Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
So uh, Ivan wants to do a banzai charge.

Likely results?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Without mortar prep and armor support, the eight billion MG42s pin the infantry. Toot toot.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
Might I suggest some more battalion S2 officer positions for the next battle, or whatever would be appropriate to call them- players who stick to one thread only and help coordinate recon, sight lines, intelligence etc. without having any specific unit commands. They could also form a pool of reserve officers to take over for dropouts.

If we play another game I would love to sight another gun or mg again, but I would also really like to see new people who want to play get a shot.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Oh my, they had an artillery mission plotted on the 88s that would've come in the next few minutes.

Also, they've had sound and brief-sight contacts of Soup Inspector and anilEhilated's tanks inside the town for several turns now, but didn't really have any plan (or means?) to dislodge/attack them. That sort of worked in our favor though as they made the IS-2's approach from farther north than they could have had - it looks like their initial position/approach would have placed them right on where Arbite's Panther took his side-shot.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Kenzie posted:

Yeah everyone did a fantastic job here.

I knew that our patience would pay off eventually. It was a bit of a drag there at first, with us constantly getting shot in the back while running away in the face of a giant horde of Russians with little idea of what we were doing to them.

Because of our perseverence, we have been given victory for the Fatherland! :godwinning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWnqjvhnbTY

I'm curious as to what the final casualty totals were. By guess would be we lost 1 Panther and about 30+ infantry KIA in exchange for 1 T-34-85, 2 IS-2s, 2 ISU-153s, and 40-50 infantry.

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Might I suggest some more battalion S2 officer positions for the next battle, or whatever would be appropriate to call them- players who stick to one thread only and help coordinate recon, sight lines, intelligence etc. without having any specific unit commands. They could also form a pool of reserve officers to take over for dropouts.

If we play another game I would love to sight another gun or mg again, but I would also really like to see new people who want to play get a shot.

Between Kenzie, Jaguars!, and myself we had that covered. Having Jaguars! as a dedicated XO was an enormous help.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Bacarruda posted:

I'm curious as to what the final casualty totals were. By guess would be we lost 1 Panther and about 30+ infantry KIA in exchange for 1 T-34-85, 2 IS-2s, 2 ISU-153s, and 40-50 infantry.
You're off by nearly a factor of 3. Someone graphed it a few turns back:

Flippycunt posted:

I've actually been doing a little casualty tally as we've been going along.

Here's how its gone so far:

You can see that around minute 29 is where things shift and the Soviets start taking about 8 casualties a minute to the Germans 3.5.

I don't think this rate of slaughter can keep up much longer, I imagine the next 10 minutes are going to be the decisive moments of the battle. After that I expect one side to throw in the towel, or things to settle down to a slower grind with their surviving assets.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Right Both threads are now open to those who haven't already watched the other sides videos.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Sindai posted:

You're off by nearly a factor of 3. Someone graphed it a few turns back:

KIA as opposed to "Casualties"

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

The Merry Marauder posted:

Without mortar prep and armor support, the eight billion MG42s pin the infantry. Toot toot.

If only. We have lost most (okay, half) of those. My platoon had six, they now have two. We had six platoons, all but two have taken serious casualties.

The HMGs, on the other hand...

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Valiantman posted:

You remember how we were having our fingers crossed about that mine of ours blowing up a truck full of infantry? Well, not only did one of our personnel mine fields at Outpost Farm take out 4 guys on that same turn, the vehicle that was blown up was indeed a truck carrying a HMG and a Company HQ. Only the lone machinegunner survived. :v:

Haha, I had just watched that. Just a truck happily driving along way behind the front line and BOOM - company commander is vaporized.

I just finished watching all of the Soviet videos. They really didn't have much info about our forces at all. They just kept getting short glimpses of us as we fell back. It must have looked pretty bad from their perspective as their casualties started mounting. I especially loved the bullets ricocheting off of that building and impacting their guys behind it at one point. That and the Panther charge at the end was awesome to watch from their perspective.

I knew they would have been taking heavier losses than we could see, because that happens in every CM game, but some of those hits I would not have expected at all. It was really interesting watching it all from their perspective.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Quick and Dirty cas rep:
code:
							Strength		NOTES
1 Battalion (Panzergrenadier)		
-CO: Bacarruda 						3	
-XO: Jaguars! 						3	

1 Company (Panzergrenadier): sniper4625/Dralun		4?		CO HQ #3, Small arms, 50'02”; 2IC ? CAS, Small Arms
-1 Platoon: Kangra					3	
--1-1-1							8		1B, MG42 Lost, Small arms, 1C, rear end't lost, small arms, 53'20” 1A, Team Lost, Small arms, 52'20”
--1-1-2							10 OK, 1 WIA	2C, 1 WIA, Small arms, 53'20”
--1-1-3							8		3A,1 CAS, MG42 Lost, 55'40” (T-15?), 3B, 2 CAS, MG42 Lost, 2C, 1 WIA, 53'20”; 3A 1 CAS, Small Arms 52'55”; 3B, ? CAS, 52'30”
-2 Platoon: Tehkeen					3	
--1-2-1							5		2 CAS, 1 WIA, Mortars, 1:29'30”; 1WIA, Bombardment, 1:09'30”;  ?CAS, 1:03
--1-2-2							9		2B, Small arms, 52'55”
--1-2-3							2 OK, 2WIA	1:28'00”, Mortars, 1 WIA; 5Cas, 1 MG42 lost, Small Arms fire, 57'30”
-3 Platoon: JcDent					3	
---1-3-1						7		Strafed, Ldr lost, 1:01
-4 Platoon (Heavy): FellFire				3	
--1 HMG Section (2x MG42s): Mans 			12	
--2 HMG Section (2x MG42s): MrMenshevik 		3 OK, 2 WIA	Strafed, 1:00'07”;
---2 HMG Team 2						6	
--Mortar Section (2x 81mm mortars): Jeoh		3	
---Mortar 1						2		Artillery, 1:06'
---Mortar 2						0		Lost to Artillery fire, 1:06'
---Mortar support (2x Ammo Bearers, 2xTruck)		4		Truck 1 strafed, bailed, 1:11'; Destroyed, Artillery, 1:07'50; Truck 2 Destroyed, Strafed, 1:07'

2 Company (Panzergrenadier): Kenzie			6	
-1 Platoon: Valiantman					3	
--2-1-1							9		1:29'30”, Mortars – 1C rear end't lost; 1C(AT Team) lost, Bombardment, 1:09'27”
--2-1-2							7?		2B, MG42 lost, small arms fire, 1:05'
--2-1-3							5?		3A,Schrek lost 1:10'30”; Team A lost, Arty/Small arms 1:09'20”; 3B, MG Lost?, 1:08'
-2 Platoon: Dark_Swordmaster				3		2 CAS, Small Arms, 54'35”
--2-2-1							4 OK, 1 WIA	1A, 1x MG42 lost, Ldr hit, Tank Fire, 57'55”; 1C, 1 CAS, Artillery, 56'50”
--2-2-2							6 OK, 1 WIA	2B, Team lost to Tank fire, 1:07'50”; Schreck lost, time unknown
--2-2-3							1 OK, 1 WIA	Ldr Lost, 1 MG 42 Lost, MG Fire from Tank, 51'05”; 1 MG42 Lost, 50'
-3 Platoon: eigenstate					3	
--2-3-1							5 		OK, 1 WIA	1A, MG42, Ldr Lost, 122mm Fire, 1:00'30”;
--2-3-2							9		2A, Ldr Lost, Seen T-15, No MG
--2-3-3							9 to 10		Shreck Lost, Ldr lost?, 54'00”;
-4 Platoon (Heavy): markus_cz				3	
--1 HMG Section (2x MG42s): Velius		 	5	
---1HMG Team 2						6	
--2 HMG Section (2x MG42s): vuk83/Markus		0		ISU Hit, 53'43”
--- 2 HMG Team 2					5		Strafed
--Mortar Section (2x 81mm mortars): Tehkeen/Markus	2		1:26'30”, Strafed, 1 KIA;
---Mortar 1						1		1:26'30”, Strafed, 3 KIA;
---Mortar 2						4	
---Mortar support (2x Ammo Bearers, 2xTruck)		5		Truck 1 Strafed, 1:04'30

4 Company (Heavy) Dralun		
-AT Gun Platoon, 75mm: Dralun				3		Damaged ISU-152, 54'50”
--Gun 1							4		Strafed, lost #4 crewman, 1:10'; 0.125 Kill, ISU-152, 55'
--Gun 2							5		0.125 Kill, ISU-152, 55'
-- Ammo teams						4	

1 Recon Platoon: HerpicleOmnicron5		
-2x Sniper Teams: HerpicleOmnicron5			1	
-2x Sniper Teams: Herp					2	

1 Armored Platoon: 		
-King Tiger VIB: gradenko_2000 (CO, Tanks)		5		Destroyed Scout car 1:09'50”; 0.75 Kill, ISU-152, 55'00”
-Tiger VIE (mid): Soup_Inspector			5	
-Panther VA (mid): anilEhilated				5	
-Panther VA (mid): Arbite				5		IS-2 Kill, 50'
-Panther VA (mid): Chunky Monkey			1		Tank Duel  1xT-34 Kill; Loader Killed, 49'34”

1 Heavy AT Platoon: Dirt Worshipper		
-2x Pak 43 88mm - Gun A					4		Strafed, #4 Crewman, 57'20”
Gun B							2 WIA		IS-2 Hit, 50'30”
All platoons including heavy weapons had a nominal roll of 36 at the start of the game. the 88s had 6 crew each plus ammo bearers and an 3 Per HQ? The Notes column is a raw log of what happened each video, generally follows the format subunit, equipment/pers lost, type of fire, gametime.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
So my guys valiantly sat in foxholes, then ran away to get strafed near some housing? Could have gone worse, I guess! Next time, I'll likely sign up for some Soviet Infantry. Now that's playing expendables!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Sticking this in here cause it's not for them.

I wanted to give one last round of applause to all of you for making this my favorite round of CM. (Except maybe the very first.) Good communication, good camaraderie, and at all times the kind of morale boosting critical to these games. Even those who overtly quit did so out of boredom, not rage, and I certainly understood that. While I didn't do all that much original thinking on the field, I'm quite pleased people found the maps and such I made helpful.

Anyway, go team! Way to redeem Team Fritz after last time. The Panther Charge is certain to go down in LP legend.

• Locked thread