Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i think perhaps one of the hardest parts of working with computers is dressing for the job. your computer does not care how you dress, and neither do your coworkers. but some done.

for instance, i've noticed that people who work with java probably dress about 40% nicer than people who do not work with java. perhaps this has something to do with mostly being contract work.

anyhow, it's hard because i hate polos and most nerdware but there's really nothing that says 'i care about my appearance' without being one of those guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

wear a computar case op

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

i typically wear hugo boss or maybe brooks brothers shirts with slacks and Cole Hhaan or Johnston & Murphy shoes. You gotta look good when meeting and presenting a new architecture.

I' a big loving deal and i let the children and losers who will always be tier 1 or 2 deal with jorts, tennis shoes and polos.

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

cable my poo poo n00bs

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

i typically wear hugo boss or maybe brooks brothers shirts with slacks and Cole Hhaan or Johnston & Murphy shoes. You gotta look good when meeting and presenting a new architecture.

I' a big loving deal and i let the children and losers who will always be tier 1 or 2 deal with jorts, tennis shoes and polos.

You dress like a human being.

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You dress like a human being.

Thanks

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

*trying to osund like an adult* Uuuh I wear Brooks brothers and Hugo Boss. I am 35 years old.

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

Knuc are you getting fired up?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Post a fit.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
that looks like a spinny disk not a SSD, super huge failure

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I actually own a pair of jorts and I wear them in the summer.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i have shorts, like shorts that were designed as shorts to be shorts. not jorts, not denim, but shorts.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My jorts are brown denim and they just look like regular shorts.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I actually own a pair of jorts and I wear them in the summer.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The most ostentatious item of clothing I own is a $100 pair of Ralph Lauren swim trunks.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think it's time someone brought back cargo pants because I actually find the extra pockets to be extremely useful.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i recommend getting all of your clothing custom tailored to your exact measurements

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

jort my neg rear end in a top hat!

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
as a java developer in a professional environment, i wear jeans, a t-shirt and a hoodie every day. sometimes i wear a jumper or just the t-shirt if its warm.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

i never wear shorts or sandals to work thought thats unprofessional

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i only do laundry like once a month and i wear the same pants/shorts for weeks at a time and i'm ok

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

all the architects i've met in business settings have been dressed far more stylishly than i have ever cared to on a day-to-day basis

i guess it has something to do with successful (ie employed) art school grads tending to come from wealth

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i only do laundry like once a month and i wear the same pants/shorts for weeks at a time and i'm ok

here's a life-hack for you! just spray your body down with flesh-toned plastidip. follow that up with a layer of vaseline, and then another layer of plastidip. whenever you get dirty, just remove a layer! (the vaseline is so tha tthe layers don't fuse)

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

duTrieux. posted:

here's a life-hack for you! just spray your body down with flesh-toned plastidip. follow that up with a layer of vaseline, and then another layer of plastidip. whenever you get dirty, just remove a layer! (the vaseline is so tha tthe layers don't fuse)

this but just my natural skin, no plastidip needed

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

duTrieux. posted:

okay but i'm going to stick some straws in so my skin can breath

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Bloody posted:

i recommend getting all of your clothing custom tailored to your exact measurements

yeah this is pro

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

bobbilljim posted:

this but just my natural skin, no plastidip needed

what up psoriasis bro

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

all the architects i've met in business settings have been dressed far more stylishly than i have ever cared to on a day-to-day basis

i guess it has something to do with successful (ie employed) art school grads tending to come from wealth

architects like tthings to look good. i think a good half of 2nd hand clothes i own i bought from architects

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
I buy all my clothes at the army surplus store. if it was good enough for our troops it is good enough for me

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
my cargos weigh a ton

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i wear the smallest shortest shorts with curled cuffs and running shoes with nike dri fit socks because i hate getting hot

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

rotor posted:

I buy all my clothes at the army surplus store. if it was good enough for our troops it is good enough for me

hello 16 year old me i thought i murdered you with premarital sex and drugs

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

theadder posted:

wear a computar case op

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

rotor posted:

same but a challenger ii tank with the dorchester armour

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i think perhaps one of the hardest parts of working with computers is dressing for the job. your computer does not care how you dress, and neither do your coworkers. but some done.

for instance, i've noticed that people who work with java probably dress about 40% nicer than people who do not work with java. perhaps this has something to do with mostly being contract work.

anyhow, it's hard because i hate polos and most nerdware but there's really nothing that says 'i care about my appearance' without being one of those guys

I work outside OP.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I look like a loving clown when I go to work.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
i wear whatever the gently caress is comfortable because gently caress you

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

do you also pop the collar on your polo's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
yeah I wear clothes sometimes

• Locked thread