Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

BONGHITZ posted:

i lust for mom + pops

I'll bet you do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

death to the rich

death to america

agreed, for values of rich that don't include me and parts of America I don't live in

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

amazon pricing is really weird.

like the other day i needed 12lbs of screws. I could buy 12 1lb boxes for $10.something each. OR I could buy a 15lb box of the exact same screws for $250.

I know they do like algorithmic pricing but sometimes it really seems like it fucks up pretty bad.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

thats not a good joke

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

BONGHITZ posted:

what did you screw up now?

i built a deck

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

if you think the usps is bad, lmao, try sending a letter in like any other country in the world

usps owns.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

if what you're trying to say is that postal services are garbage in this era of email and computers that is another discussion. but as postal services go, the usps is the best one in the world.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

you know what's great? fax machines. I loving love them. I can make a physical sheet of paper with crudely drawn penises on it appear at a friends house, instantly, at virtually no cost.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

3d fax machines would be cool but it can't be so slow, I can't wait for like 2 hours while my crudely rendered dong prints out on Dave's machine

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Shaggar posted:

of course its the best, its American. but the idea that people still send letters is hilarious.

yeah it's weird but people do

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Shaggar posted:

I would rather they just stop the trash delivery and have people/businesses pay the full cost of postage.

shagger just tape your mailbox shut if you hate junk mail so much.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

people love craftsman brand tools for some unfathomable reason

usually beats harbor freight

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

I bought an hf arbor press and when I opened it it was the filthiest piece of machinery I had ever seen. it's like it was coated in used grease and rolled in cinders

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Citizen Tayne posted:

I stopped a harbor freight to buy a right angle screwdriver to do some tight area work and they had none. Who the gently caress doesn't have those

the ace hardware up the street :mad:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i had the best goddamn hardware store right up the street from me. it was amazing. it was this tiny little old-rear end hardware store with a bunch of stuff left over from the 40s, big bulk nail thing, giant wall of nuts & bolts, they'd sell you flashing by the foot, they stocked all the weirdo stuff the houses around here need, there was a big tool rental, and the lumber yard was tiny BUT IT WAS A loving LUMBER YARD AND I COULD JUST SAW OFF FOUR FEET OF 2x6 AND BUY IT!

around 6 years ago, the owner decided to gut the building, remodel and build 8 condos on top of it. It took around 18 months because san francisco and, well, by the time they reopened the customers had just learned to go to Home Depot instead. They closed in about 6 months.

I am still super bitter about it.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Citizen Tayne posted:

Don't buy poo poo from Lowes. They are the worst. When I went to buy my ill-fated chest freezer, they scheduled delivery three times and never delivered a single day. They "lost" it every time.

lowes has better lumber than home depot, although that's an admittedly pretty low bar

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

PuTTY riot posted:

the ppl in diy say to buy lumber from a lumber yard not a hardware store idk

good advice but for a lot of us there isn't a real lumber yard within reasonable driving distance

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

http://www.berrysmill.com/ is where I'm gettin my wood these days :chord:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Socracheese posted:

mcmaster-carr is the best thing ever

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

also, rotor, you live in the sunset, are you hearing all these bangs and pops that sound like a ZSU-23 AAA gun and/or firecrackers? what the hell are they, they've been going off all night

firecrackers

chinese people fuckin love firecrackers

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

amazingly there are terrible zip ties out there

i found this out the hard way :mad:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

hahaha i ordered some $8 clothing thing and didnt' pay attention to the shipping time.

it's going to be shipped from china hahahaha

sometimes i order things from china and they get here 4 days later, it's a crazy world we live in

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

amazon is sometimes price competitive with McMaster for raw materials. I ordered a block of aluminum & a 1" brass hex bar and saved about 10% and got prime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

computer parts posted:

it does this on tmobile, you can dismiss it if you check the voicemail though

ffs I had a palm pre on tmobile & it didn't do this

how in gods name did android even get to be #2

• Locked thread