Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus of Iocanthos

This was not the first time this had happened to Victus.

As his memory slowly awoke, the visions in his mind - for they were no longer dreams, warped as they were by the whispers of all the Dark Gods - took him back to all of those times in his previous life.

They tested him at the Eversor Temple. Often. They would place him in cryogenic sleep, hypnotize him, and place thoughts in his mind. Thoughts that did not belong to him. Thoughts that told him to forever obey the Corpse Emperor, to remain a slave to him, to fight for the Imperium, to slay the enemies of the Imperium. All throughout it, the shred of him as a child that remembered what it was to be free cried out in torture, cried out in pain. They attempted to kill Victus and make him into yet another obedient slave of the Corpse God's. But now, going back to that vision in his head, instead of the words they pumped into him to make him obedient, he now heard the whispers of the Dark Gods.

"...kill, kill, KILL, KILL!!!!! Slake your blade with their blood!..."
"...take pleasure in the dance, the joy of combat, the screams of your enemies delighting your every swing..."
"...drain their life's blood to prepare them to receive my benevolent gifts so that more disease may be born..."
"...always stay a step or two ahead of the Corpse Guide by trusting in me, trusting in my plans..."

As his visions turned towards his inevitable plummet through orbit, crashing down near an enemy encampment so that he might awaken and slaughter them all, Victus' eyes bolted wide open at last.

This was not the first time he was on an Ork ship, but it was certainly the first time he did not remember how he got there.

Toughness Check: Success! - http://orokos.com/roll/215070

Shrugging off the violent trip through the Warp, Victus began to look around. While taking inventory of his surroundings, he checked his person. The Bolt Pistol he had taken as a trophy from an Imperial Commissar the moment he turned towards the favor of the Dark Gods was missing, but he was not distraught. He did not trust a Bolt Pistol in the fury of melee combat, instead relying on years of instinct and honed reflexes to rend his foes limb from limb - it would not be missed. He looked at his chainsword. That was his pride and joy - he requested it upon his "promotion" for his training to become an Eversor, and its fine blade never failed to deliver the torrents of blood that pleased Khorne so. Its state was disappointing to say the least, but it was still far better than the chainsword they gave to line sergeants.

He revved it a few times. The loud din and roar of the engine pleased him greatly, and he looked around for the nearest target to tear asunder. He could not see a target, but he could hear battle nearby. There was great joy to be had very soon...

Looking around, he took stock of his companions. A Heretek would be incredibly useful - he knew that Red Priests of Mars wielded exceptional gifts and powers, but when exposed to the gifts of Chaos their great and terrible experiments and knowledge rendered them truly awe-inspiring. The fact that this one was devoted to Khorne made him all the more interesting to Victus - he knew he might some day be able to create for him a weapon of truly staggering power for an individual as gifted in combat as he.

As for his other companion, Victus both thanked and cursed the providence of the Chaos Gods. A Sorceror was a truly powerful ally to have, especially one dedicated to Tzeentch. But that was precisely the problem, too. Standing on this Ork ship with both a Khornate and a Tzeentchian could cause problems. Victus was no leader, but he would endeavor to show them that by dedicating themselves to the idea of Chaos Undivided, regardless of their loyalties, would enable them to extract a gruesome toll on these Orks and, hopefully, a bloody vengeance against the Corpse God for his lies and deception.

He turned towards his companions.

"...Blessings of the Dark Gods upon you. If you can find something of use here, please do so. My *ahem* talents lie elsewhere. To that end, I suggest we go kill some Orks."

Not even bothering to make those lore checks - I don't have the skills or the intelligence to make them, and all Victus probably cares about is finding something to kill. If there's a half-decent Choppa nearby that can be used by a human though, he'll definitely appropriate that.

pre:
Name: Victus of Iocanthos
Archetype: Renegade (+3 WS, +3 BS)
Pride: Grace (+5 Ag, -5 BS)
Disgrace: Wrath (+5 Per, -2 WP, -1 Wound)
Motivation: Violence (+5 CP, -3 Int)
Alignment: Chaos Undivided

WS	58	 (+20+3+10)
BS	28	 (+5+3-5)
S	50	 (+15+10)
T	35	 (+10)
Ag	60 	 (+20+5+10)
Int	27	 (+5-3)
Per	40	 (+10+5)
WP	33	 (+10-2)
Fel	30 	 (+5)

Wounds: 14
Infamy 15
Corruption 10

Skills:
Athletics
Awareness
Dodge+10
Parry
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)
Common Lore (War)
Common Lore (Imperial Guard)
Common Lore (Administratum)
Operate (Surface)
Intimidate
Stealth
Medicae
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Trade (Chymist)

Talents: 
Jaded - Terrifying but natural occurrences are all OK: Terrors of the Warp still a bit of a problem, though
Quick Draw - Can draw and ready weapon as a free action
Rapid Reload - Halves all reloading times
Weapon Training (Chain, Flame, Las, Primary, Power, SP) - Self-explanatory
Weapon Training (Bolt) - Self-explanatory
Catfall - Reduce distance of all falls by # of meters equal to Agility bonus: +20 to Acrobatics test if used to reduce falling damage
Sure Strike - When making a called shot in melee, can reduce the penalty by 10
Disarm - Full action to disarm foes with opposed WS test. If three or more degrees of success, weapon is taken
Ambidextrous - Can use either hand equally well - reduces penalties for attacking with two weapons
Swift Attack - Score an additional melee hit for each two degrees of success beyond the first
Precise Blow - When making a called shot in melee, can reduce the penalty by 10 (combined with Sure Strike, at no penalty)
Hard Target - When performing Charge or Run, opponents suffer -20 BS to hit
Preternatural Speed - Doubles speed when charging: that's right, the distance of my charge is 36.
Two-Weapon Wielder - Can attack with both weapons at a penalty
Blade Dancer - Can attack with both weapons at a further reduced penalty
Step Aside- Can Dodge/Parry twice in one round

Traits: 
Quick and the Dead
Unremarkable

Special Abilities:

Adroit (WS) - Extra degree of success scored whenever a successful check is rolled for this stat.

Equipment
Good Craftsmanship Chainsword
Slightly Damaged Carapace Armor (6 Body, 3 Everywhere else)

Experience 6000/6000
Weapon Skill +10 (500)
Swift Attack (500) (Khorne)
Precise Blow (500) (Slaanesh)
Hard Target (500) (Slaanesh)
Agility +10 (500)
Strength +10 (500) (Khorne x2)
Preternatural Speed (750) (Slaanesh)
Two-Weapon Wielder (500)
Blade Dancer (750)
Step Aside (750)
Weapon Training (Power) (250)

Mutations:
Illusion of Normalcy

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Victus weighs the words of the Heretek - the fact that he is dedicated to Weapons of War means that someday, he might be able to have him forge a mighty weapon indeed, one worthy of his skill and desire to free the common man from the shackles of the Imperium.

As it stood though, all he was doing was standing on an Ork ship looking rather blankly at the situation around him. Delusions of grandeur and martial conquest would have to wait.

It was at that moment that the ship buckled with unbridled psychic energy. Looking towards the Sorceror, Victus saw the cause - it looked as if he was attempting to do something with his bolter. Judging from the effect, he was failing miserably. Before he could react, Victus recoiled from the shock of the blow.

Victus' health is now 9/14. He's a little over 1/3 of the way dead and he hasn't even gotten into combat yet...

"Watch yourself, Sorceror. While I am quite surprised that the Khornate takes no offense, to nearly kill me without giving me the opportunity to whet the appetite of my blade would be a great disappointment to me... And the Chaos Gods. I too, hope that you feel remorse for what happened."

Seeing the wall of water, though, definitely gives him some pause before he bolts like the maniac that he is towards higher ground.

+20 Athletics test against base 50, modified 70: 33 - 3 DoS?

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Looking at the Khornate from the side of his mask, Victus weighed this approach carefully against the other approach he had in mind. The Orks seemed to be legitimately confused as to what they were doing here, and even thought they might be slaves. However, he didn't count on the Mekboy being fooled for that long - the Ork already noticed that one of their companions was a Space Marine and the Orks were never very keen on engaging in diplomacy when there was a good fight to be had. Also, they might figure out that they're the cause of the sinking ship AND the broken power generator. Victus wasn't exactly confident in his ability to bluff his way out of the situation.

Besides, the vessel was sinking. If the Orks engaged first and lived to tell about it, they might very well have a good story to tell about fighting to the death on a sinking ship.

Without a word, Victus kicked himself into high gear. He had trained for years to rip enemies to shreds without a moment's hesitation. Identifying the biggest threat to his melee prowess, the Kommando, he decided that he would attempt to take him out before he could even lift his Choppa. With any luck, Victus could take his Choppa and unleash his full potential against the remaining Mekboy.

The thought brought a smile to his face.

I am making a Charge against the Kommando. He is well within range because Preternatural Speed allows me to Charge at my Run speed, which is 36. My total WS for this action is 83 (58 base, +5 WS from Good Quality weapon, +20 Charge). Any ranged attack the Mekboy might make against me this turn is at a -20 penalty from Hard Target.

Damage is 1d10+7 (2 base, 5 Strength bonus)

Since I added all of those qualifiers, watch the roll fail!

Initiative is 12

pre:
WS     BS     S      T      Ag     Int    Per    WP     Fel  
58     28     50     35     60     27     40     33     30

Wounds: 9/14    Infamy: 1/1    Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+8
Movement: 6/12/36/36

SB: 5  TB: 3
Awareness: 40
Dodge: 70
Parry: 63 (Good Quality Chainsword)

Armour: Body 6, all else 4

Weapons: 
Good Quality Human Chainsword: One-handed melee: 1d10+2R; Pen 2; Balanced, Tearing

Special Abilities:

Noteworthy combat traits: 
Adroit (+1 DoS on all WS checks)
Quick and the Dead (+2 to Initiative)

Combat talents:
Jaded, Quick Draw, Rapid Reload, Sure Strike, Disarm, Ambidextrous, Swift Attack, 
Precise Blow, Hard Target, Preternatural Speed, Two-Weapon Wielder, Blade Dancer, Step Aside.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Aug 21, 2014

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Death Roll is 4. Still alive, but barely.

Bad. Bad. Very bad. Very, very stupid. This was a Kommando, after all, not a screaming Guardsman. The arm's useless for a bit... How to extract yourself from this situation? Quick. QUICK!

Pick up the chainsword. Good thing your other hand is just as good as the bad one. Follow those two. RUN. Run as fast as you can after them.

An odd thought crossed his mind. He decided that with nothing better to do (and to cover his escape), it might as well be worth it.

"I am fast, Ork, but clearly not strong enough to compete with the likes of you." Victus declares, blood and vomit guttering from his mouth. "Tell your story of how you have beaten me to near bloody death on a sinking sink, only to let me go so that one day we might have an ever better fight. Maybe on an exploding space hulk or a field of battle covered with the blood of a thousand foes. Today, you are the biggest, strongest Ork. But someday, I will come back for you. And I will not be so weak."

As quickly as he leapt into battle, Victus makes his escape after his comrades into the launching tube. He'd never live this down... If he lived through this at all. A prayer to the Dark Gods rushed through his mind. He felt like an abject failure, and would surely be rewarded as such unless he somehow managed to curry the favor of one of them in his foolish attempt to prove himself.

pre:

Wounds: -5/14    Infamy: 1/1    Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+8

Parry: 63 (Good Quality Chainsword)

Weapons: 
Good Quality Human Chainsword: One-handed melee: 1d10+2R; Pen 2; Balanced, Tearing

Special Abilities:

Blood Loss (10% chance to just up and die from blood loss on my turn)

Combat talents:
Jaded, Quick Draw, Rapid Reload, Sure Strike, Disarm, Ambidextrous, Swift Attack, 
Precise Blow, Hard Target, Preternatural Speed, Two-Weapon Wielder, Blade Dancer, Step Aside.
Yup. Werix was right. That certainly was the stupid train. Last stop, Idiots-Charging-Into-Battlesville. Had no idea the Kommando was that good at combat, and on top of it I was too used to Deathwatch where even if you make a BEEEG mistake like that, your TB and Armor generally insulate you (literally) from bad decisions. Hopefully I'll live and the lesson will be learned. The only things that saved my life were Adroit and Dat Dodge. Without them, I would be super-dead as opposed to half-dead. Kai, this is Black Crusade :suicide:.

I'm assuming because the chainsword is on the ground next to me, I could probably Quick Draw pick it up as a free action and then make a full action to run like hell out of there. I really do hope I'm faster than that Ork, and that Hard Target comes into play to save my life yet again.

Otherwise, we're leaving the sword and getting out of there. My life's way more important. As much as it would be fun to push my luck and try to kill him in a round, I'm already into Criticals, could end up dying even after I kill them, and can't take another hit. Discretion really is the better part of valor.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Very fair. I'll take it.

Death Roll, please... And it's a 3!

Victus

Struggling titanically to climb the tube, despite his blood loss, Victus finally splays himself out on the ground when he gets to the landing. Realizing that he has just escaped - with his life no less - he also acknowledges that he is on the brink of death.

drat it all... The bleeding won't stop... If he doesn't get some form of real aid soon, he's going to bleed out... He does have training in Medicae, but he simply lacks the intellect to have an intricate understanding of just what to do in this situation. Victus flashes back to some of his visions for a moment, before returning to reality.

"Khornate!" he bellows, despite the injury. "I am Victus of Iocanthos, one of the last free scions of a world long subject to the will of the Corpse Emperor. I apologize for my foolishness, but as you can see I bear the cost and consequences of my idiotic attempt at surprise when disengagement was an option."

Not wanting to offend the Chaos Gods, he bellows once more before falling quiet "KHORNE!!! I have failed to deliver you a skull, but as you see my blood issues forth, a tribute to you, as the price of my failure. I only wish to continue serving you and the rest of the Chaos Gods and seek to live to atone for my failings..."

Victus falls silent in contemplation of what could very well be his inevitable demise.

I'd make the Medicae Test (in fact, the roller will show that I at least rolled once before realizing that I might not be able to perform the test on myself) as I am the only person capable of using Medicae in this group (aside from Opifex), but I might not be able to - I don't have a rulebook on hand to check the skill listing. Regardless, I made my Death Roll check and I succeeded... For now.

If Werix is willing, I will provide my medicae kit and Assist Gozer in stopping my blood loss with the Medicae test.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 22, 2014

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

After hearing the mighty words of the Sanguinary Smith, Victus expects there to be some sort of dramatic effect.

There isn't.

"Well, Khornate." Victus coughs up some more blood. "You gave it a good try... For that, you have my thanks."

Victus takes his medicae kit out. He didn't really have the knowledge to understand the intricacies of it, but his life depended on it - he would give it a drat good try.

HOLY BALLS - Medicae Check at TN 37 (Base 27 Int, -10 Situation, +20 Kit) SUCCESS OF 22!!!

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 22, 2014

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Now he was... Not on death's door? As he contemplated it, Victus distinctly remembers going on a path of pride to foolish confidence to dying to near death to suddenly not dying and finally all the way to standing.

He had never been grateful as a Guardsman when the medics healed him after he carved through free people with reckless abandon. To him, it always felt like they kept sending him out to do their dirty work, be their weapon, and come back home so they could do it all again. The medics patching him up always felt like a sour reward at the end of a joyous day's work, their clinical treatment of him as a reward for helping to suppress yet another rebellion always turned the sweet taste of killing to ash in his mouth.

After nearly dying to one hit from a Kommando as the result of his own stupidity and crawling on top of this rock to die, only to live, his perspective on the reward of good medical care began to change dramatically.

"Warpsmith, they call you." Victus states "I call you Miracle-worker and Favored of the Dark Gods! I am truly grateful for your assistance. I must confess that although I am skilled at using a medicae kit, I lack the understanding and knowledge to use it appropriately. Since I see you have already worked great deeds to further the objectives of Our Dark Lords with it, I give it to you as a sign of respect, thanks, and favor."

Victus couldn't help but feel like something was missing though. Like he had lost a part of himself somewhere in that past scuffle. He needed to think about what he lost somewhere, and the sound of a chainsword was soothing and thought-provoking to him. He immediately reached to his side to grab it and start revving it to help ease his mind.

"That's odd... My sword should be there!" he thought to himself. Could one of his companions, while he was laying there in blood-soaked agony have taken it?! "Which of you..." he began to roar, but his memory halted his shout. He had lost it to that infernal Ork! The one that he swore to kill one day! The damnable greenskin had taken it as a trophy nearly as quickly as he tried to take his life.

Rage and embarrassment were the only two emotions running through his mind.

Scratch that, it was just embarrassment now at what he had to do next.

Finishing his previous statement on a quieter note, "Which of you... has a melee weapon that I can use? I must confess that although I can shoot a gun, I am nowhere near as skilled with a gun as I am with a sword. And to my earlier companions, I can promise that I will not attempt to use it in vain foolishness that will only result in death and folly, mostly of my own."

He then remembered what Gozer had just said. "Oh, and Gozer - I really do think that I ought to follow your plans, this one in particular."

Making a Stealth Check at TN 60 to hide the inside mega-krab-shrimp-thinger is a success of 30! Also, many thanks to Waci for helping me to recover from a nearly terminal case of the stupids.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Aug 28, 2014

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Before stepping into the giant shrimp-like creature, Victus took stock of his surroundings for just a moment before realizing something.

There was fog everywhere.

Such fog might make it a bit easier to hide in, actually.

Looking around, he noticed that one of the Chaos Space Marines vacated a crate. Considering the carnage that was beginning around him, Victus decided that hiding in a place no one else was might just be the best course of action for him...

Stealth Check: 17 rolling against an adjusted 70. Just try finding me with with 5 DoS, scum!

Initiative Check: 10. lovely for having such a high initiative bonus, but that's about the nadir of what I can roll.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Victus is staying put. No point in breaking stealth when the opportunity to attack isn't quite right... Maybe if that skimmer comes a bit closer, then he can leap onto it. Besides, he learned his lesson - let other people take the heat first, then carve into the enemy when they're weak and not expecting you!

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus
Acrobatics Check - TN 80 for the time to prepare: SUCCESS.

Looking at the skimmer nearby, now was his time to act. Victus stood up, and decided that he needed to take care of those idiots on that skimmer once and for all. Jumping up over the crate...

Acrobatics Check: 45. I'm rolling against base 60, so even if there's a -10 modifier for moving in obstructed terrain I still succeed.

Victus begins to rush towards the fools on the skimmer. He would quickly dispatch of the one before turning his filgree gaze upon the other for the killing!

I am making a Half-move, if possible, to go in a straight line towards the guy manning the harpoon gun on the skimmer. If I can make it there in a half-move, I will use my other half action to make a Swift Attack against him. Even though I'm using a bad weapon, the fact that he's surprised is going to really help push me over the top.

If I cannot make it there in a half-move, then I Charge, if possible, and make an attack against the guy manning the harpoon gun.

Also, if I need to make an Acrobatics check for my horizontal jump... 9. I make it, needless to say.

pre:

Wounds: 5/14    Infamy: 1/1    Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+8

Parry: 58 (Poor Quality Power Sword, but Balanced!)

Weapons: 
Poor Quality Human Power Sword (-10 to WS checks using it) 1d10+10 (+5 base, +5 ST) Pen 5, Power Field, Balanced)

Special Abilities:

Combat talents:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Watching the arm fly off, Victus grins to himself. Now he felt powerful again!

Just as he was reveling in that feeling, however, he hears gunfire from a stub pistol hit a surface next to him, but missing him completely.

Victus turns his head slowly towards the remaining scum on the boat.

Today was not that poor scumbag's day. But first, Victus would make him regret shooting at him...

Alright, here we go. If he's more than 4 meters away from me, I Charge him to make an attack. If he's less than 4 meters from me, I take a Half-Move and make a Standard Attack.

pre:

Weapons: 
Poor Quality Human Power Sword (-10 to WS checks using it) 1d10+10 (+5 base, +5 ST) Pen 5, Power Field, Balanced)

Special Abilities:

Combat talents:
Edit: Changed my attack action based on what was said in the OOC thread.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 12, 2014

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Hopping off of the boat and rejoining the warband, Victus grins beneath his mask. After that pitiful fight against the Ork in which he barely survived, it was good to slice through two ingrates. The sword may have been of terrible quality, but he certainly put it to good use.

"I am Victus of Iocanthos, warriors. It is a pleasure to meet others devoted to the Dark Gods." He noticed, however, that he was in the company of a Word Bearer all of a sudden. To him, Victus turned and genuflected most gracefully.

"And a distinct honor to meet one such as yourself, Word Bearer. You bring the truth of Chaos Undivided to the Galaxy so that the true heretics will understand why, in their dying breaths and feeble protests to the Corpse Emperor, it must burn. I shall endeavor to speed their communion with the Dark Gods by my swords."

Victus then looked around at the deck. "Speaking of which, would it be possible for me to find any decent swords around here? I must confess that I feel half-naked without a second sword, and I daresay that without one I am unable to reach my full potential in hand-to-hand combat."

Seeing the Ork contraption fly through the sky, Victus took the opportunity to inform the gathered warriors what it contained. "That... thing more than likely has a Mekboy and a Kommando on board. I crossed swords with them once... And found myself distinctly outmatched and shamed. While I would relish the chance to redeem myself and make him suffer my wrath, I suspect they might also be searching for a way off of this world. That might be a more useful lead to follow rather than my personal quest."

Searching for another melee weapon on this ship.
Fixed my drat XP costs. Nothing new to see here for the 250XP, folks.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 18, 2014

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Surprised by the politeness, Victus can't help but aid him.

"By chance when we're done with this, could you help me too?" he says, gesturing to his still-extant wounds.

What are the rolls I need to make to aid another, or is it automatically a success?

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Victus grinned again. Looking back on his fellow heretics, he knew that while he could help to dispatch the Nurglite by aiding the Word Bearer, there were none in the group that were as fast as he was. The speed of Slaanesh combined with the strength of Khorne flowed through his body and empowered him in ways that even Chaos Undivided would approve of. These two traits, in league with his natural skill with a weapon, would spell doom for those trying to warn the so-called Father Plaga.

Launching himself through the air at an unnatural speed at one of them, Victus would send these minions to meet Father Nurgle far sooner than He expected.

Charging the mooks running to warn Father Plaga via vox-caster. With a charge of 36, I don't think they can run away from me very well. Despite the -10 to the poor quality weapon, the +20 from the charge and +20 to hit with WS that you're giving us for hitting them should make up for it.

pre:
58     28     45     35     60     27     40     33     30

SB: 4  TB: 3

Weapons: 
Poor Quality Human Power Sword (-10 to WS checks using it) 1d10+9 (+5 base, +4 ST) Pen 5, Power Field, Balanced)

Special Abilities:

Combat talents:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Fear Check vs. 43: 38!. It's a pass, but barely.

Dodging the blast (albeit narrowly), Victus thanks the Dark Gods for this mild bit of providence, seeing as how he was a little lacking in it when he made his first stupid charge. He was gladdened by the presence of his comrades this time, though, and he quickly realized that the reason why they were there this time was because he made a smart decision.

Another one suddenly occurred to Victus. Thanks to Erika's... uncharacteristic generosity (not that he was complaining about it!), he had a Power Sword. In front of him was a so-called 'traitor' human dedicated to Nurgle. Regardless of the fact that he had the right idea to worship the Dark Gods, he had the wrong idea to oppose their warband. And a Power Sword, regardless of quality, was an excellent tool to cut down any who opposed them.

On top of that, the Nurglite had not one but two Space Marines to contend with. After Victus' painful learning experience, he realized that he should never engage someone one-on-one.

Engaging three-on-one, however, is fair game especially since he had a little advantage to help negate any armor...

I am Charging the Nurgle DUDE engaged with Zegasi and Bazroth. WS should be 48 + 20 (charge) + 20 (for ganging up 3-on-1) for a total of 88.

This will probably go as poorly as the last attempt, given our luck. But this is more of an effort to give the two guys currently engaging him an additional +10, because if Zegasi hits it is probably all over for him (DAT FORCE SWORD).

pre:

Weapons: 
Poor Quality Human Power Sword (-10 to WS checks using it) 1d10+9 (+5 base, +4 ST) Pen 5, Power Field, Balanced)

Special Abilities:

Combat talents:
Cue Yakety Sax.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 29, 2014

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Awareness Check at -10 vs. TN 30 = 76.

Finding nothing of any real value, nonetheless Victus strides up to the Sanguinary Smith and takes his Power Axe in his other hand. The act of finally having two weapons in hand prompts Victus to commemorate the occasion.

"With this sword, Erika, I shall grant our foes the swift and artful death that Slaanesh desires. With this axe, Gozer, I shall spill the blood and collect the skulls that Khorne so covets. Through me, both gods shall have their just rewards. Through us, this so-called 'Father' Plaga will know that none can stand in the way of Chaos Undivided. Let us prepare this killing ground for our unholy sacraments and enable our foes to seek communion with the Dark Gods by offering us their lives!"

As he says this, Victus flicks the weapons from one hand to the other, getting used to the weight and balance of both. Up until now, he had practically been fighting their foes with one hand tied behind his back. With this second weapon, he could finally reach his true potential in physical combat. That is, of course, provided that he does not die first - he is still weak from the earlier encounter with the Ork and is distinctly aware that a head-on assault will probably get him focused on and killed. He would need to use the Space Marines as a spearhead, and once they had broken the enemy lines he would need to reveal himself and tear them apart from the inside out.

To do this, Victus needed to find a good hiding spot and ambush point first...

I'm currently going to try to either find a good ambush spot or create a decent hiding place. If I can use that to take out a big guy or two in a round, that will be good. I can take the drug and it will help me to carve through people with massive strength and be able to shrug off most injuries, but just as a reminder with my TB I will have three good rounds - after that I am going to be totally and utterly hosed. If our enemies are still standing by then, there is a drat good chance that I will die horribly. It might be better used by a SPESS MEHREEN whose TB is high enough that it could conceivably last for the entire combat.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 4, 2014

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Stealth Test! I'm dreading it. Let me know what modifiers you'll put into it for me being in a pile of dead bodies and all of my Chaos bros causing a rather loud distraction. Rolling... 38 vs. Base 60. That's at least 3 DoS, according to the new DH rules.

Initiative Roll: 10?. Miserable, but still higher than our opponents (in other words, I can live with that).

Hiding under a pile of dead bodies certainly takes Victus back. Using corpses as part of a ruse was a trick he learned as a child to escape the adults or take them by surprise. Stupidly, the villages would send adults one-by-one to hunt him down thinking themselves superior to a child, only to be cut down. Except back then, he used their bodies as a distraction by leaving valuables on them to distract their attention when he fell on them. Sometimes he used the corpses of animals to hide in to take them by surprise as well.

Either way, he hoped to achieve the same result here. Even so, the situation was not remotely near what he experience in his childhood. Then, they sent one normal adult after him at a time, maybe two. Here, they had two humans that were as tall as two men, a stinking plague lord, and a horde of mewling men eager to seek favor.

Hiding was definitely the best option here.

Victus would stay put and wait for the plan to be put in motion. Charging out now would get him smashed and torn to pieces. Once the horde was thinned out, the ogryn weakened, and Plaga distracted... Then he would show them the error of their ignorance.

That Heavy Bolter though... he hoped his allies could thin out the horde and the Ogryn quickly. The longer Plaga was allowed to fire that monstrosity, the worse it would be for them. Victus was not eager to buy a reprieve in its report with his life, though he knew that getting in Plaga's face would prevent him from using it.

He also knew, of course, to attack now would be suicide.

Again, he stayed still and silent, watching the battle from under the stink of fools.

pre:

Weapons: 

Special Abilities:

Combat talents:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Screw this. His allies were getting injured and dying. The ogryn were nearly dead and decidedly tied up. The horde would hopefully be dispatched soon. And that arrogant fat man with the heavy bolter was taking great mirth at everything, confident in his own success.

Victus didn't care anymore. Khorne demanded blood and skulls. He would probably be joined shortly by his allies, thus negating any potential danger. He might still die, but what he would buy with his life! He could ensure the lives of his friends and allies and still manage to live to tell the tale.

He roared.

"PLAGA!!!" he boasted, emerging forth from the pile of corpses with both weapons held in his hands. "Your confidence in your children, your anger in our sacrifice of their worthless hides, and your foolishness in walking into this trap shall be your end! Your skull shall adorn the Skull Throne, your cries of anguish shall ring pleasurably through the ears of Slaanesh, the great Tzeentch shall see his plan come to fruition, and your essence will return to Grandfather Nurgle. I am Victus of Iocanthos, and I am an instrument of Chaos Undivided and with this warband, one of the arbiters of your failure."

Victus charged the mighty Plague Lord, ready to provide the distraction needed for Lucius to come and put an end to this mirthful fat man.

pre:

Weapons: 
Borrowed Gozerian Power Axe      Melee   —    1d10+9E (+5 base, +4 ST)    Pen 0         unbalanced

Special Abilities:

Combat talents:

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 16, 2014

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Nimbly stepping out of the way, Victus remarked to himself that getting hit with such a filthy sword was not going to be very good for his health. Noting out of the corner of his eye that his back-up was soon to arrive, Victus realized that this was not time for valor - this was a great time to continue delaying and letting the Plague 'Lord' attack dead air in a futile attempt to hit him while his compatriots caved Plaga's head in.

Victus smirked.

"Plaga, if you were as good with that sword as you were with that Bolter, I would most certainly be dead. Seeing as that I am alive, allow me to commend you on your diverse skills. Such skills may have won you the day, but now you will know failure and all your children shall die. In the end, you will know that it is not I who brought about your failure, but your own hubris and your flawed devotion to but a single Chaos God."

Victus looks to his right.

"Well, maybe not just your hubris. I think I see a few power swords coming your way and the arms behind them, I must confess, are stronger than my own. But that thing in your hand looks rather dangerous. I think I should free you of your obligation to it."

Victus rejoined the melee against Plaga in order to continue to distract him from the true threat coming his way. But instead of giving him the chance to defend himself, Victus would attempt to free the weapon from his grasp. Then he would be truly defenseless against the horrifying onslaught coming his direction.

I am Disarming Plaga (and is there a bonus for using two weapons for the action?) Don't forget that if I actually succeed, Adroit gives me more DoS! Should I fail and he manages to land an attack on me and my Dodge fails, I will use an Infamy point to reroll my Dodge.

pre:

Weapons: 
Borrowed Gozerian Power Axe      Melee   —    1d10+9E (+5 base, +4 ST)    Pen 0         unbalanced

Special Abilities:

Combat talents:

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 21, 2014

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Gazing at the fallen Plague Marine, who was so smug and confident in his triumph, Victus couldn't help but notice the trophy taking. Although he didn't do any real damage compared to the other Heretics, it felt wrong to not partake of the spoils...

Victus is going to search around for any icons representing Nurgle - he might be interested in taking such iconography from higher-level servants of the individual Dark Gods in the interests of making a item extolling and exhorting the banner of Chaos Undivided - and failing that, he's just going to be a copycat and take a hand as well.

He turned to Gozer. "I thank you for the continued use of this axe in the name of the Dark Gods. Rest assured that I will return it to you in times of need and when I have procured a more suitable replacement." He then noticed Erika. "The same applies to you, Pirate Princess. This is your item still, and should you be able to barter it away for something of higher quality at the next trading port I will return it to you. The Gods and I both know you are better at haggling than me."

Victus couldn't help but eye the Plague Knife that would have almost certainly disemboweled him with a single hit. He thought to reach for it, then noticed Lucius pocket it away. At that moment, it dawned on Victus that someone in the service of Great Father Nurgle is the only acceptable wielder of a plague knife - misfortune would certainly visit him should he possess it.

The thought of having the knife perished in his mind. He would continue to be reliant on the rest of his allies to gain weaponry in the future, it would seem.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

For the first four days of the week, Victus did what seemed most natural to him.

He waited.

His old training had taught him some psychosomatic conditioning, and with that training he relived his moment of failure.

Charging an Ork head on? With just one sword and some tattered armor? The fool's errand had nearly got him killed. True, he did hope that his comrades would have been as equally as exultant to engage in such combat, but they had no taste for suicide or battle-lust. He counted the numerous flaws in his plan that went completely against every aspect of his training. To an Eversor, head-on attacks were not what you engaged in. Surprise, with extreme prejudice were what you engaged in. His plan and equipment satisfied neither condition.

But he thought about his successes too. The fight against Plaga, despite the wounds he afflicted to some of the warband, was an extreme success in terms of leveraging his abilities and executing a plan. He had achieved surprise and engaged Plaga without mercy, preventing him from unleashing more bolter-fire and forcing His Corpulent Excess into melee. Even though he had that awful knife, he lacked the speed to catch Victus and he wasted enough of Plaga's time that the warband could surround him and murder him.

On the fifth day, Victus awoke. He knew what he was lacking in and what he might need should his equipment remain in such poor condition and should they ever engage Nurglites again.

He trained, but not with his weapons. Instead, he conditioned his body. He sought to emulate the tirelessness of the traitor marines, the unyielding nature of the Orks, and the tenacity of the loyalists. Victus could avoid most blows, but if he could not take a hit then his entire career, his entire vision of someday becoming a champion of Chaos Undivided could be ended with one lucky blow from one lucky Ork. Just like it almost was...

On the final day, he sought Bazroth. Praying to the Chaos Gods together and seeking their guidance to free humanity from the shackles of the Emperor seemed a good way to pass the time. Perhaps together they might take relics and trophies from various Chaos champions to create a powerful banner exonerating the limitless might of the Dark Gods.

Spending 250XP (now that I actually have it) to take Toughness +5 to increase my total Toughness to 40. Yay one more point of damage soak!

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 7, 2014

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus - Way behind everyone else

Ugh...

Victus came to back in the cargohold of their ship. Ravaged packs of lho-sticks and tatters of porno magazines lay strewn about the ship as if some unholy Khornate/Slaaneshi cross demon angrily searched through them shouting "LHO FOR THE LHO GODS! PORNO FOR THE PORNOGRAPHIC THRONE!"

Clearly, he missed out on something amazing.

Nevertheless, Victus was determined to make the best of a bad situation, late to the party though he was. Gathering up the remaining porn and lho sticks, Victus felt that he could probably have a good time at the market and try to obtain all manner of sharp and nasty implements. He needed two blades, not one, though the one he had might not be so bad after all. Poor quality though it was, it was still a power weapon.

Alright, time for acquisitions. Victus is going to try to get the following things:

1. One NQ Chainsword. He knows where he can get a better one, but he might be a little reluctant to try to obtain it by force after the last time. (Base 15, +0 Quality, +10 Availability, +10 Single = 35)

2. Repairs for his Carapace Armor. He already has a complete set on him, it just needs to be fixed. No idea how you would want to roll for that, but my Infamy is 15 if that helps.

3. One NQ Power Sword. We're reaching here, I know. To do this, he'd be willing to try to trade in Erika's Power Sword to get it. If I can't get a NQ Power Sword, then I won't be trading it in and will continue to hold onto Erika's bad piece of metal for the time being. Base Infamy is 15, modified by Tzeentch knows what for the trade-in.

After his [successful/unsuccessful] shopping trip, Victus feels rather [pleased/disappointed] with the results. Strolling down the streets of Kanro, he happens to walk into a bar called The Drunk Shark...

Alright, frajaq. We'll take your bait. Maybe my character will live to see through it this time! If it helps, I am decidedly not going to attack first this time, if at all. It's Erika's situation to control and do with what she'll please. I'm just back-up in case things go south. I'll be more than happy to exchange pleasantries with the Ork this time, though. And by pleasantries I actually mean words, not swords.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Taking Erika's glare into consideration, he nods deeply. "Indeed, Ork. You have bested me before in open combat, which tells me first that you're bigger and second that you are tougher. I've no desire to meet an early grave like this..."

Victus looks at the dead Space Marine body next to him, and gives the dead head a small kick.

"This idiot right here. My last near-death experience with you taught me that I rather enjoy living, thank you very much. But how can I put it in terms that you would respect?"

Victus ponders the question for a moment, trying to decide how he can put it in simple, yet violent terms.

"I like living because living allows me to keep killing people and keep having good fights. Besides, I don't imagine you'd let me live another day if we fought again and I lost..."

Just then, a strange thought occurred to him.

"Besides, together we can kill a lot more of these marines than we could by ourselves. And the more of us there are fighting, the bigger and better the fight, right?"

Victus looks at Erika. Hopefully she can see that through the skull mask, Victus' expression is trying to say "That was good enough, right?"

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Initiative: 14 My initiative is probably higher because I didn't count Gozer's bonuses and will be revised later. REVISION - Initiative is now 17. Base roll of 6 + 2 QatD + 1 CF + 8 Gozer = 17.

Still gotta make dat Fear test, even if what I rolled would've been retroactively snuffed (unless it's death. We're rolling to see if I die, basically). Fear @ TN 23: 41, so 2 DoF.

Shock roll - 53, so that's... Well, I'm lacking my rulebook at the moment and I'd really love to post instead, so I'll play it out and use the speech. 53 is not an insta-gib result anyway, and it looks like the ol' "Can't approach object of fear and make -10 to your checks" thing that Ronwayne posted. I can do that.

Looking upon the Daemon Engine, Victus felt nothing but pure dread and fear - he knew that if he approached it, his end would come upon him. Still though, he could not keep it out of his mind. No matter what he did, he felt that the engine was always on the periphery of his vision, always threatening him with death at any moment. The thought of such was simply too much for him to remain focuses on the task at hand which (from the looks of it) resembled more survival than it did fighting.

He looked down at his armor. Shiny and newly refreshed, he might be able to survive at least one more hit than he was able to previously against that Nob. Not that it mattered now - they were nominally on the same side. Regardless, he now possessed two weapons - the better to blend his enemies into paste with. He was not 100% of where he was before the Warp cast him out onto this planet, but the group he was with made him feel much more than that. Still, the ever gnawing fear on his mind from that engine...

...And then Bazroth spoke, and he spoke with such authority, such clarity, such power that it reminded him of the day he came into Chaos, came into the worship of all of the Dark Gods. He felt their presence through the laud hailer, and he felt their joy, mirth, pity, and hatred reverberate through the air. Khorne was certainly strong here, but either way he would get his blood. The subtle machinations of the other Gods through the warband, though, would certainly help them to spite Khorne today.

Looking up to Bazroth, Victus raised his swords in the air and crossed them, revving his chainsword like a madman. "For Chaos Undivided! FOR THE DARK GODS!!!!!!!!!!!!! he howled through the air. His mind was beginning to come unchained with hatred for these foolish servants - so unchained, a strange idea came upon him. Victus cast his glance at the Kommando Nob after his roar.

"Ork, do you know what's more fun than a fair fight?" Victus asked, but waited just a second or two for the Ork to comprehend the thought before Victus answered "An unfair fight. I get the sense that you can be pretty cunning and sneaky, and I can too. Why don't we hit them when they don't expect it? Their last thoughts will be about how clever we are as we knock out their teeth with our boots. If your boys aren't as inclined to knife-work as you and I are, then we can think of something to do while they fire non-stop."

"Oh, and that little knife of mine that you have? I'm getting the feeling that it might be a little more effective here in the presence of all of this blood. Feel free to use it if you need to. If you don't want it, I'll be more than happy to borrow it. I'll even give it back to you if we both live after this fight without you needing to kick my teeth out... Of course, we can have a proper fight over it again, if you want another go." Victus added, smiling.

I am not sure how we can do it, but I think that since Kommandos are sneaky and so am I, we should try to come up with a sneaky way to attack - maybe as part of a stealthily concealed second wave that can flank and gang up on individuals so we can curb-stomp them like a proper mob of hooligans.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jan 15, 2015

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

I'll lore up my actions afterwards, but for the sake of keeping things going, here's what I'll do.

I will Charge the Bloodletter fighting the Kommando Nob in the first round, attacking with both weapons. Since my charge is 36, this is eminently doable given my speed. The Chainsword should be against a TN of 88 (58 base + 20 Charge +10 Hatred) while the Power Sword will be against 78 (58 base + 20 Charge + 10 Hatred - 10 Poor Quality). The attack with the Power Sword will occur first, followed by the Chainsword.

In the following round, I will Feint to deny any possible reactions to my attacks. If the Bloodletter is out of reactions, ignore this. If it does come down to this though, do not forget that my selected characteristic for Adroit is WS. Once the feint contingency has been cleared, I will then make a Swift Attack with my Power Sword followed by more Swift Attack from my Chainsword. The TN for the Power Sword attacks should be 58 (58 Base + 10 Hatred - 10 Poor Quality) while the TN for the Chainsword should be 68 (58 Base + 10 Hatred).

Should the Bloodletter be dead in his tracks before the second round... I'm going to regret this, but I might actually get stuck in 'dere with the boyz. I am desperately going to try for Buddy-Cop Movie with the Kommando. Maybe proving that I'm as big and bad and as prone to violent as Orkz might actually win my chainsword back? In any case, I will do the same blendy-mulching thing to the Hounds attacking the Orkz and see how many I can kill. Or should I engage the Blood Slaughterer? Up to you guys. Infamy will be spent to reroll failed Parries/Dodges against the Bloodletter - those things will OHK me. For reactions against melee attacks, Parrying will be best. Otherwise, keep on dodgin'.

pre:
58     28     45     40     60     27     40     33     30

Wounds: 14/14    Infamy: 1/1    Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+8

SB: 4  TB: 4
Dodge: 70 (60 at Agility -10, so Parrying might be the better choice in this battle)
Parry: 68 (NQ Balanced Chainsword)

Armour: All 6 (Carapace)

Weapons: 
Poor Quality Human Power Sword (-10 to WS checks using it) 1d10+9E (+5 base, +4 ST) Pen 5, Power Field, Balanced)
Normal Quality Human Chainsword 1d10+9R (+2 Base, +4 SB, +2 Special) Pen 2, Tearing, Balanced, Devastating (1), PF Immunity (all thanks to Khorne Flakes!)

Special Abilities:

Combat talents:

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 26, 2015

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Though he heard Gozer's proclamation, Victus knew that his distraction was indeed useful - it gave the Nob just enough leeway to hit the Bloodletter critically, and definitely where it hurt.

That thought in and of itself was a momentary distraction, however. In front of Victus was one of the most fabled weapons known to the devotees of Chaos - the Hellblade of a Bloodletter.

Dark Gods be damned, he never thought he'd see such a beautiful blade in his life. Nevermind that he did not know how to wield it properly - its shimmering, beautiful edge inspired lust, greed, and a desire for power.

He would have it.

I am going to drop the lovely power sword as a Free action, pick up the Hellblade as a Half-Action, and make a Swift Attack as a Half-Action against the Bloodletter with the Chainsword first, followed by a Standard Attack with his Hellblade. The TN for Swift-Attacking with the Chainsword is still 68 (58 Base + 10 Hatred) and the TN for the Standard Attack with the Hellblade is 58 (58 Base - 20 Lack of Proficiency + 10 Hatred + 10 Standard Attack).

If you want to rule picking up the Hellblade as something more, let me know.

pre:

Dodge: 70 (60 at Agility -10, so Parrying might be the better choice in this battle)

Weapons: 
Poor Quality Human Power Sword (-10 to WS checks using it) 1d10+9E (+5 base, +4 ST) Pen 5, Power Field, Balanced)

Normal Quality Human Chainsword 1d10+9R (+2 Base, +4 SB, +2 Special) Pen 2, Tearing, Balanced, Devastating (1), 
PF Immunity (all thanks to Khorne Flakes!)

HELLBLADE!!! 1d10+10R (6 Base, 4 SB), Pen 10, Balanced, Power Field, SPESHUL ROOLZ (+2 for each kill scored)

Special Abilities:

Combat talents:

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 27, 2015

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

A little different than he expected, but he was glad to be done with the Bloodletter. It was simply an incredibly dangerous opponent.

Suddenly realizing the immense burden of leadership upon him now that the Orks, of all things, were looking to him for guidance, Victus let the moment course through him.

"You boys said you wanted a good fight? Well, nothing's more than taking down the biggest, baddest, bloodiest thing on this battlefield!" Gesturing towards the Blood Slaughterer with his Chainsword revving, Victus then shouted "LET'S SHOW THESE HUMANS HOW IT'S DONE!" and began to charge.

I am Charging the Blood Slaughterer with my Chainsword if it's out of range. If it's within range of my 6 Move, then I'm going to be making Swift Attacks with both weapons. The TN for charging should be... I hit it kind of automatically? Base 58 + 20 Charge + 30 Size = 108 for the Chainsword. Swift Attacking is 58 Base + 30 Size = 88 for the Chainsword, 78 for the Power Sword.

pre:

Weapons: 

Normal Quality Human Chainsword 1d10+9R (+2 Base, +4 SB, +2 Special) Pen 2, Tearing, Balanced, Devastating (1), 
PF Immunity (all thanks to Khorne Flakes!)

Special Abilities:

Combat talents:

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 2, 2015

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Looking at the various inscriptions on the ground left by warbands past (and some deluded Imperial lapdogs), Victus felt the urge to leave some mark of his passing as a sign of his existence, his continuing life against all odds, and to defiantly state their victory against steep odds. Merrily he revved his chainsword, but he did also realize that his Power Sword might also work well for such a task. Just as he was about to leave a mark, a strange thought seized him.

"Fellow devotees... We need to display a sign of our victory, but what should we call ourselves?" Victus cast his glance at Bazroth, the Word Bearer who rallied them from what could have been an utter defeat to victory and a fellow believer in Chaos Undivided. "I feel that the Word Bearer should name our warband so that all who come after us will know our name and our power. We should also come to an agreement on our united and sacred purpose. Now is as good as time as any, since we have a decision to make."

"Should you want my opinion, we should follow the Ork. Asphodel promises violence in great excess, but also the chance to plunder great relics. If the thought of pure violence on some backwater is too much, then I say we go through the mystery gate. Of the four, it is most likely to put us somewhere near the Imperium. Where there are Imperials, there are slaves waiting to be freed, blood that needs spilled, revenge waiting to be taken, and..." Victus says, looking again towards Bazroth "...People wanting to hear the True Gospel of the Dark Gods."

That's right y'all. I'm asking us to not only name our warband, but to also start thinking about a Compact that we might want to enter.

Edit: Added my opinions on our next destination.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 4, 2015

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Reading the rest of the warband's reactions, Victus knew that he would not sway any of them to go with the Orks to Asphodel. While the violence would be all too sweet, the warband seemed to want to enjoy the perils of politics, whether it was through pirate princes or scheming sorcerers.

It made no matter to Victus. A well-placed blade ended the lives of such deluded monarchs as easily as it ended the lives of Guardsmen, Orks, frail xenos, and others. Though plotting was not Victus' true skill, he did have one benefit compared to the enormous, bronzed figure who now constituted the major physical strength of the party - he was neither enormous, nor bronze, nor obviously a space marine and should he need to, Victus could just as easily pass as just one of many amongst the dregs of humanity. It is, after all, far harder to find one blade when it is hidden in a crowd.

Realizing that they would be parting shortly, Victus had come to admire the Kommando's brutal, yet cunning fighting style. After all, it had nearly killed Victus in just one fell blow and preserved the lives of every single Ork in the past battle - something that could not have been said for their castaways, although Victus did acknowledge that if the castaways had all been Orks, the battle may have been completely one-sided. Having read his dataslate during his time in the Astra Militarium, Victus knew that the strongest Orks were the biggest Orks, and the Kommando was truly the biggest among them. He also noted that they tended to carry poles with skulls on them. What they were for, Victus did not know - Ork culture was not really his forte - but if the Ork was striking out on his own then he needed to look like the Orks in the Tactica Imperialis.

Going around the battlefield, Victus scavenged the best-looking, longest spear that he could find, although it still looked like crap from the battle. Upon it he placed whatever skulls he could find with a particular emphasis on the Flesh Hounds of Khorne, for the Orks id a very good job annihilating this particular foe. Having finished his final service to the Orks who fought with them, Victus then walked up to the Kommando holding the pole.

"That was a good fight, Ork - I enjoyed fighting with you! As much as I want to, sadly it doesn't look like we'll be following you to Asphodel with the rest of the Orks... Though you have my chainsword to remember your victory over me, I want you to have this spear with the heads of those you defeated today to remember this battle. I've read that Orks Nobs carry these around and I noticed that you didn't have one - when you go to Asphodel, you'll want the Orks there to immediately know that you're the boss." Victus caught himself briefly, realizing that this Ork might prefer to be a bit more cunning "Of course, if that's a little too obvious, you can always take the skulls off the spear. After all, the holes made by the spear should make it a bit easier to run a bit of rope through them so you can hang them off your belt.".

Victus realized that he had one last request of the Ork.

"Ork, my name is Victus of Iocathos, the name of a man who fights for freedom and who fights for fun. What do they call you? I want to remember, should we ever run into each other again. Who knows? We might owe each other a good fight if we don't see each other for a while."

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

"Zurk Quiksnik, eh? Victus stated. Holding his old chainsword - albeit slightly Orkified - in his hands, Victus felt a little bit of joy and some sadness at their parting. "I'll remember your name, Ork. And, Chaos willing, we'll run into each other again. It appears, however, that I will probably have some more humans to kill in the future." Victus cracked a big grin upon his face at this thought. "I have a feeling that this sword is gonna chop em' up pretty good. I can't wait to get into a good fight with this thing - tell you what, from here on out, I'm going to call this sword the Quiksnikker, because it's going to chop humans like me up pretty quickly." Victus laughed loudly at this. "Goodbye, Zurk. Have some good fights for me." After saying that, Victus followed his own comrades into the portal to the Ragged Helix.

Took my Toughness Test. Ended up with a 68 for 3 DoF. I'm taking some nasty fatigue, but for the time being I'm going to hold onto my Infamy point to see how this all shakes down.

Hurtling through the warp, Victus closed his eyes to the onslaught of color, lest it burn out his eyeballs. Before he could though, the light triggered some long-lost programming for his early days of training...

Back...

Visions of their conquest over Plaga raced through his mind.

Back farther...

He relived the pain in his arm again from the Ork's blade and his near-death bleedout.

Even farther...

His discovery and rebirth on the battlefield by the Word Bearer echoed through his skull.

...Finally there!

He awoke in some sort of stasis pod, which Victus found odd because it clearly wasn't working that well. Then he realized that he had never had this memory before, that it was new to him.

"Is the subject awake?" a voice out of sight droned.

"Negative. Stasis in effect. Subject not awake. Subject's mind aware, however. Ready for programming." The previous voice had a glimmer of personality hidden behind its circuitry. This one, however, was rote in its diction and seemed to possess no emotion for the subject at hand.

"Excellent. We can begin the process of implanting the psychosomatic triggers necessary for the subject to reach optimal combat potential." The figure stepped into the light, the blood red of his robes giving away his identity almost as readily as his heavily-mechanized body. He then sighed. "I would have preferred it if they had given me the necessary funds and materials to perform the surgeries that I believe would truly optimize this subject and help him reach his peak potential, but that damnable Administratum lost the Eversor Temple's requisition forms. Their incompetence compounds daily, but I suppose that a genius like myself will have to make do with the materials at hand."

A different voice rang through the metal corridors, but it had no tinny qualities that rang false through the ears. It possessed a small measure of clarity, backed-up by a battle-hardened throat.

"I don't need perfect, Techpriest. I need something that will do the job against those damnable cultists. Everyone knows most Guardsman can't wield a chainsword to save their lives. I need something that can go through the hives and murder the lot of them in the bloodiest way possible"

"Ah," the scraping voice responded "Commander, you do realize that the way of blood reeks distinctly of Chaos, yes? Regardless, you shall have what you seek. The subject is, in all reality, a barely-contained cauldron of boiling fury. There is something distinctly..." the Techpriest's voice begins to trill excitedly ...Distinctly primal about our subject! Sadly others have been in this subject's mind before me in an attempt to civilize him and make him receptive to commands, orders, and the Emperor's Catechism. What I am doing is implanting psychosomatic triggers in the subject. Though it will take some time for him to become aware of what these triggers are - his mind is at odds with itself. He will eventually discover this so-called 'backdoor' into his primal fury and be able to utilize the triggers to revert himself to a more atavistic state." The Techpriest then uttered a tinny laugh. "Of course, it will be up to him in order to 'snap out of it' so to speak or to learn how to control this rage. Nevertheless, you shall have what you seek even if it isn't precisely what you were looking for!"

I am spending 250 XP on acquiring Frenzy and another 500 XP on acquiring Dodge +20. No XP left!

At the thought of this memory, Victus found this so-called 'backdoor' into his primal psyche. Part of his mind howled with joy at the prospect of rediscovering this part of itself. This state of mind would become incredibly useful in battle, though it might be at the cost of some of the castaways if he wasn't immediately successful at snapping out of it.

Arriving, albeit extremely tired, at the Pirate Prince's mansion, Victus stood behind Bazroth and Erika as they engaged the feasting hedonist. When prompted, Victus introduced himself.

"Prince, I am Victus of Iocanthos, the Mad Swordman and wielder of Quiksnikker. If you are a man who believes in the right of men to pursue their freedom - for instance, the freedom to indulge themselves in their passions - then we have no quarrel. We came together by the Will of the Dark Gods on Furia and found that our strength together allowed us to carve our path off of that rock." Noticing the Prince's invitation, Victus moves towards a chair. "Your courtesy is generous and appreciated after a long travel. You seem interested in our business on Furia - may I ask who Valzinir the Sunblood is?"

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 13, 2015

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Walking up to all of the men, Victus made sure that they knew how to wear their carapace properly and how to properly handle their new chainswords. He even practiced sparring with a few of them, though their skills were a little lacking comparatively speaking. Then again, they didn't have the same training he did.

Revving both of his chainswords together, Victus felt a little... overburdened. He looked at his side and realized that he still had Erika's Power Sword, crappy and poorly balanced as it was. Still, he owed her for lending it to him.

Victus presented Erika with her old sword. "Despite its condition, it served me well. May have even done a little damage against Plaga - it certainly helped to get through his armor. Then again, if you can't hit a grossly fat Nurglite in melee combat then I suppose you can't call yourself much of a swordsman! Hopefully someone with your resources and influence will be able to find someone to fix it. Perhaps we might even find a few more on your fief?" Victus trailed off hopefully.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Victus gives Pandora a quick nod. "Agreed. Compared to the rest, I'm beginning to think my life is positively simple. All I seek is to free those living under the Emperor's boot and give them the chance to taste freedom. Sounds lofty, but the only way I know how to achieve that is typically through the application of violence, hopefully against whatever planetary governor is in charge, in a very quick and final way."

The desolation of the yard and Pandora's biopsy sends shivers down Victus' spine. He sincerely hoped that whoever did this was long gone. Until then, he would attempt to blend in with the rest of the group taking a position somewhere towards the middle and definitely behind a Space Marine.

If called for, Victus is going to use Unremarkable to escape casual notice and is ready to use Stealth to escape detailed notice.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Victus nods... Well, sagely would be the wrong word. Victus was, after all, a man of action and certainly not a scholar.

He makes one sharp nod, and grunts in approval to Pandora's plan.

"If you'll be needing a strong arm wielding a melee weapon, so be it. I must make it clear though - I am worried if we get caught in one of these tunnels without heavy support. To alleviate this disadvantage, I suggest we try to be careful and sneak through them so as not to alert any possible enemies"

Victus' eyes are drawn to his twin chainswords. "I will of course not be using these unless absolutely necessary."

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Victus didn't feel right, creeping through the vents with a large group of people. Something at the back of his head always kept telling him that they would be found.

Nevertheless, he found himself stepping carefully out in front, guiding the rest of his comrades in the proper places to step to avoid making noises, how to best avoid leaving a trail behind them, and how to conceal any possible loud movement with the ambient noises so as not to attract any attention. Victus felt like he did remarkably well for not having the traditional tools of the assassin's trade, like a stummer and a Cameoline Cloak.

Speaking of which... He wished he had bothered to acquire a Cameoline Cloak back on Furia, but there's no telling if a backwater like that would have a thing like that. They didn't have any Power Swords, after all.

Stealth roll versus 60... 19 for 5 DoS under DH 2.0 rules, 4 otherwise. Finally, some good Stealth rolling out of the group!
Awareness roll versus 20... 49 for 2 DoF under DH 2.0, 3 otherwise. Ehhhh... At least some of the others seem to be rolling pretty drat well for that check.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 26, 2015

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Should he get mad at his comrades' constant banging and clanging throughout the ducts? If they were lucky, their enemies might suspect that they have a bunch of murder servitors clogging their pipes. Nevertheless, Victus dutifully tried to be as quiet as possible skulking through the ducts.

Pandora's warning was a great sign to him - it told him to be careful and to make himself just unnoticeable enough that the Ur-Ghouls didn't take register of him. It was just as well to him. Maybe Victus should be grateful to his comrades after all - they attracted some things that needed to be killed, and Victus was just out of the way enough to take them by surprise.

Just before his attack, Victus roared his chainswords. This skullduggery was about to become fun.

pre:
WS     BS     S      T      Ag     Int    Per    WP    Fel  

Dodge: 80 
Parry: 73 (GQ Balanced Chainsword)

Weapons: 
Normal Quality Human Chainsword 1d10+6R (+2 base, +4 ST) Pen 2, Tearing, Balanced)
Good Quality Human Chainsword "Quiksnikker" (+5 to WS checks made with it) 1d10+6R (+2 Base, +4 SB) Pen 2, Tearing, Balanced, +5 Damage against Humans

Special Abilities:

Combat talents:
Precise Blow, Hard Target, Preternatural Speed, Two-Weapon Wielder, Blade Dancer, Step Aside, Frenzy.
AMBUSH ACTION - I will make a Swift Attack with the Quiksnikker against the one in front of me at TN 93 (58 base, +5 GQ Chainsword, +30 Ambush). Because I have two weapons and can make two attacks in one attack action thanks to talents (and please let me know if I am seriously mistaken), my attack with the NQ Chainsword will be a Called Shot against the head of the one I just attacked at TN 88 (58 base, +30 Ambush - thanks to talents I take no penalty to make Called Shots with melee weapons, though I do lose the +10 bonus for Single Attacks). If he dies from the Swift Attack, then I will make the Called Shot against the one in the center.

Regular Action -
If the one in front of me is still alive, I will Feint then Swift Attack with Quiksnikker again at TN 63. If he still stands after that, hopefully a Single Attack with the NQ Chainsword at TN 68 will convince him otherwise.
If the one in front of me is dead, but the one in the middle is not, Feint, Swift Attack at TN 63, then Single Attack at TN 68.
If the one in front of me is dead and so is the one in the middle, then I will attack the one in front of Gozer using the same process, except minus the feint due to me probably needing to move? Let me know otherwise - Feint, Swift Attack at TN 73 (assuming Gozer is engaging in melee and thus we get ganging-up bonuses - if not, TN 63), Single Attack at TN 78 (assuming melee with Gozer - otherwise, TN 68).

If at any point there's confusion and things die in the middle of attacks, the priority is as such - 1. Ur-Ghul in front of me 2. Ur-Ghul in Center 3. Ur-Ghul in front of Gozer.

My active defense will be Dodge. I can do it twice, thanks to being a slippery one.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 1, 2015

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Initiative Roll - 17. So at least I go before Pandora!

Right as the battle started, Victus could hear the click of Pandora's Heavy Stubber as its receiver prepared to unleash a deluge of hell at the Dark Eldar. Victus could simply charge and hope for the best - that would be the fun thing to do.

The responsible thing to do, however, would be to let Pandora (and consequently, the rest of the gang's) ranged attacks go off without a hitch. Besides Victus reasoned, wounded enemies die much faster to a blade.

He looked around again.

Besides, cover would probably be really good right about now, considering the wounds we saw in the former occupants.

Victus slinked away, hiding himself behind a generator, and preparing himself to slice and dice anything that came in range of his swords.

With that, Victus is going to take a Half Move to position himself behind the generator on his side, out of sight of the Kabalites, the Homunculus, and the Clawed Fiend. He will take another Half Action to prepare a Single Attack against any enemy that comes near him, be it foolish Kabalite or (more likely) the Clawed Fiend.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Looking at the situation, Victus sees that Gozer will need some form of protection while he goes from generator to generator. While he's not able to do anything about enemies far away, it's the ones close at hand that are probably going to try to interfere the most...

"Continue doing the work of Khorne, Mechanicus. Hopefully it will prevent the Beast from awakening. In the meantime, I shall be your shield."

Victus is moving adjacent to Gozer and Preparing an attack action against any enemy that enters within his melee range. Should it come into play, my active defense is Dodge.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 17, 2015

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Rolling that beautiful Dodge footage at TN 80... It's a success at 73. Really glad I spent those points on Dodge +20 now...

Victus thought for a second about what he saw sailing through the air - for some reason, he hadn't immediately recognized it as a danger - but instinct took over before he could hesitate for a second longer. He could feel the heat from the plasma radiate outward as it slightly blackened his carapace armor during his last-minute dodge. Victus was successful, but just barely. He offered praise to Slaanesh for quickening his reflexes just in the nick of time.

He would find himself thanking Slaanesh again immediately, though. In front of him was a feeble Kabalite who just spent his trump card. Victus imagined the sneer draining from his face as he saw the Renegade unharmed. Underneath his skull helmet, Victus' mouth turned upward in expectation of the grim toll he would exact upon this profligate with all due haste.

Quiksnikker roared for blood, and the chainsword in his other hand demanded its share, too. It was time to have some fun.

If I am close enough, I would like to Move and then make a Swift Attack with Quiksnikker followed by a Called Shot to the head of the Kabalite. The SA would be at TN 73 (58 base + 10 ganging up + 5 Good Quality) and the CS at 68 (58 base + 10 ganging up).

If I'm not close enough to him to get there in a single move, then I will also Charge to make an attack with the Quiksnikker at TN 93 (58 base + 10 ganging up + 5 GQ +20 Charge) and an attack with the regular ol' chainsword at TN 78 (58 base + 10 ganging + 10 Single Attack).

pre:

Weapons: 
Normal Quality Human Chainsword 1d10+6R (+2 base, +4 ST) 
Pen 2, Tearing, Balanced

Good Quality Human Chainsword "Quiksnikker" 1d10+6R (+2 Base, +4 SB) 
Pen 2, Tearing, Balanced, +5 Damage against Humans

Special Abilities:

Combat talents:
Jaded, Quick Draw, Rapid Reload, Sure Strike, Disarm, Ambidextrous, 
Swift Attack, Precise Blow, Hard Target, Preternatural Speed, 
Two-Weapon Wielder, Blade Dancer, Step Aside, Frenzy.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 21, 2015

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Let's keep the pain train going and wrap this up :yum:

Victus heard the clatter of a massive table being flipped over.

After the wonderful sound that Kabalite's head made as his chainsword made a grisly work of art out of it, that was not a good sound.

Peering around the corner, Victus assessed the battlefield - while it looked like his companions were focusing on the massive brute (and Lucius was not in a good place both physically and spiritually), Victus reflected on his training.

Eversors, after all, are taught to rip the hearts from their enemies, both physically and spiritually, and that means going for their support.

His chainswords roaring once again, Victus charged towards that smug haemonculus. Maybe his condition would be improved with a little bit of knife work.

I am Charging the Haemonculus - I think I have just enough speed to get there at 36 - and making my attacks. TN 83 (58+5+20) for the Quiksnikk, TN 68 (58+10) for the normal chainsword. Let's hope that I can hurt him badly enough to prevent him from working his magic.

pre:

Weapons: 
Normal Quality Human Chainsword 1d10+6R (+2 base, +4 ST)  Pen 2, Tearing, Balanced

Good Quality Human Chainsword "Quiksnikker" 1d10+6R (+2 Base, +4 SB)  Pen 2, Tearing, Balanced, +5 Damage against Humans

Special Abilities:

Combat talents:
Jaded, Quick Draw, Rapid Reload, Sure Strike, Disarm, Ambidextrous, 
Swift Attack, Precise Blow, Hard Target, Preternatural Speed, 
Two-Weapon Wielder, Blade Dancer, Step Aside, Frenzy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

"You really want to be a sacrifice that badly? And they say your average Chaos cultist is suicidal!" Victus mirthfully laughed. "Your skills of persuasion will need to get better if you want to live, Eldar. Otherwise we'll speed you along the way to Slaanesh."

With that, Victus walked around what remained of the battlefield. With the roaring teeth of his chainsword, he began collecting the skull from the fallen Kabalite. There was no sense in leaving a job unfinished, and the skull would undoubtedly serve as a nice accent to the belt that held his swords. If it weren't so obvious, Victus had half a mind to start making a bosspole of his own... Which, given that he relied on foes ignoring him in favor of the giant armored Space Marines, he immediately disregarded and filed under the 'bad ideas' portion of his mind. It would go nicely alongside 'charge into battle without support'.

• Locked thread