Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
the ramen place in the foodcourt at one of the malls near me has an tablet that you can tap your order into so that when there's a long line you only have to pay when you get to the counter, it owns

ramen is pretty tasty too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reading
Jul 27, 2013

A Yolo Wizard posted:

I called the local Pizza Hut once and it sent me to a call center since their line was busy

With the rise of prison call centers won't most of that stuff be done in prisons soon if it isn't already? That's the future of the American labor market (not making that up btw, get some Organic Locally Sourced Eco Sustainable Tilapia at Whole Foods that was grown on a prison fish farm if u don't believe me)

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

reading posted:

With the rise of prison call centers won't most of that stuff be done in prisons soon if it isn't already? That's the future of the American labor market (not making that up btw, get some Organic Locally Sourced Eco Sustainable Tilapia at Whole Foods that was grown on a prison fish farm if u don't believe me)

plus therely be fees which the state can skim from and use to fund other things because prisons are a business

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

plus therely be fees which the state can skim from and use to fund other things because prisons are a business

here's my idea

decriminalise marijuana, start licensing growers and distributors, either quietly keep tabs on consumers or require the distributors to do the same. one way or another, build an extensive list of known people

then recriminalise marijuana and immediately go around knocking on each of those doors with a sniffer dog, because no way more than 40% of them actually quit

instantly double the prison population

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

yeah because prisons are criminally (lol) underpopulated atm

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Turn every building into a miniature prison

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Sagebrush posted:

the usps is publicly controlled, entirely self-funded (none of your taxes pay for it) and works better than any of the private carriers. you have literally nothing to complain about here.

grow up

I would happily pay taxes for it if that means no more trash delivery

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
in canada they are slowly phasing out home delivery in favour of putting in those big community mailboxes

bitch all you want about usps but if they ever start losing money have fun fighting them when they put one of those communal mailboxes on your front lawn and you come home to piles of junk mail all around it

(luckily for me i'm next to an apartment building so they'll probably put the mailbox beside that but other people in older, densely packed neighbourhoods are pretty hosed)

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
we'll still get parcels delivered to our door though because they sure as poo poo can't risk losing business to ups and fedex

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Cold on a Cob posted:

in canada they are slowly phasing out home delivery in favour of putting in those big community mailboxes

bitch all you want about usps but if they ever start losing money have fun fighting them when they put one of those communal mailboxes on your front lawn and you come home to piles of junk mail all around it

(luckily for me i'm next to an apartment building so they'll probably put the mailbox beside that but other people in older, densely packed neighbourhoods are pretty hosed)

Lol i can't remember living anywhere that didn't have communal mailboxes.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cold on a Cob posted:

my parents just moved and they have a communal mailbox but they're literally the only house on the block that does

based on the numbers on the boxes most of the rest of the houses are like half a mile away

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yeah we already have communal mailboxes. i still have a personal one though :smuggo:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
thought i saw the shaggar-signal lit up

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
sorry i assumed you were all cool and lived in inner city neighbourhoods where communal mailboxes aren't a thing yet :smug:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
someone post shaggar's address

I want to mail him literal garbage from my trash bin to his apartment via ups so he can't complain about the usps anymore

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

I would rather they just stop the trash delivery and have people/businesses pay the full cost of postage.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

pagoe posted:

usps is awful. i ordered something from the us(a dragon dildo) and it kept getting returned to sender because of "unknown address" until i got a refund from the sender. i know americans cannot into geography but jesus christ just send it to literally any country that isnt the us and they will be able to deal with it. if usps seriously is the best one around, id like you to try postal service in a developed country instead. you will be blown the gently caress away by the efficiency and speed. thx 4 reading

...you ordered a "dragon dildo"?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
dont dildoshame

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
but also don't advertize that you bought one smh

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

Cold on a Cob posted:

when i was in college the dorms had a big mail room and the floor was always 100% carpeted in pizza flyers

tbh i don't really care whether the usps lives or dies cause most of their business is putting literal garbage into a box for me to take out and throw away. plus they leave testy notes if i don't bother to empty the trash box for a week

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Tiny Bug Child posted:

tbh i don't really care whether the usps lives or dies cause most of their business is putting literal garbage into a box for me to take out and throw away.

that's because they've been constrained anytime they branch out

like literally the joke on seinfeld about email killing the post office is only true because congress made it illegal for them to offer email addresses

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

blame the usps and not the dragon dildo store tho, who knows how they addressed it

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

computer parts posted:

like literally the joke on seinfeld about email killing the post office is only true because congress made it illegal for them to offer email addresses

we sorta did the opposite in canada, companies can email bills securely via this thing called epost run by canada post

lots of companies don't use it and since it costs money a lot of the companies that do are trying to get their customers to switch to logging into company site directly for bills instead

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

although the best argument against the usps is if you've ever lived in a building without package delivery and have to go to a branch to pick poo poo up, an hour minimum each time

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

computer parts posted:

yeah i know congress totally hosed the usps but that doesn't change how annoying their mandatory trash delivery service is

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

we sorta did the opposite in canada, companies can email bills securely via this thing called epost run by canada post

lots of companies don't use it and since it costs money a lot of the companies that do are trying to get their customers to switch to logging into company site directly for bills instead

yeah it would be stupid to do it through the usps when you can do it thru your own company's existing customer web zone.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Shaggar posted:

yeah it would be stupid to do it through the usps when you can do it thru your own company's existing customer web zone.

it's great for the customers because i can file the bills how i want and keep them for years even if the company goes out of business and for some places i don't even have a web account but still get my ebills

but for the businesses it's a tough sell even though it's cheaper than snail mailing bills

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

yep lol

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

pagoe posted:

usps is awful. i ordered something from the us(a dragon dildo) and it kept getting returned to sender because of "unknown address" until i got a refund from the sender. i know americans cannot into geography but jesus christ just send it to literally any country that isnt the us and they will be able to deal with it. if usps seriously is the best one around, id like you to try postal service in a developed country instead. you will be blown the gently caress away by the efficiency and speed. thx 4 reading

you have to tell the forums which one you bought now lol good job

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

rotor posted:

agreed, for values of rich that don't include me and parts of America I don't live in

no me too death to everyone

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Sagebrush posted:

i'm just kinda sitting here blinking at this one

shaggared again

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Shaggar posted:

I would rather they just stop the trash delivery and have people/businesses pay the full cost of postage.

shagger just tape your mailbox shut if you hate junk mail so much.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

rotor posted:

shagger just tape your mailbox shut if you hate junk mail so much.

or fill it full of mangled bicycle helmets

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
usps doesn't deliver to the forums but somehow all of shaggars posts get here just fine so the private sector is doing a great job of trash delivery imo

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

uncurable mlady posted:

usps doesn't deliver to the forums but somehow all of shaggars posts get here just fine so the private sector is doing a great job of trash delivery imo

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

computer toucher posted:

...you ordered a "dragon dildo"?
:nws:bad dragon:nws: is goon-infamous enough that i just assumed it was a joke but now i'm not so sure especially since blabbing about dragon dildo purchases is exactly the kind of thing that furries do anyway

what i'm saying is yiff in hell pagoe

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

uncurable mlady posted:

idk that's kinda mean, and i do enjoy watching a good shaggering from time to time

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
I ordered a thing tonight on prime and they got it out tonight and sent it next day air for free cool

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
ups. but they are all fine here as long as it's not fedex/usps combo delivery thing. gently caress that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

uncurable mlady posted:

• Locked thread