Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

ProfessorMurder posted:

The SNES Donkey Kong Country games were pretty fun

the first one was fun. i don't think i gave a poo poo about the other two. what was the point of not having donkey kong in those games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

Kelfeftaf posted:

the first one was fun. i don't think i gave a poo poo about the other two. what was the point of not having donkey kong in those games?

He was in the first 2. The third one was Diddy and Dixie Kong.

edit: I'm wrong, dixie was in the third one with some other retarded monkey.

ProfessorMurder fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 16, 2014

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
was there a fourth one? I remember one where it was just dixie king and some giant baby gorilla

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
gently caress all y'all what didn't play Toobin'

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Kelfeftaf posted:

was there a fourth one? I remember one where it was just dixie king and some giant baby gorilla

Yeah, that was the third one. I was wrong before.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

It doesn't matter though. Everyone knows the best Nintendo game is Super Mario RPG

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
i liked final fantasy vi the best. the story would probably seem retarded to me at this point though. when i was 10 i thought kefka was the best villain ever

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Kelfeftaf posted:

i liked final fantasy vi the best. the story would probably seem retarded to me at this point though. when i was 10 i thought kefka was the best villain ever

Final Fantasy was Playstation. This is a Nintendo thread.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

ProfessorMurder posted:

Final Fantasy was Playstation. This is a Nintendo thread.

maybe in some lovely alternate universe. the playstation ones pale in comparison to the snes ones

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Kelfeftaf posted:

FF VI was the only game in the entire series that I really really liked

4 was OK. 7 was OK. Never played 9. Heard horror stories about the rest.

Secret of mana on SNES was incredible. Legend of mana on ps1 was trash

Chrono trigger on SNES was incredible. Chrono cross on ps1 was trash

SNES best console

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Kelfeftaf posted:

maybe in some lovely alternate universe. the playstation ones pale in comparison to the snes ones

Are you saying Final Fantasy VII isn't the best one?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

FF VI was the only game in the entire series that I really really liked

4 was OK. 7 was OK. Never played 9. Heard horror stories about the rest.

Secret of mana on SNES was incredible. Legend of mana on ps1 was trash

Chrono trigger on SNES was incredible. Chrono cross on ps1 was trash

SNES best console

Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger are indeed incredible.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

ProfessorMurder posted:

Are you saying Final Fantasy VII isn't the best one?

vi is the best one

and yeah, chrono trigger was good. secret of mana was all right.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Video games peaked with Combat on the Atari 2600.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Kelfeftaf posted:

vi is the best one

and yeah, chrono trigger was good. secret of mana was all right.

I'm not very familiar with FF VI. I don't remember it. If it's better than VII I'll have to find it and play it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
If you liked Secret of Mana play Seiken Densetsu 3. It's the sequel and is also very good.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

ProfessorMurder posted:

I'm not very familiar with FF VI. I don't remember it. If it's better than VII I'll have to find it and play it.

it's probably the best snes game. either that or chrono trigger

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Kelfeftaf posted:

it's probably the best snes game. either that or chrono trigger

Couldn't be better than Illusion of Gaia.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
I did like that game quite a bit. Action RPGs should have been more of a thing. Much more interesting than tapping buttons mindlessly in random battles.

The Breath of Fire and Lufia games were good second-tier RPGs. I can't think of a particularly bad SNES RPG, but I'm sure there was one.

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
I'm gay.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Kelfeftaf posted:

I did like that game quite a bit. Action RPGs should have been more of a thing. Much more interesting than tapping buttons mindlessly in random battles.

The Breath of Fire and Lufia games were good second-tier RPGs. I can't think of a particularly bad SNES RPG, but I'm sure there was one.

Secret of the Stars.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Big Beef City posted:

P.S.

Super.

loving.

Dodgeball.

Forever.

This.

I spent many an hour with my friends engaged in drugs, alcohol, and Super Dodgeball. My youth was gloriously misspent.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
that's the best nes two-player game. best one-player game is mike tyson's punch out

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
Kirby's Dream Course is probably the best kirby game and is definitely the best golf game of all time

mario RPG is also really cool!

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

Plank Walker posted:

Kirby's Dream Course is probably the best kirby game and is definitely the best golf game of all time

I remember thinking Kirby Super Star was really loving good. The variety that game had was crazy.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

ProfessorMurder posted:

FF VI is godly

Don't play the iOS or android one though, try to play the SNES one or the GBA port

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Plank Walker posted:

Kirby dream course is one of my favorite games ever and I don't particularly care for any Kirby games

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

nintendo tapes

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

FF VI is godly

Don't play the iOS or android one though, try to play the SNES one or the GBA port

Just found it on an SNES emulator. Looks like I've got my Sunday planned!

Closeknees
Oct 16, 2007

Splendid
The best SNES game was Earthbound. Every time I see it on ebay I want to beat the poo poo out of my early teen self for not buying it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Closeknees posted:

The best SNES game was Earthbound. Every time I see it on ebay I want to beat the poo poo out of my early teen self for not buying it.
if you have a Wii U it's on virtual console for a mere $10. buy one and thank me later

also i agree with this post

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Earthbound was great except for the battle system. FFVI and Chrono Trigger were better

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

where im from it was fcalled Illusion of Time just thought you might find that interesting tfr thanks for reading

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

FF VI is godly

The iOS one is fine and fixes a lot of poo poo problems the other versions had. The iOS version of 5 is the best one easily too

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

lonesomedwarf posted:

where im from it was fcalled Illusion of Time just thought you might find that interesting tfr thanks for reading

I didn't know that tisi that is slightly interesting

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I remember long ago playing Star Fox which was the first polygon graphics game I ever saw on a console.

It's absolutely laughable by modern standards but I had a lot of fun playing it.

Stunt Race FX used the Super FX chip too but to be honest it was a very clunky and lame game.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

ProfessorMurder posted:

I didn't know that tisi that is slightly interesting

it also came in a big box (just like Earthbound!) in certain countries

Also a prototype/beta of the US game was leaked online a while ago. bunch of little differences in the game (mostly names/typos) but the title screen was originally totally different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

it also came in a big box (just like Earthbound!) in certain countries

Also a prototype/beta of the US game was leaked online a while ago. bunch of little differences in the game (mostly names/typos) but the title screen was originally totally different

Look at Freedan! He's ready to take on the vampires of Mu!

• Locked thread