Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
UFC Fight Night 47: Bader vs. St. Preux

Where: Cross Insurance Center in Bangor, Maine
When: August 16, 2014
Prelims on Fox Sports 2 - 8pm ET/5pm PT
Main Card on Fox Sports 1 - 10pm ET/7pm PT

Goonweight Grand Prix Stuff: Make your picks || Spreadsheet || Thread
Chat: #MMA on synIRC

The state of Maine is world-renowned for three things
3. Most people think it has too much snow
2. Most people think it has too much white people
1. Tim Sylvia

The Ultimate Fighting Championship event tonight will not be remembered for its participants. Ultimately, it will be remembered for the conspicuous absence of one man.

Here is Tim's highlight reel. Just try not to be impressed (It is impossible. You will be impressed):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euRNF_WN6iw

This is the wrong video. Mods, please remove this video.

There is only one explanation for Tim's exclusion.

"Dana is the way he is. Everyone knows how Dana White is, and he's never gonna change, unfortunately... So, it's like, it seems like every month, every other month they're doing something just to entice me or to piss me off and say, 'Ha ha, look what we're doing now and you're still not welcome back.' They're just doing poo poo just to piss me the gently caress off. It's really annoying."

:siren:PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION.:siren:

Here are all the people that will be on this card instead of Tim.

Agent Tough Juice fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

Shawn Jordan has a bunch of spectacular tattoos.

I looked at many pictures of him this morning and I found it most notable that in every one he appears to be focusing on pushing his eyeballs out of his head.

I also have about a dozen shirtless pictures of Tim Sylvia on my desktop.

My computer is password protected.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

I am excited for this card even though I shouldn't be.

What's wrong with you

I don't understand why any of you are posting in this thread really

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

"He's gonna have to stop Watson here to earn a judges decision"

Good lord Anik.

Eh he corrected himself. I think he's actually not bad.

Also that third round was fun.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Only just realized today when I was looking to see which fighters were from Maine that McMann is from Takoma Park, MD which is basically where I'm from. I'm now obligated to root for her until the end of time.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Miss anything good? I was busy getting a Cormier 4:13 tattoo.

Tom Watson provided some entertainment by getting his rear end kicked in the third round, but earned a decision anyway.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Lloyd Boner posted:

Apparently not so well

In fairness, she's landed a whole lot of elbows.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Bell the Cat posted:

Me too, Chevy Chase in my case. Go McMann!

High five. Silver Spring.

I don't know how to score this round. I guess McMann won it?

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

colonel_korn posted:

eh, she's winning but it's still disappointing. Like you know you can take the other girl down at will, why not take some risks on top to improve position so you actually start doing some real damage. If you botch it and she gets up then you can just take her down again.

Yeah this fight is pretty unfortunate

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Thrawn posted:

Lol, McMann was stumping for a Rousey rematch earlier this week too. I don't think that fight helped her case much.

Yeah, but it's a thin division. There are inevitably going to be some rematches in Ronda's future.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Just now finding out what happened to Maynard and I'm surprised that I'm a little bummed out by this. I didn't root for him in either of the two Edgar championship fights, but he was still half of my favorite trilogy. I started to like him after Edgar KO'd him for some reason. He was so close.

Agent Tough Juice fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

• Locked thread