Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

chaoslord posted:

Good morning everyone. Confirming my role PM! Busy day today (bout to go mow lawn, then day trip to KC to see an MLS game so there's 10-11 hours of the day taken up with travel to, match, then travel home) so I'll try to follow the thread on phone, but right now everyone that has plat has their name show up as "AwfulPoster" so that makes it tough. Everyone have a good weekend, no one do anything dumb and get hurt like, say, getting pinned between two cars like my friend did in his drunken hijinks last night

Also I don't get all this meinberg stuff, is he everyones favorite?

##vote Chaoslord

Sorry you drew scum pal.

Kilran, I'm also very sorry you drew scum your first game back in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

yuming posted:

I haven't read game yet.

Is Met a username change?

Hi Yuming, how are you doing?

What do you think of Chaoslord?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

kilran posted:

I haven't played in over a year. The last one was Token Female's Harry Potter game.

Ecco asked me if I wanted to play and I had some free time.

Also, don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

I know, and I'm glad you're back. I'm just sorry that I'm going to have to have you strung up to win, that's all.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Met is being pretty scummy too. I'd vote met.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Juanito posted:

I just finished Dwarfia with chaoslord, and he's a noob who puts in a lot of effort casing. I like him.

Was he town in that game? Cause his posts are setting my scumdar all a jiggly.

Also, you now have an unfair advantage with your avatar. I used to hate it but after GotG, it's much less painful and such I view you as a sort of harmless buffon.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Can anyone explain to me why they don't think chaoslord is scum? Just look at this post and tell me it doesn't drip with forced effort:

chaoslord posted:

In catching up, I really don't like CE. It's been said by a few different people but he decided to shoot down one of the first cases of the game because "meta". Since then, two posts, one of which was saying that a doublevoter is around because of the mod's insistance that we unvote or else it wont count (unless doublevoter!), and then this

"My jokevote is now serious" for what reason? The Rascyc/Rarity interaction doesn't really start in earnest until after you posted this, so what before that has you confident in your joke vote? Plus then Keane was definitely saying "Don't lynch me".

##vote Crazyeyes this is what I feel is right

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I'm on the fence on merk right now. My gut is saying scum (and I like yuming's case), but I've got this nagging voice in the back of my head saying no for reasons I can't really articulate. Rarity's vote is really bad though.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Crazyeyes posted:

I also distrust people who post literally eight times in a row. Makes me feel like they are trying too hard.

Sorry CE, but this is a terrible point and is the reason that we end up with games where nobody who posts actively is alive on the last few days.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Juanito posted:

chaoslord is pretty new, and generally puts in a lot of effort into his posts, regardless of how right they are. I'm not saying it makes him town in this game, but this is how he always posts.

...and you're whiteknighting him why? This is the second time where you've come to his defense. You've spent more time defending him than you have making a case on Keane. Seriously, what's up with that?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I strongly disagree with the cases on Rascyc. She's reading town as hell to me.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

This game is moving crazy fast for me. I'm having a real hard time keeping up with the number of people. I'm planning on sticking it out, but holy poo poo you guys post a lot.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

FYI, I spent all last night in the ER and I have a tube sticking out of me currently. Probably not going to post much for the next day or so. Feel free to replace me if needed ecco.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Well, I'm kinda back. I can't promise I'll be much use since I'm still in a decent amount of pain, but I can vote and whatnot.

I haven't read most of the day, but based on the voting between merk and CE before deadline, Somber and Rarity looked really bad. People have probably already made those points, but I can elaborate if needed. I though Rarity looked the worse of the two before.

##vote Rarity

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

Rarity(2): kelran, tearshed, CCKeane, -CCKeane, -tearshed
Rarity(1): wins
Huh?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Self provided meta is a really weak point. I've done it more as town than scum. Let me go back and read your case.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

merk posted:

##unvote; ##vote Juanito

Juanito is trying to stay behind the scenes. He's asking questions of people without driving scum hunting discussion. He hasn't done any scum hunting today.

This is extremely perfunctory. It may well be true (I'd have to reread him to figure it out) but this is some of the least effort I think I've seen you put into a case that you're pushing at deadline.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

:c: Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Crazyeyes (6): Opopanax, merk, CPig, Juanito, -CPig, chaoslord, -merk, merk, JakeP, Keane, -JakeP, JakeP, Rasc, -Juanito, kilran, -kilran

merk (5): CPig, Rarity, yuming, Rasc, Somberbrero, tearshed, -Rasc

I think analysis of this vote is going to be way more productive. Unless we postulate that merk and Crazyeyes are scum buddies, I'd bet a decent chunk of change that the scum team had some easy to spot positioning around this vote. So lets dig in.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

These jokes are ~hilarious~

:c: Votecount :c:

Crazyeyes (6): Opopanax, CapitalistPig, Juanito, -CapitalistPig, Chaoslord, merk, JakeP, CCKeane

merk (4): CapitalistPig, Rarity, yuming, Rascyc

Man, the lack of votefinder links to votes is making this reconstruction a lot more difficult.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

So take a look a rarity's voting. He jumps on merk with a crappy case as CE is picking up steam:

Rarity posted:

merk is flailing hard. Beyond what yuming has said, switching his vote between Keane, Ras and CE so fast makes me think he doesn't have any real conviction behind his cases.

##unvote

##vote merk

and pushes him all day. Near the end of the day, he hops on the CE bandwagon, ostensibly since he won't be around for deadline. However, his vote puts CE at -1 with 4 hours until the deadline; plenty of time to ensure that we don't fail to hang someone. It's not like he was excited about CE, he failed to put down any thoughts about CE's alignment all day.

This definitely reads like a scum trying to push an alternate candidate for a buddy in the running, and when it's obvious that that plan isn't working hops on the bandwagon for town cred.

Vote rarity for a better tomorrow.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah, considering this isn't even the final vote count for day 1. Just some arbitrary one you pulled from the day.

The end of the day ones aren't as useful. They don't allow you to see who had how many votes at the same time, they just record the votes over the course of the day.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

JakeP posted:

also good to see you are still alive, congrats on not dying

Still have plenty of time for the dying thing, don't you worry.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Rarity posted:

I didn't even realise I'd but Crazy at -1 because Ecco's dumb rules gently caress up votefinder and then he keeps clearing the votes so it's even harder to know what's going on and like hell I'm gonna go through the thread and count it manually at 2am when I'm tired.

I had a look at Juanito and I agree there's not a whole lot of effort there. He'd be better than a no-lynch but I still stand by my analysis of the Somber/Cpig situation and I'll add kilran to that list because his cases are very forced.

No posts for 2 days and then shows up as soon as called out but only addresses a small part of the case? That doesn't seem scummy at all.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Yeah, I'd be pretty comfortable voting Rarity.

Then join me!

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I'll brain dump everything in the morning, but I was confirmed masons with Rasyc and we breadcrumbed it. She could recruit VTs and I got RNGed N0.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

The posts starting with this one alternating first and second letters spell CMSN. Next post after is a defense of Rascyc calling him a her to indicate he was the princess. Same pattern for Rascyc.

Rascyc could recruit VT into a confirmed masonry, if they weren't VT the action would fail. Targets were
N0: Me (RNG)
N1: Little Mac (Failed)
N2: CPig (Both dead)

We didn't talk a ton because I was busy and then very sick.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

tearshed posted:

It's raining claims.

LM's killer role reminds me of a nearly identical role in Kumba's breakfast food mafia. The role was third party, and it got two submissions, one from town, and one from scum. Very likely% chance that there are scum and town submitting for LM's kills.

Since all 3 submitters claimed, and it's likely that at least 1 is scum, ...something something ecco cop. 3 players, 1 (or more) scum. Winv/Opop/JakeP.

Ecco has done something similar to this role before as a scum role I believe. I'm trying hard to remember what game it was, but I think Somb was it in. There was a killer who couldn't talk to the scum team but they could pass him names.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Folks who can pick the targets, do you have something in your role name indicating that? Mac, do you have to kill one of the names?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

And what happens if multiple people submit the same name?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

JakeP posted:

my role implies that lil mac is part of some assassins guild

I mean if you flip will it show <Flavor>, Kill Submitter/<Any other part of your role> or just <Flavor>, <Some other role name>.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

JakeP posted:

Are you asking if I have additonal night actions outside of submitting kills to lilmac?

No, I'm saying if you flip will your ability to submit names to the assassins guild show up in it.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I have some theories about LM's role, but I need some questions answered first.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

merk posted:

Either we kill LM or you all submit the same name every night that is decided by me and only me.

Uh, who is confirmed town here buddy.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

merk posted:

Actually, the breadcrumb is so convoluted that it looks fake, like you made it up after the fact.

I'm sorry you're scum.

##vote merk

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VH8sXkClonl8l7BiuJrRBbQXvMxfMC05HFxxT_IBnEI/edit?usp=sharing

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

merk posted:

##unvote while I look at this thing.

How does that make me scum?

Well, looking at your motivation, you're trying to discredit me. Someone with a town viewpoint would have made a case based on the other things I've said and done rather than immediately going for discrediting me. You even called out my outrageous defense of Rascyc for no apparent reason D1.

You've been trying to drive the town since the CE flip when it easily could have been a hard bus. It's scummy as hell and with the discrediting, I'm going to listen to my D1 gut.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

JakeP posted:

lol Wins is posting that even legal?

Why wouldn't it be? It's not mod communication.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

kilran posted:

But it does confirm what you are saying. Which is a big no-no.

Uh, how? People have definitely posted mason chatlogs in the past.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

merk posted:

Why would I bother discrediting you when you haven't even made a vote today?

Why would I make a case on your other content when I found the breadcrumb unbelievable?

Because confirmed town is bad for scum and throwing dirt on it is important, even if it doesn't lead to a lynch.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

wins32767 posted:

Uh, how? People have definitely posted mason chatlogs in the past.

I mean hell, merk has demanded people post them before when he thinks they are lying about being masons.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

merk posted:

Go back and look at your breadcrumb post and try to see it from my point of view. It's the worst/fakest looking confirmed mason breadcrumb I've ever seen.

You used to be an engineer so presumably you're good at math, what's the probability of two different series of four consecutive posts having that exact sequence of characters in the first and second letters by chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I'll refrain from posting until ecco makes a ruling. I honestly thought I was within the spirit of the rules, but I don't want to cause any further taint to the game if I was out of bounds.

• Locked thread