Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Getting to his feet was an odd feeling for Lucius. When was the last time he had only two feet? When was the last time that he could get to his feet without his breath rattling through phlem-filled lungs? It only took a moment for his eyes, set on the strange elongated stalks that attached to where his eyes should have been, to look back at himself and see the changes that had been wrought. His palor was... healthy. His skin was intact, and his gifts vanished as if they had never been. Except for his eyes.

This was... disturbing. Still. He was alive. And so long as he could continue to make his payments on his immortality, that was all that mattered. Hefting his gear in his hands, Lucius shrugs to himself as he finally takes the time to look around, noticing half-armored marine (and accompanying cleaning servitor) and the seemingly ordinary human that were also picking themselves off of the ground. Neither seemed quite sure of where they were.

"Blessings of the Gods upon you. This is... the last place I expected to be. Still, when you make a deal with one of the great powers, I don't suppose I can argue about how they fullfill it, can I?"

As cheerfully as his words were said, the death priests hand was resting on the holster of his bolt pistol... just in case that neither of the two were friendly... or worse, followers of the corpse god whose image was displayed in the window.

<FireSight> 1d100 toughness vs 60
<Hashutbot> FireSight, toughness vs 60: 50 [1d100=50]
<FireSight> hah
<frajaq> good enuff

pre:

NAME:       Lucius the Devourer
ARCHETYPE:  Death Priest of Mire
PRIDE:      Fortitude: +5 T -3 Ag -3 Int
DISGRACE:   Betrayal: +5 corruption -10 to Charm tests
MOTIVATION: Immortality: +2 wounds -5 WS

Weapon Skill:    50     25 + 15 +5 - 5 + 10
Ballistic Skill: 30     25 + 5
Strength:        40     25 + 10 +5
Toughness:       60     25 + 20 +5 + 5 + 5
Agility:         42     25 + 15 - 3 + 5
Intelligence:    32     25 + 10 - 3
Perception:      41     25 + 10 + 1 + 5
Willpower:       35     25 + 10
Fellowship:      30     25 + 5

Wounds: 20 = 17 + 2 + 1

Infamy: 22
Corruption: 14

Skills:
Athletics + 10
Awareness + 10
Command + 10
Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy)
Common Lore (Imperium)
Common Lore (Mire)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Daemonology)
Intimidate + 10
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Linguistics (Miren)
Navigate Surface + 10
Parry + 10
Survival + 10
Trade (Scholar)

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Betrayer
Cold Hearted
Combat Sense
Die Hard
Disarm
Frenzy
Hardy
Jaded
Light Sleeper
Resistance (Fear, Poisons)
Sound Constitution (+1)
Sure Strike
True Grit
Two Weapon Wielder
Unarmed Warrior
Unshakeable Will
Weapon Training (Primary, Las, SP, Bolt)
Exotic Weapon Training (Plague Knife)

Traits:
The Quick and The Dead
Toxic(Corruption Bonus)

Mutations:
Eye Stalks (+1 perception)

Special Ability:
Contaminated Blades
Death Priests often smear their weapons with the rancid remnants of their recent kills and other putrid sources of 
decay in order to better spread the vile maladies of their diseased patron. As a Full Action, a Death Priest of Mire 
may make a Routine (+10) Survival Test to coat his own melee weapons and solid projectiles ammunition in filth from 
a suitable source. These weapons gain the Toxic (2), Corrosive, or Irradiated (2) Quality for a number of rounds equal 
to the Death Priest's Degrees of Success on the Survival Test.
Grotesque Appetite
Once per encounter, as a Full Action, a Death Priest of Mire may consume and desecrate a fresh corpse within reach. 
When he does so, he gains the Unnatural Toughness (1d5) Trait (or increases the value of this Trait by 1d5 if he already 
possesses it) until the end of the encounter.
Putrescence Within, Putrescence Without
Death Priests of Mire exude all manner of corruption and filth from the many contagions and parasites that fester within 
their distended guts. Whenever an enemy strikes the Death Priest with a melee attack, the Death Priest may spend an Infamy 
Point to destroy the weapon that struck him after the attack is resolved. Whether or not the weapon can later be restored 
through cleansing, devotion, and sacrifice is left to the GM.

Gear
Weapons:
Scavenged Bolter
Poor Quality Bolt Pistol with Melee Attachment
Good Craftsmanship Sword
Plague Knife
Trophy Rack

Armour: 
Flak Jacket

Equipment:
2 magazines each for Bolter and Bolt Pistol

Infamy Log:
15 starting
+1 sacrificing priest on his own altar
+2 the group unites
+2 On a boat to trade down
+2 daemon army defeated

Corruption Log:
11 starting
+2 the group unites
+1 daemon army defeated

XP Log:
+250 - the group unites
-250 - Perception Advance (simple)
+250 - On a boat to trade town
+1000 - correction to starting xp
-500 - Exotic Weapon Proficency (Plague Knife)
-250 - WS (simple)
-500 - WS (intermediate)
+750 - Battle for The Grasp
-200 - Command (known)
-350 - Command (trained)

Current: 200

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

"And right on queue, exactly what I need in order to make installments on my immortality. Care to join me in my glorious worship of death, brothers? I haven't killed a priest since my first sacrifice to Grandfather Nurgle." With a grim smile, Lucius strides towards the doorway as he draws his sword in one hand, and a strange bolt pistol in the other. A curved knife seems to run from the barrel to the bottom of the magazine, the metal pitted with rust and blood. It was obviously well used. "You know, I never really felt bad for killing him. Even though he was my father. My immortality was more important than what years he had left to him."

Moving to the door to yank the priest into the room the moment he opens the door. WS40 + 10 standard action + 30 for surprise (as per IRC) as a Grapple test. Total TN of 80.

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Aug 17, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Grunting in annoyance as he misses his target, Lucius's eyes take in the flamer in his opponents possession, and the large number of armed men behind nearby. While he had originally hoped to just surprise the priest and his companion with the grab, it now looked like having a hostage might be the best thing to do in order to survive the firefight. Taking just long enough to observe how the priest was backing away, the death priest lunged forwards again, trying to grab the mans arms.

Initiative is 1d10 + 6
TN for grapple = 70 (40 WS + 10 Aim + 10 Standard Attack + 10 Infamy point)

pre:
WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel   Inf
40   30   40   60   42   32   36   35   30    15

Wounds: 20/20                Armour: 3 Arms/Body
Dodge: 42, Parry 50(60)      Corruption: 10
Infamy Point: 0/1

Good Sword: 1d10R Balanced
Poor Bolt Pistol: 30m S/2/- 1d10+5X Pen 4 Clip 8 Tearing, Unreliable
Melee Attachment: 1d10R Primitive(8)

Traits
Quick and the Dead: +2 to Initiative
Toxic(corruption bonus)
Eye-Stalks (+1 to head crits)

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Hauling the priest back to his feet, Lucius slaps the man across the face. "Stop your gibbering. You are just like my father... and he was a priest too." Rotating one of his eyes around so he could observe the room, the other remaining focused on the priests face, the death priest gave a warm smile. "Marine, perhaps you should wait a moment. I think these men need to hear what I have to say, and witness a... demonstration. Into the chapel, priest. You get to see your dead god one more time."

The priest moving ahead of him, still held by the collar of his robes, Lucius moves to stand behind the altar of the chapel, and waits a moment before speaking. "The Emperor doesn't care. He's probably dead. The Ecclesiarchy tell you he's a God, that you need to work for the good of Man because he stands against darkness. Yet you live only sixty or seventy years, less on in a hive or a forge world. If you disobey, you get killed by a noble or have a bomb put on your neck. The Imperium cares about the survival of itself and it's power. Not you. The only one who cares about you... is you. That leaves you only a few choices. You can be a criminal, scavenging for whatever living you can make, but following your own rules. You can be a slave, listening to the system and dying before your time. Or you can seize power in your own hands and become someone who can force the Imperium to change. We here, for whatever our own reasons, chose to seize power. We still have masters, but they aren't human, and have no human goals. In exchange for helping them with their goals, they give us the chance to complete ours. I wanted immortality. I sacrificed everything, including my father, to gain a chance at it. I've been alive for more than five hundred years without rejuve treatments of any kind. And this is the price I pay."

Lucius suddenly lifts the priest into the air and slams him on top of the altar, ignoring all of the junk that was still set ontop of it. While the priest was still stunned, he drew a knife from his belt with one hand, and used it to slash his other hand, causing blackish blood to bubble out of the wound. Smiling, he let his hand hang in the air above the priests chest, until the blood pooled in his palm and then began to overflow, dripping down onto the holy mans robes where is sizzled and burned it's way down into his flesh. As the priest begins to scream and struggle, both of his hands come down to press on the priests chest, forcing him to stay down on the altar, and causing the struggles to get stronger as all of the blood that had been pooled in Lucius's hand came into contact with the priests skin. Speaking loudly, to be heard over the screams, Lucius continues to explain. "Of course, after a while, you aren't quite human any more. But that doesn't really matter, because humanity is weak and frail. Even the Emperor realized this. It's why he made the Space Marines after all. Something super-human. You aren't likely to become one, but you can certainly come close to matching one, after a while. If you are good enough. Anyways, this is the end of my demonstration. We should probably find a way out of here."

As the priests struggles begin to stop, the toxic blood having eaten it's way into his heart and lungs, Lucius lets go of the dying man and looks down for a moment, before nodding. He picks up the knife that he had dropped a moment ago, and slashes it across the priests belly to expose the mans intestines to the air. Then, sliding the knife back into the sheath, he begins walking back towards the chapel door.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Looking at the maintenance elevator for a moment, Lucius comments "You know, it's really lucky for us that this ship landed in the water oriented correctly. Imagine how fun it would be to traverse stairs and elevator shafts while it's sideways?" Still, there wasn't much point in delaying. While the prisoners arm themselves, Lucius makes his way to the elevator door and tries to call it.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Giving a quick glance at the others, Lucius shrugs. If he thought they could be bullied into this so quickly... "Remember. The only one who cares if you live or die... is you."

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

"So. Given the beast of khorne below us, I'd guess that we are in the Eye or the Vortex. No idea where, though. Either of you two know how to find your way out the top of a ship? I usually left maintenance to the crew, I could find the cargo bays but I don't know a drat thing about maintenance access." Even as he speaks, Lucius's strange eyes move independantly to scan the room around him, looking at everything in detail.

Scrutiny vs TN of -4 = 36. Needed a natural 1. 4 DoF.
Awareness vs TN of 46 = 9 = 4 DoS

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

"Alright. Looks like no light up there. Probably the space behind the hull. Might be a way out, but who knows what is in there. Servitor tracks too... and also going down the hallway. Either way might work, but I don't want to get lost in the dark. Walking down the hallway good with you?"

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Ducking back behind the cover of the crates, Lucius bends one of his eyestalks around the edge of the crate to observe the enemy. "Well then friends, I see that it is once again a situation where the gods test us against eachother so that the strong may serve. Kill these madmen."

Following words with action, Lucius aims his pistol around the edge of the crate and snaps a shot off at the servitor with his bolt pistol.

BS 30 - 20 for being pinned, I hit on a 20 or less using a half action Standard Attack. On hit I do 1d10+5 explosive damage with pen 4

Initiative: 8

<FireSight> 1d10+6 init
<Hashutbot> FireSight, init: 8 [1d10=2]
<FireSight> D:
<FireSight> 1d100 vs 15 wilpower
<Hashutbot> FireSight, vs 15 wilpower: 68 [1d100=68]

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Eyes still poking over the top of the crate, Lucius watches the carnage begin. The space marine charging one of the servitors, the prisoners running to barrels, which proceeded to take numerous bolt shells and begin spewing unknown chemicals across the nearby floor. His pistol had barely made the servitor flinch when he hit it, not that it was totally unexpected, but... this was going to end badly, and fast. He needed some kind of advantage he could use to turn the tide of the fight. His eyes roamed across the room, cataloging what was nearby and could assist. The crates were too sturdy to easily break, the heavy bolter would soon finish demolishing the poorly armed prisoners... what could he do...

It was the scent of the liquids flowing across the floor that obtained his attention. He recognized that scent. The imperials couldn't have been that stupid, could they? Obviously they had been. They had stored the toxic sludge that fed on the sacred lubricating oils the enginseers so commonly used to keep their machines running. They hadn't just cleaned it up and tossed it, they had actually stored the stuff!

With a grin, Lucius waits a few moments for the expanding pool of sludge to near him before quickly reaching out of cover to grab a handful of the mostly liquid goop. Ducking back behind cover, he cheerfully begins swiping the goop across his swords. He didn't know why the mechanicus had stored this, but it would serve his purposes well.

Taking the turn to use Contaminated Blades, smearing my sword and the melee attachment on my pistol with goop that gives them both the Toxic (2) quality for DoS (5) rounds.

Survival roll at +10 for Contaminated Blades
<FireSight> 1d100 vs 56
<Hashutbot> FireSight, vs 56: 14 [1d100=14]
Success

pre:

Poor Bolt Pistol: 30m S/2/- 1d10+5X Pen 4 Clip 7/8 Tearing, Unreliable

Traits
Toxic(corruption bonus)

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Leaping out from the cover of his crate, Lucius takes advantage of the space marines distraction, his tainted blades dripping filth as he charges at the slow-moving servitor, aiming to ram his weapon into the half-machine creatures organic guts.

WS 40 + 20 for charge +5 weapon quality - 10 for called shot to the torso = TN of 55 to hit. On hit, 1d10 + 4 R damage with pen 0 and Toxic (2).

As per the Toxic trait (and errata on it), if anything damages me from inside 3 meters (melee weapons or ranged weapons at Point Blank range), they immediately take a Toughness test at -10 or suffer 1d10 damage of type equal to whatever weapon damaged me, and it is not reduced by armor or toughness.

pre:

Traits
Toxic(corruption bonus)

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Cleaning his blade off on the servitors corpse, Lucius looks around to see all of his enemies dead. Good. While the 'hired help' began their task of searching through the crates, the nuglite walks straight across the bloody circle to the hole in the hull, poking his head outside and turning his eyes in all directions to try and see what could be seen.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Following the Word Bearer to the edge of the augur array, Lucius is distracted from the marines climbing by the battle being waged below. Still, he was preparing himself to follow then the marines hands slip. Without thinking, the death priest hand shoots out in an attempt to grab hold of the Word Bearer, but all he succeeds in doing is sending himself tumbling down after his companion.

Scrambling back to his feet, now below the augur array, Lucius finds himself completely unharmed by his sudden plumet. When Nurgle gives immortality, he makes sure it sticks. The rogue thought brings a grin to his face as his eyes re-orient towards the battle and he scrambles for his own cover. Hopefully neither side had noticed his appearance.

<FireSight> 1d100 vs 52 agility
<Hashutbot> FireSight, vs 52 agility: 92 [1d100=92]
<FireSight> hahaha
<FireSight> 1d10-6 damage
<Hashutbot> FireSight, damage: -4 [1d10=2]

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

At the sight of a larger warband being soundly defeated by a smaller group, a smaller group that still outnumbers his own if he doesn't count the mostly useless converts, Lucius stops for a moment and thinks. Then, after a moments deliberation, he sheathes his weapons and walks out, hands in the air, one eye focused on the Astartes in front of him, the other continually scanning around.

"Nice fighting. Look, I'm new here, just got dumped here after my ship broke up in the Warp. I don't mean any trouble for you. I'm just looking to survive, figure out where I am, and maybe get a meal." The mutant looks over towards Ariston and grins at the cannibalism. "I'll have some of what he's having, if nobody else minds. I'm not too picky."

250xp to boost my perception by 5

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Sep 17, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Wiping his face clean on one of the rags he had collected from a corpse, the cannibalistic nurglite looks around in consideration. With safety, in the form of a large group of well armed people, and sustenance at hand, shelter was the next need, and secure shelter seemed to be in short supply at the moment. His eyestalks rove about, glossing over the surgery being performed on the nightlord and the nameless scavengers who stood about. Those few here who had earned the respect of the gods were obvious in the way they carried themselves.

"Sorry for my distraction, brothers. I find that stressful situations tend to make me rather... peckish. Now, I'll be honest here. I don't know where we are, I don't know who most of you are, and I have no idea what is going on. Although, none of that really matters, I guess. So my question is, what can I offer you that will prove that I am useful to you. My name is Lucius, called the Devourer in some sectors. I work as a mercenary and enforcer for anyone influential enough to earn my respect. I tend to deal in favors and promises rather than in currency, but given my much reduced state, I suppose I can make my rates more negotiable than usual."

The death priest takes to his feet and stretches for a moment. "Now, from the discussion, it looks like power may be an issue for some of you? Tell you what, we just killed a few techpriests in the ship. One or two of them must have an intact potentia coil that you can use to stretch things out. Might be some other useful stuff too. If one of you fine space marines wouldn't mind giving me a boost up, I can go fetch the bodies and bring them out for you. Sound like a plan?"

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

"Brothers! You should rejoice! You are all going to die, but I shall ensure that your bodies rot in the sea breeze in honor of our Grandfather! Your flesh shall become immortal in a cycle of birth, death, decay, and consumption! Fight bravely and well and I will wear your untanned skin until it falls away in rot!" As the combat begins, a feeling of giddyness begins to consume Lucius. It was a feeling that he was long used to, one of the early gifts that Grandfather Nurgle had given him... he had thought it gone with the rest of his blessings, but apparently it had merely been hidden deeply.

To earn immortality, risks must be taken. Sometimes careful planning and deals were enough to hold death at bay, but other times it would take a reckless abandon, a complete lack of any sense of fear or safety, that would bring one through an encounter alive. So often it was hard to tell when it was time to let go of the cold and calculating part of his mind, to let the primal savagery replace it... and in these times, Nurgle stepped in to keep his part of the bargain, causing the little parasites in his blood to begin breeding rapidly, and in doing so produce a waste product that induced a state of euphoric carelessness similar to that of a Slaaneshites vaunted combat drugs.

In his madness, even as his new companions quailed away from the mighty blight drone that rose into the air, Lucius only laughed madly as he began to charge forwards, his blades held at the ready. Nurgles children would feed well today on the spilled viscera.

WP 35 + 10 (Resistance (Fear) + 10 from Radiant Presence, target roll of 55.
<FireSight> 1d100 vs 55 fear
<Hashutbot> FireSight, vs 55 fear: 51 [1d100=51]
Fear test passed

Spending my surprise round frenzying, and charging as my next action. WS 40 + 10 for frenzy + 5 for a good quality sword + 20 for charge, TN of 75 to hit. I cannot parry, but I am immune to Fear, Pinning, and fatigue.

pre:
40   30   40   60   42   32   41   35   30    18
(50)     (50) (70)                (45)
Dodge: 42, Parry 50(60)      Corruption: 13
Infamy Point: 1/1

Traits
Toxic(corruption bonus)

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Blades covered in a sheen of diseased blood continue to flash in front of the death priest as his mindless rage continues to control him. All he cares is that the people in front of him were fighting back against him. Somewhere in the back of his mind, the sight of gut wounds on some of his disease-free allies brought him joy. Nurgle was served this day, even if his brother-in-worship dying at his hands.

Two weapon wielding, sword in one hand and melee attachment on the bolt pistol in the other. WS 40 + 10 frenzy + 5 good quality + 10 standard attack - 10 two weapon wielding +10 for horde size, for a total TN of 65 for the first attack and TN 60 for the second (lacking Good quality on melee attachment). Each attack does 1 magnitude damage. If the Horde hits me, it takes a toughness test per hit or suffers another magnitude damage due to the Toxic (1) trait.

pre:
(50)     (50) (70)                (45)
Dodge: 42, Parry 50(60)      Corruption: 13

Talents:
Two-weapon Wielder (Melee)
Ambidextrous

Traits
Toxic(corruption bonus)

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

It took a few moments for the bacterial-induced frenzy to subside as nurgles little gifts stopped breeding in his blood. As the rage left him, hands trembling from adrenaline withdrawl, the nurglite looked down at his dead brothers in something very like pity. "Flesh to rot to flesh anew, may Nurgle welcome you into the eternal cycle. Immortality is yours, brothers, though not in the way you would have hoped for."

Dragging his feet across the filthy deck, Lucius pays little attention to any of the activity around him as he checks one corpse after another, finally walking over to the corpse of the large officer. His memories of the fight, already hazy, made him think that this man had fought well, against insurmountable odds. He was one to be honored.

It took mere moments of knifework to loosen the skin from the ruined form, the already open belly providing an easy way to remove the flesh from the skin without cutting it to shreds. Moments later, Lucius's eyestalks were poking through the empty eye sockets of the dead man, his skin now acting like a large encompassing robe.

His simple rite completed, Lucius looks around, his head finally clearing enough to pay attention to what was happening around him. The nurglite crew cowering to one side, one of his companions trying to set up a blood rite using the corpses of the dead. A foul voice speaking through the Vox.

"I don't want to be here when Plaga gets here. Nurglite warbands tend to be a close bunch. He'd probably blow the ships up trying to avenge his friends."

[23:47:26] <FireSight> 1d100 Awareness vs 41 or 21
[23:47:27] <Hashutbot> FireSight, vs 41 or 21: 25 [1d100=25]

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Oct 1, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Grunting in amusement at the idea of a slaaneshi so willing to trade her soul for experiences, Lucius begins to comb through the plague-ship, unbothered by the rot and filth. Still, he pauses a moment to speak out the hatch. "Trade your soul if you want, but do it later. Grab what looks useful, trap or scuttle this ship, and let's go. Some of us don't care to fight when we don't need to."

I had edited this into my previous post, but might as well put it down here.
Awareness: 41 Per, +10 trained, -10 difficulty, target 41
[23:47:26] <FireSight> 1d100 Awareness vs 41
[23:47:27] <Hashutbot> FireSight, vs 41 or 21: 25 [1d100=25]
3 DoS

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Back on the deck, Lucius stands in the sunlight, examining the greasy scythe with a curious eye, before swinging it through the air in a few different motions. One of his eyes continues to look towards the others, however, and he speaks out loud to the group despite not facing them. "Ah well, if you are going to fight anyways, I can't turn away. My name is all I have right now, except for a dubious job offer from the talkative one. So, trap the entrance, kill em all? Oh, and if you take the skulls from these guys, don't toss one of the bodies, I could use another snack before Plaga gets here."

Taking the scythe, will start the next battle with Grotesque Appetite activated, giving me +1d5 Unnatural Toughness.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Standing next to Ariston, Lucius looks over the pathetic defensive positions with a shake of his head before turning to the marine. "This won't hold Plaga for long. He will knock a hole in the wall and let his followers force their way through... hand me the drug and swap positions. I'll hold him back long enough for you people to clear his followers."

Going to take the drug when Plaga first appears, then immediately charge him.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

If Lucius was still capable of giving dirty looks, Ariston's comment would certainly have earned one. But sadly, his eyes being on stalks meant that the attempt was futile, as he had long ago learned. Instead, the nurglite made it a point to stand tall and shout his own greeting to Plaga, the skin of the Rust Wave's commander still adorning him like a costume.

"In death, your children are a breeding ground for plague gods other children. Rejoice, for we have brought them closer to the father. Now it is your turn!"

Lucius jabs the drug injector into his thigh and presses the button, flooding his veins with power.

Init = 7
<FireSight> 1d10+6
<Hashutbot> FireSight, 1d10+6: 7 [1d10=1]

+5 Unnatural Strength and Toughness for 9 rounds

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 11, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

This doesn't actually happen due to initiative order, I'll repost again later

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Oct 11, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Feeling his flesh bursting with unnatural vigor, totally unphased by the heavy bolter fire bursting around him, Lucius grins gleefully through his mask of skin. Nothing could go wrong, not with as good as he felt now. Even as the marine orders everyone forward, the calm and careful nurglite abandoned his instructions. He wanted to test his strength against something strong, something big...

Dashing out of cover, Lucius rushes towards one of the ogryn and lashes out with his newfound scythe.

Charge action at the injured ogryn, WS 40 + 20 charge + 10 size for a 70 to hit, dealing 1d10+13 Pen 3 Felling 1 if I hit, with Toxic (2) if they aren't immune. Either way it uses up the first of my 3 uses of Toxic if it hits. I have 8 turns of awesome power remaining to me.

pre:
         (9)  (14)                
Dodge: 42, Parry 40          Corruption: 13

Scythe: 1d10+4 R Pen 3 Unbalanced, Felling (1), Toxic (2) (3 hits remaining)

Talents:
Die Hard
Disarm
Sure Strike

Traits
Toxic(corruption bonus)
Grotesque Appetite - +3 Unnatural Toughness
Barrage - 8 More rounds

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

As Plaga fell into ignoble death, his soul freed from it's mortal coil and sent to join the Grandfather, Lucius Lucius felt his own legs collapse under him as his stomach began to rebel against him. His mind was flooded with confusion as his feeling of strength faded from him and a leaden feeling of exhaustion took hold. The drug had worn off and taken it's toll upon him.

As the marines celebrate their victory, the nurglite struggled back to his feet, leaving his scythe where it lay on the ground, too tired to make the effort to pick it up. The marines had nearly finished their speeches before he was able to regain his senses enough to pay attention to what was being said.

"What? No, I don't care about the Plague Marines ship. Just because I follow plaguefather doesn't mean I have a fetish for filth. I just use it to honor him when I make a try to honor him. Keeps me on his good side. And I would suggest that we make our way to the market along with Plaga's head, to show how tough we are."

Feeling some of the exhaustion fade away, Lucius walks back to reclaim his scythe from next to the headless corpse and beginning to clean it. The rag in his hand sizzles and pops as the plague marines toxic blood begins to eat away at it, and the steel blade shows marks where the toxic stuff had eaten at the metal. An annoyed "tsk" makes it's way out of the death priests mouth as he observes the now damaged weapon. It had served it's purpose, but now he was left with only his sword again.

The knife, a sword really, in Plaga's dead hand drew his attention after a moment. The plague marines grip in death was as strong as it was in life, rigid enough that there was little chance he could pry the weapon from Plaga's warm dead hand. But the marine had proven to be a good enemy, and a loyal follower of nurgle. He deserved to have some of his flesh left to rot, rather than to be eaten by beasts when the ship finally sank.

Gripping the shaft of the scythe tightly in both hands, Lucius put the blade of the weapon against the wrist-joint of the plague marines power armor, and braced his foot against the hand. A hard yank on the haft let the blade bite through the joint and into the flesh beneath before it found itself stuck against the hardened bone in the Astarte's arm. It took a moment of wiggling to free the blade again, and another yank to start cutting it's way through. A half dozen repetitions of the action left the plague marines hand, knife still held tight in it, separated from his arm. The blade of the scythe, already weakened by the marines blood, was now ragged and chipped.

Tossing the damaged weapon aside with a clang, Lucius took possession of the severed hand and the plague knife, and made his way back to the rest of the group and it's discussion.

Taking the plague knife, the severed hand is a trophy from the fight. Lucius won't push for any decision, but has voiced his opinion.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

The Death Priest finds himself unphased by the sudden death of the warpsmith. It was obvious that the sea-life had taken it's revenge upon the strange techmarine for having dumped the blight drone into the water. Little of nature, chaos-tainted or not, enjoyed the presence of a daemon of nurgle, even one that was bound into a mechanical form. Unless it was a creature influenced by nurgle in the first place. But this place seemed to be leaning towards the blood gods influence, if the juggernaught was any indication... which it undoubtedly was.

For the next week, Lucius stayed mostly on the deck, working with his looted plague knife, really more of a sword than a knife, at least in his non-astartes hands. He claimed a corner of the Rust Wave's deck for his exercise, making sure that the crew stayed out of his way with their training. Not that many of them were interesting in coming near him, with the rather putrid smell emanating from the rotting skin that he wore over his armor, and the even worse stench of the plague marine hand that adorned his belt.

Occasionally Lucius made it a point to exchange a few words with Ariston, the ancient marine seeming to be the most competent and influential person among the ragtag group that was aboard the ship. After all, from his understanding, fallen marines tended to make powerful warband leaders, and a strong leader would likely need good enforcers.

Buying Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Plague Knife) with my newfound xp, +10 WS, totalling 1250xp, which is exactly what I had available, woo.

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 5, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

The addition of a new astartes to the crew, one who was recently a loyalist, was unusual... but given the way the chaos gods worked, not entirely shocking. Still, Lucius found it best to keep his distance from the newcomer, in case he decided to turn upon his new companions.

When the ship arrived in port, Lucius made his way up to Ariston, his eyes turning on their stalks as he scanned across harbor. "Nice place we have here. Looks like most of the spaceports I've been in. Except ships instead of lifters. Look, I've got a couple trades to try and make myself. Anything I can keep an eye out for while I'm doing my shopping? Going to offload some of the lho sticks, I'll bet they aren't common out here."

Taking 50 packs of lho sticks, leaving 350.
Item 1: Xenos Hides (Rare -10, Single + 10) TN 20
-Willing to take hides from local creatures, with whatever AP they provide and whatever modifier that makes. I assume the local sea creatures have tough skins.
Item 2: Trophy Rack (Very Rare -20, Single + 10) TN 10
-No idea why this is very rare, but he wants something to display future notable kills with.
Item 3: Kai Tave can pick.

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Nov 18, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Rot oozed out of the oversized hand, sliding slowly down each of the hanging fingers where it formed larger and larger droplets, until gravity finally won it's battle and the foul substance fell free to land on his head. The new trophy rack, jammed through the back of his armor, was already on display, it's few items held high above him for the world to see.

Not quite high enough to make it visible to whoever was standing beyond Ariston, however. The tall Astartes warrior stood head and shoulders above Lucius, as well as being directly between the death priest and whatever arrogant warriors that were making their threats. It was enough to make the death priest shake his head in wonder. Did all astartes have pure rage pumping through their veins? What deals had the chaos marines made, to remain alive for so long despite their neatly suicidal aggression? Already he had seen four of them die on this world, and now more were trying to prove that they were the strongest people around.

Still. Nurgle did seem to favor them... in life or in death. He didn't even have to think when Ariston took off in front of him. His plague sword found it's way into his hand as if it belonged there, and his legs raced to keep up with the steps of his giant ally as a warcry emerged unbidden from his lips. "Life from death! Glory to the Grandfather!"

<FireSight> .roll 1d100 vs 51
<imouto> FireSight: vs 51: 47 (1d100=47)
Awareness test passed

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

A cruel smile crosses the death priests face as his eyestalks track the swaying tendrils that trailed from his enemies hands. "Your flails against my sword. This should be good for showing off my strength. Now come at me."

Feint and standard attack. Feint at WS 50, standard attack at WS 60, for 1d10+4 damage pen 2, Felling 4 and Toxic 3. If the enemy hits me, he takes a Toughness test at -10 or taking 1d10 damage in return, of whatever type he hit me with, ignoring armor and toughness.

Init roll
<FireSight_> .roll 1d10+6
<imouto> FireSight_: 14 (1d10+6=8)

pre:
50   30   40   60   42   32   41   35   30    18               
Dodge: 42, Parry 50          Corruption: 13

Plague Knife: 1d10R Pen 2 Felling 4 Toxic 3

Talents:
Die Hard
Disarm
Sure Strike

Traits
Toxic(corruption bonus)

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

A good enforcer had many skills. He could fight like the best, he could lead men, he could do any task he was asked to do without a moments hesitation. And most of all, he knew how to listen to his employers monologue and extract necessary orders from it, even if it wasn't directed at the enforcer. Initiative was what separated an enforcer from a minion, when it came down to it.

Lucius was a good enforcer. One of the best, in his own opinion. So when Aristons speech began in the midst of combat, Lucius knew that his position as the Hekatonkheir's Enforcer was secured. The Traitor-Marine now viewed the mutant as an extension of himself, a hand that wielded an extra blade... a blade that now flashed towards the captains back.

Move behind Ariston's opponent and standard attack at WS 50 + 10 for standard attack + 10 for ganging up. WS 70 to hit, 1d10+4 damage pen 2, Felling 4 and Toxic 3. If the enemy hits me, he takes a Toughness test at -10 or taking 1d10 damage in return, of whatever type he hit me with, ignoring armor and toughness. This could hit Ariston if he is also too close, the blood spray has a 3m range.

pre:

Talents:
Die Hard
Disarm
Sure Strike

Traits
Toxic(corruption bonus)

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Grinning widely enough to show his teeth, Lucius turns his eyestalks to gaze over the crowd. Oh it was good to have an employer again, especially one with so much drive to conquer. "All of you, listen up. You have your orders. Follow them to the letter, and you can get off this planet when we leave. I'll be honest with you. If you try and run off, and, well, the best you can hope for is that my eyes aren't on you and you find yourself sitting back in this shithole of a tavern while the rest of us make it back into space. Worst case, I get to eat you. Just like I'm going to eat your old boss here. Speaking of which, I need some of you to strip him of his gear, put it in a pile, and then lug the corpse back to the ship for me. NOW GET MOVING!"

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

"Great, the loving planet has ebola, and now I've got no time to eat. The sooner we are somewhere else the better." Lucius follows up his comments with a string of curses and punches at the crewmen around him, getting the cowards and laggardly men to move faster, before grabbing hold one a busy worker. "You. Tell me what we can expect if we sail in this. If you don't know, point me to whoever can."

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

The battle lines were drawn, the speeches were made, and now it was the tiny eternity before battle where man and mutant were forced to ponder their mortality. For the massed pirates, mutated as they were, the vision in front of them was that of death itself. Their very god arrayed his armies to oppose them, and only the confidence of their leaders kept them from fleeing in terror. Amongst the powerful who stood in the lead, reactions were as varied as the personalities. A few relished the challenge, while others prepared with cold calculation.

Lucius stood his ground and looked across the bloodthirsty horde with curiosity. "What makes this place important enough to need an army of demons to guard it's shores? And daemon engines too? Who bound those things? Or did somebody leave tanks here?" The tip of his filthy blade traces lines in the ground as his eyes move on their stalks, above the heads of his companions. "And they are organized, not a mindless berserk horde. Ariston, I think the daemon engines need to be disabled or distracted first. I'll try and use the orks to sweep the right flank."

Going to try and encourage the orks to take a flank and chew it up so that a daemon engine can be engaged and destroyed.

[17:35] <~FireSight> .roll 1d100 vs 35 fear test
[17:35] <imouto> FireSight: vs 35 fear test: 30 (1d100=30)
Test passed

[21:32] <~FireSight> .roll 1d10+10 init
[21:32] <imouto> FireSight: init: 16 (1d10+10=6)

pre:

Talents:
Die Hard
Disarm
Sure Strike

Traits
Toxic(corruption bonus)

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Finding himself in a gap between battles, Lucius had time to look at what was happening around him. The orks seemed unwilling to have the battle plan well in hand, their brute strength and toughness matching that of the daemons they faced. Either they would win, or they would be ground down. But the mutants were being mowed down by the massive blades of the daemon engine to his left. A moments hesitation saw a dozen men sliced in half. The orks would have to fight on their own, the daemon engine needed to die before they could turn the battle.

Stopping suddenly, the nurglite reached through a slit in skin cloak that he wore, finding one of the flasks at his belt. Inside it was a corrosive liquid he had found pooling inside the Rust Wave during the journey over, and saved for a situation like this. He just needed to apply it to his blade... and carefully...

Survival roll at +10 to give my weapon the Corrosive quality for DoS number of turns.

[10:43] <~FireSight> .roll 1d100 vs 61 survival
[10:43] <imouto> FireSight: vs 61 survival: 81 (1d100=81)
[10:43] <~FireSight> gently caress
[10:47] <~FireSight> .roll 1d100 vs 61 survival
[10:47] <imouto> FireSight: vs 61 survival: 10 (1d100=10)

Takes both my turns, but now the weapon has Corrosive for 6 rounds.

pre:

Poor Bolt Pistol: 30m S/2/- 1d10+5X Pen 4 Clip 8/8 Tearing, Unreliable

Talents:
Die Hard
Disarm
Sure Strike

Traits
Toxic(corruption bonus)

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Blade finally covered in corrosive, empty flask dropped on the ground, the stalk-eyed mutant finds himself racing forward at the monstrous daemon engine. Somewhere in the back of his mind he screams in horror as he notices the slaughter the daemonic army is wreaking on the crew, the odds of his survival dropping farther and farther, but the part that was focused on the now knew what he had to do.

Kill everything in his path.

Charge the daemon engine at WS 50 + 10 for charging + 30 for size. On hit I do 1d10R Pen 2 Felling 4 Toxic 3, and reduce it's armor by 1d10 points. If the 1d10 rolls higher than it's remaining armor, it takes the remaining amount directly to wounds. Yay corrosive.

If I am hit by anything, anything within 5m of me must take a toughness test at -10 or suffer 1d10 damage ignoring armor and toughness.

Rounds of corrosive: 6

pre:

Talents:
Die Hard
Disarm
Sure Strike

Traits
Toxic(corruption bonus)

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

The sudden cessation of the sounds of combat brings Lucius to a standstill, filthy sword still in hand and dripping it's corrosive liquid. His eyestalks turn in circles, hunting for enemies, a futile attempt given that none remain standing. A feeling of something like awe begins to enfuse the mutant. From the jaws of death, victory had been claimed. Multiple daemon engines had been slain, without the use of tanks or anti-tank weaponry. It was a miracle. "Grandfather, you have done it again. You kept me alive even through that. Guess I owe you again." Casually, he wipes his plague knife on the exposed surfaces of the slain blood slaughterer, cleaning the blade of the remaining corrosive while the acid eats away more of the machine.

"If you can stand, start butchering those who can't. We might need the food once we leave here!" Grinning at the obvious discomfort some of the crewmen show at the idea, Lucius proceeds to walk through the battlefield, dispatching those who unable to make the trek to the portals. "And if you feel bad about it, just remember what will happen if we leave them here alive. This is mercy!"

Buying Command and Command +10, banking 200xp

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 3, 2015

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

The sudden wrath of Pandora startled him. His attention had been focused on the task at hand, and then this woman began ranting about not wanting him to be affected by a disease. Did she not understand what God he followed, and the foul tasks he had to do in order to retain that Gods favors? Worse, did she not understand what foul things might have to be done in order to merely survive in the chaotic lands of the Screaming Vortex?

At least she had backed down when Ariston began to loom over her, and backed up his enforcers orders. The Hekatonkheir understood that survival came before all else, and survival meant that strength must be maintained, no matter how it was obtained. The butchering continued, even as the others stood around to study and discuss the situation, and finally Lucius wiped his blades clean and turned his eyestalks to gaze upon the future, upon the gates.

His companions had such hopes and plans for the future, such assurance that their own strength and power would lead them to stand above all others, to defeat all things in their path. Had they learned nothing from the failures that had lead them to be cast upon this world? It was a mere bit of chance that most of them survived, or the good will of a patron that was recklessly spent in one massive act of rescue. They were no longer amongst the great and powerful of the Vortex, they were has-beens who were lucky enough to survive fight after fight with other has-beens. There was no way that the gods would suddenly favor them ag...

The sanguinary smiths ritual took his breath away in it's power. Even here, so close to the warp itself, it had a force to it that he had never expected to see. Binding a daemon, a very herald, in the heart of it's own territory, into the weapon that had defeated it, with nine sacred runes... He could feel the gods eyes upon the act. Something special was happening here on this day. Maybe, just maybe, it wasn't sheer chance that they had all survived. The hands of fate had moved them here, and all four Gods seemed to be in agreement.

Lucius' smile bared a row of sharpened teeth as the astartes berserker stood tall in the ritual circle with the daemon-as-weapon held high in newly bronzed hands. He had hoped to be an enforcer to a powerful man. It was what he always was, in order to pay for the deal that kept him alive. But what would it mean if he was the enforcer to a man who lead a warband with all four gods standing behind it? What would his service buy him then?

It was something to think about.

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Feb 5, 2015

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

From the field of blood to... a field of blood. At least the sky wasn't red any more.

It took a few moments for Lucius to orient himself to the new surroundings, the sudden change in gravity causing his eyestalks to keep pointing in the wrong directions as they try to focus on the people in front of him. By the time his eyes were properly focused, the danger of combat seemed to be past, with his companions calmly walking to the table and conversing.

A swift glance at Ariston to make sure that this wasn't a setup for betrayal turned into a slightly longer glance as his eyestalks once again overshot the position he had meant to focus on. Instead, he found himself gazing at the eldar corpse that decorated the table. A sudden growl from his stomach reminded him that he hadn't eaten in most of a day, since Pandora had seemed disturbed by the idea of willing cannibalism. But an Eldar wasn't human...

Following the others to the table, Lucius pulls a seat out for himself at the table, giving a happy sniff of the air as he sits down. "Hope you don't mind that my hands aren't clean. Baldurash, right? Can you pass me a leg? That looks delicious."

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

"Poisons? Guess I should take the lead then. There isn't much you can poison me with these days." Lucius cracks a smile and begins to walk more quickly, his eyestalks rapidly turning one direction and another, looking for any signs of life. "And, Ariston, some advice from somebody who has been around... Be careful of what deals you make. Immediate power isn't long term survival, as Erika says... and while she wants power now, I want life forever. We will have to see which strategy gives better results. At least you don't age like us... well, like Erika. I don't really age either."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

"STAND DOWN OR BE DESTROYED! IN THE NAME OF ERIKA THE RED AND ARISTON THE HEKATONKHEIR, THIS FIEF IS RECLAIMED BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST! OPPOSE US AND DIE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!" Lucius' voice booms out across the armory as the mutant stands up from cover, his eye-stalks scanning back and forth across the fief's guards. His cruel smile shows his sharpened teeth while the plague knife swings freely in his hand.

Intimidate at 40 Str + 10 for skill + 10 for trophy rack. Trying to get everyone to stop fighting before they start.

[22:11] <~FireSight> .roll 1d100 vs 60
[22:11] <imouto> FireSight: vs 60: 76 (1d100=76)
Infamy Point reroll
[22:23] <imouto> FireSight: vs 60: 43 (1d100=43)
[22:23] <~FireSight> success!

Also, we discovered that BC by default doesn't allow skill tests to be rerolled. Frajaq is houseruling that we can. Nurgle guys can reroll skills but not characteristics.

pre:
50   30   40   60   42   32   41   35   30    22               
Dodge: 42, Parry 50          Corruption: 14
Infamy Point: 1/2

Talents:
Die Hard
Disarm
Sure Strike

Traits
Toxic(corruption bonus)

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 15, 2015

• Locked thread