Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i lust for mom + pops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
yeah i really miss walking into small businesses where the owners were all hopped up on "HOW TO OWN A SMALL BUSINESS" and spend the whole time trying to satisfying your every need and then they're also libertarians

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

BONGHITZ posted:

i lust for mom + pops

I'll bet you do

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

rotor posted:

I'll bet you do

:toot:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it's doing a really good job of murdering all comic book stores

where are you supposed to go to hang out with tatted up shy bookish girls when that happens amazon

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

where are you supposed to go to hang out with tatted up shy bookish girls when that happens amazon

coffee shops

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i bring biooks to bars now too

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

rotor posted:

I'll bet you do

:supaburn:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i bring biooks to bars now too

lol

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

b&n

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
it's really easy to not have to talk to anyone at all through my day, even when i go to work and come home and go to the grocery store

it's kind of scary

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

my local b&n closed, right after the boarders did

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol if you don't buy condoms and lube in bulk off amazon

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

coffee shops

hello 1990s

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
yeah gently caress amazon especially for trying to tell publishers they cant overcharge me

you see the publishers are isis and amazon is the kurds. independent book sellers are those villages in the middle where everyone gets beheaded.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Alereon posted:

yeah gently caress amazon especially for trying to tell publishers they cant overcharge me

you see the publishers are isis and amazon is the kurds. independent book sellers are those villages in the middle where everyone gets beheaded.

i'm crazy Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and I just cant stop slashing prices!!!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

twee/mumblecore movies and shows?

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
before amazon i couldn't get any decent tailoring books for less than $80 dollars but now i can get a pretty good one for my ipad for only tenbux

but ebay and amazon have let a bunch of depressing steampunk cosplay girls exhaust the supply of the ones i really want so they have shot up past $400 and they're never for sale because nerds buy them and then never use them

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

I lol'd

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i dunno theres gotta be a middle school in sf

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
yeah gently caress amazon for not charging like $80 for a random ac adapter

hell i just got a satellite splitter from there for $3 instead of the $12 a local store wanted those amazonian bucklefuckers

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

theflyingexecutive posted:

twee/mumblecore movies and shows?

do sylvester stallone movies count as mumblecore

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
actually amazon owns

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

do sylvester stallone movies count as mumblecore
the original mumblecore

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

FamDav posted:

i dunno theres gotta be a middle school in sf

lol

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
there are more dogs in sf than children

good, i hate those things

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

waldenbooks borders barnes and noble

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

angry_keebler posted:

before amazon i couldn't get any decent tailoring books for less than $80 dollars but now i can get a pretty good one for my ipad for only tenbux

but ebay and amazon have let a bunch of depressing steampunk cosplay girls exhaust the supply of the ones i really want so they have shot up past $400 and they're never for sale because nerds buy them and then never use them

what makes tailoring books so good?

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

yeah i really miss walking into small businesses where the owners were all hopped up on "HOW TO OWN A SMALL BUSINESS" and spend the whole time trying to satisfying your every need and then they're also libertarians

tihs is why i buy from amazon

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

BONGHITZ posted:

what makes tailoring books so good?

there are lots of cool pictures, even in later books like a 70's edition where everything is high waisted plaid super snug hips over a flared leg with a razor sharp crease. also, there are little techniques that can really only be learned from books unless you're lucky enough to find an old school tailor willing to teach you

a lot of tailors don't bother learning certain techniques since couture has become a cashmere hoodie over some off the rack pants, maybe altered, that get steamed every week so why bother learning how to draw up your own patterns for each customer or how to carefully shape with an iron if the customer won't notice the difference

so of course internet weirdos snatch up vintage shears and a good quality 16 pound dry iron and the only copy of a cool old book to come for auction all so they can buy a pair of pinstripe pants from the goodwill they can dye yellow to dress up like doctor who

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

angry_keebler posted:

depressing steampunk cosplay girls

don't post my harem

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Amazon is actually very good,

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

angry_keebler posted:

there are lots of cool pictures, even in later books like a 70's edition where everything is high waisted plaid super snug hips over a flared leg with a razor sharp crease. also, there are little techniques that can really only be learned from books unless you're lucky enough to find an old school tailor willing to teach you

a lot of tailors don't bother learning certain techniques since couture has become a cashmere hoodie over some off the rack pants, maybe altered, that get steamed every week so why bother learning how to draw up your own patterns for each customer or how to carefully shape with an iron if the customer won't notice the difference

so of course internet weirdos snatch up vintage shears and a good quality 16 pound dry iron and the only copy of a cool old book to come for auction all so they can buy a pair of pinstripe pants from the goodwill they can dye yellow to dress up like doctor who

nice, thank you for your explanation

personally i just wear a bunch of grasses tied together as a loincloth

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 393 days!
mlyp, op.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I use amazon to buy underwear

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Clamps McGraw posted:

tihs is why i buy from amazon

same, also you can get a refund out of amazon without sacrificing your first born

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Small business owners are actually subhuman garbage and America's vanguard on the quest to sell out everyone and everything for a dollar. I support Amazon in utterly destroying them. nothing of value was lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
working for a small business owner is my #1 nightmare

• Locked thread