Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
people are duimping buckets of ice water on themselves in order to get out of donating to als research?

seems kinda lovely rly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
gas

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
If you donate to puppies, you can get out of donating to virtually every other foundation.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
The point of dumping ice water on your head is because with ALS you lose control of your voluntary muscle control, and dumping ice water has a similar half second effect. It's supposed to show support by simulating what those people experience all day long. Then they also donate to charity after.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHXaXBAh3m4

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
Plats dump water on themselves and donate. Only the poors (nonPlats) dump water on themselves and cheap out on the donation. You poor.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
that's why im sucking a dick rn. to show support for lgbt causes by seeing how it feels to be gay

Miss Cheggs
Mar 22, 2007

obama got out of the challenge by donating $100 dollars to ALS research

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

The New York Times posted:

Donations to the ALS Association have spiked. As of Sunday, the association said it had received $13.3 million in donations since July 29, compared with $1.7 million during the same period last year. It said there were about 260,000 new donors. (With a spate of celebrities and business executives joining in over the past few days and pledging contributions, that number is expected to rise.)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ALS research better not hold this as some sort of permanent new funding level, or else they're in for some shiiiiiiiit

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Doctor: Your test results are in. I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but it's ALS.
Patient: Brrrrrr!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

What the gently caress is ALS, sounds like made up bullshit to me

I only support ALF

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Don Tacorleone posted:

What the gently caress is ALS, sounds like made up bullshit to me

I only support ALF

I only support the KLF because they are justified and ancient.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So now I can give chicks in white shirts a bucket of ice water and they'll have to pour it on themselves and donate money?

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

Even this dork did it. Come on, Obama.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

its rly funny that triple h still goes by that even though he's like a vp at wwf now.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
You put the lime in the coconut, you drink them both up.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

im down with OPP

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yay bonuses for the ALS research team this year!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYjEF6e_n8

obama dump the water

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
i do als male poo poo

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
People getting wet

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

wanna see stephen hawking get doused

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
this is the only one i wanted to see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3h0_x-hqkI

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

gently caress lou gherig

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The only way to cure all genetic therapy is donation via an ice water shaved headed fun run

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

the people in these videos are barely reacting to it

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
It's probably not that big of a deal. Obama's scared to death of it though.

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I mean they could just mow someone's lawn for $20 and give that. Yep thanks for the water spectacle or eating eggs

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
wanna see Wilford Brimley get in on this

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

BULBASAUR posted:

wanna see Wilford Brimley get in on this

'I'm gonna eat 500 bear claws for beetus'

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Most of them don't even have ice in their water :wtc:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Schrodingers cat posted:

Most of them don't even have ice in their water :wtc:

well you see the paltry amount of ice in my freezer only lasts for so long in a bucket while i make the video

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

If Obama did the ice bucket challenge there would be a ton of claims on conservative radio programs that ALS is a false flag operation & a spate of people with ALS getting pushed out of their wheelchairs & being called terrorists.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Wear a towel over your face before you dump ice water over it. To keep your head warm.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
wait this is for als research? i thought it was for water boarding awareness

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's to raise awareness so other people with money can donate obviously

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Hold a towel over somebody else's face while you dump ice water on it. To keep their head warm.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Wear a towel over your face before you dump ice water over it. To keep your head warm.

.............ohhhh haha i get it, it's a waterboarding reference! :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Rock's video is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H9bwPclRoo

• Locked thread