Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I hear if we all vote ecco, ecco will explode into a pile of candy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also if I can not be night killed on the first night I would really appreciate that.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jamuraan posted:

Yes he vig killed Keane in day 1 aladdin so he deserves swift retribution

The cycle of violence must end.

END AFTER TT DIES AGAIN.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

I don't sigh, I have never once sighed.

Sighing is for all the people around ecco.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

It's more of a swoon with a back of the hand to the forehead, followed by vigorous fanning

Post of the thread.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am constitutionally forbidden to vote anybody who does the scumhunter breadcrumb, aka the best moment in SA mafia history.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

If anyone can guess what I'm doing as I post this I will have a present surprise for them.

Pooping.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Winner

Your prize

##vote keane

I figured you had to reload before your next post.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Meinberg posted:

Hey buddy, how are you doing? Having a good time?

First off, you clearly don't know me very well. That makes me sad. But if you ask other people around, they'll tell you a couple things about me.

First, I'm incredibly awkward. Like hella goony. Ask Jake, he'll tell you for sure.

Second, my sense of humor is terrible. This is more universally known.

That's right kids, I'm going for the meta defense. :getin:

I will buy the meta defense.

For realses.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I ain't voting winvirus solely for the reason that it has been years since I have played with him.

You hear me, winvirus?

Also I have died a lot day one so please nobody kill me thank you and good night.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

##vote winvirus

This makes me sad :( but it's the best read I have.

It's his tone. His opinions are coming on too strong for me. It doesn't come across in a "trying to get things going!" way either. Especially this post vv

The request for a list is out of sync with the state of the game. It makes wv sound like scum faking participation.

Nope, I'm not even looking at winvirus day one.

IT'S BEEN SUCH A LONG TIME MR. VIRUS.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rascyc posted:

Nah it's a servicable d1 case. It's why CE's response to it is terrible, like he leapt at the first real case of the game and just threw down a meta defense for someone who isn't even himself. It added nothing to the game.

Likewise I think Rarity's discrediting of it is also extremely weak since it boils down to "scum wouldn't do that" (yes they would). Meanwhile she plucks a single vote on Meinberg as the "fake vote" and votes it.

My vote is probably going to be one of those three/meinberg

Yo so my softball teamed clinched a championship spot but my word I don't like this post. Could be because I'm reading it after my softball team clinched a championship spot.

Could be because...rascyc is scum.

##vote rascyc

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

Rarity always sounds incredibly scummy to me so I'm less enthusiastic about her lynch, but also she sounds incredibly scummy.

Keane c'monnnnn, that's weak and I don't like it at all. Lame personal arguments like that are super effective whether you're town or scum, but I feel like it's mostly scum that use it. You know you're going to lynch him sooner or later.

Congratulations on your softball.

I mean look, let's also be real here, it's day one and that's kind of the time to give somebody a pass, and also I'm kind of not convinced of poo poo on the winvirus case.

Ras just pinged me with that post, I really don't like it and it feels like somebody holding their chin and saying "yes hmmm yes".

Thanks on the softball! IT WAS HARD FOUGHT! Came down to the bottom of the ninth!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

Yeah, I was expecting something like that as a response from you. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it because it would be a pretty neat way of avoiding suspicion for scum. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and ##unvote for now. But I'll be keeping an eye on you, buddy!

I agree with others that Ras is looking suspect at the moment. I'm also a bit put off by CCKeane, I don't like him using his recent D1 deaths to plea for survival. Conversely, I like Somber's effort and I feel like he's town.

I die a lot and it is very annoying! People are very intimidated by my good looks and kill me as a result!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

kilran posted:

My vote on Meinberg was 100% serious. His reaction was totes flailing and seemed completely unwarranted. Until I went back and read that Rarity was the first vote :P

LOL

I put the FOS on you, you put the FOS on me... wow.

The mindset of people posting (and how their knowledge of the game) is 100% something you should consider when scum hunting.

You supporting my vote on Rarity makes no sense in context of reality. You flip-flopping from Rarity to myself based reads like this;

1. Kilran spots something scummy in Rarity, votes.

2. Rascyc adds a me too vote.

3. Rarity points out the flaw in Kilran's vote.

4. Kilran goes oops. Looks at the dodgy me too vote.

5. Rascyc decides Kilran feels really wrong.

What.
##unvote
##vote kilran

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Crazyeyes posted:

Your slow, plodding posting is no fault of ours.

Also I find all this Meinberg chat appalling. He just isn't that interesting.

Outside of this, I don't really see anything that stands out to me with regards to crazyeyes, and this isn't that bad.

Also CE did the scumhunter breadcrumb, so they are confirmed town, obviously.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Keane, you literally just did exactly what I've just figured is a classic scum tell of mine when asked about a case: pick one random post and say that's all you see.

Good thing I'm not you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

My scum tell is winning as scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

The issue is that the mind set behind the post is scummy. That's why I'm taking it out of my game. Meta is unimportant.

See, you didn't actually read CE. You opened his post history, skimmed it lightly, and picked out one random post for you to say that's all you see.

Your conclusion means nothing to the thread and it looks like you were trying. But, you weren't trying. You were faking effort.

That's the only scum tell that exists.

Oh gently caress off, it's day one and there are ten posts by crazy eyes in the thread.

Sorry I'm not doing exhaustive loving analysis on posts such as:

There's nothing there because THERE'S NOTHING THERE.

And frankly I think you're doing this because you want to see if this WHACKY SCUMTELL IDEA you have works, SURPRISE IT DOESN'T.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Thanks for that post yuming, that makes sense as to why winvirus would get attention.

I don't think winvirus's combative stance is scummy, I think that's more winvirus adopts combative stances because he likes yelling at people.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Juanito posted:

##vote Keane

fake effort, caught by merk.

also pretty much asking for a free pass on D1. wat.

This is loving bullshit by a bullshitter.

All three of Rarity, Juanito and merk are dumb butts.

Wait let me pull a merk

"fake effort, caught by merk"

This is fake effort in following merk, who is an aggressive player capable of getting momentum on players. It's just repeating a case.

Obviously Juanito is scum.

^A bad case that is better than the goddamn bullshit merk is trying to pull like an rear end in a top hat.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I really do wish I had a vig every game so I could shoot big dummies e'ery day.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

It sounds like I need people to stop lapping up piles and piles of bullshit!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Juanito posted:

Hopefully you get to be a stump someday :qq:

Stump Role best role.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

For loving serious:

The case on me is that I didn't have meaningful enough contributions on day one to a poster who had literally ten posts.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

No, it's that you faked content.

No, I didn't, and you're faking a case!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Outside of this, I don't really see anything that stands out to me with regards to crazyeyes, and this isn't that bad.

BEHOLD THE FAKED CONTENT! A POTEMKIN VILLAGE DESIGNED TO TRICK AND FLUMMOX!

I AM LOKI GOD OF MISCHIEF!

Bullshit. You said to look at Crazy Eyes and I said this. Because this is what I thought and there are literally ten posts by crazyeyes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

*were ten posts.

What would you even define as content in this case?! There's nothing to look at and I said nothing stands out.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Why are you advocating giving people a one day pass? For what? They aren't newbies. There's no claims?

Anybody who breadcrumbs scumhunter is obviously town because they are hunting scum. I don't understand what is so difficult to understand about this.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

I'm fine giving Keane and Kilran a one-day past. I don't really get the case on Keane right now anyway but I've been playing off my phone.

I forget when the deadline is, but I am fine with lynching winvirus, rarity, and crazy eyes in order of preference.

yuming explained the case on winvirus and I am still not seeing it, or anything on crazy eyes for that matter.

I'm suspicious of rarity because merk's case is bonkers stupid and while I can understand somebody making a bonkers stupid case, agreeing with a bonkers stupid case is suspicious imo.

Also Chicago's pizza is inferior to New York's pizza and everybody needs to deal.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Not you, sorry I was on a phone. I'm now not on a phone. This person:

Yeah I realized that like right after I posted.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Fake content is the only real scum tell that exists in mafia. Town does what poo poo, faking content?

How is that faking content?!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

You're forgetting that I was already suspicious of you before merk made his case.

Because I said "please don't kill me night one."

Because I would prefer not to die night one! Maybe if more people asked they'd get, jeeeeeezzzz

merk posted:

Here's me as scum doing what I said Keane did, and I caught myself after this lynch to the point where I will never do this again.

I won't comment further because the game is still going on, but I did want to find it.

We have very, very different posting styles, although I am sure you will get a lot of use out of this when you go to the mirror universe and play a game of mafia with good merk.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I've already said my piece on it. Go read that piece. Please don't distract from further scum hunting by asking a question I've already answered. I don't want that question to Rascyc to be overlooked.

Nope! I'm going to drive this one to the ground because it's bullshit.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

The issue is that the mind set behind the post is scummy. That's why I'm taking it out of my game. Meta is unimportant.

See, you didn't actually read CE. You opened his post history, skimmed it lightly, and picked out one random post for you to say that's all you see.

Your conclusion means nothing to the thread and it looks like you were trying. But, you weren't trying. You were faking effort.

That's the only scum tell that exists.

This is merk's explanation of how it is faking content.

This is the post that merk is calling faked content:

CCKeane posted:

I'm saying pretty much straight up that, outside of one post that seemed weird to me, nothing is standing out. This isn't faked content, it's saying I don't think there is anything.

Seriously, what does everybody think they'd say if they were asked to look (at literally ten posts, several of them jokey) someone who didn't have anything that looked weird?

It really, really is a bullshit case and Rarity and Juanito are scummy for supporting it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

THIS CASE WILL BE CRUSHED UNDER MY HEEL LIKE THE ROT THAT IT IS

I WILL LET MY RIGHTEOUS FURY BE MY SWORD AS I CLEVE THE UNJUST IN TWAIN

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rascyc posted:

What do you think of merk himself pushing that case on you?

It's a dumb case, but I think that's a null tell.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rascyc posted:

What do you think of merk himself pushing that case on you?

Like, expanding on this, even scum want to make cases that aren't dumb. Agreeing with a dumb case is worse since the flaws in logic and such are usually much easier for someone besides the poster to see.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rascyc posted:

I don't think it's null at all when I re-read that post he made in Zombie Beaver mafia and subsequent posts. Hum.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, honestly it feels a bit different because merk keeps bringing up an example he did when he was scum. So I do get the impression that he went looking for scum tells he might have had and pursued them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Are you saying that Keane's content here is 'bizarro' and not fake? There's a pretty clear difference. Yes, I convinced Town as Scum in another game that yuming was faking content when she wasn't. I'm not sure how that situation fits here.

Oh come on, if you can't see a parallel you're being willingly obtuse.

merk posted:

What do you think or Rasyc? If you're Town, he looks like someone who wants to speak negatively about a case on Town to look townie himself. His reasoning doesn't make any sense since he isn't calling me scum and he is comparing an apple to an orange (as he so admits himself - fake vs. bizarro).

I didn't like him before, but since he is calling bullshit on your dumb case I like him more.

Obviously I can't really be objective here, but bringing up past behavior that you have done is a good addition in and of itself, but you do have a very strong point that he hasn't made a strong accusation on you yet, so it does seem like it could be a testing the waters post of sorts.

• Locked thread