Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Absentee roommates are the poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Booties posted:

Absentee roommates are the poo poo.

are you sure he's not dead

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

PlantRobot posted:

are you sure he's not dead

nah, he's back because he dumped his hot, wealthy, half asian girlfriend. loving dummy.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
I am willing to pay ridiculous amounts of $ not to have an(other) idiot in my house.
And I do.
And it is totally worth it.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

ghlbtsk posted:

I am willing to pay ridiculous amounts of $ not to have an(other) idiot in my house.
And I do.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

ghlbtsk posted:

And I do.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

ghlbtsk posted:

And I do.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever

ghlbtsk posted:

And I do.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Not hahaha

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
I miss my old roommate. He never smoked my weed and always did the dishes. Now I live in relative filth. Please come back, Mike.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

AHH FUGH posted:

my roommate is a hot girl who frequently bangs me but still pays her share of the rent

it's a win win

Years ago I'd have assumed this was bullshit because lol Internet but I've had enough poo poo happen that no one would believe to say good job that's pretty awesome. Unless you're lying in which case gently caress you.

I can't imagine having to live with someone who made me wear pants, I don't know how the rest of you do it.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Who says roommates make you wear pants!?

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Booties posted:

nah, he's back because he dumped his hot, wealthy, half asian girlfriend. loving dummy.

...are you a really goony polish-australian pub chef?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Uho roomates bought someone round better stay in my room and not make a sound until they leave/I fall asleep

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

Benedick Cuckold posted:

some peoples is poor, OP

This.
I've only ever lived on my own once and that was for six months and I spent most of the time at my girlfriends before we just moved in together.

But at least in the past I lived with friends.
I live with some randoms right now in a place I found on Gumtree and it sucks balls, seven of us in a big house but I only really get on with two of them,think nothing of the other and kind of dislike the other two.
At least my hate/dislike is symmetrical ,how about that?

One called Dave is the worst, total mouth breathing fat gently caress and just acts awkward as gently caress all the time. I've actually got friends who don't like coming round 'cause they don't like dealing with him. The other guy I don't care for who I call Frodo is weird as well, I've lived here for nearly a year and I've only heard him talk around five times. His weird girlfriend stays some weekends as well and she's just as odd as him.

On the brightside until last month we had this weirdo living with us.
http://tinyurl.com/qy8kzyw
http://youtu.be/ve7MVsIMcTg
http://youtu.be/VUDo7aiOk5Y

Which was loving hilarious once we uncovered all this but even before hand she was creepy as gently caress with a real serial-killer vibe. Told me once she could "smell" peoples emotions and freaked out screaming and crying because there was a spider in her room.

The only good time I can remember having is when I came in at 3:30 odd on xmas eve and found that sad sack Dave had been in all night on his own until recently another housemate John had came in from clubbing and me and him each had a free couple of grams each of Dave's coke and John picked up Daves Ipad and smashed against the wall and Dave started crying.

Sharing a house sucks balls but nobody would do it unless they have to....

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

My roommate is a dog :woof:

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

...are you a really goony polish-australian pub chef?

I wish.

Lots of white dudes got halfy gf's, dude.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
wow didn't realize how many dependent people were on this forum

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i could double my income if i got a roommate but gently caress that.

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

i haven't done the roommate thing but it worked out okay for some of my friends

By that i mean the house became filthy almost immediately, no one wanted to do their chores during their shift, and one of them straight up hosed off and stopped paying rent on time at his mother's behest

but i could go there and smoke weed and play video games it was p cool

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Booties posted:

I wish.

Lots of white dudes got halfy gf's, dude.

no mine was fully viet but I could see someone mistaking her for halfy

but yes that's true, especially here on account of there's loads and loads of asian women

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I'd feel retarded not having a roommate while renting. And if I saw someone laugh at me for having a roommate I'd stare with pity at their mental illness.

I did have one bad roommate though

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

no mine was fully viet but I could see someone mistaking her for halfy

but yes that's true, especially here on account of there's loads and loads of asian women

True, unless you're an underemployed bartender who has 1500 credit hours at community college....

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
if you let yourself move in with someone you don't trust you're dumb as piss

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
My roomate is an alcoholic who drinks a 6 pack or more every night and im getting sick of picking up the cans all over the appartment. He used to be a great friend but now hes just an annoying retard that falls asleep on the couch or fumbles to open the door at 3 am and i lust for alcoholic overdose death.

Athropos fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 18, 2014

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Roommates can be pretty great. I had roommates in undergrad but in grad school and beyond I've lived in 1 bedrooms. Sometimes I miss the good roommates, it was kind nice to basically have my 2 best friends and girlfriend all living in the same place, but then I remember how much the lovely roommates sucked and it just doesn't seem worth it.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

ghlbtsk posted:

And I do.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

1gnoirents posted:

I'd feel retarded not having a roommate while renting. And if I saw someone laugh at me for having a roommate I'd stare with pity at their mental illness.

I did have one bad roommate though

whatever helps you sleep at night

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Get a girlfriend and make her your roommate idiot

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
Move into a smaller apartment if you can't afford the rent. If your after work existence is spent loving around on here and on Steam when you're not jerking off, what the gently caress do you need more than one bedroom for, peasant?

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Gaunab posted:

whatever helps you sleep at night

I think if someone universally dislikes roommates its because they are those bad roommates

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

apparently in the us students have to share rooms

this is loving hilarious

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Kirk Johnson posted:

Move into a smaller apartment if you can't afford the rent. If your after work existence is spent loving around on here and on Steam when you're not jerking off, what the gently caress do you need more than one bedroom for, peasant?

van + wifi is cheaper and you can pay a lower monthly rate to own.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

1gnoirents posted:

I think if someone universally dislikes roommates its because they are those bad roommates

if that makes you feel better about having roommates then good for you

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
There is no excuse for having roommates outside of your early 20's

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
To say it as they say in neoGBS "Lol if u dont own a suburban house".

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Gaunab posted:

if that makes you feel better about having roommates then good for you

I thought you were being an rear end but in retrospect, I guess you're just being nice. Thanks for the good wishes :)

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
I live on my own because of my terrible personal hygiene and personality

it's pretty good

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

mookface posted:

There is no excuse for having roommates outside of your early 20's
If cost of living is high where you live you might have to choose between roommates and a studio even with a decent income and I know I'd go for roommates if it came down to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Do you non roommate havers know how to do the self heimlich maneuver?

• Locked thread