Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's doing a really good job of murdering all comic book stores

where are you supposed to go to hang out with tatted up shy bookish girls when that happens amazon

what kind of comic book stores were you going to where there were girls at

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

nice

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:waycool:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
i dotn order from amazon much because i like to have the fucknig product in my hand when i fork over my hard earned ducats. that said, thyre the only game in town when it comes to my...discerning tastes in overly complex mechanical sex toys so you just gotta make due

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

i dotn order from amazon much because i like to have the fucknig product in my hand when i fork over my hard earned ducats. that said, thyre the only game in town when it comes to my...discerning tastes in overly complex mechanical sex toys so you just gotta make due

put up a craigslist ad for retired engineers and watchmakers and you'll have an overly elaborate mechanical sex toy, all gears and gnashing teeth, before you know, it

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Citizen Tayne posted:

Small business owners are actually subhuman garbage and America's vanguard on the quest to sell out everyone and everything for a dollar. I support Amazon in utterly destroying them. nothing of value was lost.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
smssxon owons

6 months free amazon prime because im a student? yes please

i bought a microwaveable teddy bear from amazin this week, arrived next day

bought some poo poo last night, it will be here tomoroow

tis great

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Citizen Tayne posted:

Small business owners are actually subhuman garbage and America's vanguard on the quest to sell out everyone and everything for a dollar. I support Amazon in utterly destroying them. nothing of value was lost.

is insurance chat allowed here? cause :drat:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

tee hee

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

fritz posted:

what kind of comic book stores were you going to where there were girls at

his mom had to drop him off duh

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i cant loving wait for the amazon drones

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

Valeyard posted:

i cant wait to buy sex toys and send them to my friends via flying robot daily

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Widdiful posted:

i cant wait to buy sex toys and send them to my friends via flying robot daily

lol

aerodildonics

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I am meh about amazon because of geography

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I am meh about amazon because of geography

how long does it take you to get amazon deliveries out there?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

i can get all the rubbers and lube and bulk chicken fries and road flares and frilly dresses i want at the local library

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I don't even bother tbh

I did buy ***MY WIFE*** a kindle from there yonks ago and it took about a week to arrive iirc I guess the drones ran out of fuel

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:xd:

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

how do you know that shes your wife

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

she signed on the dotted line :smugmrgw:

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's doing a really good job of murdering all comic book stores

where are you supposed to go to hang out with tatted up shy bookish girls when that happens amazon

university student newspapers, for a few years at least

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I've been doing this university poo poo for a while now and I have not read or seen a single lovely student paper same in high school I'm beginning to think that Gilmore girls was full of poo poo.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
oh weird. depends on the university i guess. usually they are p cool places to pick up english majors

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

she signed on the dotted line :smugmrgw:

that was the divorce paper

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Nope :smugmrgw:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Blackula69 posted:

oh weird. depends on the university i guess. usually they are p cool places to pick up english majors

My uni is a piece of poo poo

They probably have one though

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

oh ok then, just checking. better safe than sorry!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Widdiful posted:

oh ok then, just checking. better safe than sorry!

Thanks for having my back, man

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I don't even bother tbh

I did buy ***MY WIFE*** a kindle from there yonks ago and it took about a week to arrive iirc I guess the drones ran out of fuel

I remember a period when mail order took 2-4 weeks if you lived in a populated area, so getting something to the rear end-end of the earth in a week is pretty fuckin' impressive.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Valeyard posted:

yay more noise pollution

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Citizen Tayne posted:

I remember a period when mail order took 2-4 weeks if you lived in a populated area, so getting something to the rear end-end of the earth in a week is pretty fuckin' impressive.

I too played oregon trail as a child

Apr 7, 2003

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

I too played oregon trail as a child

That was regular terms for ordering poo poo from anything mail order in the pre-internet days, from the Sears Catalog to the Columbia House Music Club.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

jeff bezos is a psychopath who eats babies op

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
amazon is p. much the best thing ever and one of the greatest innovations of the past 20 years. 99% of small businesses are terrible in every conceivable way

e.g. my local overpriced florist/wine shop/cafe that charges £7 for a lovely sandwich and probably pays its human-trafficked sri lankan kitchen porter below minimum wage

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
like, people hearken back to the days when people in swansea worked in mines, or people in sheffield worked in the steel mills, before the 1980s came and communities were destroyed and unemployment soared.

then amazon builds a fulfilment center in swansea or sheffield and is now gainfully employing swathes of people whod otherwise be unemployed or working in the bigger cities.

but the the same people complain this is apparently bad because the work isnt dignified or well-paying, even though it's about 100000x better than working in a loving coal mine.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Nelson MandEULA posted:

but the the same people complain this is apparently bad because the work isnt dignified or well-paying, even though it's about 100000x better than working in a loving coal mine.

not that much better though:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/02/mac-mcclelland-free-online-shipping-warehouses-labor

quote:

She says to take Brian, for example, who's here with us in training today. Brian already went through this training, but then during his first week his lady had a baby, so he missed a day and he had to be fired. Having to start the application process over could cost a brand-new dad like Brian a couple of weeks' worth of work and pay. Okay? Everybody turn around and look at Brian. Welcome back, Brian. Don't end up like Brian.

--

"If a pallet falls on you, you won't be working with us anymore." Watch your fingers around the conveyor belts that run waist-high throughout the entire facility. People lose fingers. Or parts of fingers. And about once a year, they tell us, someone in an Amalgamated warehouse gets caught by the hair, and when a conveyor belt catches you by the hair, it doesn't just take your hair with it. It rips out a piece of scalp as well.

--

The Bureau of Labor Statistics found that more than 15 percent of pickers, packers, movers, and unloaders are temps. They make $3 less an hour on average than permanent workers. And they can be "temporary" for years. There are so many temps in this warehouse that the staffing agency has its own office here.

--

There's a screaming pain running across the back of my shoulders. "You need to take 800 milligrams of Advil a day," a woman in her late 50s or early 60s advised me when we all congregated in the break room before work.

of course it's better than a coal mine but it would be nice if we moved past the gilded age treatment of workers

Apr 7, 2003

Nelson MandEULA posted:

like, people hearken back to the days when people in swansea worked in mines, or people in sheffield worked in the steel mills, before the 1980s came and communities were destroyed and unemployment soared.

then amazon builds a fulfilment center in swansea or sheffield and is now gainfully employing swathes of people whod otherwise be unemployed or working in the bigger cities.

You could support a family by working in a coal mine, and you still can in some parts of the USA.

You can't support anyone by working in an Amazon fulfillment facility.

You also can't support anyone by working at a Local Business, so gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

YMMV, I dunno what minimum wage is like in the UK but someone working at picking or a cash register in the USA can't support themselves.

• Locked thread