Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Skype, Steam, and Twitter seem like they'd probably get the most play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Honestly Facebook still hogs up a ton of traffic and most of the other social media sites already feel pretty irrelevant. Facebook, Skype, Twitter and Steam because Google Chat is poo poo

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I really only use steam and gchat anymore, dunno about anyone else, I don't talk to anyone for I am an antisocial nerd.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

skype, maybe

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere

I said come in! posted:

Maybe consider Tumblr? I'm not sure how many goons use Tumblr though, I just know I use it.

Also, don't be thrown off by all the dorks on SA who rage about tumblr-feminists. Tumblr is a lot bigger than that, and pretty awesome if you set it up right. It's like saying to never visit California because you hated the airport.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Gamer poo poo is the most likely. I think most users want to keep family and business separate from forums life. Anything else can be done quietly through PMs.

LINE is the best mobile chat app.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Costello Jello posted:

Also, don't be thrown off by all the dorks on SA who rage about tumblr-feminists. Tumblr is a lot bigger than that, and pretty awesome if you set it up right. It's like saying to never visit California because you hated the airport.

I've been using Tumblr coming up on 2 years now and honestly you don't run into the crazy poo poo that gets shown on here unless you are looking for it.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Seems like twitter, youtube, steam and possibly skype should cover it. Maybe snapchat? Idk.

Comedy answer: Fax number

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Adding anything where profiles are primarily people's real life identity (like Facebook, Google Plus, or LinkedIn) is just going to lead to people bringing annoying crap in from those sites, and while it's hilarious when some furry diaper fetishist gets outed, it's less funny when it's the more prosaic internet stalker poo poo. There's been a long-standing policy here against posting personal information about users, because it always turns bad sooner or later.

That said, I would suggest Twitter, Skype, Steam, and a nebulous "Other" where users could add anything else. If a user really wants their Facebook link attached to their SA profile, they could add it in the Other secion, but I think it'll be less headaches for the moderation team if that kind of thing is discouraged.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Farmersonly.com

Because you don't have to be lonely.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

none im straight

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
Facebook, Twitter, Steam, and MSN Messenger because some of my friends are apparently 70 year old grandmas who just started using the computer for the first time.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm pen pals with a cute girl from oregon.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Email address field

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
Whatever you decide, have at least one "Other" field since you'll never please everybody, and that will leave a space for [X] individual pet interest, and there will be less complaining afterward.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Can we also get a spot for a picture of our pets in addition to the one for ourselves?

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

Stex T posted:

Facebook, Twitter, Steam, and MSN Messenger because some of my friends are apparently 70 year old grandmas who just started using the computer for the first time.

MSN Messenger was shut down.

joxxuh
May 20, 2011
Facebook
Twitter
tumblr
imgur if that counts

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Mad Man Pusco posted:

MSN Messenger was shut down.

I use it through pidgin nowadays.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

I'm a platinum user (:iamafag:) PMs on SA are my social interaction.

Oh yeah Steam too because goon.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

facebook will bring us lots of goonlulz so let's start with that one for sure

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Here is a preemptive link to my personal Facebook profile

https://www.facebook.com/GunterFans

Dirty Beluga
Apr 17, 2007

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Fun Shoe
AIM is still big with my group of friends at least... Skype, Twitter, Facebook.

other useful ones would be IRC and pet picture upload. They could go into rotation on the forums index.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
ms chat

Coffee Wolf
Oct 12, 2007

Mmmmm Banana
Xbox and PS gamertags, along with steam, please. I know there is no way in hell I'm adding my personal facebook here, but I would probably add in facebook group(s) I would be willing to share here, so if that's compatible with whatever your changing, then please do.

wca
Mar 2, 2004

I'm a world-class assassin, fuckhead. How do you think I found out?
Not trolling here, but does Reddit count?

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
There's a reason no one liked linking Google+ to their Youtube accounts.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Facebook and Twitter are musts. I don't know of anyone who still uses Google+ but I suppose it has some followers.

Steam is a good idea, as is an "Other" query.

Is the Bio query going away? It shouldn't; we can stick other networking info in there, like console ones.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Dos:
Twitter
Steam

Maybes:

Don'ts:
Facebook
Google+/hangouts/chat
LinkedIn

Who would want any of these creepy fucks to know who they are irl

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
steam and youtube and pubmed.

5-meo-catte
Apr 23, 2012

caffeine
you're all that I wanted in a girl
you're all that I need in the world
somethingsensitive

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

darkwing cuck posted:

Dos:
Twitter
Steam

Maybes:

Don'ts:
Facebook
Google+/hangouts/chat
LinkedIn

Who would want any of these creepy fucks to know who they are irl

It's pretty weird how active the SA facebook group is, actually

Make everyone put what IRC channels they hang out in also, like gently caress it, privacy is dead

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
I'd do twitter but facebook is a little too close to home.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
Anything that identifies your IRL identity is bad news imho

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

This
&

Facebook
Steam

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Completely serious post. I think we should implement features for steam, xbox live, psn, and whatever nintendo's got, but probably not Facebook or Twitter. Do we want to advertise the site on twitter? Probably not, and I certainly don't want to let my Facebook friends and family know what I look at on the forums.

On the other hand, goons rock at games, and meeting up with them to play games makes all of the other game media services better. If anything, they should be paying you to integrate with them.

Edit::also, how cool would it be in you could push a button and just find another goon who's online to play a game you both own? No long list of names in the first or second post. Great way to make forum friends and always play with someone you care more about than any pubbie.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 19, 2014

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Below everyone's avatar should be a link to their F-list.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

UltraRed posted:

Completely serious post. I think we should implement features for steam, xbox live, psn, and whatever nintendo's got, but probably not Facebook or Twitter. Do we want to advertise the site on twitter? Probably not, and I certainly don't want to let my Facebook friends and family know what I look at on the forums.

On the other hand, goons rock at games, and meeting up with them to play games makes all of the other game media services better. If anything, they should be paying you to integrate with them.

uh what's wrong with advertising it on twitter? like do u seriously think hoards of people from twitter well be rushing to pay for accounts?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i only tell my friends what im up to via signals sent via weed smoke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i only tell my friends what im up to via signals sent via weed smoke

add a field for dealer's number

serious answer maybe pinterest that could be amusing when used

• Locked thread