Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is leaving Summerslam as WWE Champion?
John Cena
Brock Lensnar
Seth Rollins
Me, Michael Tarver
View Results

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Tuning in for Smackdown tonight, since Alvarez made it sound like some cool stuff went down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

VIPs and A's listers, eh Miz?

Mentor Miz is smething I'd like to see. Last time he did that we got Bryan Danielson!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

It's surreal to see Reigns just sitting in a chair for an interview, after always spearing dudes, giving Shield promos backstage and generally wrecking stuff.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Haha, that was a fine punch indeed!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

OOOOH so good on the slomo.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Renaissance Spam posted:

I think it has more to do with the fact that Stewart likes referencing WWE any chance he can (for good or ill) and they're trying to cash in on that.

Yeah, I can't really blame them in their shoes. It's easy to forget that outside the wrestling bubble people generally don't care about pro wrestling or view it with disdain. It's pretty much like a small town restaurant getting a review from a major food critic, and then of course they'll encourage that critic to come again and talk up the critic whenever possible.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Alvarez also said the crowd was crazy hot at this smackdown, and that the place was packed except for the upper ring with like 9-10k people there. Hopefully all of the crowd noise is authentic this time.

Good lord, Cesaro really needs new music.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

WWE doesn't come to Seattle all that often, right?

I don't know for sure, but yeah I don't think it's as often as other major places. Probably just a shade less often than WWE comes to Detroit.

The past few times have been great because they would cheer nonstop for Daniel Bryan and chant Yes through basically the whole show.

Nice suplex from Cesaro there too, haven't seen that before.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Wrestlers are incredibly tough dudes. I hit my knee or leg lightly on something and I'm doubled over for a few minutes, meanwhile dudes are falling 10-15 feet on a regular basis onto very thin padding outside the ring.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Oh so Syfy is doing a zombie show too now? Good luck with that I guess.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

AHH that DDT looked like death! Just a huge rear end BOOM sound when they hit the ring, never heard that before.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Ha, tornado DDT countered into swiss death, so great.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Dirty Deeds out of nowhere!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I'm looking forward to the Authority having bribed some of the lumberjacks, or for Kane to be one of the lumberjacks and have him intimidate the other guys into not touching Rollins.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

crackage posted:

i need an answer to this

I don't know, kind of? I think it was probably a Tiger Driver. Certainly a Driver of some kind, maybe?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Haha, Alvarez is right again, the crowd is so happy they'll get to see Miz punched some more by Reigns!

SLATOR GATOR.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

gif Gator Barking Slater please.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Slater is so disappointed at his partner's losing ways!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

You better make that U.K. network launch smooth WWE, J-ru needs his fix!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Fun fact, at the live show there was a pretty bad Mark Henry/Luke Harper singles match first, and then it led to Henry/Show vs. Wyatts.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I'm in one of the other 170 countries that already have the network :D

Oh good, I was sure you were in the U.K. Congrats then! See you in the Dr. Who thread soon too when the new season starts!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

The kid's singing doesn't bother me much, but then I don't listen to much music and am generally pretty tone deaf.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

fatherdog posted:

That's actually a pretty cool double-finisher.

As finishing moves go, WSS and WMD are both rarely kicked out of too, so being hit by both back to back should be able to beat anyone.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

BB betrayed by MM and she's gonna fight at SS.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Here comes the pain. And I don't mean that Lesnar's here.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

AJ is literally tearing Eva apart!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Push Eva Marie and Heath Slater.

Eva is leaving her poor extensions behind.

Also, ban the Paige Turner please! Poor AJ fell right on the back of her head there.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I'm more pissed that the Paige Turner is so drat hard for people to hit right, is risker than most finishing moves to the person taking it, and doesn't look amazing enough to justify its use. It's not like Paige can't learn a different move, and most divas don't have finishers anyway so there's a lot of moves to choose from. She has the PTO as an alternative right now anyway, for goodness sake!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Ha, yep Dunn or somebody has done a hell of a wormtongue act poisoning people against Bo.

Can't wait for the Flag Match of absolutely ambiguous rules!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I was like this, and then that happened, see?

Brock has like, the biggest disparity between his pre-taped promo abilities and his live promo abilities of anyone.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Hmm, I guess Punk is at least being acknowledged now on WWE, since they just plugged the Best Vs. Beast match as available on the Network.

If Punk wants to come back, surprise RR entrant/winner is probably the best way possible, and doing it at the 2015 Rumble would be best before he loses name recognition. I'm fine with him staying retired though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Decent enough Smackdown, not quite as good as I was hoping though.

Geeze Reigns can jump though.

• Locked thread