Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Not sure who took the worse end of that, the wall or Holiday's rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Don't run on Caleb Joseph, huh?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Why did Bruce go out to talk to the ump there? Did he want to know if it was a stand-up double or a ground-rule double on account of fan interference? I don't see how that ends up as anything besides a double.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
Span! :woop: Rendon! :woop:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

lol Red Sox

e: they charged Tazawa with two separate errors, haha.

The Pussy Boss fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 19, 2014

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Nats are committed to answering the question: "How many walk-offs is too many walk-offs?"

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Please come back soon, Cutch :(

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
Thanks for being so clutch Stammen but please don't load the bases again. The Nats have been keeping it dramatic the last few days.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Craig Stammen loving owns.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Just forfeit now Reds, you gave up a game tying double to Descalso

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Well, the move to pinch hit for Martinez actually works out. And with Descalso no less.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
HOLY poo poo NICK MARKAKIS GAME SAVING FACEPLANT HOME RUN ROBBING CATCH OF THE YEAR.

e: (week, month maybe) Check that man for a concussion holy gently caress.

goobernoodles fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 19, 2014

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

We'll go for 4th in a row tomorrow I imagine.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
LaRoche with the walk off home run! :woop:

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.
The Nats just love their walk-offs.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

ego symphonic posted:

We'll go for 4th in a row tomorrow I imagine.

Strasburg is pitching tomorrow so either the Dbacks don't score or they win by 4+

E: and Stammen will be resting so if Strasburg goes out early, Detwiler will be out there for multiple innings

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

goobernoodles posted:

HOLY poo poo NICK MARKAKIS GAME SAVING FACEPLANT HOME RUN ROBBING CATCH OF THE YEAR.

e: (week, month maybe) Check that man for a concussion holy gently caress.
Just saw that video :stare:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So Nats opted out of the Rafael Soriano Experience tonight, eh? Just resting him and seeing how he comes back after a little time off, or is there more at work here?

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Zwabu posted:

So Nats opted out of the Rafael Soriano Experience tonight, eh? Just resting him and seeing how he comes back after a little time off, or is there more at work here?

Even without recent performance quality taken into consideration, he probably needed a day off because he's come in a lot recently.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Zwabu posted:

Fans have been calling for his head this week but for tonight at least he was clearly just getting some rest. We'll see what happens, but Williams seems committed enough to Soriano that he'll be the closer for the rest of the year barring an unprecedented meltdown.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Deuces are wild. C'mon, Freeman....

Edit: Dammit. Bases loaded.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
Schoop on the first drat pitch :monocle:

The Reds have the bases loaded, too, and I bet you they score zero runs from it.

e: Ahahaha, yep.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
Hahahaha suck it down. MARKAKIS SAVES A 2R DINGER, SERVES UP A 2R DINGER. :siren:

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
I'm so glad I'm on the Orioles bandwagon.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Abner Assington posted:

Schoop on the first drat pitch :monocle:

The Reds have the bases loaded, too, and I bet you they score zero runs from it.

That's right, thanks to Maness.

Is it luck? Or is it amazing luck?

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
There's no luck involved when you're playing a poo poo team like the Reds of Cincinnati.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Jumbo Diaz is not nearly fat enough for that nickname.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
BBR lists him at 315lbs, so he must have lost some weight.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
The Reds have a pitcher named Jumbo who's 6'4" and 315 pounds?

What, were the Bengals not hiring?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
New old guy AJ drives in the go-ahead run and manages not to get caught in a run-down because nobody was covering first.

I'll take it.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

hahaah

Rosenthal to try and close it in the 9th

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Omg rosenthal is coming in

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

gently caress you forever, matheny you are so goddamnd stupid.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

lmao this rear end in a top hat is gonna pitch rosenthal

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

PotatoJudge posted:

hahaah

Rosenthal to try and close it in the 9th

Yeah, Dan McLaughlin sure sounded excited when he announced it.

Way too excited.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

aj has been good for the cards which surprises me honestly as fas as hitting goes

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

FairGame posted:

Bet you it's a 1-2-3 inning because the Reds are bad.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

FairGame posted:

At least he made a logical double switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Abner Assington posted:

Bet you it's a 1-2-3 inning because the Reds are bad.

Will the reds swing the bat?

If not, they will win.

• Locked thread