Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
amazon is p good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

usps doesn't deliver to the forums but somehow all of shaggars posts get here just fine so the private sector is doing a great job of trash delivery imo

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

pram posted:

it is a depressing store

their CEO is a libertarian numbskull who is running a real-world version of 'why libertarianism doesn't work' with sears and kmart

http://www.salon.com/2013/12/10/ayn_rand_loving_ceo_destroys_his_empire_partner/

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Citizen Tayne posted:

Also you can get a Snap-On

pebbled again

rebrand as 'pebl' and relaunch

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Cold on a Cob posted:

also lots of older poo poo was more repairable than now

lots of older poo poo had components the size of a baby's arm that were available off-the-shelf in more generalized forms; speciality manufacturing, relentless cost-cutting, and the relative ease of custom fabrication has killed that dream

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i'd rather blame the inscrutable chinese

the real mystery of the orient is how we can slash 20% off the BOM

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

uncurable mlady posted:

the real mystery of the orient is how we can slash 20% off the BOM

the answer usually involves unsafe amounts of lead

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

the largest local mall has 3 department stores on the periphery, a jc pennys, dillards and macys. between the two wings of the mall was the sears; if you wanted to go to more than one store you usually had to go through the sears

it was the most depressing thing ever. like they had an absolutely enormous amount of foot traffic, but there were rarely things for sale close to the main path, lighting was dim, it looked like it had never been cleaned, displays were ancient and so forth. the store was packed from people trying to get from one end to the other end of the mall and nobody ever stopped and bought anything because they were actively trying to get people to not buy stuff I guess?

my wife along with every non-native Kentuckian I have ever met thinks Fayette Mall is the weirdest loving thing because of the Sears being in the middle like that

although I guess that Sears is gone now

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

they're replacing it with a cheesecake factory

seriously

there is a new sears in lexington though; it replaces a space that was formerly occupied by a blockbuster video which i find loving hilarious (specifically man o war/saron drive; near tates creek/man'o'war across from the kroger)

:psyduck:

I guess my dad will be happy that he can still go buy craftsman tools somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

I like Jameco over digikey

• Locked thread