Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

looks like he got a strong reaction out of you, like any great artist :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Robo Reagan posted:

truely, the world lost a great person

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

HoboZero posted:

Yeah, I'll really have to dig into that one later, it seems pretty layered. What did you get out of it, and how did it relate to his overall resonating message?

gently caress the world!!

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

a cop posted:

gently caress the world!!

Are you trolling by pretending to be dumb, or legit dumb and attempting to troll

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

singing about how much school sucks a few years before you get naked on stage and fling your own poo poo at your willing audience then overdosing on heroin while talking about how much everyone else sucks is such a loving white person thing to do

he was pretty much doing that when he was singing about how much school sucks. he was always psychotic.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

HoboZero posted:

Are you trolling by pretending to be dumb, or legit dumb and attempting to troll

Are you trolling by implying its not a worthwhile message?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Whats not to get about "Gimme some Head" or "Kill the Police"?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Kelfeftaf posted:

he was pretty much doing that when he was singing about how much school sucks. he was always psychotic.

Are there periods where he was more dialed back live but focused more on music, or did he achieve fame from his rep of doing insane live shows and then people got into the cult of personality through word-of mouth? Was his stage persona a response to getting successful, or the reason for it? There's definitely a line between interesting and entertaining in there somewhere, but I can't quite figure it out. I am admittedly a boring dude in general so

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

HoboZero posted:

Are there periods where he was more dialed back live but focused more on music, or did he achieve fame from his rep of doing insane live shows and then people got into the cult of personality through word-of mouth? Was his stage persona a response to getting successful, or the reason for it? There's definitely a line between interesting and entertaining in there somewhere, but I can't quite figure it out. I am admittedly a boring dude in general so

He was always known for the crazy lives show. Though in the beginning it was Stiv Bators/Iggy Pop-level crazy. Just cutting himself on stage and rolling in glass and so forth. I don't know if he was ever "more focused" on the music, though I think his earlier stuff was a lot better than his later stuff. Mainly because his bands back then were better and he's actually singing (sort of), rather than just yelling into the mic.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
His last album, Brutality and Bloodshed for All, is great. He sounds like Cookie Monster but not in a death metal way.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Kelfeftaf posted:

He was always known for the crazy lives show. Though in the beginning it was Stiv Bators/Iggy Pop-level crazy. Just cutting himself on stage and rolling in glass and so forth. I don't know if he was ever "more focused" on the music, though I think his earlier stuff was a lot better than his later stuff. Mainly because his bands back then were better and he's actually singing (sort of), rather than just yelling into the mic.

Huh. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and check out some super early stuff, thanks. Baffled pessimism < Curious pessimism

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
p good music

... NOT

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
could he poo poo on command like that on stage, i would be too tense i think

i dont think i could be his friend either

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Drunk & Ugly posted:

could he poo poo on command like that on stage, i would be too tense i think

i dont think i could be his friend either

He would take a poo poo ton of laxatives hours before the show and have to clench his rear end in a top hat all day until the right moment in a true artist's display of dedication to the craft

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

mookface posted:

He would take a poo poo ton of laxatives hours before the show and have to clench his rear end in a top hat all day until the right moment in a true artist's display of dedication to the craft

ok i take it back, a man with that level of focus would surely be useful in moving house or helping paint

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Wayne Kramer and Dennis Thompson of the MC5 play on this, so it's pretty great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNkoj2eHEpQ

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Kelfeftaf posted:

Wayne Kramer and Dennis Thompson of the MC5 play on this, so it's pretty great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNkoj2eHEpQ

this is poo poo

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

was his dick small caue he was cold and nervous or was he always that small

maybe just maybe his dick is the key to his issues
he coul dnot accept its size and went berzerk

"i will no longer hide my penis, the world will see it and they will see everything else too including me eating my own poo poo"

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Drunk & Ugly posted:

maybe just maybe his dick is the key to his issues
he coul dnot accept its size and went berzerk

"i will no longer hide my penis, the world will see it and they will see everything else too including me eating my own poo poo"

i doubt he was nervous

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
i doubt he was cold either, given his life-long disdain for clothes

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

he didnt care about the size of his dick

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yIAK_5_j5c a serious interview. he mentions being a rapist/child molester.

fivethree fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 17, 2014

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
"What's all this about beating people up?" "It's a war out there."

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

hey stage fright is a serious thing but i guess we're talking about gg here so i'll accept that he had a micropeen and blame it for his neurosis

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
His father holding his family hostage for days with a shotgun and frequently beating and threatening to kill him, his brother, and his mother were probably more psychologically damaging than the small penis.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
He went crazy from Lyme disease going untreated

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

Kelfeftaf posted:

His father holding his family hostage for days with a shotgun and frequently beating and threatening to kill him, his brother, and his mother were probably more psychologically damaging than the small penis.

i think youre going out on a limb there my friend

the penis is the root of mans ego and sanity
his root was too small to take hold

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

The Monkey Man posted:

Mark Prindle's GG Allin page, specifically the "Raw, Brutal, Rough & Bloody" DVD review

https://www.markprindle.com/allin.htm

this site owns

quote:

The songs are "Blood for You," "Teacher's Pet," "I Wanna Rape You," "Sluts in the City" and "Drink, Fight & gently caress." All are muffled and unlistenable, the first and fourth are godawful songs, and the fifth is sung by GG as he lies on the ground with a male audience member urinating into his mouth. I'm pretty sure he stole this gimmick from Neil Diamond, but his retching, gargling, gagging delivery is an absolute scream regardless.

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more
leftover crack is better imo

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

NESguerilla posted:

GG Allin was a hilarious train wreck with a tiny dick.

And therefore very easy for goons to relate to

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

little munchkin posted:

this site owns

mark prindle's great. sucks he quit though

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Robo Reagan posted:

calling bs because you're not conscious after someone smashes you in the head with a beer bottle

there's a video posted in the thread of gg allin bashing himself in the head with a beer bottle dumbo

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
GG Allin probably had a very sturdy head. lol if you think having a beer bottle broken over it would knock him out

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

TED BUNNDY
May 30, 2009

SO HUNGRY
Pork Pro

Drunk & Ugly posted:

i saw a video of one of his shows and after he took his jockstrap off he said to the audience "if you've never seen the world's littlest dick here's your chance" or something like that, dude rocked the teeny weenie

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

TED BUNNDY posted:

i saw a video of one of his shows and after he took his jockstrap off he said to the audience "if you've never seen the world's littlest dick here's your chance" or something like that, dude rocked the teeny weenie

So his whole schtick was likely just overcompensation and depression stemming from having a tiny wang? Wish I could say that was at all surprising or interesting. He should have just developed an Asian fetish like all the other loser nerds.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

Kelfeftaf posted:

the fuzz is somewhat off-putting, but this is srsly rly good.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

fivethree posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yIAK_5_j5c a serious interview. he mentions being a rapist/child molester.

"I'M GONNA RAPE THE GIRLS! I MIGHT RAPE THE GUYS-"

*several audience members start to clap*

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

as gg allin once said, "bite it you scum, i want your cum, bite it you scum, um yum"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

[img] http://i.imgur.com/H0mzKFm.jpg [/img]

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Aug 18, 2014

• Locked thread