Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Chaos and evolution, baby.

Standing up had never been quite so... difficult. The sensation of being hurled through the warp wasn't totally unpleasant, but something Vatra never really saw the need to experience. Though the bleakness of this situation was still preferable to his last predicament. Then he realized he was not alone, the strange stalks atop the other human's head immediately marked him as a fellow worshiper of Chaos, and there was no questioning that the half armored hulk was a Chaos Space Marine. It seemed he was in the company of friends, if only friends out of necessity rather than any real connection.

"Blessings onto you as well brothers, it seems our Dark Lords have sought to give us a bit of a test before they impart upon us more of their power? At least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself."

A quick check of his inventory made the news even worse, his power blade had apparently suffered damage in the transit leaving him with only a las-pistol as reliable weaponry. Stranded on an unknown world untold distance from any followers or protection, yes, now was certainly the time to start making friends. Vatra takes his first steps of this new adventure following behind Bazroth to the doors.

Toughness vs 33=66, 4 DoF, 4 damage

pre:
Name:       Vatra the Whisperer
Archetype:  Apostate
Pride:      Charm
Disgrace:   Wrath
Motivation: Dominion

Weapon Skill:     30  (25 + 5)   
Ballistic Skill:  40  (25 + 15)
Strength:         25  (25)
Toughness:        33  (25 + 8)
Agility:          30  (25 + 9 - 4 Motivation) 
Intelligence:     50  (25 + 15 + 10 Char Advance)  
Perception:       50  (25 + 15 + 5 Char Advance + 5 Disgrace) 
Willpower:        45  (25 + 15 + 5 Char Advance + 2 Motivaton - 2 Disgrace) 
Fellowship:       70  (25 + 18 + 5 Archetype + 15 Char Advance + 5 Pride + 2 Motivation)  

Wounds:     8/12 (14 - 1 Disgrace - 1 Motivation)

Infamy:     16 (15 + 1 Motivation) 
Corruption:  6 (5 + 1 Cold-Hearted)

Skills:
Awareness
Charm ++20
Command +10
Commerce
Common Lore (Administratum, Screaming Vortex)
Deceive ++20
Dodge +10
Forbidden Lore (Heresy, The Inquisition, The Warp)
Inquiry +10
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Logic
Scholastic Lore (Bureaucracy, Imperial Creed, Philosophy) 
Scrutiny
Sleight of Hand
Trade (Chymist)+10

Talents:
Air of Authority
Addictrix
Beloved Leader
Cold Hearted
Demagogue
Hatred (Ecclesiarchy) 
Inspire Wrath
Iron Discipline
Mimic
Peer (Planetary Governors or Warlords)
Radiant Presence
Total Recall
Unremarkable
Unshakeable Will
Weapon Training (Las, Primary)

Traits:
Serpent's Tongue: Once per game session, the Apostate may make a Challenging Charm or Deceive check to gain the Peer Talent with one organization of his choice
 for the remainder of the session. If the Apostate has a Fellowship of (55) or higher then he instead gains Peer (2) for the chosen organization. 

Quick and the Dead: To survive in the Vortex, particularly as a human, one must be quick, both in wits and action. Sometimes fast reflexes can compensate for 
ceramite armour. All Heretics with this Trait add a +2 bonus to Initiative Rolls. 

Equipment:
GC Laspistol
PC Power Blade
Mesh Combat Cloak
Chaos symbol pendant
Unholy Tomes
Two laspistol clips

Alignment
Slaanesh

Advances: 6000/6000
Fel + 15        =     850
Per +  5        =     250
Int + 10        =     750
Wil +  5        =     250
Demagogue       =     400
Iron Discipline =     300
ColdHearted     =     250
Addictrix       =     400
Beloved Leader  =     200
Unremarkable    =     200
Deceive ++20    =     600
Charm +10       =     400
Inquiry +10     =     200
Scrutiny        =     200
Dodge +10       =     200
Sleight of Hand =     200
Trade(Chymist+10)=    350

Korhal fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

"I see you two are eager for battle, let us hope half a regiment doesn't pour through the doors on top of us."

Vatra sighed as he moved off to the side and took cover behind one of the pews, readying his las-pistol at the door. It had been ages since he killed something with his own hands, in retrospect maybe if he spilled blood a little more often he wouldn't be in this situation now.

Base BS of 40, will edit in block if needed. Holding the shot for an opportune target aka not someone Lucius is Nurgle hugging.

Korhal fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 17, 2014

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

Vatra gained a wicked grin on his face as soon as he saw the group of Imperial prisoners. Bomb collars or not few men were willing to live a life of imprisonment if given a choice in the matter.

"Now is your chance to be free from the Imperial war machine, strike at those around you and take back your freedom while you have the opportunity!"

While the penal legionnares hopefully swarm those around them Korhal fires his las-pistol at the Cadet Commisar north-east of the Penal group.

Initiative 1d10+3 Agi+2 Human Trait=12 Not taking the +1 from surprise in order to talk to the prisoners, worded it wrong on Orokos because drunk.
Charm test- FEL 70 + Charm 20=90
Shooting- BS 40 + 10 Standard attack=50 BS

pre:
WS   BS   S    T   Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel   Inf
30   40   25   33  30   50   50   45   70    15   1/1 IP

Wounds: 8/12         Armour: 4 Arms/Body/Legs
Dodge: 40, Parry 30      Corruption: 6

Laspistol     30m   S/2/–  1d10+2E    Pen 0  30/30  Reliable, Good Quality
Power Blade   Melee   —    1d10+3E    Pen 5         Power Field, Poor Quality

Relevant Traits/Talents:
Quick and the Dead: +2 to Initiative
Radiant Presence: +10 to WP to resist fear/intimidation
Demagogue: When the character uses the Charm or Intimidate skill to affect more than one person they may affect up to 100 times his Fellowship Bonus. 
+10 Loyalty to all minions.
Iron Discipline: Followers may reroll failed WP tests to resist Fear and Pinning.
Unshakeable Will: May reroll failed WP tests to avoid Fear.

Korhal fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 20, 2014

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

The Apostate's eyes teared up as he watched the show, from the Commissar's head bursting open like an over ripened grape to the cadets being torn apart by a pack of ravenous dogs. Such beauty he never thought he'd see again after he had been whisked away to a torturer's rack in the middle of the night. Vatra holstered his las-pistol and gave it a pat, not quite time for him to get his hands dirty after all. With a noticeable pep in his step the robed figure moved forward to the limp remains of the Commissar and retrieved the keys, detonator, and the ID card.

"What now? Simple, enter the chapel and listen. You have already been spurned by the corpse god once, imprisoned and forced to be bullet sponges so that your supposed betters may live another day. Now you have killed his political officers, an act to free yourselves from horrific conditions as it may be, it still ensures a death sentence should you return to your Imperium. Enter, listen, and learn."

Vatra waved the penal legionnaires through the open doors with the reassuring smile of a father figure. After all had entered he took a position at the back of the room in order to better watch the 'event' that his new ally no doubt had in mind when he captured the priest. Yet Vatra's eyes were more focused on the legionnaire's themselves, scanning over them, taking note of those who had performed especially savagely in the last slaughter. Those that looked to be confident in their new situation, unafraid of the death they had just seen. Most of all he was looking for those that could watch without flinching or throwing up their dinner on themselves. All the while he gingerly caressed the bomb detonator held in his right hand.

Scrutiny test to try and determine the best/most hardcore fighters in the group.
1d100= 26 VS PER 50+ Scrutiny 0= 50 TN. 3 DoS

Korhal fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 20, 2014

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

Vatra called out to the five who looked most at ease at the situation before them, unlocking their handcuffs along with removing their bomb collars. In a hushed tone he addressed the small group.

"The Gods of Chaos are very generous to those that commit to them. You lot are the ones I deem most worthy of their attention and gratitude. Three of you arm yourselves from the corpses of those that you have slain, a stub revolver each. The two that remain gather shock batons and act as my vanguard. Perform notably in your charge and I promise the gifts of Chaos to be far more substantial than any reward you would garner from the Imperium of Man. Fight admirably alongside us and I assure that you will never fear a Commissar's bomb detonator again."

The Apostate gives a nod to his gathering of possible recruits and heads towards the towering Dark Apostle, taking a moment to remove the cuffs and collar from the prisoner who had provided his 'ally' with information. The robed figure gave a deep, respectful bow to his traitor space marine compatriot and hands him the ring of keys to the restraints and bomb collars.

"Apologies brother, I did not intend to swipe your well earned reward from battle, I only sought to act quickly to better motivate our new friends. I humbly suggest we only remove the bomb collars of those that prove themselves useful to us in the off chance that they decide they would rather follow the False God than become allied with Chaos, but it is a mere suggestion. I leave the control of the majority of our new friends in your capable charge. Do with them as you will, I am certain it will be the right decision.

With another nod of respect and a reassuring smile the Apostate walked back out of the chapel, taking a moment to retrieve the plasma pistol from the Commissar's limp body. Not something he was accustomed to using, but practice makes perfect as they say. There he stood, observing his new band of followers arm themselves and waiting for his allies to join him, all the while drumming his fingers lightly over the bomb detonator now in his robe pocket.

"I suggest we head for the maintenance elevator so that we may avoid the bulk of the Imperial forces on the ship, why fight our way off this seeming wreck of a ship if we can simply go around? Of course we could also head downstairs if you believe some more converts are in order. Though judging by the state of this ship I assume most have either already been evacuated to a new area or have simply drowned in their cells."

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

Vatra tensed upon seeing the Juggernaut, not out of fear, but out of annoyance. It was just like the Blood God to ruin a good time with his blood lust. It seemed Khorne wanted to tax them for safe passage. Another time, another place and maybe this could end differently. However for now Vatra felt his group was weak, fractured, and lacking. The Apostate turned to his chosen 5 and spoke in a whispered tone as to not incite too much panic.

"Backtrack to those that we have already slain, 5 corpses, 5 skulls, 5 of you. I'll let you figure out what to do next. If you're thinking of simply running away I'd like to remind you that the alternative exit is through men who will strap another bomb collar on your neck if they don't just toss you into a cell to drown. And do hurry, Juggernauts are not known for their patience."

The robed figure wheeled around to face the grouping of followers the trio had gathered, scanning the weak-willed with a look of contempt. This was for the best, really, it was good to cull the weak from the herd so that they become stronger. Those who fall would only slow them down or cause undue trouble attempting to escape back to the Imperium in the future. What they really wanted were the bloodthirsty, the desperate, those who would do anything for their survival, those that Chaos would smile upon. Vatra positions himself between his two new comrades, both for protection and to further enforce the weight of his words.

"Your first test is complete, accepting the true Gods into your heart. Now your second test begins. There are 25 of you in this room, you will prove yourselves worthy of Chaos. I command you to fight, fight one another until only 11 of you are left standing, left alive. Prey on the weak and slaughter them first, fight unfairly, fight brutally, anything less will get you killed. Those that refuse will be shot in the head by myself or one of my companions. If you all decide to rise up to attack us I will press a button and overpay this demon with all 25 skulls. Test me if you will, but I assure you that I will choose my life over yours in a heartbeat. You have a choice, you have a chance, as awful as this seems the odds are far better than what you would have gotten absorbing bullets for the Imperium. Once the victorious 11 have been chosen by glorious battle I will call for a stop. It will be the most beautiful thing you have ever heard in your lives and will signal your ascension to something above mere humans. Fight for your life and prove to yourselves and to us that you are capable individuals worthy of such praise and promise. Now, FIGHT!"

Such a spectacle seemed more appropriate for a follower of Khorne than a Slaaneshi worshipper, yet desperate times call for desperate measures. And the screams of desperate men sound good no matter the reason. The Apostate watches the carnage with a smirk, holding the bomb detonator at the ready to end this if things turn for the worse. I certainly hope the demon enjoys the show.

Korhal fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 24, 2014

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

Such an orgy of violence couldn't help but make Vatra smile, it was even better than earlier. Nothing smelled quite as delicious as desperation.

"Navigating Imperial ships has never been a skill of particular use to me. Unless one of you has some information to offer us we may be moving forward a bit blind as to which exit we choose."

Vatra posed the question to their remaining followers, waiting for a response, or the lack of one as his answer.

Scrutiny -20 vs TN 30 = 81, 5 DoF
Awareness vs TN 50 = 61, 2 DoF

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

Vatra nodded approvingly as Bazroth began removing the bomb collars from the remaining prisoners. Even though on the inside he was wincing as he lost the power of life and death over them. Still though, a little good will would buy a lot of loyalty from desperate men.

"The hallway it is then. I certainly wish I had spent time studying some Imperial ship schematics to make this 'escape' more streamlined. Who knows how many Imperials we're going to end up having to kill."

Korhal fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 30, 2014

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

With a curse the Apostate dropped behind the heavy crate in front of him along with his five bodyguards. He should have never left himself so open to attack like this, his rag tag group of allies were going to have to work to get out of this one. Only one option was available tactically, try to draw away the heavy bolter fire or they were never going to be able to advance. His eyes scanned for their remaining 'horde' noticing they were the only ones not being forced into cover.

"QUICKLY, advance to the barrels in front of you for cover, we must split ourselves apart before this fool lays waste to us all!"

Failed WP test to avoid pinning, then my group of 5 failed the rerolled test from my Iron Discipline.
Half action to command prisoners to advance to the barrels to the right for cover/distraction
Initiative 1d10=10+5=15 Init
Command test vs 80, 1d100=11 7 DOS
Escape Pinning 1d100=72 vs 75(+30 test) Passed

pre:
Useful talents: +30 Loyalty to minions total
Air of Authority
Beloved Leader
Cold Hearted
Demagogue
Hatred (Ecclesiarchy) 
Inspire Wrath
Iron Discipline
Radiant Presence
Unshakeable Will

Korhal fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Sep 3, 2014

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

Vatra couldn't help but experience a second of euphoria as he witnessed one of his bodyguard's chest burst forth, what beautiful colors the human body could produce. Before quickly snapping out of it as he recalled he was actually INSIDE a firefight for once. They were being advanced upon most certainly, but at least the heavy bolter was no longer focused on the true powers of the group. He would have to commend the other prisoners for drawing the fire away so expertly, if any of them lived that is. The Apostate grabbed the attention of his personal guards and pointed at the revolver laying near their feet.

"One of you grab that gun, we're going to concentrate all of our fire on that heavy bolter servitor and end the damned tech-abomination on three. ONE...TWO...THREE!"

He came up a millisecond behind the other three, why be the first mole to pop your head out to get whacked, after all? He aimed the las-pistol at the heavy servitor and his finger squeezed on the trigger. Las weaponry made such a weak sound, yet firing any weapon made you feel powerful. The entire event lasted for less than a second, yet felt like an eternity. Just as quickly as he had popped up Vatra ducked back behind the cover, doing his best not to get his head shot off like a fool.

All shots at heavy bolter servitor
BS 40 + 10 Half action standard attack, hit on 50 or less. 1d10+2E, 0 Pen
Other half-action to command bodyguards to shoot with their 3(2 if they can't pick the 3rd up) revolvers; 1d10+3I, 0 Pen
Command test vs 80, 1d100=28 6 DOS

pre:

Laspistol     30m   S/2/–  1d10+2E    Pen 0  29/30  Reliable, Good Quality
PlasmaPistol  40m   S/2/-  1d10+7E    Pen 8  10/10  Maximal, Overheats

Relevant Traits/Talents:
Demagogue: When the character uses the Charm or Intimidate skill to affect more 
than one person they may affect up to 100 times his Fellowship Bonus. 
Iron Discipline: Followers may reroll failed WP tests to resist Fear and Pinning.

Korhal fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 4, 2014

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

You would think that he would be disappointed with the results of their last concentrated salvo, but Vatra was pleased that SOMEBODY hit the target, and it turned out to be quite pointless in the end as the Dark Apostle smashed the servitor apart anyway. He shrugged and drew the attention of his personal cadre again.

"That could have gone better, but it also could have gone worse. Lets try it out again on something... squishier. Kill the superstitious fool with the shotgun!"

The Apostate motioned towards the Acolyte in the back of the room and let loose with another round of his laspistol along with a small symphony of stub fire before ducking back into cover.

If at first you don't succeed, do it again and see what the gently caress happens?
All shots at Acolyte 1
Other half-action to command bodyguards to shoot with their 3 stub revolvers; 1d10+3I, 0 Pen
Command test vs 80, 1d100=67 3 DOS
Using new DOS rules according to your post in the OOC thread.

pre:

Laspistol     30m   S/2/–  1d10+2E    Pen 0  28/30  Reliable, Good Quality

Relevant Traits/Talents:

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

Sighing in disappointment Vatra takes stock of the results of the lackluster charge by their ever-dwindling group of followers. Five of the prisoner mob remained, discounting the one too injured to continue on. The Apostate moved quickly towards the senior tech-priest, relieving the fallen of his shotgun and passing it to the only one of his chosen four who was still lacking a firearm. This one would be useful to keep at his side.

"Do make sure that it doesn't jam and get you killed like the last owner. The rest of you should scavenge what armor you can from the corpses."

Vatra eyed the massive hole in the side of the ship, pondering what could have caused such damage on this seemingly water covered world. If the damage had occurred in space then the ship would have likely been destroyed long before making it planet side. Besides, it almost looked like... a bite mark? That possibility only raised questions and more notably, concerns.

"I agree we should advance, yet I believe stripping this room of anything valuable towards our survival is the prudent choice. Between the lot of us we should make short work of searching these crates."

Passing a shotgun to my last guy wielding a shock baton and having the others armor up, then having my four + prisoners search the room for anything of value to us. I'll leave the circle to Firesight.

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

Watching in amusement the Apostate witnessed his two companions failing their descent to the augur array. A lesser man would become discouraged by their performance, but a lesser man would also refuse to listen to his brain.

"The climb may seem daunting, yet we are many. Let us work together towards advancing our goal and help one another to reach it swiftly."

And so the Apostate used his chosen four and the remaining prisoners to safely and securely lower himself down towards the platform below, ducking into cover and trying to get an eye for what sort of battle was taking place below.

TN 50(+10 for assist) Acrobatics test to climb down, 1d100=9, 6 DOS
Perception TN 50, 1d100=93, 5 DOF

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

Water as far as the eye can see in every direction, an ocean world no doubt. This certainly would be different... the apostate surveyed the group below him, a grouping of surrendering scavengers and a rag tag ensemble of followers of the ruinous powers. Had they arrived with the warp storm as abruptly as his smaller group? Nothing to do for now but play nice and increase his survival odds. Vatra turns and motions for the 4 remaining prisoners to group up with his own group of bodyguards. The four of them would be next to useless now that they had lost their numbers so what better solution than to double his own guard.

"I am called Vatra, devoted follower of Slaanesh and bringer of Chaos. The lot of us seemed to have been dumped here by the Dark Gods for a yet unknown purpose as none of you quite look like natives. However it seems that we all may prove advantageous to one another. Strength in numbers and all that, especially on a world as seemingly hostile and resource scarce as this one seems. Concerning the latter I believe the World Bearer to have the right of it in that we may yet need to raid the Imperial ship we just fell from to better outfit ourselves."

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

A little misdirection was just the thing for this situation. The Apostate walked over towards the ship helm and reached out to pick up the vox-caster, when he began speaking his voice was far different from the eloquent speak that he had used previously in interactions with their makeshift warband, but a deep more guttural version of low gothic that made him sound far more common than he really was.

"Rust Wave to Dead Shark. Stragglers put up a fight, lost a skimmer and a few bodies. Overwhelmed them quickly, not much loot here. Interrogated captive, says their promethium supply is on the other side of the wreck near your location. Also says it's being guarded by the entirety of the survivors. They think they can haggle their way off the ship with it. Suggest you attack in force so we can get whats ours. Will head over to assist with loading it up once we're finished stripping the valuables here. Over.

Setting the delicate looking vox-caster back in proper place Vatra turned to address his new 'allies'. Speaking low enough to deter nosy scavengers just in case a backup vox was hanging around somewhere, it would be in their best interests not to be found out. His voice switched from the scratchy hoarse voice from before to his confident and impeccable normality.

"I suggest we finish up whatever we have to do here quickly, namely loading the promethium over there. If they buy my little gambit then we will need to be on the move after a bit of a delay. While they've sent their strongest inside the ship to kill off the imaginary defense they're looking for we simply pull up, kill off the small guard they will have no doubt left, then double our fleet size in an instant. At that point we can either ransom them into our command or simply leave them on the wreck to starve off or drown."

TN 90, Serpent's Tongue test against Scavenger group, 1d100=5, 10 DOS, I gain the talent Peer(2) Scavenger Group
TN 110, Deceive test against Scavenger group, 1d100=7, 11 DOS

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

"I think it is in our best interests to strike the other ship without delay, a plague marine is nothing to trifle with, especially since we should be able to eliminate a portion of his strength before he even knows of our existence. I suggest we depart for the Dead Shark immediately and worry about salvage once we only have bodies to deal with."

The Apostate listened intently as the nurglite he had been campaigning with introduced himself more formally. An enforcer for hire certainly piqued his interest, especially considering the severity of the current situation. A strong right hand was worth more than any amount of currency on a world like this. This could certainly turn towards a mutually beneficial relationship for two of them. Vatra closed to a more intimate distance with the Death Priest, unwilling to leak information unnecessarily to the others.

"You have seen my... talents at work already, Devourer, and I yours. Killing men with my own two hands has never been something I have excelled at, however I am quite seasoned at combat more of the cerebral variety. I would like to enlist your services towards both of our ends. This planet is inhospitable, cruel, and treacherous. If you lend me your martial strength I will see that you do not have to watch over your shoulder awaiting the betrayal and schemes of others. And perhaps even once we find ourselves off this place we may continue the relationship, I intend on reclaiming what was once mine and more, at the very least that entails the formation of a proper war band and the destruction of this sector. If you are thinking that I myself am treacherous and scheming, you would be right. I will tell you this once and with all honesty however; I reward and treasure those that are loyal to me, for loyalty is what is truly rare in this universe. As if to further 'sweeten the pot' as it were, I can also promise you all that you can eat."

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

The Apostate begins to usher their horde of crew forward to battle, eager to take advantage of the surprise his deception had awarded them. Then sees a daemon engine and faints.

Yeah gently caress my luck.
Fear test vs 55, 1d100=57, 1DoF
Fear test reroll vs 55, 1d100=76, 3DoF
Shock test +30, 1d100=113
Fainted, 1d5=1 round
I suffer a -10 penalty to everything until the end of the encounter
Also the sorc has a great point, everybody gets +10 to WP to resist fear from Radiant Presence

Korhal fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 26, 2014

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

Vatra comes to in a hurry, awakening from his unconscious state in a stupor... Had he really just FAINTED in the face of combat? Fighting certainly wasn't his forte, killing people by his own hands was never something he had been especially talented at. Yet, to be AFRAID? Such was unbecoming of a follower of his Lord Slaanesh. Turning from combat simply wouldn't do. In a fury of rage the Apostate raises himself and points toward the horde of nurglite cultists, aiming his own las-pistol into the mass of enemies to fire along with his troops.

"MY CHOSEN, REDUCE THESE FOOLS TO DUST AND SHOW THEM OUR POWER!"

All shots on the horde
Other half-action to command bodyguards to shoot with their 3 stub revolvers; 1d10+3I, 0 Pen
2 shotguns; 1d10+4I, 0 Pen
Command roll on chosen 5 vs 80, 1d100=12, 8 DoS

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

Vatra cringed as he witnessed the Rust Wave's horde fail their attack against the enemy crew, then simply shook his head as the nurglite horde proceeded to slaughter half of their followers in seconds. This fight was NOT going as planned, if Plaga had been involved no doubt they'd already be killed and skinned. Lucius joining the melee might sway it to their advantage, MIGHT, the Apostate didn't wager his life on mights. Pointing toward the horde he yelled for his chosen bodyguards to unload another volley and opened his mouth to speak.

"Your enemy mocks you, they seek to tear you to pieces and wear your skin as a trophy. Those lucky few who don't die they will infect and let fester for weeks on end until you're begging for someone to end your miserable existence. They think themselves better, harder because they follow Grandfather Nurgle. But the only thing chaos will respect today is SAVAGERY, deny these fools the pleasure of victory, rip their bloated bodies apart and toss the rotting carcasses into the ocean as true homage to the gods. They are nothing but overgrown sacks of PUS compared to you, show them your fury now or forever be damned to rot away in the watery depths.

Half-action Inspire Wrath vs Rust Wave horde+Lucius, TN 110, 1d100=9, 11 DoS Horde + Lucius gain Hatred: Rust Wave crew, +10 to WS against them and has to succeed a WP test to flee/surrender.
Other half-action to command 4 bodyguards to shoot with their 2 stub revolvers; 1d10+3I, 0 Pen
2 shotguns; 1d10+4I, 0 Pen
Command test vs bodyguards, TN 90, 1d100=26, Success

pre:

Dodge: 40, Parry 30      Corruption: 8

Relevant Traits/Talents:

Korhal fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 30, 2014

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

Vatra cringes as he hears Plaga barking over the vox, he was hoping that the plague marine would continue to be occupied for some time. Perhaps this one wasn't as stupid as he thought. He needed a new play, something to keep them in the ship long enough for their makeshift warband to prepare a proper greeting. Ideas flashed through his head, each shot down in turn after he gave it a second of deeper scrutiny. Finally the Apostate let out a sigh and walked towards the vox caster, rubbing his vocal cords as he walked over. Even those who didn't want to gamble were forced into it on occasion. Vatra reached for the vox caster and began speaking in a half-growl eerily reminiscent of the Nurgle officer they had just slain.

"Betrayal! Betrayal Father! The Rust Wave crew charged as soon as they docked with us and tried to wrestle command of The Dead Shark away. The traitorous Slaaneshi flew on board and ripped through a half dozen crew before we even knew they were hostile! They sought to distract you away from the ship to try and take command... Vatra begins bellowing out a growling laughter. The look on the fools faces when the machine began obliterating them was priceless Father. It brought death to most of them in an instant. Those already on board the Dead Shark fled like the cowards they are into the Imperial wreck. The Slaaneshi marine and a strange human wyrd included. I halted pursuit of them. I know you want to respond to this treachery yourself Father. Your children hope you enjoy enacting your vengeance. Over."

The Apostate sets the vox caster down and scratches at his stubble. The best lies always did have a bit of truth in them. Hopefully Plaga hunting through the wreckage for runaway survivors would buy them enough time to make preparations. Vatra walks back towards the group and addresses them with a soothing voice.

"I've delayed his arrival as long as I'm able. Whatever strategies you wish to employ to make this fight more advantageous, I suggest you get started immediately."

Deceive test vs Plaga using Mimic, TN 110, 1d100=79, 5 DoS

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

Vatra takes one peek into the dreary plague infested hold and decides there is nothing of value in store for him, giving up his search before even attempting it in earnest.

"I'll be staying here to wait for Plaga, as much as I don't want to be involved in a fight I simply can't pass up the opportunity to see the face of a plague marine when he realizes how easily he was deceived.

The Apostate walks back to the deck of the Rust Wave, flanked by his devoted bodyguards.

Awareness -10 vs TN 50, 1d100=79

Korhal fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 5, 2014

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

Watching from his view port the Apostate cringes as he watches the battle unfolding. Whatever fool had shot down the idea of using a promethium trap or two should be tossed overboard. His comrades were fairing poorly, albeit against a plague marine and company so he couldn't fault them too much. With a heavy, exaggerated shy he gained the attention of his guard and began making his way onto the deck of the Dead Shark, gingerly rubbing the plasma pistol at his hip.

Korhal fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 15, 2014

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

Vatra wipes the sweat from his brow, obviously out of breath by his rush to make it to the ship deck. Pointing his las-pistol at the Nurglite horde he gives a simple command to his bodyguards to help tip the balance in their favor. Though the Apostate obviously hasn't been taking care of himself and the command comes out garbled, confusing, and muffled by the sound of his own las-pistol firing into the horde.

Half action to semi-auto las-pistol into horde, BS 40 + 30 size= TN 70, 1d10+2E, 0 Pen, +1 hit for every 2 additional DoS
Command test TN 90, 1d100=99 FAILED

pre:

Dodge: 40, Parry 30      Corruption: 8

Relevant Traits/Talents:

Korhal fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 19, 2014

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

The Apostate coughs and coughs before finally hacking up an exceedingly large amount of phlegm. With his throat finally clear he starts to roar out new orders.... only to see that Plaga had been overrun and defeated. Vatra cursed and stomped his foot on the deck, how unfortunate. He had only stayed behind in order to taunt Plaga in his death throes at the very end. Stepping in on the conversation between Ariston and Zolgan the Apostate overhears the information before weighing in.

"Wealth is power on a world with as little as this, the more we have to barter the more strength we'll have to take that which we want. Everything, however minor, still possesses value here."

Echoing Kai Tave's vote for Kanro for trading/looting/converting. Also I want to make sure we take EVERYTHING that isn't bolted down, and even the stuff that if we can disassemble it from the Dead Shark quickly enough. I'll also throw out us taking the Dead Shark with us to trade the ship itself, though I'm not sure just how much fuel we have atm and don't want to waste too much of our stockpile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

Watching the warp-smith become devoured by a torpedo-shark, Vatra had to hold in his snicker as to not give the others the wrong impression. But inside he couldn't help but find humor in a Chaos space marine being killed off by the wildlife. Especially moments after they had defeated a plague marine and company. Still, the war band becoming weaker with the loss was somewhat alarming. Every last shred of strength they had on this world would be necessary to make it off and to face more worthy conquests. The apostate spent the week traveling to Kanro talking with the crew, gaining trust and discovering what he could of the workings of the crew, information that would no doubt be useful in the future.

So busy it's stupid but I'll try to get a post in every couple of days, forgive my lack of effort post because I really just want to go to sleep for the next 48 hours or so. I'll spend my 500 XP (250 banked from last time) once I get a minute to crack my books.

• Locked thread