Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Think I was put on the German team. Hallo, leute. Would appreciate an invite to roll20, hope it works on my phone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Alright, I'm going back to the honorable neutral observer role then.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Bacarruda posted:

If you want to take a mortar section, we'd be glad to have you.

Alright, sounds good.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Can we get a height map?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I can't open the manual here (at work), can someone upload it to roll20 or mail it?

e: Thanks! Sorted.

vanity slug fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Aug 19, 2014

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Will Herp's Merry Band of Snipers and Scouts be able to call in indirect mortar fire? Seems like a good alternative to risking our forward observers.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Dralun posted:

Once the bridge is destroyed, they will be able to see that it is so, even if they don't have LOS on it.

As I just figured this out myself, how safe is it to assume that the soviets will not realize that their infantry can cross anywhere or that their vehicles can cross even after the bridge is blown? I'm hopeful that once they see the bridges are down, they reroute to the southern fords. They only have 90 minutes, so if we can force them to have to reroute midfight, it serves our purpose.

Regarding mines: we only have 6 of the anti tank type, so I'm of the opinion we use them where we know they have to go, which is the fords/bridges. Rough plan would be to blow main bridge and temp bridge one as they only require one crossing to get to the west side, while southern fords require two, increasing their chance to bog. Mine those fords, cover them with a schreck team or two plus a trp, and then focus tanks/atgs on the southern fords.

Considering they have decent in-game screenshots (uPen's post on the last page), I'm sure they've already tested the rivers. Assume that they know.

I figure we'd be best off with option 3.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Can we hide a few guys on the second floor of an obscure building and deny them points? :getin:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

The range on 8cm mortars is about 2km, should we be further to the east so we can provide shelling from the start? What about reloading? I think we only have 64 rounds total on-map.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Does anybody have a heightmap yet?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Will having our mortars closer to the battlefield affect accuracy in any significant way? Trying to figure out deployment for the two tubes.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I'll be away for 48 hours. Hope my CO can take over while I'm away. Here's preliminary orders, they should suffice for now. Located a bit away from the town, afraid of early opportunistic shelling, honestly.

DEPLOY Mortars at E9, in range of Battalion HQ for radio communication.
FACE east.

Detailed view of E9:

Assuming a 2400m range, the whole map will be in range of my dearest tubes.

vanity slug fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Aug 23, 2014

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Mortars should be in the treeline, yes.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Where are our antitank dogs, baccaruda?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I won't be able to see the video until Thursday, if my superior could give orders this turn, that'd be great. Or my mortarbro tehkeen

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I'd quite like to start some mortar fire on the treeline for the incoming infantry...

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Dralun posted:

Which treeline?

At TRP2.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

1st Company, 4th Platoon, Mortar Section

Sit tight and hide

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Can we use mortars for area denial? I'm not sure how effective my platoon would be, but we have a seen bunch of tanks to the north (most likely with infantry support) and a gaping hole in the forest (honestly our gaping hole is the northern flank and with the amount of contacts, I have the feeling we're about to feel the fist) now that it turns out Herp couldn't see anything. Herp's already been shot up, how do we know the forest isn't already crawling with Soviet troops?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I posted earlier about shelling the northern forest around the Entwood, with general commentary about the situation in the north. But for now I'll sit tight.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

This is the TRP map posted a while ago, for reference.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Can we park tanks inside buildings? That'll show them.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

If they're all moving into the forest, that'd be a fine target for a fire mission.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

1-4-4

Unhide. Face east. Get ready to blow up the horde :getin:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Won't I lose the TRP speed bonus if I move my mortars?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

How does ammo offloading work in this game? I never did it before.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

More likely, they'll just start shelling the houses with their tanks from a good distance.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

There's a TRP right on 2nd Company's position, right? If I remember correctly, I can order a line bombardment starting from the enemy's position heading towards ours. That could follow them during their advance (or it could blow up our troops!)

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Velius posted:

How much time do we have on the orders now? I got a monitor but can't check things out until tonight...

Until Sunday, I think.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Do we have a spotter near the concentration of commies at R/S 7/8? I'm thinking about a Medium Short barrage.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

1st company, 4th platoon, mortar bros

Fire mission
Immediate Line fire mission
Duration Medium
Intensity Emergency

hosed up the orders last round, let's try to fix that while we can.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

1-4-4

No access to Paint right now. Please have all my troops run south as fast as possible, into the treeline.
Move the truck into the village, somewhere obscure, as a reserve, if possible.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

RIP Mortar squad. And I forgot to undeploy too, oh well.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

You really don't want to be near an artillery barrage with one of our most important assets...

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Return to previous positions, fast. Face northeast, deploy mortars. Then wait for the next artillery barrage.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Could I get a 1-4 Mortar Plt "Mortar Magnet"?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

What is my mortar team doing? Have they gotten back to their mortars? Are they facing east? Ready to start bombing poo poo?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Sorry guys, I'm going to have to abandon my command.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Message relayed

• Locked thread