Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Dax Treznik

Dax trodded the path back to the resort. The comlink chatter had assured him that the other necessities had been taken care of so his feet took him to the resort's beach. He spent his last few credits on a drink and the associated tip. They would have done him no good in the wilderness anyway. So equipped, Dax settled into a lounge chair to watch the sunset. The waves, combined with the drink, dazzled his eyes and he quickly lost much of his awareness of the passage of time.

A powerful Jedi could have owned this whole planet, he thought to himself. And we're scrounging for supplies just so the empi -- his comlink buzzed, interrupting his train of thought. It was Zam. It was time to move. Instantly Dax became aware that the sunset had completed and it was dark and that perhaps meditation had become a habit all too familiar. He rose from his lounge chair and headed for the rally point, trying to look inconspicuous. Quietly, brusquely Dax informed his comlink and those receiving its signal that, "I'm on the way."

Arriving at the appointed location, Dax approached the congregation. As Zam began the task of assigning the vehicles, Dax indicated to him his agreement with piloting, "Anything but that slow truck."

Sneaking: 3eA+2eD+1eS 2 successes, 2 advantage

Following everyone else's lead here and adding a setback die but sneaking at night? Just curious why that's a setback

Hairy Right Hook fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
The setback die is for the noise of the engines. We actually lost a difficulty die for sneaking out at night. Sneaking out at day would have been 3 difficulty dice and a setback.

Edit: vvvv Well, the stealth check covers sneaking out to the vehicles as well as actually trying to escape on the vehicles, I think.

Flame112 fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 23, 2014

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Oh, we're actually a bit more ahead in time than I realized then. I'll edit my post.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Wroltikk posted:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4r9nuhikb57pzvq/Wroltikk%20-%20Knight%20start.pdf
"I'm very sorry about the mess. I thought I had seen something quite interesting over there," Wroltikk pointed off to the side of the room, "but it is difficult for me to easily walk through rooms as cramped as this. I would gladly help you pick up the items I knocked to the floor."

While the guide was momentarily distracted (I hope) Wroltikk "accidentally" knocked over a second rack.

"Oh no, I'm so sorry. It is just hard to move around in here. Let me help clean that up as well."

As the guide surveyed the destruction, Wroltikk hides the winch on himself, waits for the guard to say he doesn't need anymore help, and gets out of the equipment storage and back to the groups room

"Oh, thats fine sir, please don't worry about it. We'll take care of the mess. In fact, I think I ought to have a word with the manager regarding beings such as yourself that might be visiting us in the future. Are you hurt at all? Do you need anything?"

Right now I see the count as follows:
3 Success
3 Threat
5 Failures
4 Advantage

Still missing a roll from Drubuk (nothing to see here). If I don't hear anything from this time tomorrow I'll roll for him and we'll continue on.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Drubuk: Stealth: 1eP+3eA+1eB+2eD 2 successes, 3 advantage

Total Count:
5 Success
7 Advantage
5 Failures
3 Threat

That comes out to 4 Advantages once everything is canceled, which I'll either let you write how you want to use, or you can use it as a Boost Dice pool for future rolls (1 per person).

Working together, you all quickly gather your gear after the party has died down around 3 AM, and head towards the vehicle hut.

One by one you stuff a rag over the exhaust of the speeders and slowly walk them out of the hut towards the jungle location where Drubuk has hidden the water and extra supplies you'd need to survive the trek to the temple.

Now in the Jungle proper, you've got your maps and a vague sense of where you need to go. Setting out on the speeders is easy enough at first, but once daylight comes in you start to feel drowsy at the boredom of driving a speeder through a jungle.

Everyone needs to make either a Piloting - Planetary check or a Survival check. Both Difficulty 2. Please also talk about your trek through the jungle with the skill roll.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Jobal

Jobal hops aboard the back of one of the two-seated speeders and soon enough, they're off. Jobal rapidly discovers that the speeders aren't exactly built for comfort, or at least, not for the comfort of someone his size. As the morning comes, Jobal tries to keep his mind off of things by looking out for particularly interesting flora and fauna. Unfortunately for his driver, Jobal just can't resist poking him and alerting him to everything he sees. "Just look at that! That flower is massive! And I think just ate something! And over there! What a cute little monkey...thing. I think it's waving to me! Hello, little creature!"

Survival: 2eA+2eD 0 successes, 2 threat
Maybe a setback die for my driver due to how annoying/distracting a passenger I am? :v: Sorry!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Noosian Betaa

Noosian was at peace with his life...there was sometime so calming about being in a nice high-cab vehicle, insulated from the world by a transparisteel screen. It was honestly even better than piloting a spacecraft; the jungle scenery was much more varied that endless stars.

Drivin' a Truck, Drivin' a Big ol' Truck: 2eA+1eB+2eD 1 failure, 1 advantage
Took one of the boosts from the leftover advantage pool. For all the good it did...

That said...trucks, even hovertrucks, were meant to be driving over roads or other packed surfaces. The rough jungle floor was not conducive to smooth driving and Noosian could hear all their supplies and equipment rattling around the bed. Hopefully nothing was damaged beyond repair...

MR, Dunno how severely you want to punish a single Failure, but something has fallen out/gotten damaged/whatever.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 26, 2014

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Wroltikk

Hopping on to one of the quicker speeders, Wroltikk started up, still wondering how nobody had noticed them leave when they had gotten out with the subtlety of a rampaging bantha.

It had been a while since Wroltikk had piloted something like this, but he was able to get a handle on it and get it going properly adequately. The thick forest that had looked barely passable actually had some fairly wide trails the the hover vehicles could move through, though they had to go slow to get around some of the larger trees. At times, it almost seemed as if they were being watched from the forest...

He started to reach out with the force to sense anybody (or anything) watching, but decided to instead concentrate on driving. I am not using either of the force points I rolled.

Pilot (Planetary): 1eP+2eA+1eB+2eD 0 successes

Force Sense: 2eF 2 Dark Side

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Zam Osh

Conflict: 4

Zam made the assumption that he would be best suited to one of the simpler, slower hover bikes. As the vehicle mostly drove itself he was free to jot down observations on his data pad concerning foliage patterns and density. If there was a hidden Jedi temple somewhere in the dense forest, there might be changes in the environment to indicate its presence. His scanner goggles allowed him to see quite clearly in the dark and he made sure to point out any hazardous terrain so that the bikes or truck could avoid it. "Out of curiosity," he said, to break the tedium of the trip if nothing else, "what do we have to ward off native predators, should we decide to make camp? I'm not well versed in the habits of these 'vornskyr', will a circle fire be enough to ward them off? What I have read about Corellian predatory felines suggests a wall of thorn brush or simple pit traps might serve to discourage such beasts."

Survival: 1eP+2eA+2eD 1 success, 2 advantage

Advantage to throw a boost die (maybe retroactively?) out to someone making a piloting check.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Jobal posted:

obal hops aboard the back of one of the two-seated speeders and soon enough, they're off. Jobal rapidly discovers that the speeders aren't exactly built for comfort, or at least, not for the comfort of someone his size. As the morning comes, Jobal tries to keep his mind off of things by looking out for particularly interesting flora and fauna. Unfortunately for his driver, Jobal just can't resist poking him and alerting him to everything he sees. "Just look at that! That flower is massive! And I think just ate something! And over there! What a cute little monkey...thing. I think it's waving to me! Hello, little creature!"

Jobal's jerking of the driver of his little speeder, Drubuk, throws it into a large bush that Drubuk was trying hard not to hit. this caused something small and angry, a swarm of vicious insects, to erupt from the bush and cover both Drubuk and Jobal.

Both Jobal and Drubuk, make a Resilience check with Difficulty 2. Feel free to use any boosts.

Noosian Betaa posted:

Noosian was at peace with his life...there was sometime so calming about being in a nice high-cab vehicle, insulated from the world by a transparisteel screen. It was honestly even better than piloting a spacecraft; the jungle scenery was much more varied that endless stars.

That said...trucks, even hovertrucks, were meant to be driving over roads or other packed surfaces. The rough jungle floor was not conducive to smooth driving and Noosian could hear all their supplies and equipment rattling around the bed. Hopefully nothing was damaged beyond repair...

When Noosian turns around to inspect the rattle, he finds that some of the canteens carefully stowed in the truck bed had shaken loose and fallen out of the truck. This rattles Noosian, who feels like he's responsible for not stowing those canteens safely.

Noosian's strain threshold is temporarily reduced by 1. Thats right, you're strain is now at 11/11. Yes this is in the book.

However when Noosian stops to search for the missing canteen, he spies some odd tracks on the ground...

This seems to be quite a large creature, and its strange that its so close to the Resort when no one has mentioned it. The way its tracks moves seems like its a stalking type of creature.

Wroltikk posted:

Hopping on to one of the quicker speeders, Wroltikk started up, still wondering how nobody had noticed them leave when they had gotten out with the subtlety of a rampaging bantha.

It had been a while since Wroltikk had piloted something like this, but he was able to get a handle on it and get it going properly adequately. The thick forest that had looked barely passable actually had some fairly wide trails the the hover vehicles could move through, though they had to go slow to get around some of the larger trees. At times, it almost seemed as if they were being watched from the forest...

He started to reach out with the force to sense anybody (or anything) watching, but decided to instead concentrate on driving.

Wroltikk's adventure into the jungle so far has been rather uneventful, and somewhat boring for him. There's only so much jungle one can look at before you get bored, of course, and this jungle wasn't as interesting as Kashyyk.

Zam Osh posted:

Zam made the assumption that he would be best suited to one of the simpler, slower hover bikes. As the vehicle mostly drove itself he was free to jot down observations on his data pad concerning foliage patterns and density. If there was a hidden Jedi temple somewhere in the dense forest, there might be changes in the environment to indicate its presence. His scanner goggles allowed him to see quite clearly in the dark and he made sure to point out any hazardous terrain so that the bikes or truck could avoid it. "Out of curiosity," he said, to break the tedium of the trip if nothing else, "what do we have to ward off native predators, should we decide to make camp? I'm not well versed in the habits of these 'vornskyr', will a circle fire be enough to ward them off? What I have read about Corellian predatory felines suggests a wall of thorn brush or simple pit traps might serve to discourage such beasts."

As Zam ponders the questions he has oof the vornskyr, he spies something.... unnatrual in the jungle.

Its a sign! A Sign advertising the resort! How odd. When Zam checks behind the sign however, he finds supplies. Some quality hunting knives, a stash of canteens, some preserved food, and a small blaster pistol. This looks to be a cache used by the guides in case of emergencies.

What do you all do? Also, thats enough rolls for the first day.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Drubuk

Drubuk relaxs as he pilots his speeder through thr jungle. The journey had just enough obstacles to keep him alert, but not enough to actually challenge him. That is, until Jobal shook his shoulder a bit too hard when pointing out a hive of rare jungle bees, sending Drubuk straight past their hive. Drubuk jerked away from the worst of it at the last minute, but that just made it worse for Jobal.

In the jungle, there are no speed limits (piloting planetary): 4eA+2eD 2 successes, 2 advantage

BEEEES (resilience): 2eA+1eB+2eD 4 successes, 1 threat

Using one of the advantages from the piloting check for a boost on the resilience check, the other advantage can go to Jobal. Threat on the resilience check goes to giving him a setbeck? Also, my two force dice are committed to Sense, one on the defensive power and one on the offensive.

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 26, 2014

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Desa Runningrider

Riding alongside Wroltikk, Desa was grateful for a quick stop with fresher air.

"A supply cache? I guess we're still on the trail, or at least in known territory."

His instinct for compassion suggested that other people needed the supplies to be where they were expected, but...their mission was important. And the resort staff had been snide with them- if they knew the planet so well, they could figure something out.

"It's good that we found this stuff. There's a hunting expedition out here that's been missing for a few days. If we take the supplies ourselves, we can help them if we find them- it doesn't sound like the guides have been doing their jobs."

Without waiting for further deliberation, he took the knives, the canteens, the food and the pistol and moved them to the hovertruck.

Do I get some conflict for stealing?

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Jobal

"Oh, look, is that a hive of Felucian Fire Hornets over there? I wonder how they came to be here...wait, Drubuk, get us away from there!" Drubuk swerves in time for his half of the speeder to avoid the worst of the stinging insects, unfortunately sending Jobal right into the bush to take the brunt of it. Fortunately, Jobal's thick fur helps him avoid some of the stings.

Resilience (gently caress bees): 1eA+1eP+1eB+2eD+1eS 2 failures, 1 advantage

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Zam Osh

"Ah," he began as Desa grabbed the supplies, his face an easily readable mask of annoyance. "Serendipity of this cache aside, does the placement of the sign not bother any one else? We are far outside the resort, why would there be such a sign, rather than something useful to guides like 'Waypoint 15 Charlie' or some such?"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Noosian Betaa

Noosian, berating himself for his sloppy driving performance, informs the rest of his colleagues milling around the supply cache about the unusually large animal tracks.

"-and I can't really tell what kind of creature left them, but they're awfully large. It may be nothing, but the valet and the nature guide didn't really indicate that there were any particularly large creatures near the resort grounds. We need to be on guard."

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Drubuk posted:

Drubuk relaxs as he pilots his speeder through thr jungle. The journey had just enough obstacles to keep him alert, but not enough to actually challenge him. That is, until Jobal shook his shoulder a bit too hard when pointing out a hive of rare jungle bees, sending Drubuk straight past their hive. Drubuk jerked away from the worst of it at the last minute, but that just made it worse for Jobal.

Jobal posted:

"Oh, look, is that a hive of Felucian Fire Hornets over there? I wonder how they came to be here...wait, Drubuk, get us away from there!" Drubuk swerves in time for his half of the speeder to avoid the worst of the stinging insects, unfortunately sending Jobal right into the bush to take the brunt of it. Fortunately, Jobal's thick fur helps him avoid some of the stings.

Drubuk's quick reactions on the speeder keep most of the Bees away from his person, but unfortunantly for Jobal, he got a mouth full of bees which sting through his coat. The thick coat stops some of the stings, but still the poison seeps through.

Jobal, you take 4 Wound Damage

Desa Runningrider posted:

Riding alongside Wroltikk, Desa was grateful for a quick stop with fresher air.

"A supply cache? I guess we're still on the trail, or at least in known territory."

His instinct for compassion suggested that other people needed the supplies to be where they were expected, but...their mission was important. And the resort staff had been snide with them- if they knew the planet so well, they could figure something out.

"It's good that we found this stuff. There's a hunting expedition out here that's been missing for a few days. If we take the supplies ourselves, we can help them if we find them- it doesn't sound like the guides have been doing their jobs."

Without waiting for further deliberation, he took the knives, the canteens, the food and the pistol and moved them to the hovertruck.

Desa quickly scoops up the supplis which had clearly been set aside for emergencies. He feels nothing bad about this act at first, but after doing some reflection on the matter at night, he realizes that what he has done is wrong.

Everyone gains 2 Boost for any checks the following day due to the cache, but Desa gains 2 conflict for looting the cache.

The next morning, you wake up to a fresh day. Nothing has disturbed you over the night, and most of you, with the exception of Jobal who is still fighting the poison in his system, are ready to take off on your next day of working through the jungle.

Looking over the speeders, you see that you still have enough fuel to reach your destination... you think... and return. You're ready to depart.

Everyone, same deal. Piloting (Planetary) or Survival. If you want to use a different skill in place, give justification for doing so.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Zam Osh

The ride continues to be a smooth one as Zam let the HTV do most of the hard work. He continued to make notes on how the overall performance of the vehicle might be improved before their return trip considering the various flora they were having to traverse.

Survival: 1eP+2eA+2eB+2eD 3 successes

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Wroltikk

After a good nights sleep and a good meal, Wroltikk was able to remember much better how to pilot ground vehicles well. He pretty much put his body on autopilot and traverssed the jungle with no trouble. He hoped that others seeing his path through the jungle would allow them to be able to get through it better.

Shortly after, getting tired of the feeling of eyes on him all day, he reached out with his mind to sense all the fauna in the area.

Pilot (Planetary): 1eP+2eA+2eB+2eD 4 successes, 2 advantage

Somebody who isn't that great at piloting or survival should use the advantage I got.

+1 conflict (1 total)

I am going to use one dark side point to use my force sense to do what I said.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Noosian Betaa

Another day another truck session. Noosian had a strategy this time; the radio was turned down low and he tucked in right behind Wroltikk.

Drivin' a Truck Redux: 2eA+1eB+2eD 2 successes

Used the Advantages from our Wookiee Buddy for that Boost die

Today's trek went much better than yesterday's. Noosian stuck on the trail, nothing rattled its way loose, nobody got hurt. Truly a good day to be a truck driver.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Jobal

While the others set up camp, Jobal mostly just fidgets and scratches at his stings. Anyone who tries to engage him in conversation or comfort him quickly finds out that he is snappy and quite irritated. As night falls, Jobal's many stings make it hard to fall asleep, and Jobal falls back on the meditation techniques taught to him by their master. As he slows his breathing and opens his mind to the universe, he feels the power of the Force coming to him as if it had been called to him. When the Drall wakes up in the morning, he no longer feels the painful effects of the venom, and the only evidence of yesterday's painful stings is a few lingering bumps.

Jobal rummages through the equipment that Desa found and finds a map rolled up in an airtight cylinder. At first glance, the map looks like a great asset: similar to the ones that Noosian found, but updated recently with several different hazards. Hopping onto the back of Drubuk's speeder again, Jobal gives directions based on the information on the map. Hours later, Jobal realizes that what he thought were areas marked as hazardous were actually just some cigarette burns and some other mysterious stains. As it turns out, rather than cleverly avoiding hazards, Jobal just ended up leading Drubuk around on a very inefficient path through the jungle. Jobal quietly tears up the map, scatters the pieces behind the speeder, and keeps the knowledge of the map's uselessness to himself.

Force roll for Heal: 3eF 3 Light Side, 1 Dark Side

Spending 1 FP to heal all my wounds.

Survival, day 2 (boost from the map): 2eA+1eB+2eD 1 failure

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Drubuk

Drubuk spends his second day in the jungle much the same way as his first, enjoying the ride and trying to ignore Jobal. Still, when he said he had a map Drubuk listened, in what turned out to be a poor decision.

In the jungle, there are no speed limits (piloting planetary): 4eA+2eD 3 successes, 2 advantage

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Zam Osh posted:

The ride continues to be a smooth one as Zam let the HTV do most of the hard work. He continued to make notes on how the overall performance of the vehicle might be improved before their return trip considering the various flora they were having to traverse.

Survival: 1eP+2eA+2eB+2eD 3 successes

Noosian Betaa posted:

Another day another truck session. Noosian had a strategy this time; the radio was turned down low and he tucked in right behind Wroltikk.

Today's trek went much better than yesterday's. Noosian stuck on the trail, nothing rattled its way loose, nobody got hurt. Truly a good day to be a truck driver.

Jobal posted:

While the others set up camp, Jobal mostly just fidgets and scratches at his stings. Anyone who tries to engage him in conversation or comfort him quickly finds out that he is snappy and quite irritated. As night falls, Jobal's many stings make it hard to fall asleep, and Jobal falls back on the meditation techniques taught to him by their master. As he slows his breathing and opens his mind to the universe, he feels the power of the Force coming to him as if it had been called to him. When the Drall wakes up in the morning, he no longer feels the painful effects of the venom, and the only evidence of yesterday's painful stings is a few lingering bumps.

Jobal rummages through the equipment that Desa found and finds a map rolled up in an airtight cylinder. At first glance, the map looks like a great asset: similar to the ones that Noosian found, but updated recently with several different hazards. Hopping onto the back of Drubuk's speeder again, Jobal gives directions based on the information on the map. Hours later, Jobal realizes that what he thought were areas marked as hazardous were actually just some cigarette burns and some other mysterious stains. As it turns out, rather than cleverly avoiding hazards, Jobal just ended up leading Drubuk around on a very inefficient path through the jungle. Jobal quietly tears up the map, scatters the pieces behind the speeder, and keeps the knowledge of the map's uselessness to himself.

Force roll for Heal: 3eF 3 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
Spending 1 FP to heal all my wounds.
Survival, day 2 (boost from the map): 2eA+1eB+2eD 1 failure

Drubuk posted:

Drubuk spends his second day in the jungle much the same way as his first, enjoying the ride and trying to ignore Jobal. Still, when he said he had a map Drubuk listened, in what turned out to be a poor decision.

In the jungle, there are no speed limits (piloting planetary): 4eA+2eD 3 successes, 2 advantage

The majority of you (with the exception of Jobal) spend a good day on the trail. You are all able to pilot or hold on well enough to keep yourselves moving into the jungle, however as you reach the river and start the run down it, you notice something.

The further north you get, the more the air seems to dim... and the more you feel like there is a huge weight being pushed on your shoulders. This is a new feeling for the majority of you, something that is associated with an area of the force most of you have little to no experience with. This seems to be the dark force that Dax sensed when he attempted to locate this area before.

Wroltikk posted:

After a good nights sleep and a good meal, Wroltikk was able to remember much better how to pilot ground vehicles well. He pretty much put his body on autopilot and traverssed the jungle with no trouble. He hoped that others seeing his path through the jungle would allow them to be able to get through it better.

Shortly after, getting tired of the feeling of eyes on him all day, he reached out with his mind to sense all the fauna in the area.

Pilot (Planetary): 1eP+2eA+2eB+2eD 4 successes, 2 advantage

Wroltikk reaches out with the force, attempting to determine what is currently around them as they stalk through the jungle. Startled, he finds that they are being tracked by a pack of dark-feeling creatures that hunt in packs.

These creatures are not approaching enough to be any trouble to you now, but you know that the full pack of them could be troublesome if they attacked all at once.

Sensing that they wouldn't attack you unless provoked, for they are scared of the noise generated by the speeders, Wroltikk suggests they set up camp and prepare to bunk down for the night in a protected grove nearby.

The next morning you wake up to the beautiful view of the river you're following north.

The sun shining through the trees on the still water is calming and peaceful. However once you mount your speeders and take, the weather changes and becomes very nasty.

Despite this setback you strive on, determined to make the temple today. Your map puts you only a few miles away.

One more set of checks, however add 2 Setback () to your check due to rain.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Dax Treznik

Dax had taken one of the faster lifeguard speeders on this trek and quickly found out that piloting a landspeeder through a jungle is much different from piloting a starship through an empty void. Dense foliage swatted at his face as he went winding through the trees. Unfamiliar insects occasionally found their way up to the speeder's foot panel and Dax would stop to stomp them out.

The rain was especially stressful for Dax as the speeder did not provide any shelter. As larger droplets collided with the forest canopy they dislodged bits of leaves and organic matter which clung to Dax's face.

Survival: 2eP+1eA+1eB+2eD+2eS 0 successes, 2 threat

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Wroltikk

Rain... Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain. Rain was a wonderful thing... when you were sitting in a nice dry place watching it going on outside.

Having to travel through it in an open air speeder? That wasn't as fun. In fact, it was pretty much miserable.

It was just so hard to pay attention to the passing scenery, and Wroltikk just couldn't see if there was anything out there that could be useful.

Singing in the rain... pilot (planetary): 1eP+2eA+2eD+2eS 0 successes, 1 threat

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Noosian Betaa

Of course it was raining. Of. Course. Noosian was having enough trouble keeping the truck on the trail, and today he had fallen a bit behind and didn't have a compatriot to shadow quite as closely. Oh well...maybe the universe would shine on him a little...

Flipped a DP for this check

Drivin' in the rain: 1eP+1eA+2eD+2eS 2 failures, 3 threat

This did not go well at all. He was fishtailing all over the place, supplies were bouncing around the bed, and Noosian's mood just grew grimmer and grimmer.

Current Strain: 3/11

Took the threats as strain; I'll leave the specifics of the failures up to you.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Desa Runningrider

music

Opening up his awareness while Wroltikk navigated the speeder and politely blocked most of the sudden rain with his body, Desa felt the newly darker current of the world around them. He had to wonder if the others were aware of it as well, if their sense of the Force was rarefied enough to perceive it. Noosian's, maybe. He'd been lucky enough to encounter the real deal in the last days of the Jedi Order, not just their master's hidden teachings, and so naturally he had a sense of being more comfortable with it than the rest of them.

It could have been him being raised among the Jedi, growing his potential greatness from the beginning, if only his true parents that he just knew were Knights hadn't been so cowardly as to abandon him for "safety". But that didn't matter now. It seemed almost unbelievable, but so right that he should be so close now. The setbacks and small humiliations he'd endured to this point were a little side trip, a detour on the way to his true destiny. The sense of foreboding in the air, the quiet urging to turn away, that just confirmed it.

Absorbed as he was in his own thoughts, he didn't pass on much useful advice to Wroltikk about immediate dangers he detected along the path.

Survival to navigate: 1eP+2eA+2eD+2eS 2 failures

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Zam Osh

Traveling in the rain was a miserable affair but Zam managed to recognize flora he had previously identified and tried his best to keep his companions on the right path. His HTV wasn't having the best time, however. The basic service vehicles were rated All Weather but were hardly as robust as the cargo truck or amphibious rescue bikes so Zam found himself constantly wiping rain water clear of the holo display and wrestling with the on-board computer as it whined about unstable terrain.

Survival in the rain: 1eP+2eA+2eD+2eS 3 successes, 3 threat

Unless MustacheRide wants to do something with that Threat, I will take it as System Strain on the hover bike.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Dax Treznik posted:

Survival: 2eP+1eA+1eB+2eD+2eS 0 successes, 2 threat

Wroltikk posted:

Singing in the rain... pilot (planetary): 1eP+2eA+2eD+2eS 0 successes, 1 threat

Noosian Betaa posted:

Drivin' in the rain: 1eP+1eA+2eD+2eS 2 failures, 3 threat

Zam Osh posted:

Survival in the rain: 1eP+2eA+2eD+2eS 3 successes, 3 threat

Cumulative
3 Successes
9 Threat
4 Failures

Your final day trudging through the rain is a tough one. Weather, and the combined strain without constant repair has caused all but the speedertruck to break down, and you have decided to proceed on foot to complete your goal. As you touch the ground after climbing off your speeders, you feel a strange feeling come over you, as if gravity is weighing more heavily down upon you. You are all rather testy and emotional with each other, barking mean responses at one another as you hike among the jungle, something which you have, as a group, not experienced. Finally the large river you have been following for the past few days seems to ebb into a stream, and as you climb through the final bushes you are assaulted with the view of a temple sitting above the stream leading back towards the river.

The temple is huge. Made of stone and covered with the growth of the jungle, it is not surprising no one of the resort has located it yet. Strange dark vines, those that seem to be the corruption of similar vines you've seen on the past day surround the temple, and the trees and growth seem to hide it from aerial scans.

As you ascend the staircase to the courtyard of the temple, You find the trail blocked by three landspeeders and a group of people in travel-stained gear, all bearing hunting blasters and fierce expressions. One of the leaders speaks up. “Well, well, well. Lost in the wilderness, are you? Bad for you, but maybe good for us.” He grins, menacingly.

Everyone's Strain Threshold is temporarily reduced by 2 for the cumulative failures and threat you've taken. Also, everyone gains 2 conflict. Don't worry about taking personal strain, this was a group check. What do you do now?

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Zam Osh

Wounds: 11/11 | Strain: 11/11 | Conflict: 4

"-And no, I don't see how you can construe this as my fault. I didn't see anyone else helping with the vehicles and I certainly didn't hear anyone request that we just walk into the drat jungle!"

Mustache Ride posted:

“Well, well, well. Lost in the wilderness, are you? Bad for you, but maybe good for us.” He grins, menacingly.

Surprised and still lost in his momentary pique, Zam acted against his better judgement brought the Force to bear against their would-be agressors.

Move: Gimme that!: 2eF 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side

Move- 1 Light to activate and 1 Light to increase range to Medium (which is where these guys are I assume). I have Control 2 which lets me pull objects from a secure mounting or someone's grasp.

The Rodian's hands recoiled reflexively as his blaster rifle left his grasp as though he had dropped it. The weapon never hit the ground, however, and instead rose to hover at head level, barrel pointed at the forehead of its previous owner. "No," Zam said, "it's bad all around."

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Jobal
0/12 Wounds, 0/13 (15 normally) Strain, 2 Conflict

Jobal suspects that he's not actually providing any help to Drubuk and mostly stays quiet during the pouring rain. Nevertheless, their speeder begins malfunctioning and they go the rest of the distance on foot. Jobal swears it isn't his fault, this time, but Drubuk disagrees, and the two are in the middle of a heated argument when they stumble upon the group of strangers.

"Lost? I do believe we've finally found what we're looking for. I can't imagine what people like you would be doing in a place like this, though."

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Wroltikk

Wroltikk was wet, muddy, and annoyed that the hover vehicles broke down. When some people showed up threatening them, he got even more annoyed. Wroltikk was generally an easy going Wookiee. He really didn't like people noticing him that much. But these last few days had been pushing him.

He was still cautious, so he reached surreptitiously into is bag and put his hand on his training saber, for if this became a fight.

He was fairly sure that he got his hand on his weapon without being seen, and he shifted himself so that people behind him could do the same.

He also started reaching out with the force to see if there were any other beings watching them. It was hard, and it seemed like the dark side was a stronger right here than it had been. Using one of my dark side points to use force sense on the area. +1 conflict

Coordination - Reach to grab weapon quietly: 3eA+2eD 1 success, 1 advantage

My coordination and stealth are the same, so I went with the one I haven't used before.
If somebody else wants to try to get hold of one of their weapons, you get a boost die, since you are using my body to hide your actions.

e:added in force sense

Strong Mouse fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 5, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Noosian Betaa

Strain 0/9 - Wounds 0/12 - Conflict 2

Noosian stepped forward and laid a hand on Zam's outstretched arm. "Now now, lets not ventilate anyone quite yet." He turned toward the hostile group and put on a calm, easygoing smile. "I think we can all just take a step back from this and calm down, now can't we?"

Charm check plus my Influence power

Calming things down: 1eP+3eA+3eF+2eD 1 failure, 1 advantage, 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side

Noosian gave himself a mental kick. What a pathetic opening line. Stretching out to the Force, Noosian tried to smooth the mind of the leader that Zam had disarmed.

Spending the 2 light points on Success (per my control upgrade). Final result it 1 Success, 1 Advantage

It seemed to have an effect. The Rodian's expression of murderous rage mellowed down to mere grumpiness.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Dax Treznik

Dax is able to determine absolutely nothing special about this hunting party except the obvious: They look grumpy. It does however dawn on him that he and the rest of his party has been bickering over the last day too. Now that Noosian has managed to calm the hunters a bit, Dax addresses him and the rest of the party, "Perhaps they are victims of the same forces that have caused us to fight among ourselves."

Committing 1 force rating to upgrade perception/vigilance checks (Seek power)
Perception - checking out the hunting party: 3eP+2eD 0 successes

Perception - forgot my racial boost die: 1eB 0 successes, 1 advantage

Net total 0 successes, 1 advantage
Edit: Originally I was going to commit 2 force rating, but changed it to 1 because I forgot to roll enough dice.

Hairy Right Hook fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 5, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Zam Osh posted:

Surprised and still lost in his momentary pique, Zam acted against his better judgement brought the Force to bear against their would-be agressors.

Move: Gimme that!: 2eF 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side

The Rodian's hands recoiled reflexively as his blaster rifle left his grasp as though he had dropped it. The weapon never hit the ground, however, and instead rose to hover at head level, barrel pointed at the forehead of its previous owner. "No," Zam said, "it's bad all around."

The Rodian, who's expressions as he notices you go from deranged to outraged, reacts by ducking under the barrel of the blaster rifle and drawing his vibroknife, rushing Zam without giving a second thought to the others behind him.

Two other tough looking guides seem to emerge from the foilage, and immediately start opening up on everyone.

Take 5 conflict for starting a fight! You have a turn to respond before he reaches you, but you'll have to roll another move check to fire using his blaster, and also a Ranged (Heavy) check to hit anything.

Jobal posted:

"Lost? I do believe we've finally found what we're looking for. I can't imagine what people like you would be doing in a place like this, though."

Jobal's question is overlooked, as many of the hunting expedition seem unsure of what to do. The guides that have appeared (there are now 3) all draw their blasters and aim them at your group, but the Resort guests, all with a dark expression on their face, seem unsure of what to do. You can tell that hey are all armed with the standard Blaster Rifles that the resort was equipping expeditions with, however.

Wroltikk posted:

Wroltikk was wet, muddy, and annoyed that the hover vehicles broke down. When some people showed up threatening them, he got even more annoyed. Wroltikk was generally an easy going Wookiee. He really didn't like people noticing him that much. But these last few days had been pushing him.

He was still cautious, so he reached surreptitiously into is bag and put his hand on his training saber, for if this became a fight.

He was fairly sure that he got his hand on his weapon without being seen, and he shifted himself so that people behind him could do the same.

He also started reaching out with the force to see if there were any other beings watching them. It was hard, and it seemed like the dark side was a stronger right here than it had been.

Wroltikk grasps his training saber, which still feels very small in his Wookiee hands. As he reaches out with the force, he notices something... these do not seem like people in control. These seems like beings that have lost control of their inhibitions and are running on full emotion, as if they were dark side force users. The Resort guests don't seem to have lost all control, but they still seem to have their emotions at the forefront of their minds, rather than the cool logic of beings in control.

Noosian Betaa posted:

Noosian stepped forward and laid a hand on Zam's outstretched arm. "Now now, lets not ventilate anyone quite yet." He turned toward the hostile group and put on a calm, easygoing smile. "I think we can all just take a step back from this and calm down, now can't we?"

Although Noosian's calming words do have an effect on the Resort Guests who are with the Expedition Guides, the guides completely ignore his words and Noosian can see their trigger fingers slightly depressing the triggers of their blaster pistols.

The Resort guests, however, all seem to have a dark feeling lifted from their faces as they lower their blaster rifles.

Sorry, doesn't effect the Expedition Guides, they're too far gone now, and Zam pissed them off. :v:

Dax Treznik posted:

Dax is able to determine absolutely nothing special about this hunting party except the obvious: They look grumpy. It does however dawn on him that he and the rest of his party has been bickering over the last day too. Now that Noosian has managed to calm the hunters a bit, Dax addresses him and the rest of the party, "Perhaps they are victims of the same forces that have caused us to fight among ourselves."

Dax's search of the emotions of the strangers in front of him don't yield any obvious results, however it is plain to see that they are under the spell of some Dark Side force power.

So right now, Noosian has calmed down the minions, however the Expedition Guides are still raring for a fight. There are 3 of them (2 with rifles, and 1 with a knife charging towards Zax).

Initiative
Exp Hunter 1: 2 Successes
Exp Hunter 2: 1 Success; 1 Threat
Exp Hunter 3: 0 Successes
Zam: 1 Successes; 2 Threat
Desa: 0 Successes; 5 adv
Noosian: 0 Successes; 2 Adv
Jobal[url]: 0 Successes; 1 Adv
[url=http://orokos.com/roll/219255]Dax
: 0 Successes
Wroltikk: 2 Failures

Their combined Successes surpasses your combined successes, so they go first. However they have already acted this round, so everyone is up. COMBAT. Also, someone might want to continue to calm the minions otherwise they might join the fight. Maybe you can sway them to your side too....

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Drubuk

Drubuk was moody from the jungle's humidity and insects even before the presence on him amplified these annoyances, so when the deranged guard charged Zam, Drubuk was slightly glad for a problem he could just shoot. A shot from his rifle arced towards the Rodian, but it missed him by a hair's width as the Rodian just continued to run.

Shooting the place up! (ranged heavy): 3eP+1eA+3eD 0 successes

I assumed medium range for the charging guard. Also 2 prof dice coming up blank arrg. Reminder that any attacks against me have their diffculty upgraded twice (so the guides with guns are rolling challenge dice)

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Sep 6, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yes, Medium distance to the two with guns, so 3D checks unless you move closer.

The one charging is Close, and you can move to be engaged with him.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Wroltikk

Beginning of turn: 20/0 wounds 9-2/0 strain
End of turn: 20/0 wounds 9-2/1 strain

Seeing two more guides pop out of the foliage, and angry that they are being controlled somehow, Wroltikk strains (+2 strain) himself to rush at the one off the the left, getting right up in his face almost instantly (move from medium to engaged.

Bringing his training saber across his opponents body, he scores a clean hit. (7 stun damage 6 base plus 1 success)

With how well the attack went, Wroltikk feels slightly better about what happened (using my advantage to lower my strain -1 strain), but immediatly gets ready to dodge the next incoming attack (+1 strain to upgrade the difficult of the next attack against me by 1. I am not going to add the strain until/unless I get attacked)

(Training) Lightsaber time!: 2eP+2eA+2eD 1 success, 1 advantage

Most of my advantage during combat is going to go to healing my strain since my threshold is so low. Don't expect too many bonuses from me.

e:forgot to add successes to my damage

Strong Mouse fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 7, 2014

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Jobal
0/12 Wounds, 0/13 (15 normally) Strain, 2 Conflict

"What are you doing?! We're guests from the resort!" When the blasters get pulled out, Jobal dives for cover behind a crumbling pillar. "Aren't you the guides from the resort? You're supposed to be protecting us! We can still stop this fighting before anyone gets hurt!" Jobal's words seem to have some kind of effect. Nobody lowers their blasters, but they look slightly uncertain about what they're doing.

Charm some guests: 2eA+1eP+1eD 0 successes, 1 advantage

Next person to roll something can add a bonus die.

Flame112 fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 6, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Noosian Betaa

Strain 0/9 - Wounds 0/12 - Conflict 2

Noosian let out some Jedi-friendly swears and dropped to one knee. He kept his hand outstretched to the now-merely-consternated gaggle of guests behind the berserking nature guides. He wasn't going to be much use in a fight, so might as well try to keep any other combatants from joining in. For now he merely pushed feelings of peace and goodwill out toward them as he inched closer.

Noosian's gameplan is to use straight Influence and as soon as he gets to Close range, he'll start talking to them with Charm. Using my maneuver to start moving toward them, and Influence as my action.

Calming the Guests: 3eF 6 Light Side

Yeah, gonna dump all my Light points to start calming people. I don't have any magnitude upgrades, so can I send just general good vibes in a wave? Or do I need to target each person individually?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Zam Osh

Wounds: 11/11 | Strain: 10/11 | Soak:3 | Conflict: 10

There was a moment of panic as the rodian charged. Under any other circumstances, Zam would have ran or at least apologized but his choler was up in way he'd rarely felt. Without thinking he reached out to the force in self defense.

Move: 2eF 2 Dark Side

Taking the Strain and Conflict to use 1 Dark Side point

What he found was something dark and jagged but it would have to do. As Jobal's pleas drew the rodian's eyes away for an instant, Zam beckoned with his fingers and the hovering rifle flew towards the charging guide.

Move: flying rifle!: 1eP+2eA+1eB 5 successes, 1 advantage

Difficulty is based on Silhouette and a weapon is sil 0. Sil 0 items deal 5 damage before soak. Move is a really weird power...

• Locked thread