Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

:s: kilran, Haros, Journalist (town-aligned backup cop), was stabbed in the back night 3. :s:

kilran posted:

I would 100% be happy with Yuming deciding the Assassin kill

welp, I guess I was 100% wrong about everything yesterday :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

winvirus posted:

Also reminder there's no guarantee of sanity even from a backup, that isn't an explicit investigation claim and we haven't seen a godfather flip

I wouldn't be hurt if we lynched yuming because she's just been ~soo adamant~ about lynching me when there are better targets every. Single. Day.

Good point.

I stand by my case from yesterday (though of course the kilran link is not valid)

##vote yuming

merk posted:

yuming has not done a single townie thing in this game. If you are lumping yuming into your Town category, I'd like to know why.

The case:
1. Slowly built up to voting CE on day 1;
2. Only interacts two times in the whole thread with Juanito, and does so with kid gloves;
3. Completely avoids my case on Juanito on day 2;
4. Gets lightly bussed by Jakep in some (now obvious) distancing;
5. Tries to take credit with the read on Rarity not being scum before Rarity flips; and
6. Claimed for no reason.

I was wondering why JakeP dropped the yuming case so easily - though I thought he was clear town, so I didn't pursue it.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

I don't feel comfortable lynching yuming today with an obvious cop result on her. I know there are a lot of other possibilities but it seems more likely that she's town. If she's scum then idk why Jake would submit her name night one.

I don't like dork's 180 on yuming.

Technically that was a 360!

I reconsidered based on the (apparent) cop investigation, but as we have one purportedly unreliable cop, I feel that not enough has changed to not vote yuming.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

No thoughts on Jake claiming her as a submission then? Not ruling out the possibility of them as buddies, but that'd be a really loving ballsy move imho.

I didn't notice that before now - and it's corroborated by Little Mac's claim. That would indeed be a ballsy choice for N1 (especially if, like the others (I believe?), he had no indication he was the only submitter.

Hm.

##unvote

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

By my count that's a 540.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

winvirus claimed Meinberg and Cpig at least

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

winvirus posted:

I can confirm Mac's claim. Part of my role is I get to slip names to Assassin dudes and they take care of things for me. N1 I chose Meinberg, N2 I chose Cpig. Btw last night I also investigated Somberbrero and got SCUM but well

Opopanax posted:

I submitted somber both nights

JakeP posted:

im third person submitted Yuming and then Keane

all three

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Little Mac posted:

This leaves

2) CCKeane - Town
3) chaoslord
6) dorkanoid
9) Little Mac - Town
11) merk - Probably Town
12) Met
14) tearshed
17) Somberbrero
19) winvirus - Probably Town
20) wins32767
21) yuming - Town

Six people left who could be scummy. I think we could win pretty easily by just systematically taking them down peg by peg. Of those, I'd vote Met and chaoslord. I'd need to go re-read everyone, though.

You're not believing wins' claim, then? They seemed to both have the breadcrumb.

I also think Somber is town, based on the claimed ability (would be a weird ability for a scum to have - and it appeared to work like advertised).

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Otherwise I agree with your list.

Looking at tearshed, he mostly has poorly explained votes;

tearshed posted:

##vote wins32767

which I called him out for

tearshed posted:

##unvote
##vote Rarity a slightly more sensible vote. Opop is also a badguy.
this is his first mention of Rarity. He did make a case when prompted, again

tearshed posted:

Since all 3 submitters claimed, and it's likely that at least 1 is scum, ...something something ecco cop. 3 players, 1 (or more) scum. Winv/Opop/JakeP.

tearshed posted:

##vote Opop keep the non-town lynch train rolling.

and finally

tearshed posted:

15 alive...game feels almost solvable despite only being day 3. Here's where I'm at.

Town;
tearshed
wins32
Met
Little Mac

Probably town;
yuming
kilran
Juanito

Can't really say for sure, but leaning town at the moment;
JakeP
merk
winvirus

Probably badguys;
Opopanax
Somberbrero

These guys are in this game?
chaoslord
CCKeane
dorkanoid

I know cckeane was a big D1/D2 poster but I was traveling earlier and trying to list all the players in this game off the top of my head and cckeane, dorkanoid and chaoslord were all the players I couldn't list. Says something about their presence this game I guess.
leading to

tearshed posted:

##vote dorkanoid no access to a computer for the rest of the day, sorry.
...why not one of the "probably badguys"? He also reappeared and changed the vote to Opop

tearshed posted:

##unvote
##vote Opo
that works better idk

##vote tearshed

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Little Mac posted:

That power would be easy to lie about (ie it only works on scum).

true, but it seems to check out. I'm not considering him "confirmed town", but I see no reason to vote him right now.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Little Mac posted:

I think Yuming's clear because Jake sent her name to me. Why would he send a fellow scum's name at that point, prior to me even coming out in the open with it?

yeah, I didn't read the thread closely enough - 100+ posts overnight tends to do that to me.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

merk posted:

Cool, well, there's been five posts in 35 hours. How about you give us a case?

I did on Saturday, nobody's commented much on it yet.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

dorkanoid posted:

I did on Saturday, nobody's commented much on it yet.

It's not much of a case, but given what I had to work with...

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

dork, chaos, and tearshed might as well all be the same person.

dork's case isn't great but neither is tearshed's posting. even if dork is faking content, at least he's putting effort in.

##vote dorkanoid

I still haven't found out the best way to handle that most content happens when I'm asleep; by the time I wake up (and get home from work, realistically) all points have been discussed ad nauseum. I try to explain my votes, at least.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

merk posted:

This is a good thing to look at I guess. Why did you put JakeP in your 'can't really say for sure? Why was Juanito in your 'probably town'? The real thrust behind my question: how could you possibly think Juanito was townier than JakeP?

And again, I'm not sure how that list leads to an almost immediate vote on me?

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

merk posted:

His vote on you was a full day later, but the vote isn't justified.

ninja: It's probably a bus actually. Sorry, dorkanoid.

Yeah, sorry, I misremembered; however, it was the first vote he dropped after that list.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

At work, and no time to post; I'm vanilla town, and I'm sure you'll kill/lynch tearshed when I flip.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

##vote tearshed - I think it got lost in the duel?

wins32767 posted:

##vote tearshed

Winvirus, can you submit dork as your kill tonight? I think that'd leave us in the best place tomorrow.

I agree with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

I had fun at least - I hope I was supposed to :ohdear:

• Locked thread