Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

I'm literally loving fuming with rage. I just went into Subway to get my normal meal deal of a footlong meatball on Italian bread with peppered cheese toasted with lettuce onion green pepper cucumber and sweet onion sauce and every single person in the queue except for me ordered an 'Italian BMT' and now i feel like I'm missing out on what must be the daddy of subway sandwiches? What is it? Should I order this from now on? Is there a better sandwich? What's your own favourite sandwich/salad/sauce combo? Please don't bother answering if you are not platinum, i do not value your opinion if so re: sandwiches or anything else and you'd just be wasting your time no offence.

BMT on cheese and herb bread, grated cheese (instead of the plastic they pretend is cheese in America) and toasted. Lettuce, onions, peppers and jalapenos, hot chilli sauce and the powdered salt and pepper.

The type of bread and presence of jalapenos is variable but the rest is consistent. Hope this helps.

johnny sack posted:

Honestly ask yourselves why you're eating at subway. There are so many better sandwich shops, also buying some good bread and your own fixings is far superior and cheaper.

Not really, where I live the only non-subway sandwich shops are grubby deli counters in grubby convenience stores (edit: using store bought loafs of bread). I think Subway is pretty different between countries cause its pretty good around here.

Xachariah fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

i like tuna but i think the mercury is getting to me as evidenced by me posting in this thread

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Xachariah posted:

Not really, where I live the only non-subway sandwich shops are grubby deli counters in grubby convenience stores. I think Subway is pretty different between countries cause its pretty good around here.

Subway hasn't changed, you're probably in the UK right? It's cause all your local food is trash that you think subway is edible. hth

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

High King Internet of Internet
Lmao @ these sandwich shop hipsters itt

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Whenever I eat at Subway that weird bread smell follows me out of the door and like oozes out of my pores for a half hour afterwards. Something's hosed up about that bread.

Even objectively shittier fast food places don't have a smell that lingers and clings to your clothes like cigarette smoke long after you leave

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

brick cow posted:

Subway hasn't changed, you're probably in the UK right? It's cause all your local food is trash that you think subway is edible. hth

and not even a good part of the UK lmao

man at least it isn't america, their bread and chocolate all apparently smells and tastes like vomit

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I don't like how Subway cuts the sandwiches in half. I prefer my food uncut so I eat at Snoodles & Co.

Ohnonotme
Jul 23, 2007
Yay!

ethanol posted:

u wot mate?

Ethanol, for all your failings at being a plat, I still love you. You are in ALL my favourite drinks, and if you go - tap water only for me. gently caress non-alcoholic liquids.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

sure there are better places to get a sandwich, but there aren't near my work, so subway it is

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Parallax Scroll posted:

sure there are better places to get a sandwich, but there aren't near my work, so subway it is

translation: i'd rather have someone pee in my mouth than go five minutes further for lunch

Saltin
Aug 20, 2003
Don't touch
Someone I work with told me one time - you gotta come to subway and get a meatball sub, they are the best.

About 4 hours later I woke up at my desk and the day was done. Sandwich was processed poo poo, but the nap was pretty good.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

brick cow posted:

translation: i'd rather have someone pee in my mouth than go five minutes further for lunch

translation: i care soooo much about what other people eat

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
ha ha subway - the place dumb people go who can't make their own sandwiches

yeah let's pay over the top prices for substandardized puke ... nearly as good a deal as plat upgrade

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
This is all well and good but please, tell me what is a bmt? I can only guess that the b and the t are bacon and tomato respectively?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

SirEvelynTremble posted:

ha ha subway - the place dumb people go who can't make their own sandwiches

yeah let's pay over the top prices for substandardized puke ... nearly as good a deal as plat upgrade

Methinks you should get rid of that Sir title in front of your name a true knight of the realm would be platinum.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i dont think it has bacon

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

This is all well and good but please, tell me what is a bmt? I can only guess that the b and the t are bacon and tomato respectively?

no it stands for the name of a train line called Brooklyn Manhattan Transit, you know, a subway

its just salami, pepperoni and ham

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Xachariah posted:

no it stands for the name of a train line called Brooklyn Manhattan Transit, you know, a subway

its just salami, pepperoni and ham

Then why on earth do they call it an Italian bmt? These are not Italian stations. I'm not convinced.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Then why on earth do they call it an Italian bmt? These are not Italian stations. I'm not convinced.

because of the salami and pepperoni, i'm no linguist but id wager the words ending in i mean they're italian meats

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Robo Reagan posted:

for real tho Quiznos is a better

Hmm the Quiznos in my town went out of business so maybe people around here have bad taste. Then again the Golden Corral went out of business too so maybe not

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

when i order a sandwich from whereever i usually get lettuce, cheese, tomato, cuke, carrot and avocado (if its in season), salt and pepper. that's a pretty great sandwich right there.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
5 dollar foot long is anti-Plat.

Long live Jersey Mike's.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
I like steak, but my other loves are meatball/pizza. Because I am a poor.

Morally Inept
Mar 5, 2012

by XyloJW
The pastrami is delicious.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
Umm I'm pretty sure subway isn't real food *mashes mcnuggets down throat until dead*

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
plat pride cometh

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Ham because I'm boring as poo poo.

Linnear
Nov 3, 2010
I used to get a BLT with mayo on the honey wheat bread. Better than the BMT at any rate. Haven't been there in a few years since I'm so much better than people here.

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

no real plat user would lower themselves to subway levels. Clearly this man won the lottery recently and will be broke again in a month or mugged someone fancy for their plat. The poors I know like the chicken bacon ranch thing but it seems pretty gross. Of all the subway that I have seen from a distance the meatball or teriyaki chicken appear to be barely the nearest to acceptability.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
I've seen a tramp scavenging for food in a subway ... none of the commuters offered him anything

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

I like the turkey bacon avocado

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
The cold cuts are legit

eternalbuffalo
Jun 8, 2005

Life still hard.
Steak and cheese on parm oregano bread. Extra cheddar. Red onion, lettuce, spinach. Mayo and southwest sauce. Heated a little, melt the cheese.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
The best subway sandwich is the one someone else is eating because subway tastes like dead butt.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the chinese food place next door

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i'm posting to be defiant.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

dontcareaboutname posted:

i'm posting to be defiant.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Subway loving sucks. But it makes sense because you brits have awful taste

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
mods??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

BigBoss posted:

I don't like how Subway cuts the sandwiches in half. I prefer my food uncut so I eat at Snoodles & Co.

Just order the help not to cut your sandwich, how hard is that

• Locked thread