Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Seltzer tastes like the goddamn Atlantic ocean and I hate it. I hate it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

uG posted:

op there is no reason for you to post here when you literally have a reddit account

I never posted on reddit once ever.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

AssassinPrincess posted:

Seltzer tastes like the goddamn Atlantic ocean and I hate it. I hate it all.
what?? does the atlantic taste a lot different from the pacific? because it tastes nothing like seawater to me

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Hwbrgdtse posted:

seltzer is for old people

And saying "piss-poor."

As in, "This seltzer water is piss-poor."

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

well if it had more piss in it it might even taste ok\

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
When I was in fourth grade, I mistook carbonated water for soda and it was one of the most vile things I've ever tasted. Nearly nearly twenty years later and I haven't forgotten how awful it was.
Cooler water's best.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The seltzer tastes gross/tastes great is a regional thing. Some places make it by dissolving CO2 in water, which only changes the taste slightly, if any. Other places make it by adding bicarbonate of soda to water, which usually drastically changes the taste. The latter is usually only good as a mixer, and isn't really meant to be taken straight.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Whatever mine was had a stale, bleached taste that clung to the back of your tongue and leaked into your sinuses so that you COULDN'T STOP TASTING IT.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Why do people drink water when there is Dew?

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
lol poors itt

ferrarelle, voss, gerolsteiner, acqua panna. etc are p. good sparkling waters and its a nice palate cleanser when drinking a heavy spanish red like rioja or tempranillo with red meats

san pellegrino is ok, but stay the gently caress away from perrier or anything from the us

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
also if you guys ever leave your comfort zone and visit places in europe like italy or spain restaurants usually give you sparkling water

rarely do they have the american champagne that is dew or coke

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

if you cant taste the difference between artificially carbonated and natural sparkling water then you and your coarse palate are free to gently caress off

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
How Does A Person Water When Drink Isn't Even Real?

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
There's a difference between Club Soda and Seltzer: Club Soda uses artificial carbonation, usually potassium citrate and bicarbonate, while Seltzer is injected with CO2.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
i don't drink soda.

soda is for fat people.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Lufiron posted:

also if you guys ever leave your comfort zone and visit places in europe like italy or spain restaurants usually give you sparkling water

rarely do they have the american champagne that is dew or coke

you think europe doesn't have coke

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

scalded schlong posted:

you think europe doesn't have coke

no you halfwit nice restaurants don't

unless of course you think mcdonalds is a nice restaurant, but in that case you have no business even addressing me, pleb.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
European sparkling water tastes like rear end.
Sparkling water tastes like rear end.
Sparkling cider's pretty chill.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

topo chico

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Lufiron posted:

unless of course you think mcdonalds is a nice restaurant, but in that case you have no business even addressing me, pleb.

please stop trying to do whatever it is you think you're doing.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

scalded schlong posted:

please stop trying to do whatever it is you think you're doing.

lol halfwit

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
I have the privilege of living in a time and place where clean drinking water comes straight from any of the numerous taps in my home. If I were to drink anything else it would frankly be an insult to the majority of the world who don't even have access to clean drinking water. Shame on you all.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Quinctia posted:

Seltzer's loving gross. I don't know what they do to it, but it will smell delicious and taste disgusting.

This is the truth.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Yo half wits: tonic water has quinine in it. It's not just plain water. Of course it tastes different. Sheesh.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Seltzer is what I imagine the Silver Surfer's urine tastes like.

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Seltzer is what I imagine the Silver Surfer's urine tastes like.

Why are you imagining that?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Lord of Bore posted:

Why are you imagining that?

Please don't kink-shame.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Lufiron posted:

lol poors itt

ferrarelle, voss, gerolsteiner, acqua panna. etc are p. good sparkling waters and its a nice palate cleanser when drinking a heavy spanish red like rioja or tempranillo with red meats

san pellegrino is ok, but stay the gently caress away from perrier or anything from the us

tonic water > sparkling water

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Awkward Davies posted:

Yo half wits: tonic water has quinine in it. It's not just plain water. Of course it tastes different. Sheesh.
is that a scary chemical? because it sounds like a scary chemical

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
oh thank christ the op came along i was worried because i hadn't seen an insufferable "why do people like x" thread all day

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Awkward Davies posted:

i'm literally the only person who posted about tonic and my joke was that it tastes gross.

but thanks for chiming in anyway and letting us know you know why tonic water tastes different. you a smart guy.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The seltzer tastes gross/tastes great is a regional thing. Some places make it by dissolving CO2 in water, which only changes the taste slightly, if any. Other places make it by adding bicarbonate of soda to water, which usually drastically changes the taste. The latter is usually only good as a mixer, and isn't really meant to be taken straight.
hm that makes sense. why would you use baking soda to make it though that sounds kinda dumb

e: that would also explain why people sometimes say it's a really good cleaning fluid but I've never been able t oget it to work that well

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Flavored seltzer is the best! I remember accidentally getting just the carbonated water at a soda fountain when I was a kid, and since I was expecting something super sugary, it tasted like the worst thing in the world. Maybe that's why some people hate it. It took a little getting used to as an adult, but now I love it.

It is also good mixed with juice.

Polar brand is the best. It seems harder to find outside of New England. In Vermont, it's so common they even have it in cold cases at convenience stores! I found a grocery store with lots of flavors of Polar where I am farther south now and it made my day. In California, all I could find was Trader Joe's bullshit that pales in comparison.

Al Cowens posted:

Good drinks:
Moxie

Eat poo poo and die, rear end in a top hat. You're everything that's wrong with Maine. :mad:

iNFUSiON
May 1, 2005
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
~ Robert A. Heinlein
I can't believe people would willfully ingest that nasty poo poo, I've tasted soda water (I read the aforementioned difference in carbonation but for some strange reason see no reason to care) when the soda machines are out of flavoring. It's revolting.

Soda is good and all, but you can in fact gain weight from it (without a steady supply of amphetamines at least).

Water is great but has no caffeine. Caffeine pills have seemingly lost their magic on me.

DP 10 is for men and it tastes decent, problem solved.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

iNFUSiON posted:

I can't believe people would willfully ingest that nasty poo poo, I've tasted soda water (I read the aforementioned difference in carbonation but for some strange reason see no reason to care) when the soda machines are out of flavoring. It's revolting.

Soda is good and all, but you can in fact gain weight from it (without a steady supply of amphetamines at least).

Water is great but has no caffeine. Caffeine pills have seemingly lost their magic on me.

DP 10 is for men and it tastes decent, problem solved.

Robo Reagan posted:

oh thank christ the op came along i was worried because i hadn't seen an insufferable "why do people like x" post all day

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lufiron posted:

mmm it's true that most places give you sparkling water but I haven't been to a restaurant in Europe that didn't have soda of some kind.

anyway in Germany at least sparkling is definitely the norm, not flat. If you ask for water at a restaurant they bring you sparkling.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
Seltzer is great, and I miss the awesome selection you get at grocery stores in cities in the Northeast US. The rest of the country lags far behind. I just make my own now.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
i wish i was a pretty girl, i would just drink jizz all day from all my potential suitors and never worry about sustenance. I might be twink enough to pull the same thing off in the gay community, but AIDS!.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Carbonated mineral waters are pretty good sometimes. Boring old regular soda water is pretty bland. There is no drink that comes close to being as refreshing as regular old water when it comes to downing an entire 16oz glass right after exercising, sports, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Y-Hat posted:

is that a scary chemical? because it sounds like a scary chemical

well it does make tonic the only thing in your grocery store's soda aisle that will treat your malaria. so that's helpful

• Locked thread