Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Good morning!

Now to catch up to 16 pages of joke phase...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Rascyc posted:

you're aware ... you know what, nevermind

oooh this is scummy

##vote Rascyc

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

oh no, now it's 17 pages :(

##unvote

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

##unvote

##vote juanito

Liking this case, ##vote Juanito

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Ya'll post too damned much. I am reading whenever I can at work here but I mean goddamn

but...they're not posting. I'm here talking to myself!

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

"I'm Talking to Myself - The European Mafiaman's Story"

:norway:

EccoRaven posted:

QuoProQuid has been replaced by tearshed

Finally.

Hooray!

Would vote tearshed.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

chaoslord posted:

Didn't mean to imply "I don't think you've read the whole thread" because it's possible you have. In rewording some things got messed up though. Sorry!

I have, mostly - just wanted to get some jokeposts out of the way!

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

For completeness, what is the case on merk again?

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

merk posted:

The case is that I made up going to a Cubs game tonight.

I don't even know what the cubs are! So I'm going to imagine juvenile bear gladiators fighting to the death

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

merk posted:

I post a big case and the only reaction I get is 'I like point 1 but not point 2' with a vote change solely because I posted tickets to a cubs game.

Well cubs are nice so ##unvote ##vote CE.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

merk posted:

:siren: How can he make this vote in one breath but make a meta defense of winvirus in another? This is textbook Cpig regardless of alignment. This looks like a weak attempt to fake scum hunting.

Basically this part I agree the most with.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

kilran posted:

Wouldn't be the first time WV faked a cop investigation as Town to get someone he thought was a scum killed.

tearshed posted:

D2 copclaims are a nulltell. No good cop claims right after their first investigation, regardless of the result. You need to confirm your sanity while leaving breadcrumbs to who you investigated. Winvirus is pushing a gut read on cpig and that's it.

Yep, I'm guessing that's the case here.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

or:

merk posted:

Crazyeyes posted:

This is adorable. It's like you have never played with Win before (I don't know if you actually have).

Crazyeyes posted:

I would also vote Cpig. Look at his post history. He is either spouting meaningless gibberish or throwing a vote on whoever seems to have impetus building.

##unvote
##vote Cpig

How can he make this vote in one breath but make a meta defense of winvirus in another? This is textbook Cpig regardless of alignment. This looks like a weak attempt to fake scum hunting.

Going back a bit I noted this part (again) - my gut says not to trust winvirus for the implied connection.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

merk posted:

If there's an SK, I think the Taste kill is the SK. Taste looked scummy from yesterday by never discussing Crazyeyes. He looked like a good SK target.

Do SKs care about what their targets are?

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

I think this is the main point for the case on Somber?

Somberbrero posted:

As much as I love rando turbos Crazy is fine if we can't lynch merk. Would prefer winvirus or rarity though.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

tearshed posted:

His D1 posts were icky. Mostly re: calling chaoslord scum a few times over (which I don't see), and I don't like the tone he has re: questioning why juanito was defending chaoslord. Also wins called Rasyc a she which is information that's new to me ??

And why isn't this information in the vote post?

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

dorkanoid posted:

:norway:

Would vote tearshed.

...for real this time.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

dorkanoid posted:

I think this is the main point for the case on Somber?

To be clear, I'd put a vote there just based on this really defensive "well I guess we can lynch CE, but you all know we don't have to, right?" This "rando turbo" was 1 hour before deadline, and had been building for a day or so before.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

In fact: ##vote Somber

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

##vote somberbrero

You're definitely scum. Game solved.

I see my predecessor agreed.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

I think I'll ##unvote for now.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

I need to get back and :justpost:, but I agree, :stare:

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Opopanax posted:

I would vote him but I feel a lot more strongly about Sombre

I think Somber looks more town based on the attempted duel, so I unvoted. For the ones still voting, do you consider it a null or scummy play?

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Rarity posted:

I think there's more to that day action than just a vig and Somber's not telling us about it. Combined with the original case on him from me and Ras, I don't think it makes him look town.

I read it as the success depended on the target (passively, apparently, unless Cpig is lying), and probably that there's some more information Somber gained from it, that he's for some reason not sharing with the class.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Rarity posted:

That's an interesting perspective but at the moment it's just hypothetical. With the info we have to go on at the moment, I feel good with my vote on Somber. If something new comes up that's when I'll reconsider.

I don't have any better suggestions myself.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

it's 22:30, my first day after vacation, and I'm at work. :sigh:

Somberbrero posted:

best case i can make for my case: if we lynch winvirus i'll probably shut up for a little bit and you won't have to read my posts

I won't vote you today, but I don't think I'll vote winvirus either.

My take on this is that winvirus fake claimed because he thinks cpig is scum.

Juanito posted:

Also I think winvirus is lying about his claim because he wants to kill Cpig, because he thinks Cpig is scum. I think winvirus is more likely to do that as town then he would as scum. I'm not so convinced about Cpig because he always plays like this.
...like this.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Juanito posted:

I feel good about Rarity being scum

##unvote
##vote

also where is yuming :iiam:

nice vote :woop:

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

JakeP posted:

Quote this post if you actually think Yuming is town

I haven't seen a compelling case yet.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

JakeP posted:

Yumings reads don't seem logical, and she seemed all too happy when someone suggested 2 scum teams so she could justify her Merk vote despite agreeing with Merks case on CE.

I'll go back and re-read

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

yuming posted:

I just want to say I found your case on Crazyeyes far more persuasive than anything merk did.

Good job catching a scum. You should feel good about yourself ~yay~

I really don't like this post.

However, I have to lock in tonight's vote soon, so

wins32767 posted:

Near the end of the day, he hops on the CE bandwagon, ostensibly since he won't be around for deadline.
I don't think this is scummy, as Rarity (and kilran) are, like me, European. We're never around for deadline.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

JakeP posted:

Yuming never voted CE

...I didn't even notice. it's late

##vote yuming

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

merk posted:

I hate to do this, but I think this gives credence to the Psychiatrist claim. Ecco hasn't put this statement in any of his ops before this one that I could find.

Here is an example.

I thought ecco was against having alignment changes...usually?

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

merk posted:

A Serial Killer (or Survivor) turning into Vanilla Town or Vanilla Scum falls outside of the 'usually' bucket I think. You definitely get sour grapes if you go from Scum to Town or Town to Scum and mods will avoid those. However, how mad would you be if you went from SK/Survivor to Vanilla Scum or Town? Not that mad, probably happy.

I'd be furious

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

merk posted:

The level of mad I'd be depends heavily on my current level of success in the game.

Regardless, I still have yuming highest on my list of scummy players - though that claim was strange.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

merk posted:

Her claim was needless. I think it's arguably a scummy claim and she could have recruited Rarity to the scum team.

Pending further information - not night kill speculation - I'm going to ##vote yuming

so I'm would not be

kilran posted:

(...)happy with Yuming deciding the Assassin kill

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

:downs: :woop: it's late.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

yuming posted:

This guy could be scum. Ever since he's replaced in he's just picked a foothold of already-being discussed content and went from there.

I think the (lack of original thoughts) in dork's posting is scummy.

Would vote.

Not however, that I am leaving my vote on winvirus, because I want to lynch him the most.

basically this:

Met posted:

Honestly, after hundreds of pages every time I wake up, I just don't care to reiterate everyone else's thoughts since I don't have much else to go on.
though I try.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

JakeP posted:

I guess I just don't understand Yuming, but apparently no one agrees with me

I agree, but you're dropping it today?

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

chaoslord posted:

*Your three suggestions for who should be submitted for the NK by the assassin are three lurkers that you have barely mentioned. Dorkanoid, your lone interaction was quoting him once saying "this is a bad vote". Met, you've brought up 3 times: "I dont remember what Met posted" "I think Met is a decent vote" "I called merk on his met vote". And then me, who you have also mentioned three times: "Not sure if disinterested town or lurker scum" "His response seems genuine enough for now" "He's not looking good right now"

Tearshed too wants to see me dead for some reason

tearshed posted:

I'd rather see dorkanoid dead than Juanito.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

chaoslord posted:

Moving on to current matters, I'd vote winvirus or kilran. Currently prefer winvirus but I'll make a run at a case on kilran shortly when I'm off work. He'll chalk it up to OMGUS I'm sure but after that huge argument with JakeP and Opop with him swearing up and down that he wasn't advocating for a lurker lynch (but also using the literal words "this is something of a lurker call out") followed up by today him advocating for a lurker assassin kill today seems off. Need more time to sit down and look at it without being distracted by work and losing my train of thought and all that. To make sure I get it done, I'll self impose a 6pm central deadline.

I like my vote where it is - I have to lock it in for the night, as usual.

I initially think both vote leaders are town - Somb because it makes sense (though he could've explained the one-shot duel thing then and there), as it's in line with what I guessed

dorkanoid posted:

I read it as the success depended on the target (passively, apparently, unless Cpig is lying), and probably that there's some more information Somber gained from it, that he's for some reason not sharing with the class.

Winvirus is the scummiest of the two, but what's giving me pause is the list of people voting him. Yuming has been targetting wv since day 1 (yes, she's been targetting merk too).

yuming posted:

Maybe you should/have read winvirus instead of getting stuck on my annoyance with merk's tone? Because that is the only reason I didn't look at CE more seriously.

D1 I was like "oh that is a p good point chaoslord made" (not a dig at merk, it was the point cl made that got me to look at CE). But then I was SO drat ANNOYED at merk's posting I just didn't even care if CE was scum.

This is still a strange defense of posting a case, but then failing to vote the cased person - without even stating why.

Yuming also cased kilran, but that case just tapered off at the end, with no real conclusion - though the tone seems to indicate she finds him scummy; a bit later though:

yuming posted:

Why is kilran scum, again, Rarity? Just a blurb. I'll vote you but I don't think you're scum~

which is why I don't like

kilran posted:

I would 100% be happy with Yuming deciding the Assassin kill
and

kilran posted:

This is a bad vote.

• Locked thread