Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
california roll
Feb 23, 2009
that's what i heard from this guy

http://rt.com/news/fukushima-destroy-japan-us-290/

he said there's a 95% chance of it happening in the next 3 years and he said that in 2013!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
oh jeez

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

i just noticed that some posters have grapes before theyr name now and i wanted to know why and how to get the grapes?

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Bacon Hat posted:

i just noticed that some posters have grapes before theyr name now and i wanted to know why and how to get the grapes?

You don't want these grapes of wraath

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
what a shame that would be.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 641 days!

california roll posted:

that's what i heard from this guy

http://rt.com/news/fukushima-destroy-japan-us-290/

he said there's a 95% chance of it happening in the next 3 years and he said that in 2013!!!

hmmm Russia Today...hmmm let me mull on this further hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bacon Hat posted:

its more like a pomogranate

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Fukushima, more like Bakashima.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cesar Cedeno posted:

hmmm Russia Today...hmmm let me mull on this further hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

waiting on confirmation by daily mail and yisrael hayom

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

thats grapes bro. on a vine

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Fukushima, more like Bakashima.

more like whatashame-a

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
according to my high-school knowledge of ocean currents this seems pretty logical and consistent, although your source is poo poo

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
is this like some kind of deep propaganda about Russia needing to secure Chernobyl from racist earthquakes

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

im glad of it

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

what's this about grapes? seems cool

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

West coast worst cost

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010
What I don't get about Fukushima is why was it built in an earthquake zone in the first place? To me that just seems to be asking for trouble. Like really. Dumb fucks.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 641 days!
Pretty sure the West Coast can ignore Japan all together, and instead should focus on the inevitable monster earthquake that will rip California asunder and devastate the surrounding region.

What I'm saying is, prepare for peak East Coast smug.

TenTonHammer
Oct 3, 2003
Davidian

:dukedog:
Lots of sour grapes here. I can't wait to welcome our radioactive Japanese overlords.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
lol no

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Stockholm Syndrome posted:

What I don't get about Fukushima is why was it built in an earthquake zone in the first place? To me that just seems to be asking for trouble. Like really. Dumb fucks.

godzilla wish fulfilment

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Stockholm Syndrome posted:

it wouldn't have even mattered if the idiots followed best practices when building the place. one of the plants near where I live, I think peach bottom, has the exact same design as Fukushima except they have a floodproof diesel generator hooked up to the plant via underground lines so if the same poo poo happens they can keep cooling the reactor

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Bacon Hat posted:

its more of a pineapple

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 641 days!
I thought it was a bee hive

Cpt.Sean Luc Picard
Nov 24, 2006
man why you even got to do a thing?
good

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Cesar Cedeno posted:

East Coast smug.

That's my rap name

Aug 4, 2010

decimate Japan you say?

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
east coast = least coast

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

anything that hastens our exodus to judge dredd-style megacities is good poo poo to me

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 641 days!

ilikedirt posted:

east coast = least coast

east coast = has standing buildings coast

(sick burn from the near future)

Actually, Iceland is currently working on ending the world for us, way to miss the real story totally respectable news outlet Russia Today

http://theweek.com/speedreads/index...mpaign=facebook

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
haha Russia Today

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Sure is great to be on the east coast. :cool:

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
good news i found a better source but its also bad news cuz it says the same thing

http://abc7.com/archive/9317789/

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
death to south cali

death to portland, oregon

death to everything in between

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
russia today is right about pretty much everything except russian domestic and foreign policy

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
If there was a earthquake would there even be enough time to evacuate. It's hard enough getting through rush hour let alone everyone on the west coast. They would let em die.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The damage projections are grim at best.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 641 days!
I guess this could set up a somewhat plausible west coast dooms day scenario.

A large earthquake strikes Japan again, just loving wrecking the Fukashima plant 100% sening radioactive poo poo towards the West Coast.

Just at the radiation hits, The Big One strikes California. Millions are killed, millions more are left wounded and homeless up and down the West Coast.

A broken, radioactive hellscape, strewn with rubble, bodies, and mutant sealife is all that remains.

So all in all a slight improvement for downtown LA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Cesar Cedeno posted:

I guess this could set up a somewhat plausible west coast dooms day scenario.

A large earthquake strikes Japan again, just loving wrecking the Fukashima plant 100% sening radioactive poo poo towards the West Coast.

Just at the radiation hits, The Big One strikes California. Millions are killed, millions more are left wounded and homeless up and down the West Coast.

A broken, radioactive hellscape, strewn with rubble, bodies, and mutant sealife is all that remains.

So all in all a slight improvement for downtown LA.

and then yellowstone explodes because gently caress everything

• Locked thread