Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
should be good for tonight, have no idea on what powers I should get but I will try to get something worked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Choose an encounter power of Eric's and a daily power of Eric's. Congrats, you can use it twice.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

And despite the many foes felled on the battlefield, the greatest loss that was felt.....was Mumble.

RIP grover.house, taken to zero hit points on May 1st, 2018. Long live the SA Trad Games Discord!

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

And despite the many foes felled on the battlefield, the greatest loss that was felt.....was Mumble.

RIP grover.house, taken to zero hit points on May 1st, 2018 at or around 8:30 PST. Long live the SA Trad Games Discord!

I have to admit I am pumped for next weeks game!

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

The Battle of the Opaline Wastes is in full swing. The Stormbreakers have successfully worn down multiple layers of Leska's Pearlescent Sphere, but she's throwing everything she's got onto the bloodstained sands. Beneath a massive cloud vortex, the war reaches a crescendo tonight, Tuesday May 8th, at 7 PM PST.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Hey y'all, I won't be able to make it the 22nd. But next week is a go.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
This week still a go? I have a dog to look after to I may be a bit late.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

This week still a go? I have a dog to look after to I may be a bit late.

Oh yeah, we're doing the thing. I have a half-finished fiction vignette I was trying to finish but it looks like it won't happen so let's cut to the chose. The Battle of the Opaline Wastes was won, but Leska remains a threat. The Stormbreakers have come face to face with their Epic Destinies, and received the endorsement of the gods to take matters into their own hands.

Over a thousand years ago, the Flamebringer Dragon nearly killed the Stormchaser Eagle, leaving only the spirit's Aquiline Heart beating in a place hidden to all but the most desperate. Prove your worth to find it tonight Tuesday, May 15th at 7 PM PST.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
sweet

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Just want to make sure:

No game tomorrow because of no Tog?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Al Baron posted:

Just want to make sure:

No game tomorrow because of no Tog?

...yes

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Somewhat to the relief of the Stormbringers, the Pyromancer has put his chips on the table and made his move. He and Desperation give it everything you've got (including boneshard skeletons!) to keep you from reaching the Aquiline Heart, and ending Leska's plans once and for all. But even assuming they are successful, how will they put the world back together again? The gods have given you their mantle, but only the Stormbreakers can choose how the storm proceeds from here. The penultimate battle ends and the ultimate battle begins tonight, May 29th, at 7 PM PST.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
SORRY

Group presentation was poo poo and the wrap up meeting was demure.

also heard cerepol didn't make it so I am blaming that on Devo

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Hey there.

We good for this week?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Al Baron posted:

Hey there.

We good for this week?

I am~!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I promise to not fall asleep

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Cerepol posted:

I promise to not fall asleep

Sleep is for the weak. I am so very, very weak.

kaynorr posted:

Somewhat to the relief of the Stormbringers, the Pyromancer has put his chips on the table and made his move. He and Desperation give it everything you've got (including boneshard skeletons!) to keep you from reaching the Aquiline Heart, and ending Leska's plans once and for all. But even assuming they are successful, how will they put the world back together again? The gods have given you their mantle, but only the Stormbreakers can choose how the storm proceeds from here. The penultimate battle ends and the ultimate battle begins tonight, May 29th, at 7 PM PST.

The Pyromancer/Desperation double-team is still waiting for you. Give them what they have coming tonight, June 5th, at 7 PM PST.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

It was as if all of Seaquen was...not holding its breath, so much as listening and waiting. Ships still moved through the port, albeit a little slower than most days. Construction never stopped in the expanse that the war refugees called home, but perhaps at not a full pace. Simeon could feel it on the balcony of his private study, or what he thought was his private study until he heard the door open. Khaza Lonam seemed surprised to see him sitting out there, puffing away on his pipe as if the world didn't hang in the balance.

"Sorry, I just assumed you'd be down in the war room. You really do have a great view up here." Khaza said apologetically.

"No, and yes. There's not much going on right now - they don't have enough Sending rituals to give us a blow by blow of the action, so we just have to wait. There's not much we could do from here anyway - Xavious is with them commanding the forces, and Kiernan is still trying to keep the Imperial City from boiling over until Guthwulf and Princess Shalosha can come to some sort of arrangement. I couldn't handle the nervous energy down there so I came up here to try and calm myself.'

"I can go...."

"Not necessary. Please, have a seat. I've always found you a calming presence when you've been advising the war effort. I supposed it's a good quality in a spy to put people at ease."

"Point taken." Khaza stopped along the way to help herself to some of the headmaster's brandy, before joining Simeon in looking out over the city. For a moment there was just the sounds of Seaquen, muffled by the distance between the Lyceum and the city beneath it.

"What do you think is happening right now?" Khaza finally broke the silence.

"Hard to say. They could be marching through the Wastes trying to find the last ruined, huddled, starving remnants of Leska's forces. They could be knee deep in blood hacking away at a legion of summoned demons. Anything in between. Knowing them, they've got the situation in hand. They've never failed us before, and I don't think they will now."

"What do you think things will be like, after?"

"Now that's hard to say. The Stormbreakers always take care of things, but sometimes in unexpected ways. What Leska means to do, this business with the Stormchaser and the Flamebringer…that's a lot to deal with. Conflicts with these kinds of energies, you can't really predict the results. That's how we ended up with the Torch in the first place, immense powers colliding with unknown consequences. But the world will be a better place without Leska in it, and I think whatever happens out there at the edge of the world, they can handle it. Your man Erik, he's about as wise as they come. Drago, Capmor, Jade, Novorath….all of them are the equal to the challenge we've put on them."

"I know. At least, I want to believe it."

"Faith doesn't come easily to me, either. I've never been much for gods, never got the hang of asking for things. Always preferred to just do the work myself, digging up the answers in libraries or laboratories to praying for divine intervention. But I don't think we have any alternative right now. We have to have faith in each other, at the very least. I think we'll know soon enough."

And so it comes to this. The Stormbreakers versus Grand Inquisitor Leska, with the fate of countless lives in the balance. Thirty levels of heroism, bravery, sacrifice, and German accents. Our friends have shared victory, loss, rides on the crit train, and cheeses from across the continent. Decide the fate of mortals, spirits, and gods tonight, June 12th at 7 PM PST.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Giving y'all a heads up: I absolutely 100% must do at least some laundry, so there will be at least one point where I'll have to step away. But, I'll see if I can keep it to "things that can be thrown onto the bed and ignored"

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
...are we the longest running something awful D&D online group?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
God I hope so, it would be horrific to be even worse than we are

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Just based on OP date of threads here with more than 500 posts and a fresh post sometime this year... it would probably be this game, since 2008.

There have been plenty of other games than ran as long, but that's the only active one. Frankly, kaynorr's willingness to pitch in a session practically every single week is what kept us under 4 years.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

TheDemon posted:

Just based on OP date of threads here with more than 500 posts and a fresh post sometime this year... it would probably be this game, since 2008.

There have been plenty of other games than ran as long, but that's the only active one. Frankly, kaynorr's willingness to pitch in a session practically every single week is what kept us under 4 years.

holy jesus that OP

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

It's time for the epilogue. If anyone wants to add a final post discussing what happens to their character and/or the world afterwards, now is the time to do so.

I'll post the afterword to Kristin's book in a week, and after that close the thread for posterity. Also accepting nominations as to who should write the afterword. Probably not Gug, though.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I might be able to get some help with violet, if you're asking for one player to do a final write up

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I might be able to get some help with violet, if you're asking for one player to do a final write up

I wasn't referring to a player writing the afterword, rather an NPC from the world whom Kristin might ask to write it.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Ohhhhhh

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I wish I was better with words, but I despise everything I write. I would like to say thanks everyone for participating in this great game. I apologize for not really getting into a character, but I hopefully made strides in engaging and not falling back on jokes all the time. I think I need to keep notes as my memory kept failing me constantly. Though that's not something specific to the game.

Also between the time when I left this game and came back, I had lost my stepmom very suddenly to an aneurysm and my Grandfather to thankfully just old age. I also learned some very hard lessons about my family that I was unprepared for. Rejoining was a very welcome return to some familiarity, considered I moved cities, swapped jobs, abandoned my family to some degree and was basically friendless. I wasn't always in the best state of mind and sometimes just missed sessions out of sheer anxiety and fear. I'm in a much better place now and I want to attribute at least some of that to this game, where my silence, awful jokes and suggestions were welcome.

Getting to know you all bit by bit was a pleasure and this group has made a definite impact on my life.

As for Novorath I really crave happy endings. I want him to leave behind the life of war, leave the school to his pupils. He restarts his bard Career (and hopefully can still travel with Quentin?) and only performs stories of love, joy, and loss. Nothing to glorify war, battles or the life of a soldier. Travelling the world, maybe he gets a whole group going?

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
All Jade wants is tenure that doesn't disappear when she goes on a 12-month "6-month expedition", an unlimited supply of faceless grad students, and a government that can be easily bullied for research grants.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

If you're not sick of me yet.

This one should "only" run six months or so, kind of a palate cleanser between megacampaigns.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I might. I'm unfamiliar with the game, though I've at least read Masquerade.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

It is more like than unlike Masquerade, roughly 60/40. It's vampires as organized crime/parasites over apex predators/trenchcoat katanas. Come hang out in the WoD thread and ask questions.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

It is more like than unlike Masquerade, roughly 60/40. It's vampires as organized crime/parasites over apex predators/trenchcoat katanas. Come hang out in the WoD thread and ask questions.

with yo guide my hips and show me the way in this system?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

with yo guide my hips and show me the way in this system?

You know I'll be gentle. It will only hurt when it's supposed to.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Go ahead and post in the thread if you want to play - we're close to having critical mass. Also let me know if you don't have a copy of Vampire: the Requiem 2nd Edition and Arrangements Can Be Made. Given the player-focused sandbox nature of this game it will help immensely if you're familiar with the systems and (more importantly) the setting.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

Go ahead and post in the thread if you want to play - we're close to having critical mass. Also let me know if you don't have a copy of Vampire: the Requiem 2nd Edition and Arrangements Can Be Made. Given the player-focused sandbox nature of this game it will help immensely if you're familiar with the systems and (more importantly) the setting.

I don't have books and I can usually spell good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

poo poo posted in thread what do now

• Locked thread