Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Flame - Pally
Nuke - Monk
Tog - Invoker

Are the mostly locked down ones right now right?

Leaving us with a Defender (Paladin), a Striker (Monk), a Controller (Invoker), leaving us short a Leader + Wildcard.

I'd like to try out either a Controller(w/ defender traits) or maybe a Leader(w/ Striker traits) if no one minds. Just going to check my options first and see what fits what I'm thinking of. Going to read up on the campaign guide first as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Alright I've read a bit of the Campaign Player's Guide and I'm totally down for a Leader, at this point it's either a Bard or a Warlord (reskinned to sound like a Cleric for the glory of our Gods). So the last guy is good to choose whatever.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Alright so my first character idea is gone atm, as I just realized the "burning sky" aspect of the campaign causes teleports to deal 1 fire damage per sq. Now normally it wouldn't matter as I am a Tiefling (Fire Res 5+1/2level) but I also want to teleport you guys to safety or to the enemy, which now incurs some damage whenever I would do so.

Gonna look more into the Warlord I guess.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

NutritiousSnack posted:

Alright that's cool, I'll have something tomorrow mourning.

Make the warlord if you want. I've got like 4 character ideas floating in my head (and several semi-made).

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Hey, I'd like to test this character in the "Intro" adventure if you don't mind?

EDIT: Actually whatever I've already decided on my Character at this point just going to write some backstory in.

I'm going to be a Cunning Bard, with a later multiclass into Warlord.

Heres the character file. I'll drop a wishlist in the thread at some point.

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 27, 2014

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I gained a total of 32 life that combat. 12+12+8 and then after I used 2 more surges for a total of 48 healing to get back to full life. Was quite fun I call second next combat.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I'm down for tomorrow at 10EST!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Figure I'll confirm our not next week will once again be the into?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I've used Fantasy Grounds before. Who's in the party right now?

Edit: Like classes and stuff, so I know what role I'm filling.

I can't quite remember all the classes ATM but we have each role covered ATM. So dealers choice.

LEADER: Bard (Cerepol)
CONTROLLER: Invoker (Herr Tog)
STRIKER: Rogue (All Baron)
DEFENDER: Paladin (Flame112)

I'll go through the thread and update this

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 5, 2014

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Cerepol posted:

LEADER: Bard[controller](Cerepol)
CONTROLLER: Invoker (Herr Tog)
STRIKER: Rogue (All Baron)
DEFENDER: Paladin (Flame112)

Alright so far this is up to date. If it is not please copy and fix please.

If you want to fill in subtypes feel free.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Are dragonmark feats allowed?

"Yes but.." Was the answer he just wants to make sure you're not super cheesing. :justpost: which one you want

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

http://www.mediafire.com/view/qgmmbbytgzr3m9j/Nowhere.dnd4e

Boom Behold, NOWHERE the Bard!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Gharbad the Weak posted:

What's focused expertise, anyway?

a Dragon exclusive (on the CharBuilder too) feat.

Useful for Monks or other classes that can use a weapon as an implement, Swordmages like it too.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Can I just get, like, a normal expertise feat and improved defenses? Seems a lot simpler. Most expertise feats give +1/+2/+3 to a weapon/implement/weapliment already, with some side benefit, and improved defenses gives +1/+2/+3 to non-AC defenses. Then we could just set it and forget it.

Edit: plus, with War Wizard's expertise, I'd get -5 to hit allies, on top of the normal +1/+2/+3 to hit.

It's basically just another free +1 to whatever your trying to hit with, meant to not overlap with stuff you take earlier or get earlier.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Flame112 posted:

Yeah this session owned. I liked all the little pit stops to help random people.

It was quite fun... except for the ending.

Anyways I just realized the OP says I'm a Minotaur Runepriest!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Staff of Sleep & Charm
Any instrument really (no need to be magical)

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

kaynorr posted:

Level 2 just involves one new utility power pick, so we can handle that during the session.

And the increase of all or half level bonuses from 0 to 1. Really feelin' heroic now!

And most importantly a feat!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Gharbad the Weak posted:

It's really easy to level up in Fantasy Grounds. You set your level to 2, everything updates, you add a feat, you add a power. Oh, and any inherent bonuses. If he gave us access to the books we're doing, I could level all y'alls up in like 30 seconds each.

I figure as much, making powers is a cinch. I haven't tried feats yet but it can't be too hard.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Before I forget I have to bring this to a grinding halt. I most definitely will not be able to do the 29th session as I'll have just arrived in Jamaica. Then I probably won't be able to do the Nov 5th session cause I'll be returning back to Canada. Just thought a heads up on those dates would be good.

Also Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Are there other days that might work for you, or are you out-out?

Uh I don't have a particular schedule so it's most likely going to be no as I'm enjoying the things Jamaica has to offer. Doesn't help it's an hour ahead of me which means it's 4 hours ahead of most people here, including Kaynorr.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

According to the builder currently, Vicious Mockery & Blunder should both benefit from it.

Could I also add Healer's Brooch

On that note I really should use my daily. I need to stop saving it!

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 16, 2014

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Nothing clearly we will just have a long sage journey where nothing untoward happens. We will engage in inane smalltalk and get drunk every night our worries being naught more than aching feet.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I can't do Saturday till at least 9:15-9:30 EST

I am free all day Friday as well as after 6:30ish EST Sunday

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Looks like I can make it as well.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Flame112 posted:

Tomorrow, I hope.

I'm too busy remembering soldiers today. With my poppy of course! Do Americans have something similar to Remembrance day?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

kaynorr posted:

It's that time of the week again, we'll be playing tonight Wednesday, November 12th at 7 PM PST. With Gate Pass finally left behind, our heroes (and assorted hangers-on) descend into the Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar.

Storm mages are forecasting highs in the upper 90s or low triple digits, so be sure to dress accordingly. Light colored linens are ideal, with seersucker suits offering a +2 circumstance bonus to both Endurance and Diplomacy checks due to just how dapper you look.

Google tells me that is quite hot so drat. I'm going to travel by disc for this leg of the journey.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Herr Tog posted:

Sorry the family decided we are leaving for thanksgiving tonight and well I just got back and good bye.

It's okay Kaynorr really wanted to play more WoW

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

haha y'all are garbage dicks!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I'm at work on Saturday till 8pm EST and won't be able to show up till then

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

kaynorr posted:

Could everyone handle an 8:30 EST (5:30 PST) start for Saturday?

9 would work better just to give me some time to make it back and settle in a bit.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Flame112 posted:

Busy after 5 PM, free before that.

Edit: PST

Sorry but I'm the opposite of this except in EST

So busy before 7PM EST (4 your time) and free after that

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Flame112 posted:

Cool, we can get a solid hour of gamin' in.

Well to be fair I'm done then but I still need to get home. So call it 7:30~
A solid half-hour

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

kaynorr posted:

can anyone else think of any quality-of-life issues they'd like me to look at?

For some reason it says we are only level 4 instead of 6 please advise

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

New Wishlist:

Forgemaster Gloves
Eladrin Ring Mail
Cloak of Translocation
Rubicant Blade or Incisive Dagger
Ring of Retreat
Eladrin Ring of Passage

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Can't do tonight but Thursday works well.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I should be fine for next Friday. I should check this thread more often I didn't even see the updates.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Flame112 posted:

We're talking about tomorrow Friday right? Not next week?

Sure either or

EDIT: I'm an idiot I just remembered why I was talking about next week I work at 7 on Saturday and I would prefer some sleep.

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 8, 2015

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

kaynorr posted:

We're talking about (and going to have game) this Friday, January 9th. Let's set the start time as 7:30 PM PST as a couple of people have said they will be late. I'll probably be online and in Mumble at 7, and just doing data entry into Fantasy Grounds until we're ready to go. Stop time will probably still be 10 PM PST, given that it looks like we'll be doing two seesions next week.

Cerepol posted:

Sure either or

EDIT: I'm an idiot I just remembered why I was talking about next week I work at 7 on Saturday and I would prefer some sleep.

:( I'm sorry that was my bad with them being late and me wanting to leave early (curse this eastern coast!) you still down to do it?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Herr Tog posted:

I should be good, still drinking. May or may not have poutine

I'll join you with that I've got a bottle of Gin ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Poor Americans. I'll also assume it's not a thing for all your fast food places to sell poutine too?

• Locked thread