Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Aside from some initial and understandable confusion over being thrown through the Warp, Bazroth's first decision is to flick away the cleaning servitor with his...ungloved hand? A quick check informs him of the sorry state of his armor and bolter, but he gives a heavy sigh of relief when his Crozius appears to be in good condition, the unholy eight-pointed-star icon still hanging from it. He muttered thanks to Nurgle for giving the symbol of his station the fortitude to pass through the Immaterium unharmed (the pain he himself felt was unimportant, comparatively). He was considering how to blaspheme the stained glass that stood in front of him eye-stalked human's greeting distracted him. As he turned to address him, the icon rattled as it hung from the gigantic mace on a chain.

"Their Blessings upon you as well. And I'm... inclined to agree. I made no deal, as such, but I will freely admit I may have faltered in my service. I was not expecting this as recompense. If I am correct, you two should make haste, before the pressure cracks that glass and drowns you."

Sweeping aside the offerings on the altar with a mixture of contempt and frustration, Bazroth faced the decorated metal doors before looking over his shoulder at the other human.

Toughness, TN 40: 1d100 69

quote:

Name: Bazroth
Career Path: Dark Apostle (+5 Fel/Wil)

Characteristics
WeS: 60 (30+20+10)
BaS: 30 (30+00)
Str: 40 (30+10)
Tou: 40 (30+10)
Agi: 40 (30+10)
Int: 50 (35+15)
Per: 30 (25+05)
Wil: 50 (40+10)
Fel: 60 (35+20+05)

Wounds: 19/19
Corruption: 14 (+2)
Inf: 34 (15+2+2+5+2+8)

Pride: Logic (+5 Int, -5 Per)
Failing: Regret (+5 Corr, +10 to intimidate attempts against him)
Motivation: Ascendancy (-2 Wnds, +5 Wil)

Skills:
Athletics
Awareness
+Charm
+Command
CL: War, Screaming Vortex
Deceive
Dodge
FL: Daemonology, Book of Lorgar, Adeptus Astartes, Horus Heresy & The Long War, The Warp
Inquiry
Interrogate
+Medicae
Nav: Surface
Op: Surface
Parry
SL: Occult
Scrutiny
Speak: Low Gothic
Stealth
Trade: Remembrancer

Talents:
Air of Authority
Ambidextrous
Ancient Warrior
Bulging Biceps
Demagogue
Enemy (Ecclesiarchy)
Furious Assault
Inspire Wrath
Iron Discipline
Legion Weapon Training
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons)
Unarmed Warrior
Unshakeable Will

Traits:
Amphibious
Unnatural STR (4)
Unnatural TOU (4)
Unnatural FEL (1)
Harbinger of Heresy
Dark Devotion

Gear:
Legion Power Armor (Sustainable Power Source, Auto-Senses, Vox Link)
Legion Combat Knife
Accursed Crozius
Legion Bolt Pistol, 2x Magazines
Unholy Icon
2 Legion Frag Grenades
Laud Hailer
Ritual Kit
4x Blasphemous Tomes

XP Xpenditure (6700/7500)
3600 - Dark Apostle
S200 - Deceive
U200 - Stealth
U200 - Inquiry
K500 - Furious Assault
S250 - Fel+5
U200 - Interrogate
U200 - Trade:Remembrancer
U250 - WS+5
U500 - WS+5
N200 - Medicae
K500 - Command+20
N350 - Medicae+10
X450 - Unused

Mutations:
10CP: Chaos Organ - Daemonette's Eyes

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jul 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

"Indeed. Keep telling yourselves that the True Gods exist only to empower you. It matters not to me. I heard talk of a priest and a commisar. Allow me to deal with the Guardsman - they are often armed quite well, compared to those they oversee. We act as soon as they open the door, yes?"

Bazroth stood right in front of the entrance. The surprise of a fallen Astartes alone should terrify them beyond meaningful response. If they were truly deluded servants of the Corpse, and stood their ground, then the Crozius would finish the job.

Not sure if we need a full block. His base WS is 50. Not sure of present modifiers. I'll edit in a block if needed.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth greeted the senior commisar with a sudden charge, swinging the crozius with speed and brutal force. As he backed off a foot or two after the assault, he addressed the penal legionnaires.

"Which man holds the keys to your lives?"

Charge and All-Out Attack on the Senior Commissar. TN 100. Furious Assault. I assume that without intact arms, my armor doesn't give me +20 STR.
As usual, if he dodges, ignore the furious assault stuff.

Initiative - Agi4 +1 Circumstances: 1d10+5 13
All-Out Charge, TN 100: 1d100 48 6 DOS
Furious Assault, TN 100: 1d100 2 10 DOS
Damagex2, Pen 7: 2#2d10+14 17 24

pre:
     WS   BS   S      T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel   Inf
     50   30  (8)40 (8)40  40   50   30   50   60    15, 1/1 IP

Wounds: 16/19         Armour: 8 Body
Dodge: 40, Parry 60      Corruption: 10

Legion Bolt pistol  30m  S/2/–   1d10+9X    Pen.4  8/8  Full Reload | Tearing | Scavenged
Accursed Crozius    Melee —      2d10+14E   Pen.7       Balanced, Concussive (when 2h'd)
							Power Field, Felling (4)
Relevant Traits/Talents:
Heightened Hearing/Sight, Quick Draw (Hatred - Imperial Guard granted by Crozius)
Melee Opponents may not take Defensive Stance actions. 

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth gingerly held out his massive hand to pick up the keys, detonator, and identification, but was pre-empted by one of his new "companions."

"The Emperor is not your shield, priest. Just ask our dear commissar. No, you share a lot more with these men than you think. You are both unfortunately shackled. But while I would gladly remove their chains, I fear yours will be your undoing."

The marine simply shrugged at Lucius. The man could do what he liked to the priest, as far as he was concered. Not five minutes beyond his journey to the warp, Bazroth was building an army yet again. He could almost smell the smoke-choked air of the planet he'd been forced to leave behind.

"Now, what is the quickest way upward? We're under some kind of waterline, and it would be a shame to have your glorious resistance rendered meaningless by pressure cracks."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth accepted the keys. Flattery born of fear - not an unfamiliar response to his presence, loyalist or renegade. And yet even though the detonator could end their lives, the freedom provided by simple metal keys will uplift them...

"I agree. Let them die with their ship. It breaks and cracks around us as we wait. To the elevator."

Taking a moment to activate the crozius to burn the blood off, the marine takes a position at the front and goes as the prisoner told him. As the mob of possible converts follow, he considers the contents of what will be his first sermon on this strange planet.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth nodded at the human's words before kneeling before the daemon.

"Indeed. Were the circumstances not so time-sensitive, I would demand you all prostrate yourselves before a blessed denizen of the Warp. Part of serving Chaos is recognizing that some are gifted with the will to survive, to fight, to enjoy, and to hope. At the other end of this task lies true freedom for you."

Bazroth stood and held the keys aloft, jingling them. In the other hand, he raised the crozius with the eight-pointed icon hanging from it.

"One of your new gods - those gods whose agents graciously rescued you from a watery grave - demands blood and skulls. Give them to him. Or have them taken from you by those more willing to serve."

Command, TN 70 (+1 DOS due to Unnatural): 1d100 29
I have the talent that lets those under my command re-roll fear and pinning tests as long as they can see me. (Iron Discipline)

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

"I will not falter again. This I swear before you."

Bazroth spent most of the time after the brutal melee in quiet contemplation of his current situation. So intense was his meditation that he paid little heed to his surroundings.

Scrutiny -20, TN 10: 1d100 65
Awareness, TN 30: 1d100 95

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

"I see no problem with freeing you."

Bazroth held out the keys as he regarded the apostate for possible disagreement. He then considered the options. Servitor tracks mean there might be imperials down the hallway. But it was lit. Perhaps more displays of violence towards their former captors would cement their "army's" loyalty.

"Let's go with the hallway, I think. Even my eyes don't fare very well in the dark."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth desperately wanted to move forward, but advancing on heavy bolter fire with his armor in the state it was - well, the Gods help those who help themselves. He quickly ducked behind cover and tried to find a course through the boxes and barrels to the heavy servitor.

Initiative: 1d10+4 12
Anti-Pinning, TN 30. Rollx2 due to Nerves Of Steel: 2#1d100 100 40
Using my half-action to move to the left of the box I'm currently below, since I have to move into cover relative to the servitor.
End of Turn - Rolling to recover from pinning, TN 50. Rollx2 due to Nerves Of Steel: 2#1d100 59 50
Passed.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Regaining his wits, Bazroth noticed a brief gap in the servitor's barrage and took the opportunity, sending crates flying as he rushed toward the machine.

Charging with a normal attack for 50 (WS) +20 (Charge) +10 (Hatred) = TN 80.
pre:

Legion Bolt pistol  30m  S/2/–   1d10+9X    Pen.4  8/8  Full Reload | Tearing | Scavenged
Accursed Crozius    Melee —      2d10+14E   Pen.7       Balanced, Concussive (when 2h'd)
							Power Field, Felling (4)
Relevant Traits/Talents:
Heightened Hearing/Sight, Quick Draw (Hatred - Adeptus Mechanicus granted by Crozius)

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Satisfied with the servitor's total destruction, Bazroth turned to face the mortal with the shotgun.

"Even your precious technology cannot save you. New converts, show him the results of weakness, as I do to this one."

Gripping the mace in both hands, the marine swung in a large arc towards the Mechanicus priest's torso.

Half-Action: Commanding the non-bodyguard mob to swarm the techpriest with the jammed gun. TN 70 before mods.
Half-Action: Single Swing at the point blank shotgunner for 50 (WS) +10 (Single) +10 (Hatred) = TN 70. Concussive, due to 2h-ing it.
pre:

Power Field, Felling (4)
Relevant Traits/Talents:
Heightened Hearing/Sight, Quick Draw (Hatred - Adeptus Mechanicus granted by Crozius)

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Shaking his head at the doomed charge, Bazroth took stock of the situation.

"It appears that no enemies remain, though at a cost. Such is the way of all things. Equip yourselves with the armaments of the fallen. We keep moving forward."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth attempts to carefully touch down from the augur array, but unused to the awkward way his armor hangs from him and falls unexpectedly.

Agi+10 Test (Acrobatics Untrained) TN 50: 1d100 95
I'm guessing you roll the damage?

Taking any available cover, he attempts to take stock of the raging battle, but is more cautious than watchful.

Perception or Scrutiny?, TN 40 (Trained+Heightened Senses): 1d100 76

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth attempts to get up gracefully from his somewhat botched landing.

"Excellent. And here I was, convinced I'd be surrounded by Imperials, or nothing at all. I see that we've come in at just the right time."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth steps forward at the mention of his Legion.

"Bazroth. My name is Bazroth. And I would like nothing better than to restore my armor to a better state than this. The chainsword is of no importance to me. Tell me - would you be interested in the corpse of an Imperial voidship? There might be some crew left alive - can't be sure, we left in a hurry."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

After an inspection of the recently freed parts, Bazroth steps back, taking the leftover pair of legs and beginning to attach them to his torso.

"It seems this planet is crawling with our brothers. There will be more for me, Chaos willing. Re-assemble your own."

Various mentions of "Plaga" force a sigh from the Word Bearer.

"Well, I won't be taking his disease-infested arms or helmet. The price one pays for looking at the bigger picture, I suppose."

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 22, 2014

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Quickly checking his armor's new legs to make sure they were integrated properly, Bazroth began another headlong charge across the boarding ramp against the largest target. If the Ruinous Powers were truly still against him, he would at least die in a manner befitting a faithful follower. But he hoped he had served enough of his penance.

"We will see whom the Gods favor..."

Full Action: Charging WS 50 + Charge 20 + Hatred 10 = TN 80 vs the Fatboy. Attack is Concussive, since he's 2h-ing it.
pre:

Wounds: 16/19         Armour: 8 Body and Legs

Power Field, Felling (4)
Relevant Traits/Talents:
Heightened Hearing/Sight, Quick Draw (Hatred - Plaga's Warband granted by Crozius)

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

While legitimately surprised by the drone, Bazroth held his ground.

Already had my action - this is only for the Fear test.

Fear, TN 60 (50 + Radiant Presence): 1d100 16
pre:

Power Field, Felling (4)
Relevant Traits/Talents:
Heightened Hearing/Sight, Quick Draw (Hatred - Plaga's Warband granted by Crozius)

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Ducking below the bloated officer's swing, Bazroth brought the crozius upward in a reckless manner, but one that would hopefully cleave the monstrosity in half.

WS 50 + Hatred 10 + AllOutAttack 30 = TN 90. Furious Assaulting at TN 90 if the first swing hits. Concussive.
pre:

Power Field, Felling (4)
Relevant Traits/Talents:

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

This corpulent... creature had the gall to taunt him? Frustration and anger made Bazroth swing wildly once again.

"It seems like your moment has arrived. Next time, aim higher."

WS 50 + Hatred 10 + AllOutAttack 30 + Ganging Up 10 = TN 100. Furious Assaulting at TN 100 if the first swing hits. Concussive.

pre:

Power Field, Felling (4)
Relevant Traits/Talents:

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

A flicked switch on the Crozius burned off what foul ichor remained on it from the Nurglite officer. While the signs of devotion to various gods around him pleased Bazroth, Lucius had a point.

"I submit that we should leave immediately. We have some time to see if this ship holds anything of use to us, but I suggest that if we engage this 'Plaga' fellow, we do so on our own terms."

Not sure if we're each making those rolls to search, or if we're all assisting one person, but that's what Bazroth will be doing.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Awareness, TN 30 (Penalty Counteracted by Heightened Senses): 1d100 88

Still tired and angry from the fight, Bazroth's search found little of use.

"Very well. Return when your task is done - if this 'Plaga' is anything like his underling, even if we're the superior fighters, slaying him may take considerable effort."

Before the ambush, the Dark Apostle was content to assist the scavengers with any particularly large obstacles and pieces of debris to serve as cover.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth eyed Ariston with suspicion and wondered what sort of imagined wrong his kind had done to him in the past.

"Indeed. I'll provide suppressing fire until they make it across the ramp. -If- they make it across the ramp, of course."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

The weight of age and his preference for duplicity and slow corruption made Bazroth's actions slow, but deliberate.

"Let's make that ramp a slaughterhouse."

BS 30 - 20 Suppressive Fire = TN 10. Suppressing the bridge, forcing a -10 Pinning Test to anyone on it.
Initiative - Agi4: 1d10+4 5

pre:

Power Field, Felling (4)
Relevant Traits/Talents:
Heightened Hearing/Sight, Quick Draw

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth looked down at the pile of ash and fragments that had been his opponent's weapon before rearing back for a large swing.

"Disgusting, simple-minded, single-minded fool..."

WS 50 + AOA 30 + Hatred 10 = TN 90. Concussive. Furious assault if successful.

pre:

Power Field, Felling (4)
Relevant Traits/Talents:
Hatred: Plaga's Warband granted by Crozius

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

The marine frantically tried to wipe off whatever foul substance had served as blood and insides for the creature, but it left its impression in stinking, aching pain nonetheless. Spying the fruitless, but admirable attempts by the human to take down Plaga, Bazroth ran across the ramp in that direction.

Running 30m in Plaga's direction. -20 BS/+20 WS to hit me.

pre:

Wounds: 08/19         Armour: 8 Body and Legs

Power Field, Felling (4)
Relevant Traits/Talents:

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Finishing his headlong sprint into the plague marine, Bazroth swung into him with both hands firmly gripped on the Crozius.

WS 50 + Hatred 10 + Charge 20 = TN 80 (I think the single swing bonus is rolled into the charge bonus?). Concussive.

EDIT: Oh, also ganging up bonuses, though I don't know how many will be there by the time Bazroth is.

pre:

Wounds: 08/19         Armour: 8 Body and Legs

Power Field, Felling (4)
Relevant Traits/Talents:

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 23, 2014

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

After finally felling the huge Plague Marine, Bazroth sneered in disgust as he shook off what foul substances had covered his weapon. Momentarily prodding Plaga's armor, he guesses that expertise in both medicae and technology will be necessary to salvage it, neither of which he possesses.

"I agree. Even if we had enough crew to run both ships, there are more pressing needs at hand. I assume that the ship we're standing on, being a 'flagship' of sorts, is of better quality than the one we used to spring the trap. Anyone with greater knowledge than I on such things is, of course, welcome to refute that. All I ask is for access to some of the ship's plating and other structural components. I have some work to do that may interest those among you dedicated to the Lord of Skulls."

Time for a scrap-metal Khorne Monument, I think.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

The Warpsmith's sudden death reminded Bazroth that even while undertaking the Gods' penance, life was not a guarantee, and Dark Apostle tried to keep himself busy on the way to Kanro.

His first responsibility was to minister to the spiritual needs of the ship, whatever they might be. While the demand for formal rituals and services was likely sparse, he offered advice and counsel to anyone who asked.

In his spare hours, he inquired about their destination in depth. Canvassing the crew - most of which, he assumed, had been there - he attempted to gain a good impression of the place and its inhabitants. Such information would hopefully be useful when he tried his hand at recruiting more members for their ad-hoc warband when they sailed into port.

Probably no dice rolls needed for Baz to walk around playing psychologist, but I will make an Inquiry check to get info on Kanro, TN 60 before any mods.
Spent XP on Interrogate, +WS, and Trade: Remembrancer

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Victus' approach was not unexpected. He had heard the human speak of Chaos Undivided during the battles they fought. He seemed somehow unsure of himself - which was honestly a welcome change from many of Chaos' adherents, who think that the Ruinous Powers grant them immortality from the moment they are worshiped. The words this one needed to hear had already been spoken by one wiser than Bazroth, and so he merely carried them to where they were needed.

"Victus, with victories over others, we conquer. But with victories over ourselves, we are exalted. There must always be contests, and you must always win."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth was excited to finally get to a proper settlement - or at least what passed for one on this Gods-forsaken watery rock. Before they all separated to pursue their own plans, he approached Ariston with a proposition.

"I understand that your power source is running down. As you can see, my armor is also incomplete, recent re-acquisitions aside. Suppose you find a suitable source of parts strolling through the marketplace - do let me know. I would be happy to offer my assistance, in whatever way I can. At any rate, I suppose I should go find us some more seafarers. The Gods' blessings upon you."

First stop - the marketplace. Somewhat of an ascetic, he didn't need much, but there were some instruments of office he was still missing. And, of course, he'd have to find another set of the Epistles of Lorgar, but he'd never find such a thing here. Perhaps if he could reach the Council...After searching for the largest open area, with or without his Laud Hailer, he began a sermon.

"Servants of the Gods. People of Kanro. I walk among you to spread a message of deliverance. Let our strength of arms be evidence of our blessings. We will bring those who stand with us to glory! As it says in the Book of Lorgar..."

Bazroth's down to beat down some marine in an alley for his helmet and arms w/ Ariston.

Asking around at inquiry TN 60.

Charm test for his recruitment drive is at TN 90. (Fel 60 + Trained Charm 10 + Unholy Icon 20). He can affect up to 7k people and has 1 point of unnatural Fellowship. I'm summarizing the sermon because the real thing would be about fifteen minutes long and kind of repetitive. The gist is "I'm an awesome Word Bearer. We kicked major rear end in the ten minutes we've been here. We're gonna get off this sorry rock and kick even more rear end, et cetera."

As for Acquisitions, these are "try for item one, if I got it, try to get next item; if not, try again." He'll be trading away his Legion bolter for a +20 (ExRare +30, Scavenged -10) on attempts until he gets rid of it.
Infamy 19.
Laud Hailer (-10 Rare, +10 Single Item)
Ritual Kit (+0 Scarce, +10 Single Item)
Assorted Blasphemous Tomes (+0 Scarce, -0 4xItem)

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

"Excellent. My words are true, but what greater proof is there than action?"

Placing the mouthpiece of the laud hailer on the platform he was speaking from, he lowered his crozius from where he held it aloft, the unholy icon hanging from it occasionally dinging against the scrap-metal deck as he rushed towards the augmented human and his marine master.

Awareness, TN 40 (Per 30 + Heightened Senses): 1d100 26

Probably too far away to charge, so he'll spend the turn running at them.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth struggled to break free of the other marine's grip.

"If my weapon's reputation precedes it, then you ought to have known not to oppose me in the first place..."

Making an opposed STR test at 40 to break free. If I get free, quick-drawing the mace and making a half-action swing at TN 80.

pre:
     60   30  (8)40 (8)40  40   50   30   50   60    15, 1/1 IP

Wounds: 19/19         Armour: 8 Body and Legs
Dodge: 40, Parry 70      Corruption: 10

Power Field, Felling (4)
Relevant Traits/Talents:
Hatred: Leaders of the Devourer granted by Crozius, if he gets to wield it.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

The Word Bearer's two or three steps towards his fallen opponent were slow and deliberate. Placing his foot on the marine's chainaxe, he looked to the crowd, pointing his weapon at them.

"They sought to make fools of us. To deny -you- a chance to follow us to glory. And to have you join them in their suicidal stupidity. What do they deserve, sailors?"

I should just coup de grace this dude, but I figured that even if the newly inspired castaways don't finish the job for us, it's still +10 WS to the other PCs, and thematically appropriate.

So, I'm using a Full Action to Inspire Wrath on all 250 castaways, and my comrades, and anyone else walking around that can hear, spreading Hatred:Leaders of the Devourer like a virus. TN 90, thanks to the Icon. Willing to spend IP to re-roll failures.

pre:
     60   30  (8)40 (8)40  40   50   30   50   60    15, 1/1 IP

Wounds: 19/19         Armour: 8 Body and Legs

Power Field, Felling (4)
Relevant Traits/Talents:
Hatred: Leaders of the Devourer granted by Crozius, if he gets to wield it.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Dec 9, 2014

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

A more dramatic, theatrical death would have better served to inspire awe in their new servants, but at least Ariston had avoided further damaging the already cracked helmet.

"It appears we each have what we need. And even some spare parts. Maybe even some for the newcomer, if he proves himself. Shall I lead our new followers over to the Devourer?"

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

"Indeed. Though, they're not used to working with our physiology. Let me try something first. And yes, save the gene-seed."

He'll try at TN 20, and if that doesn't work he'll give the old "is there a doctor in the house?" inquiry at TN 60.
I think Baz'll learn him some medicae next XP, he's a smart dude.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

"Diverting the xenos' attention to the lesser ship is a brilliant idea. Might I suggest we also send the... lesser members of the crew to that vessel as well. While I delivered crew in volume, I admit that quality is in short supply on this planet insofar as armsmen are concerned. Gozer may be right - their destiny may be the altar."

Taking the arms and helmet from the captain, leaving us with... 1 intact non-powered suit, and a set of legs, I believe. I don't really need anything else.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth took a moment to stare in awe at the massive creature. The crew were doing admirably, given the circumstances. Apparently they'd dealt with something like this before. Turning on his laud hailer, he dispensed with the raising of his icon to keep a firm hand on a nearby wall to avoid the fate of the xenos vehicle sliding down the gangway.

"Fear not! The Lord of Skulls and his pet will have their fill today, but not from us! Hold fast - Kanro is doomed whether we stay or leave, so we will live to pay our due to the Gods another day. Keep to your stations - you have been delivered from this fate for a reason!"

Fel 60 + 10 Skill - 20 penalty = TN 50.
Also worth noting that Iron Discipline makes "those under my command" re-roll failed pinning/fear tests.
Command, TN 50: 1d100 94
Using my IP.
Command, TN 50, IP Re-Roll (Adds a DOS, due to Dark Apostle): 1d100 86
Apparently, Baz just doesn't have it today.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth waited for Ariston to finish speaking - he'd proven himself the de facto leader of their motely band, and the Word Bearer was content with that. He knew that they were facing considerable odds, but the men had stood their ground thus far - with his guidance.

"Indeed. Remember - the Lord of Skulls cares not from where they come. Let the very blood and bones of these creatures be our tribute to him! A parting gift, before we leave his planet forever!"

Turning off the laud-hailer, he stepped forward at the front of the largest contingent, raising both his mace and his voice as high as he could.

"But enough words. I offer you more than that. I will lead the charge myself. May the Gods bless all of us this day, and may we be seen fit to continue to tread upon the Path to Glory. So says the Book of Lorgar."

Initiative: 1d10+9 12
Fear Test: 2#1d100 75 2
Passed due to Unshakeable Will's re-roll. As usual, those under my command can re-roll as well.
Giving everyone, PC and NPC alike, Hatred: Khornate Daemons. Inspire Wrath, TN 90: 1d100 45
Bazroth's going to charge in with the "tarpit" of 350 crappy fighters, throwing around single swings at TN 80 (WS 60 + Hatred 10 + Single 10)
I have two grenades of my own left over, not claiming any more.

pre:
     60   30 (10)40 (8)40  40   50   30   50   60    15, 1/1 IP

Wounds: 19/19         Armour: 8 ALL

Accursed Crozius    Melee —      2d10+16E   Pen.7       Balanced, Concussive (when 2h'd)
							Power Field, Felling (4)
Relevant Traits/Talents:
Hatred: Khornate Daemons

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Feet planted to begin the charge, a quick look at the assembled host behind him made clear that some were beginning to have second thoughts. Bazroth took off his helmet, leaving it under one arm as he went back to the laud hailer.

"I see. Now that the very hour of our departure is at hand, you squander your chance at it out of... what? Self-preservation?"

At the back of the main formation, he plucked out a shivering deckhand, barely able to keep a grip on his autopistol from sheer terror at the daemons ahead of him. He was young - a child forced to become a man in response to his terrible surroundings. He was dragged back towards the amplifier, too frightened to do any more than mutter. Bazroth's eyes, usually exceptionally inviting, looked cruel and focused. And predatory.

"I've watched planets set themselves on fire at my command. And they obeyed because of this one fundamental truth: there is nothing that will preserve you from me."

Lifting his example by the neck, he started to squeeze, until hoarse and muffled cries turned to silence - soon replaced by the cracking of bones and ruptures of muscle and flesh. The mouthpiece of the hailer, held to the wretch by the Word Bearer's other hand, amplified it all.

"I will not be denied again. Do not think that I will be this merciful to those who would retreat when I have the liberty of time - and I will, because we will be victorious despite you. The Dark Prince will guide my hand towards extremes of pain hitherto unheard of, and Nurgle will himself ensure that you are denied his tender mercy until I am satisfied. Now prepare yourselves!"

No more Fear.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 13, 2015

• Locked thread