Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

paranoid randroid posted:

brb texting a hot tip to matt drudge about congressional exemptions from OBAMAPURGE

i think we all know this bill is just an excuse for obama to get his death panels in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hello, I am from Rockstar Games and I am worried about what this bill might mean for Grand Theft Auto.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

We need to vote on Senator Conditt's motion that the bill be retroactively applied to anything he may or may not have done to Miss Levy.

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

Only authorized weapons and ammo can be used during Purge Day. No lead bullets are allowed because the crows and vultures will eat them and die of lead poisoning and a percentage of all weapon sales in preparation of Purge Day will go to the National Condor Association.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Look I'm fine with it, but only if it's budget neutral. What are we going to cut to pay for getting the word out? I suggest we cut food stamps.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
*news on another channel*

Tonight's top story, this old lady wins the National Loogie Spitin' tournament, an interview with her later and...

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Fabricated posted:

I'm the random insane C-SPAN caller who gets to talk about a completely unrelated issue for minutes

mr senator, are you willing to read and sign on to a statement by 1700 scientists and engineers which proves building seven was brought down by a controlled demolition on 9/11 as a false flag attack?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Sonrisa posted:

Only authorized weapons and ammo can be used during Purge Day. No lead bullets are allowed because the crows and vultures will eat them and die of lead poisoning and a percentage of all weapon sales in preparation of Purge Day will go to the National Condor Association.

may I add an amendment to the honorable senators proposal; no extraneous items and all fights should be 1v1 on even ground

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Don't get me wrong, I love the Purge. I'm a death guy. I'm just worried that Connolly will be able to run against this.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

"My opponents want to characterize me as pro-murder-spree. But this. Bill. Will. Create. Jobs. Jobs to build safe rooms. Jobs to repair property and infrastructure. And yes, jobs to dispose of mountains of human corpses, stacked like cordwood among thickening clouds of carrion flies."

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
later on the daily show a funny graphic with a pun on the purge is shown

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

Lawman 0 posted:

all fights should be 1v1 on even ground

This goes against the nature of the Purge. I think this should be dismissed

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ProfessorMurder posted:

I think we should listen to this guy, he is a professor on the subject.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

mr.capps posted:

I think we should listen to this guy, he is a professor on the subject.

I concede the point

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

ProfessorMurder posted:

I agree with my colleague. It would go against the plans of some of my constituents to form... uh... vigilance committees to... ah... protect themselves from bl... uh from.. urban violence.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

i move we banish this bill to wither in subcommittee for the next six years

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Lawman 0 posted:

may I add an amendment to the honorable senators proposal; no extraneous items and all fights should be 1v1 on even ground

i agree, but again move that congress be exempt

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Look to our founding fathers. Was Aaron Burr wrong when he dueled Alexander Hamilton and killed him? The Purge is just an extension of our own traditions and customs.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Otisburg posted:

I agree with my colleague. It would go against the plans of some of my constituents to form... uh... vigilance committees to... ah... protect themselves from bl... uh from.. urban violence.

official vigilance committees are also not in the spirit of the Purge.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

before we discuss anything further i think we should be clear that this bill will not take effect until 2017 so that someone else can be blamed for it

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Lawman 0 posted:

Final Destination only

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

one may form a "vigilance committee" but there's no stopping someone from murdering the entire committee. Only form one from people you completely trust

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I think we're losing sight of what this means for regular Americans. People like my friend John Davis from Albuquerque. He runs a panic room contracting business that employs over fifty people from all walks of life. He's got a clean-cut, all-American son, who's at age 17 really itching to commit consequence-free homicide. His wife runs a business out of the home where she bakes Purge-themed cupcakes. These are regular, everyday Americans who are counting on us to vote the right way on this thing.

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

Sonrisa posted:

I must take exception with the unsubstantiated claims of Congressman Sonrisa regarding lead bullets. There is no evidence whatsoever that lead bullets are harmful to crows or vultures. Lead is a naturally occurring element which both crows and vultures have lived with for countless years, and it is the height of arrogance to pretend that our human civilizations, so new upon this hoary old Earth, could possibly be responsible for nature itself. For all we know, lead is necessary to the survival of crows and vultures, and to deprive these valuable animals of the trace minerals they may well desperately need, is tantamount to signing a death warrant for their entire species! I for one would like to leave a better legacy for our children, and our children's children.
/

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

i for one am fully in support of this measure if it means i won't face a challenger from my own party in the upcoming elections

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I am pro-Purge, and I'm teaching a Purge survival/effective murder class for only $50 a week. Family discounts available

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Okay, but we're not going to let anyone burn flags, right?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

the purge is good for business. specifically, i run a combination funeral home and flower shop with branches across several states. a vote for this bill is a vote for the economy.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

EngineerSean posted:

Final Destination only

:thejoke:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
*filibusters against the bill while lying down in a coffin

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Uhh I would just like to point out that nobody in congress actually wrote this bill, and uhh... its actually just a hollywood script that has been mistaken for one.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

This is a critical juncture, we can debate whether this bill was inspired by a weird high-concept conceit squandered on a tepid home-invasion thriller after we pass it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

the purge is an abominable affront to this country's good christian morals. being able to murder people freely? what's next, marrying your cousins? wait, that would be allowed in this? i would like to change my vote to 'aye.'

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

mr.capps posted:

Uhh I would just like to point out that nobody in congress actually wrote this bill, and uhh... its actually just a hollywood script that has been mistaken for one.

So I've been blowing politicians for nothing?!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

mr.capps posted:

*via satellite from an inexplicably windy place* NO ONE'S ACTUALLY READ THE BILL! YOU CAN'T... YOU CAN'T TELL ME ANYONE KNOWS WHATS IN THE BILL AND THE PRSIDESNT IS SAYING WE HAVE TO PASS IT TO FIND OUT WHATS IN IT AND I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TO HAVE HOT TAR FUNNELED UP MY rear end THIS AFTERNOON AND DONT HAVE TIME TO "READ" "BILLS"

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I move that we make it illegal to kill us during the purge.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

mr.capps posted:

in all fairness, it was really long, and i was tired last weekend.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

SirDan3k posted:

seconded

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I agree with The Purge on principle, but I don't think it's the Federal Government's role to suspend all laws in an orgy of murder and mayhem.

I think the Framers would have wanted that decision left up to the States.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

SirDan3k posted:

As the murder representative, I agree with this.

• Locked thread