Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Hey y'all, I've activated the second year of my dumb fantasy football league based around the idea that points are good and fun so let's all get more points and be happy friends forever. This is the kind of league that will generate weekly scorelines of 174.98-131.96. Scoring over 200 points is not only possible but happened twice in the playoffs alone. We currently have five players from last season on board but no movement from the other five so I've decided to open up entry to new goonsires.

Positions: QB, QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, IDP, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Gimmick: big play bonuses, big game bonuses, big fuckup penalties, all xtreme 90s all the time.

Draft is currently set for 9/1 @ 7:00 EDT but this is negotiable.
----------------------------------
Draft is over! Here's to a pointiful season.

Akbar: Bound for Street
Jerome Agricola: Bortoises
NowonSA: Three Step Droppings
Vogon Poet: Factory of Sadness
ganthony: Hotpocket Presence
Dubious: Literally Hitner
Ishin: BGIBubblicious

Akbar fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Reminder to everyone that this is a 2QB league. Some dude didn't notice that during last year's draft and got stuck with Ponder or someone equally repulsive to God.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Akbar posted:

Reminder to everyone that this is a 2QB league. Some dude didn't notice that during last year's draft and got stuck with Ponder or someone equally repulsive to God.

That was probably me, who ended the year with Flacco, Chad Henne, Josh McCown and EJ Manuel. This is after having drafted Flacco, Michael "replaced by Nick Foles" Vick and Jake "Doubtful" Locker.

I will not make the same mistake twice.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Ill take a spot, this sounds fun

e: tried to join but Yahoo won't let me until the 5 mystery people are resolved, so throw me in the waitlist.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Aug 16, 2014

LBJs Jumbo Dick
May 6, 2007
Tacos! Tacos! Tacos!
Looking forward to maybe not having a team made of tissue paper this year, thanks for running the league again.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Newton/Ryan couldn't save me from 90% of my team breaking within 2 weeks last year :(

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
Put me on the waiting list too.

Edit: in as Bortoises.

Jerome Agricola fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 17, 2014

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Anyone interested can now click the dang invite link and sign up. Open signups!

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Alright, I've adjusted the IDP scoring settings so that defensive players can get in on the points party. They're a little silly but now all positions (except TEs) are pretty balanced, at least according to last year's stats. Elite players (top 5 or so at their position) will be up in the 300 points per season range and dropping into the high 100s towards the end of the top 25. I've also tried to balance the scoring so that it's viable to play linemen and DBs instead of everyone just trotting out middle linebackers. I'm pretty chuffed with this scoring setup.

Should we go two IDPs or just one?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Akbar posted:

Alright, I've adjusted the IDP scoring settings so that defensive players can get in on the points party. They're a little silly but now all positions (except TEs) are pretty balanced, at least according to last year's stats. Elite players (top 5 or so at their position) will be up in the 300 points per season range and dropping into the high 100s towards the end of the top 25. I've also tried to balance the scoring so that it's viable to play linemen and DBs instead of everyone just trotting out middle linebackers. I'm pretty chuffed with this scoring setup.

Should we go two IDPs or just one?

All of the points means All of the points. Two IDPs.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Yoshifan823 posted:

All of the points means All of the points. Two IDPs.

A man after my own heart.

E: This leaves us at a roster size (and draft) of 17 players (11 starters and 6 bench). We're filling out a lot of positions so I could be swayed to deepen the bench if desired, but I also recognize long-rear end drafts suck. What say y'all? I guess it wouldn't be so bad to add another bench spot given that I'm capping the league at ten teams.

Akbar fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Aug 17, 2014

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Bump to remind that we have three (3) spots open. Also, are y'all fine to keep the set draft time or would anyone like to move it?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'd prefer that we move it to either a Sunday, Wednesday or Thursday night, or at the very least, slightly later on that Monday.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
If you're not full I can sign up tonight.

After all gotta defend that title :smug:

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Yoshifan823 posted:

I'd prefer that we move it to either a Sunday, Wednesday or Thursday night, or at the very least, slightly later on that Monday.

I'm driving like 8 hours on Sunday so I'm not sure I can promise anything 8/31. How about Thursday 8/28?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Akbar posted:

I'm driving like 8 hours on Sunday so I'm not sure I can promise anything 8/31. How about Thursday 8/28?

I would be totally down.

LBJs Jumbo Dick
May 6, 2007
Tacos! Tacos! Tacos!
Thursday is my day off, so that works really well for me, too.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Okay changed to 7/28 @ 7:30pm EST. We also have two spots still open. Please join the league if you like good times and also fun.

Akbar fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 22, 2014

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I've been dying to play in a 2QB league.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Its Miller Time posted:

I've been dying to play in a 2QB league.

Challenge accepted.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'll hop on board. Not sure how well I'll do, but I'll fumble my way along.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Awesome, glad to fill this league up. I've random-generated the draft list, as follows:

1. Josh's Tip-Top Team (I'm guessing this name will be changed)
2. Bound for Street
3. Literally Hitner
4. Bortoises
5. Packer Attacker
6. BGIBubblicious
7. Eat Dirt
8. Hotpocket Presence
9. Factory of Sadness
10. Three Step Droppings

Happy bizarro draft-planning.

E: I was just reviewing the scoring and saw that return yardage is set at 10 yards/point. Is that too high or fair? Basically this bumps up the values of PR/KRs. I'm okay with leaving it as is given that kick returns are more limited this season by bringing the kickoff line up.

Akbar fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 23, 2014

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

RIP me getting a high quality quarterback.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Hey I just realized I have a concert Thursday evening. Would y'all be okay with moving the draft back to 9:30 or 10pm EST? Sorry about this.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Akbar posted:

Hey I just realized I have a concert Thursday evening. Would y'all be okay with moving the draft back to 9:30 or 10pm EST? Sorry about this.

no can do for me, I'm doing the draft for the goon money league I'm running starting at E: I'm a retard 6PST/ 9 EST. That one has a bit more priority with :homebrew: on the line

Dubious fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 26, 2014

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
^^^^ Wait, 9 PST is midnight EST. could 9:30 EST still work?

Would sometime tomorrow night work? I'm free pretty much the entire Wednesday evening. Or Monday evening.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
Well if it needs to be moved later, I'd rather it be as late as possible. 9:30 is 4:30 am my time and I have a doc appointment at 9:10 (that's 2:30 am your time(?)). I would prefer to get a few good hours of sleep and wake up early for good, rather than sleep a few, wake up for draft and sleep a few more. So, what I'm getting at is, I'm ok with it being later, would prefer 10 over 9:30.

E: tomorrow night works for me.

Jerome Agricola fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 26, 2014

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Let me just set up a doodle poll.

e: I sent the doodle poll over email. Check your yahoo-affiliated emails or PM me for doodle link.

Akbar fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 26, 2014

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I can't do later on Thursday, but I am available basically anytime other weekdays. I have another draft on Sept. 3, so I won't be available then unless it's literally the only time that works for everyone, and even then it can't start later than 6:30 p.m. EST.

Tomorrow night or Monday would work best for me, of the options that are on the doodle poll.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'd cast my lot in for monday; no work day is the best day

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

NowonSA posted:

I can't do later on Thursday, but I am available basically anytime other weekdays. I have another draft on Sept. 3, so I won't be available then unless it's literally the only time that works for everyone, and even then it can't start later than 6:30 p.m. EST.

Tomorrow night or Monday would work best for me, of the options that are on the doodle poll.

Are you three-step dropping?

Yahoo also allows for 15-minute intervals (e.g. 9:30, 9:45,...) if we need to explore those.

Dubious posted:

I'd cast my lot in for monday; no work day is the best day

So all the times Monday work for you? I'll fill you in if so.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I'm on the west coast so late is fine.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Its Miller Time posted:

I'm on the west coast so late is fine.

To everyone: please just enter your preferences in the doodle poll so I don't have to contend with who's good with what. Dubious, I filled out your Monday preferences on doodle but don't know your league team name. Can everyone post their team name? I'm Bound for Street.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
Filled out the poll as Bortoises. I'm dumb and left wed the 3rd blank because I'm not sure about it yet. There's a strong likelihood that it's ok for me also, however.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Jerome Agricola posted:

Filled out the poll as Bortoises. I'm dumb and left wed the 3rd blank because I'm not sure about it yet. There's a strong likelihood that it's ok for me also, however.

Thanks. I think the group is trending towards Monday 9/1, which you left "maybe". Would earlier or later be better for you if it were to go to Monday?

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
I think earlier would work better for me on monday.

e: yeah, 6 or 7 would defo be best.

Jerome Agricola fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 26, 2014

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
I can make this official in the poll but I'm really down for whatever as long it's not during the "normal" workday hours (CST) which doesn't seem like it will a problem

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Yep, I'm Three Step Droppings on the poll and in the league. Monday's fine on my end, anytime should work.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
OK! Let's change it to this coming Monday at 7pm EDT. I'll send an email out too. Sorry to Yoshifan that this doesn't work for him but hopefully you can throw a top 30 into your player queue and get some nice top end talent.

Thanks again to everyone for working with me on this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

All that to move it back thirty minutes?

• Locked thread