Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
What we should be doing is getting those civilians out of there with communications. We need to buy time; if we can buy enough to jump on -1 instead of -3 then that's all to the good. If not, jumping at -3 could be acceptable. What's not acceptable is leaving them to die, and we can't cover them with Vipers unless we obliterate our hand (plus we don't have enough Vipers to screen against 11 raiders - the civvies need to move).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Some Numbers posted:

Okay, if Wolery doesn't post in the next 24 hours (Noon, PST), I'm going to find a replacement.

Am I being too harsh?

No, you're not.

Corbeau posted:

What we should be doing is getting those civilians out of there with communications. We need to buy time; if we can buy enough to jump on -1 instead of -3 then that's all to the good. If not, jumping at -3 could be acceptable. What's not acceptable is leaving them to die, and we can't cover them with Vipers unless we obliterate our hand (plus we don't have enough Vipers to screen against 11 raiders - the civvies need to move).

Agreed, obviously, but there may be a limit to how much time we can buy--short-term, we could run out of XOs, long-term, those basestars could spit out raiders and box the civs in. I'm also considering that there may be a limit to how many vipers I'm willing to let the raiders chew through on their way over. Certainly I'll be landing if I'm not shot down first.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Max Peck posted:

Agreed, obviously, but there may be a limit to how much time we can buy--short-term, we could run out of XOs, long-term, those basestars could spit out raiders and box the civs in. I'm also considering that there may be a limit to how many vipers I'm willing to let the raiders chew through on their way over. Certainly I'll be landing if I'm not shot down first.

This was my reasoning, as well. Even if we comms the civs out of there we're pretty likely to roll up another raiders activation before we get 3 more jump prep, and at that point we might as well be playing Yakety Sax while looking to lose a whole bunch of vipers on top of potential civ losses.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
If the raiders activate again after we move the civvies then yeah, we'll probably have to jump at -3.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Sorry I haven't posted, turns out moving takes a lot more time (and a lot more out of me) than I thought. Lots of pieces to pick up after the fact, lots of "yeah that doesn't actually work sorry we didn't tell you".

Anyway.

## Go to FTL Control, play Executive Order on Old Man.

O Captain.

My captain.

I don't normally like XOing with no revealed cylons but even if you're a toaster you can't really make the civs more hosed than they are now. Please do the cool and good fleshhaver thing and move them out the way.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
## Use two actions to move all three Civilians to sector 5. And I get to peek at them I guess.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
pre:
CYLON ATTACK: Lockdown
1. Activate Heavy Raiders. 
2. Set up: Basestar in Sector 2, two Heavy Raiders in each of Sectors 1 and 2, 1 Viper in Sector 4 and one Civilian in each of Sectors 4 and 5. 
3. Concerted Attack: Keep this card in play until the fleet jumps or a Basestar is destroyed. Players cannot activate the Armory location.
Action Queue
==> fits (Secret Destiny?)

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Does that force us to set up the Assault Raptor in 4? It is considered a Viper for all game effects.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That's...an interesting question. I know you can set up an Assault Raptor instead of a Viper, but I don't know what happens if you're out of normal Vipers.

I'm fine either way.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Good thing we killed that cent because :stare:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
I think we should be ok before blowing my opg when we've got literally one jump prep

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

I agree, the 4 heavies that will show up just aren't an immediate enough threat. We're probably going to wind up sacrificing a civ, though.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Heavy Raiders activate. Each Basestar launches a Heavy Raider.
Ships set up. Basestar limit reached. Heavy Raider limit reached.

Action Queue

==> Wolery (Choose Heavy Raider set up location)

Are we launching the Assault Raptor?

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Aug 26, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I think I'd rather have it out in space just so it's there, at this point. A pilot can always recall it if they get time to launch.

Alternatively because one more Launch Raiders and we can say we got every possible bit of plastic out on the board before we even got two Jump Prep. That's got to be worth something.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

... wow, I'd accounted for the heavy activation but managed to not read that it was two heavies per sector. Go me. Wolery, even if you're a toaster this isn't worth a soft reveal, put them both in 2.

I can't find anything that would let me justify not setting up the AR.

Stelas posted:

I think I'd rather have it out in space just so it's there, at this point. A pilot can always recall it if they get time to launch.

If I stay in space until my turn I couldn't, actually; Viper One would return to the reserves and I'd have to choose it if I relaunched. Starbuck certainly could, though.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Max Peck posted:

Starbuck certainly could, though.

I was kind of assuming Starbuck would want it anyway just so she can stay in space when if we jump.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
I get to choose where to put a heavy raider in this version? If I'm understanding right what's going on, I guess it goes in Sector 2??

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
BSG Edit: Oh wait never mind I think I get what's going on. Both heavies in sector 2 please.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Wolery posted:

Both heavies in sector 2 please.

Could we please treat this as though it were bolded?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Sorry for the delay folks. I'm locking in Wolery's post and launching the Assault Raptor.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Turn 2.3: Chief Tyrol (Stelas) is the Current Player.

Action Queue
==> Wolery (Discard 1 card)
==> Stelas (Move/Action)

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 28, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Hey, Starbuck, do you have the cards to burn if I go tell you to get over to sector 4? I could comms the civs out of there but I'd rather get you in space before your turn.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I just realised that's a forward XO while we're in the middle of a really bad situation, but Starbuck could really use those extra actions right now and having a pilot in an assault raptor who's about to load up on cards basically makes them invincible. I'm leaving it up to fits - I'm happy to hit Comms instead or XO someone else so long as I can worm my way over to the Hangar Deck.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
I don't have cards to dodge 11 raiders if they come up this turn, nice as the extra action would be. And I'd rather not lose that sweet raptor. Best I could do is either hope to get lucky or launch/scout

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Fair enough.

## Go to Hangar Deck, play XO-1 on Adama

Civ pile is go.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Civ F is actually in Sector 5, but I'm not making another image. There's only 1 civilian in Sector 4.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Er. In that case, I'm honestly inclined to toss some of my crap cards to protect the assault raptor instead. The question is whether it's worth moving two vipers in or just accepting that that sector is toast and moving the assault raptor out.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
YOu could just have me lauch in it v :v: v

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, I guess. Still leaves the civilian there to die, but honestly if we draw raiders it's probably toast anyway and I don't want the raptor to go with it. You spent two XOs this turn Not Being A Toaster, what's one more?

## Redirect XO-1 to Starbuck.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
##move to hanger deck
##steal the sweet assault raptor and launch into echo
##tac-1 launch scout on crisis deck

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Roll d8=5! PASS
Crisis PM'd.

Action Queue

==> Wolery (Discard a card)
==> fits (keep or bury crisis)

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Getting real tired of your poo poo, crisis deck

##bury

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

pre:
CRISIS: Colonial Day
Current Player Chooses: 

10 POL TAC
Pass: +1 Morale
Fail: -2 Morale 

OR 

-1 Morale 

Activate Basestars, Prepare for Jump
Action Queue
==> Wolery (Discard 1 card)
==> Stelas (Crisis choice)
==> All players (pre-check modifiers, if necessary)

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Well, certainly, getting our second jump prep merits a day of celebration. I wouldn't be able to help much, though.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, my hand is pretty much junk for this, it's basically down to whether Ellen and Adama can take it. I'll toss in what I can because it'll disappear otherwise but it'll be pretty minor.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Can't help at all

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
We might be able to take it, but I'd rather just take the -1 than blow a bunch of cards risking -2 since we aren't in desperate need of the +1.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, I was thinking that myself.

## Take the OR.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Oh okay. I was gonna say I'm loaded up on cards so I may as well, but that works too.

##discard POL 1 - Consolidate Power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

No festivities. The fleet riots and Morale drops.
Basestars fire! Roll d8=4! HIT
Roll d8=6! HIT
Hangar Deck is damaged! Stelas goes to Sickbay.
Armory is damaged!
Galactica's crew manages to continue to spin up the FTL drives.

• Locked thread