rascyc posted:

Did you seriously just call me a lurker? I've never lurked a single SA game in my life ole' chap and I don't intend to now. Especially given how much ecco laments his games becoming lurker fests

Rascyc posted:

Anyway your original argument is crap. I've read games where winvirus has done both behaviors and we have a few people in this game who are more than capable of playing aggressive scum if they want

If you want to lurker kill then just say so

At first, I thought you were a new player overreacting to Rarity, but you've actually played quite a few games. In this context, your response to the lurker accusation comes off as excessive and overwrought. The fact that you immediately try to move on by casting suspicion on that player strikes me as disingenuous. Your reaction reads as hollow.

##vote: Rascyc

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

god drat it, i did it again

sombrero, i was going to complain about you being overly aggressive, but i actually do like some of your posts. not so much a fan of the attitude, but you're doing a good job.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

wins32767 posted:

Met is being pretty scummy too. I'd vote met.

Sensible.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah I have to say, rarity is being super scummy. What up wit dat?

##vote rarity

I know people are gonna be all like

Omg pig why u so scummy?

I say to those people, stfu.
I... have a town read on Pig for like the first time ever.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

QuoProQuid posted:

god drat it, i did it again

sombrero, i was going to complain about you being overly aggressive, but i actually do like some of your posts. not so much a fan of the attitude, but you're doing a good job.

Crazy really annoys me. Today was a little rough so I was probably more of a dick than strictly necessary and I will probably continue as such for the next week or so. Apologies in advance.

Phone posting, going to check whether or not anyone else actually looked at that win-v post on the previous page. My guess: hahaha and also no.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

wins32767 posted:

Hi Yuming, how are you doing?

What do you think of Chaoslord?
He hasn't posted much. I want to see more before I make a call!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Somberbrero posted:

Crazy really annoys me. Today was a little rough so I was probably more of a dick than strictly necessary and I will probably continue as such for the next week or so. Apologies in advance.

Phone posting, going to check whether or not anyone else actually looked at that win-v post on the previous page. My guess: hahaha and also no.
Hi like your idea and I'm trying it on atm but I'm a little sad because I don't want winvirus to be scum.

Where I'm at is I was winding up to vote him but I need to finish sorting ~my thoughts~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Oh. I thought I had a few more pages left.

So my bf is playing Mario 2 and I never knew that you could super jump OR that you could go down pipes and thus never made it past level 1-2.

I'm awesome at games.

The Meinberg thing is whatever I don't care about it. Rarity is putting in enough effort that I don't want to vote her and... Pig is trying and I will endorse that irregardless because drat wow!

The tone of Pig's vote is sarcastic but I actually felt like he meant it so that is what I mean there.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

yuming posted:

I... have a town read on Pig for like the first time ever.

Hahaha you must be scum then.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

yuming posted:

Hi like your idea and I'm trying it on atm but I'm a little sad because I don't want winvirus to be scum.

Where I'm at is I was winding up to vote him but I need to finish sorting ~my thoughts~

Yuming town mvp 2014.

Also, I agree with you that Pig is really posting his guts out here. I like it, but I'm very confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I've ran a game where CapitalistPig was scum and I'm here to tell you he's scum. :colbert:

• Locked thread