Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I have no idea why anyone would want roommates. I mean if you're ok with there being a 80% chance of your life resembling a jerry springer episode or reality tv show with back talking and poo poo then more power to you. Everything about it is so juvenile though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known
that'll show everyone who lives with people. some epic ownage itt op

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i am almost never home and it is a more expensive solution than being homeless but pretty convenient to pay very little to have a bedroom somewhere

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's actually quite normal to seek fellowship, community, and the company of other people OP. It's also an economically sound practice, allowing both people to live in a nicer home with more amenities or a better neighborhood than they otherwise might be able to without sharing the bills.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
Look at these goons pretending their parents are roommates

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Lived alone, turned into a goon.

Got a room mate, still a goon.

Some poo poo is irreversible.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
my friends all have this great setup where they live together in a house, but they dont want to tell the pakistani guy whos hardly ever there to leave his room even though he isnt on the lease, so one of them is paying 350 + utilities to sleep on a couch in a house where nobody turns the ac on or anything.

p good poo poo imo

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Having friendships and seeking companionship is perfectly fine but living with other people means being around other people and their problems with little to no chance of escaping. Sure if you're young and looking to not live in squalor then it's a fine option but i'm just the type of person who enjoys having the opportunity to not spend time with people. If wanting to live comfortably makes me some kind of weirdo then that's fine with me.

faaaaaarrrrtttttt

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i knew a dude years ago who was paying 700 a month to sleep on a couch with his wife. He thought it was a good idea to rent a big house with like 10 other people and he had to live on a couch with some curtains for a wall.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

you laugh at me because i have housemates, i laugh at you because im gay

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
if need be it's a smarter choice to just buy a van, to sleep/live in than pay for an apartment/house with roommates.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
some peoples is poor, OP

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
roommates always judge my pissbottles

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
make ur own den in the woods with stolen electricity and various bits of junk you find, invite strangers and hobos in for free sex. work smart, not hard, make this world work for you!

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

what state do you live in op

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Mulefisk posted:

roommates always judge my pissbottles

Same but with cumvases.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

my pukehutches are silently dismayed

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Me too, until I married one! Can I get an amen from my ladies in the audience? You know what I'm talking about..

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

FordPRefectLL posted:

what state do you live in op

sorry man, i don't want a roommate

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

living alone is loving depressing. I'd rather have a roommate then spend all my time talking to my cat and slowly going insane

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Benedick Cuckold posted:

some peoples is poor, OP

you're one to talk, nonplat

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Randarkman posted:

you're one to talk, nonplat

not having plat is gonna be the cool thing in a little while. just you wait

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Rosalind posted:

living alone is loving depressing. I'd rather have a roommate then spend all my time talking to my cat and slowly going insane

maybe you just need to become more interesting

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Getting a good roomate(s) takes intelligence and luck. I am lucky. my room mate is a super nerd but I can trust him not to steal my money or drugs and he regularly buys milk that he hardly drinks, so I get free milk all the time.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Gaunab posted:

I have no idea why anyone would want roommates. I mean if you're ok with there being a 80% chance of your life resembling a jerry springer episode or reality tv show with back talking and poo poo then more power to you. Everything about it is so juvenile though.

idk op I share a flat with someone who lives in the other bedroom, he cleans up after himself, pays his half of the rent/bills on time, and we basically never talk or meaningfully interact in any way, seems alright to me

Gaunab posted:

maybe you just need to become more interesting

gonna agree with op here

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

gonna agree with op here

having someone with a goku avatar and swastikas probably means your agreement doesn't help his case much

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Rosalind posted:

having someone with a goku avatar and swastikas probably means your agreement doesn't help his case much

that's gohan you loving pleb

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

that's gohan you loving pleb

and you wonder why the guy you live with doesn't talk to you

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
my roommate is a hot girl who frequently bangs me but still pays her share of the rent

it's a win win

Badass
Apr 14, 2014

idk op I share a flat with someone who lives in the other bedroom, he cleans up after himself, pays his half of the rent/bills on time, and we basically never talk or meaningfully interact in any way, seems alright to me

Sounds like you have a lot of repressed sexual tension in the air between you

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Rosalind posted:

and you wonder why the guy you live with doesn't talk to you

no actually I don't it's because he works when I'm here and vice versa and when he is home he's usually passed out stoned on the couch

furthermore

AchtungBaby
Dec 5, 2007

My roommates are my parents. Ironic isnt it?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

AchtungBaby posted:

My roommates are my parents. sad isnt it?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

sluggo is mad posted:

Look at these goons pretending their parents are roommates

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

see its called a room mate because you mate with it. now get in my bed or you are off the lease

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Rosalind posted:

jesus christ you are allowed to spend your time outside of work somewhere besides your loving apartment. are you my roommate?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
My roommate gives me free high quality french cheese. Owned.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Actually my roommates are good people and if I want to be alone there's this crazy place called my bedroom where I can be alone. Wow.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
My roommate is a lazy, goony mother fucker, but at least he soaks up a ton of rent money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Having roommates works out great if you have no sex life or are a total creep about it, so it's basically a perfect goon living arrangement.

• Locked thread