Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
gently caress UGA, gently caress Carolina, gently caress Ohio State.

GO TIGERS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

SaltLick posted:

A&M/SC should be an exciting game and I can't wait to go into work Friday hung over. Footbaaaaaaaaaw is back

South Carolina wins by 2-3 touchdowns IMO

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

buddhanc posted:

South Carolina wins by 2-3 touchdowns IMO

More.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm sure OU is going to be very happy with their skill positions when the NCAA random number generator finds in their favor.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

gently caress Clemson and Georgia, but I guess gently caress Clemson slightly more? Go gamecocks.

And like, meh, aggies. Whatever.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Probably Magic posted:

I am prepared for Kansas's one win this year against SE Missouri State, which I refuse to believe is an actual college. I am also ready for the upset of the decade when West Virginia beats the poo poo out of the Crimson Tide opening week. Go Mountaineers.

I ended up sitting next to a SEMO player's parents one time in like 2008. The best part was the dad yelling and getting mad every time they punted the ball to Maclin instead of out of bounds

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Y'all picking WVU better be uploading YouTube videos of your couched burning after the game. :colbert:

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
gently caress OSU, UM, and ND even though we don't play them this year.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Crotch Bat posted:

Oklahoma has more than enough people on that team that assault women, I think you guys will be OK.

Do you know of any? The only recent incident (besides Mixon) that comes to mind is Trey Metoyer's indecent exposure charge last year, and he got kicked off the team for that.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 19, 2014

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Zoran posted:

Do you know of any? The only recent incident (besides Mixon) that comes to mind was Trey Metoyer's indecent exposure charge last year, and he got kicked off the team for that.

Frank Shannon and some guy called DGB?

I mean, Shannon probably won't play and DGB shouldn't play, both due to suspensions, but still. Not exactly fantastic optics for the Sooners at the moment.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

How does OU feel about their skill positions on offense, anyway? I'd gotten the impression that it's Knight at QB, Shepard at WR (No DGB until we hear otherwise), and maybe Bell at TE and a bunch of questions/assumptions otherwise - is that about right, or do I need to pay more attention? That's part of why I've been pretty bullish on them, and obviously Mixon going away doesn't help their case any.

This is pretty much accurate, and even Knight is a question mark given his inconsistency last year. OU returns almost everyone from one of the best defenses in the country last year, has an exceptionally talented and experienced O-Line, and has nothing but a mysteries at the skill positions. It should make for an interesting season.

Spiritus Nox posted:

I mean, Shannon probably won't play and DGB shouldn't play, both due to suspensions, but still. Not exactly fantastic optics for the Sooners at the moment.

It's definitely not good, but you have to admit that OU made a hell of a statement suspending a 5* running back, in a season with no returning experienced backs, for a misdemeanor. The majority of college players that get charged with misdemeanors are allowed to continue playing, much less players that have a legitimate chance to start.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh you're right, I completely forgot about them both. In fact I missed all the news about Frank Shannon until just now. Oops.

Edit: I don't really understand how Shannon won a stay for his suspension in court.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 19, 2014

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend
gently caress a Hoosier and as always:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Zoran posted:

Do you know of any? The only recent incident (besides Mixon) that comes to mind was Trey Metoyer's indecent exposure charge last year, and he got kicked off the team for that.

Frank Shannon sexually assaulted a girl and is currently still practicing with the team and would be playing if the school didn't have more balls than Stoops and made its own investigation where the result was enough to remove him from the school for a year. He is, again, still there at practice taking all the first team reps despite the suspension, presumably because Stoops & Co. expect him to win his appeal in the state Supreme Court. The only reason he was never charged is because the victim wanted it to go away which, given the nature of college athletics and certain charges, almost certainly means "I want this to go away before I'm harassed and threatened by retarded fans and suffer some sort of mental breakdown".

Dorial Green-Beckham flat out just pushed a woman down a flight of steps. She refused to press charges for the same reasons although Missouri, to their credit, told DGB to get out of town anyway. He was lovingly embraced by Stoops.

Mixon's situation has been stated.

That's 3 too many pieces of poo poo on a football team but you're talking about two 5* talents and a potential All-American LBer so yea, go figure why Bob's hanging onto them as best he can.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 19, 2014

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
WHO HATES (checks) WILLIAM AND MARY?!

p.s. tech talk live is on the radio again in Blacksburg and Bud Foster is rambling about defenses live and in stereo in my living room and it's glorious. 12 loving days.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

C
H
U
C
K
I
E

K
E
E
T
O
N

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Quandary posted:

It's definitely not good, but you have to admit that OU made a hell of a statement suspending a 5* running back, in a season with no returning experienced backs, for a misdemeanor.

loving :laffo:

The fact that you bring up your running back depth in relation to what punishment a player got for assaulting a woman and potentially landing himself in jail for a year+ is pretty sad. The fact that you think it represents some kind of noble sacrifice by the OU football program given the other poo poo you guys have been involved in this offseason is just hilarious.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Mid-American Conference and ESPN made a new 13-year deal, allowing Mid-Week MACtion to live on.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Spiritus Nox posted:

How does OU feel about their skill positions on offense, anyway? I'd gotten the impression that it's Knight at QB, Shepard at WR (No DGB until we hear otherwise), and maybe Bell at TE and a bunch of questions/assumptions otherwise - is that about right, or do I need to pay more attention? That's part of why I've been pretty bullish on them, and obviously Mixon going away doesn't help their case any.

The thinnest of those is QB. After Knight we have a RS Freshman who doesn't really fit the same system that Knight will run and a true freshman that does. And Baker Mayfield who probably won't be eligible to play this year. Bell is reportedly excelling at TE, but we also have Taylor McNamara who is getting some good praise and was a good 4* recruit out of HS. RB is stacked even without Mixon. Keith Ford and Alex Ross are both very very good and Samaje Perine, a true freshman, is supposed to be a beast. WR is probably the thinnest position at the moment. It's basically Shepard and a bunch of freshman unless DGB gets his waiver. Very talented, big body receivers, but freshman nonetheless.

KIM JONG TRILL fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 19, 2014

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
We are one day closer to the Golden Flashes of Kent State playing the Ohio Bobcats, oddly enough this matchup will be Kent State's last game of 2013 and their first of 2014.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Crotch Bat posted:

Frank Shannon sexually assaulted a girl and is currently still practicing with the team and would be playing if the school didn't have more balls than Stoops and made its own investigation where the result was enough to remove him from the school for a year. He is, again, still there at practice taking all the first team reps despite the suspension, presumably because Stoops & Co. expect him to win his appeal in the state Supreme Court.

Theres literally an injunction preventing the school from enforcing his Title IX suspension, chief.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Keith Ford and Alex Ross are both very very good

You meant to write this, but yeah, they've both been great, and they both got good-looking but limited reps last year.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Zoran posted:

You meant to write this, but yeah, they've both been great, and they both got good-looking but limited reps last year.

Whoops, yeah. Total brain fart.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Remember, Penn State vs UCF kicks off at 8:30 Eastern. For the west coast, this means you can justify drinking as early as...well I'm pretty sure you could just keep going from Friday night without stopping.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
gently caress Bama. gently caress Georgia. War Eagle, etc.

I like LSU and South Carolina just fine and usually root for them when they're not playing Auburn.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Sash! posted:

Remember, Penn State vs UCF kicks off at 8:30 Eastern. For the west coast, this means you can justify drinking as early as...well I'm pretty sure you could just keep going from Friday night without stopping.

Can we start this Friday?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

VDay posted:

loving :laffo:

The fact that you bring up your running back depth in relation to what punishment a player got for assaulting a woman and potentially landing himself in jail for a year+ is pretty sad. The fact that you think it represents some kind of noble sacrifice by the OU football program given the other poo poo you guys have been involved in this offseason is just hilarious.

I'm not saying it's a good thing that running back depth affects whether schools punish a player, but it's undeniable that it does. Cam Newton is going to get a different punishment than a 3rd string walk-on lineman, it's just the way college football works unfortunately. All I'm saying is that OU didn't have to do anything at all with regards to Mixon, and they suspended him for a year. They still aren't saints, but it is something.

edit: I won't say anything about the DGB or Frank Shannon situations though, in both cases the team is by all accounts expecting them to start even through pretty serious issues.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Here's the Week 1 schedule (All times Eastern).

Wednesday, August 27
Abilene Christian at Georgia State - ESPNU 7PM

Thursday, August 28
No. 21 Texas A&M at No. 9 South Carolina - SEC Network 6PM
Wake Forest at Louisiana-Monroe - ESPNU 7PM
Eastern Illinois at Minnesota - Big Ten Network 7PM
Howard at Akron - ESPN3 7PM
Presbyterian at Northern Illinois - ESPN3 7PM
Chattanooga at Central Michigan - ESPN3 7PM
Idaho State at Utah - Pac-12 Network 7:30PM
Boise State vs. No, 18 Ole Miss (at Georgia Dome) - ESPN 8PM
Tulane at Tulsa - CBS Sports Network 8PM
Cal Poly vs. New Mexico State - ESPN3 8PM
Temple at Vanderbilt - SEC Network 9:15PM
Rutgers vs. Washington State (at CenturyLink Field) - Fox Sports 1 10PM
North Dakota at San Jose State - ESPN3 10PM
Weber State at No. 19 Arizona State - Pac-12 Network 10:30PM

Friday, August 29
BYU at Connecticut - ESPN 7PM
Jacksonville State at No. 8 Michigan State - Big Ten Network 7:30PM
Villanova at Syracuse - ESPN3 7:30PM
Bowling Green at Western Kentucky - CBS Sports Network 7:30PM
UTSA at Houston - ESPNU 9PM
Colorado State vs. Colorado (at Sports Authority Field at Mile High) - Fox Sports 1 9PM
UNLV at Arizona - ESPN 10:30PM

Saturday, August 30 Top 25
No. 5 Ohio State at Navy - CBS Sports Network 12PM
No. 7 UCLA at Virginia - ESPN 12PM
West Virginia vs. No. 2 Alabama (at Georgia Dome) - ABC/ESPN2 3:30PM
Rice at No. 17 Notre Dame - NBC 3:30PM
Flordia Atlantic at No. 22 Nebraska - Big Ten Network 3:30PM
South Dakota State at No. 24 Missouri - ESPNU 3:30PM
Arkansas at No. 6 Auburn - SEC Network 4PM
UC Davis at No. 11 Stanford - Pac-12 Network 4PM
No. 16 Clemson at No. 12 Georgia - ESPN 5:30PM
Liberty at No. 23 North Carolina - ESPN3 6PM
Louisiana Tech at No. 4 Oklahoma - Fox Sports Oklahoma PPV 7PM
Stephen F. Austin at No. 20 Kansas State - kstatehd.tv 7:10PM
Fresno State at No. 15 Southern California - Fox 7:30PM
No. 1 Florida State vs. Oklahoma State (at AT&T Stadium) - ABC 8PM
No. 14 Wisconsin vs. No. 13 LSU (at NRG Stadium) - ESPN 9PM
South Dakota at No. 3 Oregon - Pac-12 Network 10:30PM
No. 25 Washington at Hawaii - CBS Sports Network 10:30PM

Sunday, August 31
Utah State at Tennessee - SEC Network 7:00PM
SMU at No. 10 Baylor - Fox Sports 1 7:30PM

Monday, September 1
Miami (FL) at Louisville - ESPN 8PM

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Saturday at 6 you can either watch North Carolina who I'm pretty sure doesn't have a football team vs Liberty a team that I'm pretty sure doesn't have an actual physical campus OR you can watch Kent State play the Ohio Bobcats. I know what decision I'd make.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Well, Baylor better throttle SMU because if we gently caress up everyone's gonna see it.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Don't forget the EWU vs SHSU game this coming saturday. that counts as week 1.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Hope I can get home early on Friday to watch the UNLV game.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Spiritus Nox posted:

Well, Baylor better throttle SMU because if we gently caress up everyone's gonna see it.

Incorrect, everyone's gonna be watching Chuckie Keeton run wild all over the Vols.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Slate Action posted:

Incorrect, everyone's gonna be watching Chuckie Keeton run wild all over the Vols.

e: never mind I hosed up, Virginia are the Cavs

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Edit: NVM.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 19, 2014

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

kayakyakr posted:

Don't forget the EWU vs SHSU game this coming saturday. that counts as week 1.

This by the way is the FCS equivalent of Oregon vs Auburn. Should be fun to watch if it's on TV.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

UNC ranked for no reason at the start of the year, sun rises in the east etc...

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
dont forget we get to see the return of DAVID ASH BITCH and his all too likely exit on a gurney

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

go3 posted:

dont forget we get to see the return of DAVID ASH BITCH and his all too likely exit on a gurney

I'm going to be legitimately depressed when this inevitably happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

DAB is basically a science experiment at this point.

• Locked thread