Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Silver Alicorn posted:

I use amazon to buy underwear

same

they have reasonable silk boxers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

fritz posted:

what kind of comic book stores were you going to where there were girls at

the kind that are in the hipstery area of nola across the street from a fancy cocktail bar

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i think obama should declare that anyone who is a coal worker in any of those coal places will be paid a living wage until they find a new means to support themselves and then he should just ban coal mining

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
ban coal to support clean coal

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

ban coal to support clean coal

the only moral coal is my coal

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i think obama should declare that anyone who is a coal worker in any of those coal places will be paid a living wage until they find a new means to support themselves and then he should just ban coal mining

Coal miners make top-of-pay-scale money in the areas they work in. A coal miner in West Virginia makes more than a professor at WVU.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
make the coal workers build windfarms and poo poo problem solved

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Citizen Tayne posted:

Coal miners make top-of-pay-scale money in the areas they work in. A coal miner in West Virginia makes more than a professor at WVU.

pay them whatever they make now then

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Citizen Tayne posted:

this is why we need to do away with unions why should the poors and browns unskilled laborers make more than me at my wal mart management job

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

ma-Ma-MA-minimum wage chat, right here in the 'POS!!!!!!!!!!!!'!'mn

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

ma-Ma-MA-minimum wage chat, right here in the 'POS!!!!!!!!!!!!'!'mn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYOfxS_Qp1g

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
is this the lf thread now?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

PuTTY riot posted:

is this the lf thread now?

jello nooooo

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Citizen Tayne posted:

YMMV, I dunno what minimum wage is like in the UK but someone working at picking or a cash register in the USA can't support themselves.
UK: $10.61 (£6.31)
US: $7.25 (£4.36)

lol @ euros complaining that video games and dvds cost a whole $5 more

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

cool. ppl rly are cool 2 other ppl. lol. fuckin fail lords

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Smythe posted:

cool. ppl rly are cool 2 other ppl. lol. fuckin fail lords

I'm a Faillord. I'm the last of the Faillords.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Space-Pope posted:

UK: $10.61 (£6.31)

lol @ euros complaining that video games and dvds cost a whole $5 more

$15 here in Seattle (in like 3 years or something)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sweeper posted:

$15 here in Seattle (in like 3 years or something)

death to the rich

death to america

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

death to the rich

death to america

agreed, for values of rich that don't include me and parts of America I don't live in

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i for one welcome our new ipad underlords

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
i got a dell u2713hm poverty edition from Amazon for like $100 less than any other store nearby and got it delivered free in 2 days

sorry about your terrible opinion op

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
amazon is p good

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
They do need unionization in their warehouses though.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

death to the rich

death to america

lol if anybody doesn't think this is going to happen anyway regardless of minimum wage

Apr 7, 2003

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

lol if anybody doesn't think this is going to happen anyway regardless of minimum wage

I'm the false dichotomy on Fox & Friends that says that companies have to do this stuff to be profitable at all

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm the false dichotomy on Fox & Friends that says that companies have to do this stuff to be profitable at all

wheres my Virtua Girl dancing news casters then. surely a talking robot could be replaced with a dancing version

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Citizen Tayne posted:

i'm the guy with a clipboard attempting to get passerby to agree that slave wages are awesome

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

wait

wouldn't an ipad be cheaper than paying an employee even $3 an hour?

like, i guess what i am saying is, wouldn't they be rolling this out regardless of how much they were paying workers?

Apr 7, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

wait

like, i guess what i am saying is, wouldn't they be rolling this out regardless of how much they were paying workers?

Yep.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

wait

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/applebees-table-tablets-spoil-family-dinners/story?id=21083744

doesn't say in the article whether they canned all the waitstaff tho so I don't know

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I unironically hope a minimum wage hike causes the last grocery store hold outs to install self checkouts.

also amazon is cool but I got a package today that was delivered by fedex instead of ups and I hope its just temporary

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
WARNING:

if you demand a higher salary, we'll have no choice but to be forced to trade this:

with....THIS!!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shaggar posted:

I unironically hope a minimum wage hike causes the last grocery store hold outs to install self checkouts.

also amazon is cool but I got a package today that was delivered by fedex instead of ups and I hope its just temporary

amazon uses whichever shipping carrier is a fraction of a cent cheaper on a particular day. why do you hate capitalism?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

check out all those employments

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

hobbesmaster posted:

amazon uses whichever shipping carrier is a fraction of a cent cheaper on a particular day. why do you hate capitalism?

because fedex sucks in my area and i have a 50/50 chance of receiving anything shipped by them

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
"oh uh yeah we have your package right here at the depot on the rear end end of town, i know you were home all day but our guy says he knocked twice and left a note on the door maybe it fell off under the porch somewhere?" -fedex

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
FedEx is the worst. the ups guy leaves the package in front of my door whereas the fedex guy somehow cannot enter the building, won't take a signature, and must love the 20 "just fuccccking leave it dude" messages he gets a week.

gently caress FedEx.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Just get your stuff shipped to work, christ

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
I walk to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Just-In-Timeberlake posted: